vapro

Ash

vaporist
This looks like a miniaturized, hand-held box-vape, where the miniaturization eliminates the need for a whip. But, isn't what the VHW all about (and for a lot less $$)?

Ash,

max

Out to lunch
The Vapro has been around for years. On the rare occasion when anyone asks about it, all you hear is crickets chirping. At $275 and up, you'd think it would have some secret technology that makes it a real jewel. I think not. I guess they've found enough suckers to keep them in business though. :rolleyes:

max,

risinginlovelight

I tried this today. Maybe one has to know how to use it correctly. I have searched for years for a really fine vaporizer.
this is simple
This is clean
economical use of herbs
Works really well with no burn or odor
I will get one when i feel like spending the buck
It does not get dirty all my other ones got stinky and were a security issue if not kept clean
i have to believe anyone that had poor results did not know how to use it properly
No I do not work for the company ;)

risinginlovelight,

ttomo

I just found this post when searching topics on my iolite and I wanted to share my experience with the vapro:

Short version:
I love my vapro! LOVE IT!! [last paragraph has a summary]

Wall of text version:
I am a long-term owner and user of The Vapro and have had many, many friends use it over the years and several of them have bought their own. i actually have vapro #003 from the original batch created around 6 years ago. I've used it almost every day since, and have taken it on many road/camping trips. The original vapro store (and owner/creator) used to be local to me which is how I discovered the vapro when shopping for one.

Description: The Vapro always reminds me of a retro laser remote. It is very solid, very clean and simple. They are handmade by one person, as are the accessories that go with the vapro; this is something I like. It is more of a piece of art, closer to one-of-a-kind, and unique. Mine is all black with silver columns. It sits on 4 rubberish grippy-nobs, has an air in-take port on the left side with a screen in it for dust filtering [I unscrew the end cap for a bigger air flow]. Inside is a block of wood, a light, some wires and the base of the glass element. Outside on top is a single knob that you turn clock-wise for off-idle-on. The light changes with each turn from off-dim-on. The light is for highlighting the subject, to show that the unit is on and to warn not to touch. The handle has a firm, foamish grip over metal and is very solid feeling. The power wire runs through the middle of the handle and out the end.

There are 2 versions, a home version and car version.
The home version wire runs from the unit directly to the wall plug.
The car version wire runs from the vapro for about a foot and ends with a female adapter. The attachment male adapter runs to the wall plug or there is also the car adapter wire that runs to your car's cigarette lighter.

Performance: It heats up in about 5 minutes, and gets hotter around 10-15min. In the car it gets even hotter, faster, and care should be used when in the car [i will go into more detail later*]. I have the vapro pipe which works great and I use a wire to clean and collect from it. I also have a vapro bubbler which is beautiful and hits very smooth with a stronger, condensed hit. I also have a glass-on-glass vapro bowl which i've used in many of my friends glass-on-glass water pipes. This last piece is great because of its versatility. I also use this piece for discrete car usage by attaching 3/8" tubing to a glass-on-glass stem and *having a friend riding along help out with the vapro.

My usage of it: just cover the bottom screen with a layer of taster's choice. you can grind it up, or just pinch smallish pieces into it (the smaller your pieces, the more surface area that is exposed to heat). First hit is long and slow and has a very strong, full flavor. Next i take my swiss army file tool and use that to crush the pieces against the side of the pipe to break them up even smaller now that plant is drier. Second hit is carefully pulled long and slow - this second hit is powerful and can make you cough or choke, or even surprise exhale. At this point, I just repeat the process of knife grind and vape. With friends we do personals, or we pass the swiss army with the pipe and the vape. I/we just keep using it until no more vape comes out at which point the ground-up pieces are a correct shade of yellow/brown to brown color depending on how hard we try to vape it ;P I save this and use it to cook with making anything from oil, butter, cookies to cheese and pizza toppings.

Car usage: First, this is best when stationary and with the help of a friend. I like it for camping as I usually offroad and have my vehicle nearby. But the car's DC current is much "stronger" than your home's AC current, so more care is needed in the car. I think that's what the "idle" setting is for although i use the "on" setting in the car as well. But with the "on" setting in the car, be VERY careful as the temperature can get much higher.

As i've mentioned, I've used mine for 6 years solid, and have gone from nubnub to vaPRO (see what i did there :p ) and I've only had the best experience with it.

My pros for this vaporizer:
- personal usage cut around 60%+. My Vapro literally paid for itself very quickly. You can use any amount in the bowl (within reason) I try for smaller bowls - more airflow=better vapor (same way fires work)
- doesnt need additional items for use such as butane or plastic bags, just the pipe and unit
- simple - hold the pipe, use the vapro like a lighter, when done, empty pipe
- can collect oils from this!
- the dottle is great for cooking
- glass - clean, and you can see what's going on at every step (fun for collected oils)
- taste - delivers great, full flavor
- vapor - nice, THICK vapor, can coff or blow smoke rings if desired
- coughing feels nice, I enjoy the cough that this gives although I'm in more control of whether it makes me coff or not now
- no vapor loss - heat is applied when you're ready for it - there is no extra cooking while not in use
- clean - screens filter dust out, no butane or other chemicals involved
- you pull vape directly into lungs, not a bag, your lungs ARE the bag
- attachments - I dont have to vape the same way every time - pipes, tubes, water... i even made a gravity attachment I can use :D
- unique - art handmade by one man, not a mass manufactured item, but quality hand crafted
- discrete car usage with the "modded" tubing and glass on glass piece.

My cons for this vaporizer:
- If the vapro is left in front of a fan or air conditioner, or if your room temp is extra cold, it can affect the temp of the vapro. This may be the biggest con depending on your situation.
- it can burn you. it is a mature device and careful usage is necessary. it is very solid and stationary, but if you set it on a couch or bed or in the car, and move around, it can roll. thats all it takes to get a very awesome either circle scar, or crescent moon scar. Definitely can get cool scars with this, maybe thats a pro. I imagine most vaporizers run a risk of burning on some level, the same as a lighter, or flame thrower.

Summary: Hope this review is helpful - I've tried a few vaporizers and seen several others in action, but between me and the people i've shared the vapro with, the vapro is easily the cleanest, tastiest vaporizer, producing a thick vapor with any sized pack. It has great air flow, a clean heating element, its simple, well-made, unique and I haven't seen anything that beats it yet. The owner's design intentions were to make a superior vaporzier to the ones on the market, and i've been completely satisfied with my purchase. Until Vapro 2 comes out, the Vapro is my only recommendation.

ttomo,

ttomo

RussyRoo said:
hahaha nice review!!
thanks, i def love my vapro and wanted to share that.

also, if anyone has questions about it, i'll try to answer them.

ttomo,

Raf007

Retailer
i dreamed about it last nite lol
super thick and tasty vapor, but the engine was so hot...
anyway... it was only a dream...:D

Raf007,

kabob

derporist
02llse
2010-10-03 06:48:45 pm
p.o.s.
my power cord broke within two weeks. A complete waste of money
it has a 1 year warranty on electronics so you can send it to get it repaired. i have a vapro which had a similar issue, but i had bought it second hand. the part of the cable that broke for me was by the handle, so i just cut that part and wire nutted it back to the "internal" parts of the vapro (only lost a few inches of wire). if you have a bit of electrical knowledge you can fix it yourself, but safety first!

while i am here i will share my thoughts about this vaporizer. i have had a second hand unit which i got from a friend for about 2 years now, and it is by far my favorite vape that i have used out of 5-7 vapes that i have tried, though i still need to try a purple days :/. out of the vapro pipe, i think nothing compares in taste, it is insanely clean and crisp flavor. i love the glass on glass concept as i feel that products that use a whip or bag (some kind of "plastic") alter the taste, leaving it less "pure". i also have the bubbler which is fairly new to me (only had it a few days), i feel as if the hits are much "cooler" and condensed, but im not sure if it feels as efficient as the pipe, this is something i will have to put more time into. now i know different people prefer different heat levels/vapor thickness, but i find that the vapor from this product is great, its not overly thick but nice and pleasant (at least for me), it has no taste of scorched product and the product always finishes in a pale shade of yellow.

GhostVapor
2009-11-10 02:27:01 pm
Simply, It was not hot enough to produce any kind of desirable vapor. I own a Raytek mini temp non contact thermometer, At its hottest the Vapro was only reaching between 320 and 325F. I even had a friend of mine who owns a volt meter, come over and check my outlets to ensure the were at 120V. So its safe to say, for me anyway that the Vapro is a piece of junk. The guy that bought it from me also regrets buying it, and he paid considerably less than I did.

imo thats the worst vape money can buy. i got one off ebay awhile back, had it for a week before i sold it to a friend for half of what i bought it for.

i think the unit is a bit tricky to get an exact temperature from. i used a sperry "temperature gun", or whatever you like to call it, and i got an average of 360F-365F from the tip of the unit, which gives me very pleasant vapor. i also assume as you inhale the temperature rises in the bowl (when the glass is on the pipe) but it is very hard to try to get a temperature reading safely and accurately, and i could be wrong about the bowl getting hotter all together.

personally i would be a bit sketchy getting a vaporizer off ebay (not to bash on ebay, but sometimes things arent what they should be).

kabob,

max

Out to lunch
personally i would be a bit sketchy getting a vaporizer off ebay (not to bash on ebay, but sometimes things arent what they should be).
Depends on who you're buying from. A lot of on-line dealers sell on eBay, most often at better prices than they offer on their own sites. Others are dedicated eBay sellers and want to provide good products and good service so they can continue to be successful sellers. As always with eBay, it pays to buy from a seller with lots of positive feedback. You're a lot more likely to have a problem buying from someone who's just selling an unwanted personal item, than with a seller who depends on eBay for a steady income. If you want to be a steady eBay seller, you better provide what you advertise and be prepared to stand behind it if you want people to continue to buy from you. eBay also has buyer protection, especially through PayPal, so if you do get screwed by a seller, you'll get your money back (just don't expect an instant refund).

xvdbio

the vapro has been my primary vape since 2005 and it's still going strong. the donut shaped scars fade eventually - and they're a small price to pay for the quality and quantity of the vapor it's delivered. for a simple device with a major glass component it's incredibly durable - i've dropped it more times than i care to remember. unfortunately the $150 vapro bubbler is less durable. after i broke 2 in 2 months i wrapped my third in about a centimeter of electrical tape, crazy glue and silicone goop. it's ugly, but i haven't had a breakage since.

after using it for a couple of years i got a volcano because i figured as the "cadillac" of vaporizers it would be a big upgrade. i may get laughed out of this forum for saying so but I was sorely disappointed.... sold the volcano to a friend a few months later.

i love the glass-on-glass. from what i've read and seen on this forum i suspect the vapeX cloud could change my mind, but that glass it comes with looks far to nice for me to be trusted with it.

xvdbio,
How is the vapro get hot enough for your IMO? Even with the small hand pipe only small wisps of vapor are produced...

biojuggernaut,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
There are too many new posters in here, this topic feels manipulated. I humbly request some video to show legitimacy of performance.

I agree - I need some veteran RC members to review it or of course video would be great. The thing looks like a ray gun from the old Max Fleischer Superman cartoons!

mvapes,
Reactions: Adobewan

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Someone over on eBay threw this vape(brand new) up for sale so I jumped on it. It had arrived in the mail today and much to my dismay the glass tube had broken near the base. Since I got this at a huge discount($110 compared to the ~$300 it would have been), and it not being under warranty and all, I decided to open it up to see if I could fix it. The internals to this are rather simplistic. Metal, wires, a switch, wood, glass, and a lamplight are basically all it is. So I get to removing glass shards and reposition the glass which had broke in such a way that it'd still be usable. I get everything hooked up and it worked! :o

Now, onto the actual usage portion. The Vapro has three settings: off, "idle", and "vaporize!". The switch only works on a clockwise turn but twisting counter-clockwise won't hurt. It comes with a custom blown glass pipe. There is obviously the bowl and the draw-stem but this pipe is odd since it has a carb on the bottom. :\
At first I didn't notice this and after I drew off it, found it to be rather lackluster. After having noticed the carb, calling upon knowledge gained from my combustion days,and trying again... I got vastly improved results! :science:

I found the taste to be quite pleasant(for the herb I've got anyway) and the vapor rather smooth. Surprising, considering the fact I prefer a water filtered intake. Speaking of water filtration, I gave that a go as well. Since the Vapro didn't come with a fitting for a water pipe I had to improvise a little. I took a spare bowl I had lying around and tried that out. Wasn't getting much visible vapor going on but could definitely taste it. After about five minutes of doing rips the vapor really started to roll out!:love: Had to cut my session a tad short though so didn't get to really run the gambit with it.

Overall, I'm pleased with this vape. I'm sure that with more practice I'll get it down pat. I'll keep you guys informed. Feel free to ask any questions about it.

VaporEyes,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
I will try my best but I've never been to good with cameras. :lol:

So I'm hoping to get a video demoing this up sometime next week. The quality won't be the greatest but it should be enough to satisfy those wondering about this vape. Please, feel free to inform me of what you want to see and I'll try my best to show it.

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
I have come down with a cold and will have to postpone filming of the video for now, unfortunately. I should be over it in a week or so and will resume shooting then. Sorry to disappoint those anticipating seeing this in action. :cry:

VaporEyes,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
I apologize to those who have been awaiting a vid of this in action. It came out very poorly and isn't up to the standards I would like it to be so I will need to bring in a friend to assist me(making excuses, I know). To make matters worse my former supplier has decided that he's "not selling anymore" so I'm having to find a new one. Perhaps I can find some other herb to mimic the vapor production of cannabis...

Top Bottom