VaporTower or Vapolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
So I was about to click order on the Vapolution but my friend showed me this one and I honestly rather like the looks of it(Never a fan of Plastic shells like on the Vapolution, I love wood made stuff:) ), are they comparable since they are about the same price with the coupon(Well the package I was gonna order for the Vapolution cost about the same at least).

I tried searching here, but it seems there was not much talk about this one(One thread I could find), it seems well made in the USA with quality parts(Emailed them, they make everything themselves in CA) and a lifetime warranty which in reality the Vapolution doesn't have(40 dollars for any repair after 90 days). With the coupon I can get it for $165(Splitting the cost with friend, so about 80 each) and that comes with:

10 pack screens VaporTower (5) 1" (5) .812"
Acrylic Grinder
2 Silicone Tubing
Aroma Bowl
Stir Tools
Handkit
Two glass mouthpieces
Lifetime Warranty

It seems like a decent deal but I can't find many reviews on it or how it would compare to something like the Vapolution(efficiency, Vapor quality) I am very indecisive, I was really about to hit the order button on the Vapolution after picking it over the rest on the market in this price range....

Sorry for being a pain and opening a new thread, my other one closed itself, tried going to another forum but wasn't getting my responses there so decided to just open anther here...hope thats ok.

HillaryClinton,

FrogBoy138

I thought you were trying to only spend around $100. At 165 seems like you should be looking at stuff like the DBV. I don't know anything other then reading that same thread as you when it comes to the Vapor Tower.

FrogBoy138,

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
I was looking to spend around 150 so this is pretty much in that zone, I checked out the DBV and honestly am iffy with that due to where the components come from and where its made(Parts made from China, Quality control is done in the US though...still iffy to me, not sure).

HillaryClinton,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Well, that may be the feel you get from it but we wouldn't lead you astray. It's the most popular whip vape for a reason.

Still, if that is your price range, get a vapolution.

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Guessing they aren't comparable then? Thats a shame...

I don't totally doubt that, I am just extremely paranoid I guess....

HillaryClinton,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you ;)

There are a lot of bad vaporizer companies who mass produce poorly designed vapes out of questionable components. Your fears certainly aren't unfounded. But in this case; 7th floor is a very reputable company with a great family of vaporizers.

They aren't really comparable though. The designs are different in several ways. The DBV uses much more herb at a time than a vapolution, and the vapolution does not need grinding. There's more than that but they are both capable machines, and the vapoluition is certainly the better deal.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
if you don't find an active thread here on a vape that has been out as long as the VaporTower there may be a reason. (Then again, the Vapolution thread wasn't doing much for a long time either.) But these guys are right...if I was gonna spend $160 I would get the dbv. But I wholeheartedly recommend the VAP2 for $100.

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Yeah but I hear the DBV uses much more herb and Centizen seems to think the same so thats kinda out for me I guess even if its 100 percent safe and all.

Most of the reviews seem good on the site but I honestly don't know if Vaporstore is legit when it comes to that(some sites fake reviews after all): https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=VaporTower&review=all

I mean I am sure the Vapoultion is very much worth the asking price but I am always drawn to wood, I read this is just an updated VaporBrothers, I have heard mostly good about those also....

Mostly 5 stars though, I might end up flipping a coin at this point! :doh:

HillaryClinton,

hoptimum

Yeah but I hear the DBV uses much more herb and Centizen seems to think the same so thats kinda out for me I guess even if its 100 percent safe and all.

Most of the reviews seem good on the site but I honestly don't know if Vaporstore is legit when it comes to that(some sites fake reviews after all): https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=VaporTower&review=all

I mean I am sure the Vapoultion is very much worth the asking price but I am always drawn to wood, I read this is just an updated VaporBrothers, I have heard mostly good about those also....

Mostly 5 stars though, I might end up flipping a coin at this point! :doh:

If you are enamored of wood, you might consider a log vape like the e nano or UD to conserve your herb.

hoptimum,

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Would those perform better then a VaporTower? I am pretty sure its the same thing as a VaporBox/Cannon which seems liked, made by the same people I think...

HillaryClinton,

Tweek

Looks like they build the VaporTower out of plywood....in my mind, that doesn't make it any better than something made out of plastic. Keep in mind, the airpath on the vapolution is all glass, especially if you use the All in Wonder bowl.

Tweek,

FrogBoy138

yeah you could buy a log that's good advice. It's wood and will conserve your gear. It's very important when you buy your first vaporizer that you get something that works well. Your not going to come here and ask for advice on what to get then flip a coin with a 50% chance of getting something the guys on here don't think would make a good first vaporizer. Are you? I understand you like the looks of the Vapor Tower and it has a lifetime warranty. What's that even mean lifetime warranty on what part of the unit?
I'm sure it's on the heater alone. I fell for the same bate when I bought the EQ but at least the EQ had strong following.

FrogBoy138,

max

Out to lunch
I was looking to spend around 150 so this is pretty much in that zone, I checked out the DBV and honestly am iffy with that due to where the components come from and where its made(Parts made from China, Quality control is done in the US though...still iffy to me, not sure).
7th Floor uses the same heating element they've always used, and it's higher quality than the one used in the Vaportower. Your 'iffyness' is totally and completely unfounded. I assume you have the typical 'China syndrome' that we see so much. Once again, it doesn't matter where a product is made. What matters is who makes it. The vast majority of all consumer products are made in China or some other country where labor is cheap. There's a good reason why a ton more DBV's are sold, compared to the Vaportower, and why it gets little mention here. As for the lifetime warranty, it only applies to the heating element, and it's not unusual to supply such a warranty on a ceramic heater. They're extremely reliable and long lasting.

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Looks like they build the VaporTower out of plywood....in my mind, that doesn't make it any better than something made out of plastic. Keep in mind, the airpath on the vapolution is all glass, especially if you use the All in Wonder bowl.

Its birch plywood, I would think thats better then plastic in my mind but thats opinion I guess.

yeah you could buy a log that's good advice. It's wood and will conserve your gear. It's very important when you buy your first vaporizer that you get something that works well. Your not going to come here and ask for advice on what to get then flip a coin with a 50% chance of getting something the guys on here don't think would make a good first vaporizer. Are you? I understand you like the looks of the Vapor Tower and it has a lifetime warranty. What's that even mean lifetime warranty on what part of the unit?
I'm sure it's on the heater alone. I fell for the same bate when I bought the EQ but at least the EQ had strong following.

You kinda misunderstand me a tiny bit, I am not going to ignore advice or I would have not added the Vapolution into my choices...which I found about here, the flipping a coin part is more of me being incredibly indecisive at this point, sorry if it sounded like I was ignoring your advice.

The warranty covers the heating element and electronics used to power the heater apparently, so basically only physical damage isn't covered, I emailed Vapolution, they cover nothing after 90 days which I feel is pretty messed up really, I would feel tons safer if at least it was covered for a year or two.

I was wondering how well the VaporTower would compare to the logs ones mentioned is all at this point.

7th Floor uses the same heating element they've always used, and it's higher quality than the one used in the Vaportower. Your 'iffyness' is totally and completely unfounded. I assume you have the typical 'China syndrome' that we see so much. Once again, it doesn't matter where a product is made. What matters is who makes it. The vast majority of all consumer products are made in China or some other country where labor is cheap. There's a good reason why a ton more DBV's are sold, compared to the Vaportower, and why it gets little mention here. As for the lifetime warranty, it only applies to the heating element, and it's not unusual to supply such a warranty on a ceramic heater. They're extremely reliable and long lasting.

I am more worried about the glass used, so much glass and other materials that comes from china, many of them are lead based, thats why I worry, not so much the heating element, and to be totally truthful I hate the whole cheap labor thing that happens there, when I can avoid buying and supporting that I do, always. Sometimes its unavoidable but yeah that sorta turns my stomach, you won't catch me wearing china made sneakers for example...

Plus I would not get the DBV since its not so good with conserving.

They cover electronic failure also: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaportower-review.807/#post-77335

HillaryClinton,

hoptimum

Plus I would not get the DBV since its not so good with conserving.

I am not interested in influencing your decision, but I would respectfully disagree with this assessment. You can just use as little as you want in the DBV, 0.2 gram or less. I consider it relatively conservative. By the looks of this video the vapor tower actually uses more. The log vapes are even more conservative....http://www.vaportower.com

placetime

Here's my :2c: :)

I've seen mention of a "mini-whip" that can be used with the DBV, I think. My understanding is that it helps considerably with conservation. Or am I remembering wrong, and the mini-whip doesn't work with the DBV? Can someone else speak to that issue?

Around FC, it generally seems that people say that logs are the top of the heap in terms of efficiency. And, with a log you can get something hand-made in the US (or England, if you get a Wychwood). Check out the Underdog, Heat Island, Toasty Top, and Epicvape threads if you're interested in logs. (probably forgetting one or two others here)

Personally, I think it can be a toss-up as to which is "worse", plastic or plywood. Plywood will always contain very dubious glues that I'm pretty sure are not designed to be exposed to high temps. But I know very very little about the Tower, so I can't speak directly about the specific plywood used there.

:peace:

placetime,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Personally, I think it can be a toss-up as to which is "worse", plastic or plywood. Plywood will always contain very dubious glues that I'm pretty sure are not designed to be exposed to high temps. But I know very very little about the Tower, so I can't speak directly about the specific plywood used there.

:peace:

Glass Path!
Does the vapor pass thru Plastic, Wood or Glass?

My VAPOLUTION taste very pure!

FrogBoy138

Any vaporizer that really works is going to be way better at conservation then any smoking paraphernalia. Have you ever thought about buying something used I see a EQ on ebay min bid of $50 free shipping even if you spend $80-90 and a DBV for $50 min bid as well. With the info you got from these guys you could look around and get something really nice that's a little out of date. The log vapes are what a lot of these guys seem to really enjoying right now and very much in style. If I was going to buy something new that's what it would be. But it also sounds like it could take awhile to get one in your price range. Let us know how it works out no matter what you choose.

FrogBoy138,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I was wondering how well the VaporTower would compare to the logs ones mentioned is all at this point.

Who knows? There are very few people with one on here. You're just not gonna get much opinion on this vape, so I would either just get it (sounds like you really want it) or move on.

I don't know where you are getting your dbv info, but it doesn't sync with the opinion of the dbv on this board.

I don't see how you can go wrong with the VAP2...it's only $100 (it's essentially an all-glass, plastic vape made in the spirit of log vapes). You seem easily distracted with this decision and somewhat misinformed, which makes it hard to decide. Good luck!

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
I do like the look of it comparably and the way its loaded more, but thats secondary stuff I would say, the only reason I doubt the dbv is because of my experiences with china made products, especially relating to glass which is known to carry a nice percentage of lead, not saying the dbv does but I would not chance that personally(Again it probably doesn't but I am the extra cautious type). That and I hate supporting china labor...rather buy something built in the U.S or other countries like Canada, Europe, Germany, etc... like the logs being discussed or the VaporTower.

The warranty is what worries me about the VAP2, honestly I will have friends over and I feel like the way it works will most likely confuse them and while using it they might happen to mess it up when my heads turnded(read up on other forums that people have dropped it and it did break pretty easily when dropped, even a few feet onto a carpet, I have wood floors so...O_o). I feel like no one would try to pick up something like the VaporTower....or drop it, since it seems more like the stationary stay on the table kind of deal.

I am checking out the E-Nano now but its a bit more money and comes with less....it does look neat though, will check out the other ones in a bit.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
you should hurry up and get that VaporTower...now you've get me wondering if it is worth a shit! Let us know how it is.

stickstones,
Reactions: Tweek

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
you should hurry up and get that VaporTower...now you've get me wondering if it is worth a shit! Let us know how it is.

Yeah I might just end up with it honestly, but I am wondering if its just an upright Vaporbox? It seems it.

https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=hfvbox

https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=VaporTower&cat=54

They seem oddly similar, I have read good about the Vapobox here with one guy saying he liked it better then the DBV9( http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaporbox.653/#post-56341 ), its a bit more for the Tower though, not sure the advantage now...

HillaryClinton,

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
-1 for the Vapor tower... I have used my buddies more than a few times and being a recent purchaser of the Vap2.0 i would def get the vapolution... The vapor tower takes a long time for all of the glass surrounding the heating element to get hot enough to deliver good rips. I would say my vapolution2.0 beats my EXQ in full real heat up time as well... I also use the small bowl like a straight shooter and have given up on the AIWB which is nice but the smaller tubes heat up and cool down faster and get to true vaping temps quicker as well( what i mean is getting as hot as the element or near it and thats when these really start ripping). the worst part about the vaportower is the loading system.. it gets reallllly hot even with the rubber rings around it and you have to screw it together and apart with its threadings that get easily gunked up and hard to use especially when this thing is burning your fingers off... not good for loading multiple bowls and takes awhile to get to true heat up are the biggest downfalls of the VT. and the vapolution tastes awesome no high temp tubing or whatnot to ruin the taste :2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom