Vaporpro review from memory, lighter-based vape

I saw that the vaporpro had absolutely no posts on this forum and was surprised. I originally picked mine up at a headshop on Telegraph avenue but have since only been able to find them online, here: http://www.gotvape.com/store/9mm.vapor.pro.vaporizer.php

Basically, it's a glass bowl where a screen is placed with a ground glass joint up top, where the heat diffuser fits in perfectly. The heat diffuser is two pieces of stainless steel with two screws going through connecting them. There is a hole bored through the middle, and where it unscrews, one or two stainless steel screens are placed. The flame is applied (I only ever tried bics) and pulled through the hole in the top of the heat diffuser, through the screen, out into the herbal material.

I found this vaporizer to be very effective during the time I had it. It was completely awesome for extracts, and it was a vaporizer which erred on the side of being too hot, not too cold. My main problem with it was that you were constantly nuking a screen with hot fire, which eventually left it a nasty, disintegrated mass - and made you curious about the health ramifications of such an act. It was a completely adequate first vaporizer, and it was -wonderful- being able to watch the material slowly brown as you were drawing warm air through it.

My vapor pro glass bowl broke, through no one's fault but my own, when I dropped it about a year or two ago, and I've been without ever since. Still, it easily rates a review, and honestly, I think it was probably more effective than the vaporstar or the vapo-bowl - but it also required nuking a screen all the time, which I hated.

This sort of design does seem easily bettered by the HDvape and the Full Dome provided they both succeed in making an all-glass heat diffuser which is both durable and effective.

If anyone knows a place to get the 14.4 mm glass bowl portion on the cheap, please let me know.

Edit - after using the vaporstar and vapo-bowl more, both of which I really like, one thing I remember appreciating with the vapor pro was the pure visibility of the material being vaped. You can still kind of see it in the vapo-bowl but its so shallow it's difficult to see from any real perspective you'd see it while using, and the vaporstar is completely blind. The vaporpro had it far enough away from the diffuser so it was gloriously visible. Full-dome does the same with all glass though.

After my exemplary transaction with SimpleGlassTubes, I have a perilously cracked but still usable bowl for the vaporpro. SGT is sending me a replacement at breakneck speed and deserves three thumbs up for his service. Outside of the crack (most likely incurred by a careless postman) his piece has a higher build quality and more pleasing aesthetic than the original.

Anyway, I still tried using the flawed bowl tonight, and wow, the vaporpro works better than I remember. Honestly, I think it is better than the Vapo-bowl or the Vaporstar - the material is more visible (gloriously visible, really), it's more difficult to burn it, and most importantly over the other two designs, it vaporizers basically the entire load. Not a 35% slice of it like the vaporstar or a 50 or 60% circle in the middle like the vapobowl but a 95% exposure all around.

The downsides are considerable. You are drawing flame through a stainless steel screen contained inside, and there are health concerns there. The design sticks out quite a bit and is less flush than the other two, less travel friendly but I rolled around for like a year with the old one nontheless :lol:. The only website that has it sell sit for 80 bucks which is a roaring laugh for what the device actually is.

But still I like it alot after having it brought back from the dead.

8.5 out of 10.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Thank you @Abysmal Vapor , you found a nice old vape I never noticed, the OP seems to appreciate it better than the vaporstar and the vapobowl. Any ideas how it work? it looks like there is a stainless steel screen in the metal top so it might works similarly than the Nimbinvap I suppose (the NimbinVap uses severals stacked screens and a disc to avoid accidental combustion... but still possible if you don't pay enough attention and/or the lighter's flame is too big. Too bad they didn't added a handle to the metal top.

Top Bottom