1. Thanks to some very special members we were able to help those in need.
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Vaporpedia - Our Wiki

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by vtac, Jul 30, 2008.

1. placetime

placetime Well-Known Member

Happy to help. :) But, I'm having trouble posting external links. Maybe someone here can help?

I'm not getting an empty box to enter the recaptcha stuff, so the system won't let me post any external links. For now, I'm just putting a space between "http://" and the rest of the link, which is allowed, but then of course the link is broken... Anyone have any suggestions or tips?
    :peace:
  2. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

I'm not sure why that's happening, possibly it's an issue with your browser. In the meantime, I will fix any links you post.
  3. placetime

Thanks for the help pakalolo! :)

I'm not sure what the problem is. I tried three different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and had the same problem every time. I thought maybe it's because I'm on a Mac, so I fired up Ubuntu in Virtualbox and tried using Firefox there, but still got an error and still don't see the recaptcha stuff to be able to enter it. :( Is there maybe an issue with the recaptcha module on the server and/or with my perms in the system? Just guessing--I honestly don't have a lot of experience working with wikis. I'm open to suggestions (except I don't currently have quick/easy access to a Windows computer).

Here's an example of what I'm seeing when I try to Save a page after adding an external link:

[​IMG]
  4. vtac

vtac vapor junkie Staff Member

Must have been an issue with the captcha plugin. Might as well just remove it since we're doing registration by request now. If you still see that error let me know. :)
  5. placetime

No problems now! Thanks vtac! :)
    vtac likes this.
  6. Dreamerr

Dreamerr Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

Well here I am and I think I may try my hand at this since I think it is a valuable resource that is underused. I will start if froth doesn't mind, and put some more stuff in for the INH after I ask vtac for permission.
    vtac, Qbit and ShipDit like this.
  7. pakalolo

Vaporpedia uses Wiki markup for formatting. It is pretty simple if you know any markup language. If you have trouble with formatting, let me know and I can fix it. We do want to try to keep entries looking somewhat similar.

No one owns Vaporpedia entries but sometimes it looks that way. You don't need to ask if someone minds if you change or add to an entry.
    vtac likes this.
  8. Dreamerr

Ok so I have to find out what markup language is. I never even heard of that. This may solve the issue of I am now to vaping what should I buy. I don't know but there must be an easier way. If I get annoying just pm me to shut up. I just know how hard of a time I had coming back into this world after so many years it was all new again. I am very analytical so I try to fix things.
  9. pakalolo

Markup language is just a way to tell the Vaporpedia engine how to present the material. I don't know how much work you want to put into this, or whether it interests you at all, but if you want to learn how to use edit you can start by reading Wikipedia's editing help page.
  10. Dreamerr

I don't know either but I can say I will read and decide. I have nothing to do so if it does grab my interest then that would be great for me and all.
    ShipDit likes this.
  11. CentiZen

CentiZen Evil Genius in Training Accessory Maker

The wiki markup language seems kind of obtuse and counter-intuitive for a while, but once you get used to the idea of it, it is a very easy way to write wiki articles. If you run into any "zingers" while your going through the documentation, give me a PM and I'll see if I can help.
    Dreamerr, vtac, Qbit and 1 other person like this.
  12. Dreamerr

Feel better CentiZen...come back soon

Ok I read the text...is there a part of wiki I can play with and not publish to practice?
    ShipDit likes this.
  13. CentiZen

You can use the preview button instead of the submit button when your editing a page to see how it is going to come out.

And don't worry; I'll be around, I just won't be able to stay as active as I usually am.
    ShipDit likes this.
  14. CentiZen

Hey there everyone, I sort of fell off the wagon in terms of vaporpedia but I've been trying to get back into it over the last little while. It's obvious to me that there is still a great deal of work to be done, and I think it would be best if we could set up a list of pages that need to be fleshed out so that new users who want to contribute have a good place to start.

I've been mostly working on trying to bring the "All Vapes" page current to the new generation of vaporizers (this is what I envision replacing the "All Vaporizers" page which is completely outdated) but I've also noticed that there are some key vaporizer that do not have pages completed yet. This list is as much for my own reference as it is for others, but if you want to contribute to the wiki then I think these would be a good place to start:

• Dabbler
    • EpicVape E-2 and Nano
    • Firewood
    • FlashVape
    • Herbalizer
    • Inhalater XP
    • MiniVap
    • The Hammer
    • VaporBlunt Everything (Pinnacle, VB1/2, Palm/2.0)
    • VIP by SSV
    • Vapir Rise
    • Wychwood
    Whew. Anyways, I'm going to go work on the wiki.
    nopartofme likes this.
  15. Dreamerr

Oh thanks centizen for doing that wiki. I just couldn't get into it and learn a new language even though you all said it wasn't that hard. My attention span is nil for that kind of stuff. I can maybe try to write something in a doc for the PN and you can then put it up. I can go off herbalreviews, slims, and a few other posts including mine if that will help you out.
  16. pakalolo

Oh shit, I forgot all about the pages I was working on. I wonder if I can even find the files. :(

Dreamerr, you can prepare information in any editor you like and send it along. If Centizen can't handle it I will.
    ShipDit likes this.
  17. Dreamerr

Ok I will work on it. I am sure you will find your files. It just may take some time lol. I hope by editor you meant ms word or something like that. I forgot to put sticks name in when I said where I would draw from.
    ShipDit likes this.
  18. CentiZen

Yeah, that is actually a really good idea Dreamerr, people who aren't familiar with wikimarkup can feel free to send me articles that are written in a word processor or here on the site. Word is fine, AbiWord is a good one if you don't already have office. Heck even WordPad will do the job really.

Send them off to me or paka through PM and they will go up in short order. Thanks!
    ShipDit and Dreamerr like this.
  19. Dreamerr

I will go back and look at the template format I need to follow and work on this week.
  20. nopartofme

nopartofme               

Fantastic to see the ball rolling! :clap:

Vaporpedia has incredible potential, coming out of this community.
    ShipDit likes this.
  21. Dreamerr

I am working on the PN entry but now I have to figure out how to put peoples review items in. I am using other entries of other vapes as a guide but if you have a guide...plug and play already set up and can share that would help a lot. I got most of the major points done but I don't like the way it is organized. I suck at writing but I know you needed help.
    ShipDit likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors