1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Vaporpedia Account Requests

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by vtac, Dec 4, 2011.

1. vtac

vtac vapor junkie Staff Member

Vaporpedia is our wiki for all things vapor, a centralized source of information which seeks to take the best information from the forum and present it in a condensed and unbiased manner. A shining example is the MFLB article which does a fantastic job of summarizing the longest thread on fc.

Unfortunately spammers really like vaporpedia, so registration has been by request only for the last few months. The request by email system was working but I was getting a lot of requests from people who appeared to be retailers or otherwise just wanted to post their links which isn't allowed.

So, if you would like a vaporpedia account simply make a short post in this thread with a quick overview of why you'd like an account, your credentials, etc. This isn't to single anyone out, just a quick way to ensure the site stays clean. If you've been a member on fc for a while that's enough.

Due to the potential conflicts of interest, those with a commercial interest are not eligible for an account.

A HUGE thanks to everyone who's contributed to vaporpedia so far! Candidates for member of the month. ;)

DanAndroid likes this.
  2. treecityrnd

treecityrnd Active Member

Work in the drug research field :shrug:

Love FC!

3. vtac

You should get a notification via email, if you don't, let me know. :)

4. J.R.R.Tokin'

J.R.R.Tokin' Wych Doctor Manufacturer

I don't get it. Why do we need a vaporpedia account. Cant we just view the info on there without signing in?

5. vtac

The site can be viewed by anyone, an account is only needed for editing. :)

6. theheadshed

theheadshed Active Member

We corresponded by email about the account... thank you so much for creating the thread! Will the vaporpedia account use the same login information as this forum?

I work at a head shop called The Head Shed with 3 Toledo area locations. I also run cybershed.com and thetoledoshed.blogspot.com

We'd love to contribute to the Vaporpedia Project!

7. vtac

@theheadshed, thanks for reminding me to do this and sorry it took so long.

I'm very happy that you're interested in contributing but can you give me and idea of the types of edits/additions you plan on making? It's my fault for not getting around to drafting up some rules for the project, but to keep the site reputable we aren't going to allow retailers to post up their links. There won't be any ads on the site period. Thank you for the disclosure up front. :tup:

8. theheadshed

theheadshed Active Member

No worries, we can certainly keep it ad free! Right now we've got a growing compilation of vape info on our blog, thetoledoshed.blogspot.com --- there isn't actually anything for sale on the blog, it's used for information rather than sales --- videos, diagrams, product manuals, etc

9. vtac

Sounds good, email sent! :)

10. placetime

placetime Well-Known Member

hi vtac. i'd like to contribute to the vaporpedia project. been on fc for a little while. i think i have enough knowledge of some log vapes to contribute, and i can do some additions to the acronym list. also sent you an email about this. :peace:

11. THCMuscle

THCMuscle Well-Known Member

Hey,

I would like a Vaporpedia account because I enjoy using vaporpedia very much for my own personal use, and I would like to thouroughly update the Rockzap page as I feel its insufficent for such an iconic vape.

Here is a link to a very throuough review of the vaporblunt I made: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=168964#p168964

12. vtac

Accounts created and information sent via email. :)

13. OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony here for the chicks

I just noticed there isn't even a mentioning of one of my favorite vaporizers -the Vapocane- on VP, & feel the need to fix this.

Could you set me up as well please?

14. ThermoVape

ThermoVape Vaporizer Manufacturer Manufacturer

I would like a vaporpedia account to add relevant, non-marketing, information to the page about the products we manufacture.

Thank you.

15. PB88123

PB88123 Vaporist

I'll like to request a vaporpedia account to updated the ThermoVape page and add a ThermoVape Cera page.

16. vtac

Unfortunately we've had to disallow all commercial accounts to maintain Vaporpedia as a neutral source of information.

Information has been sent.

17. Professor Pickles

Professor Pickles New Member

I would like to request an account so that I can help with edits on the pages related to vaporizers I own.

18. nopartofme

nopartofme Well-Known Member

I would like a Vaporpedia account, as I am somewhat familiar with wiki formatting and have found myself following an ever increasing number of threads hereā€¦ I may be able to help keep information up to date and perhaps assist with organization. I'd love to help make the wiki everything it could be.

DanAndroid, pakalolo and PB88123 like this.
  19. Roger D

Roger D Vapor Wizard

I would like an account to update the information about the MV, and I am also working on a publication about how cannabis can be a safe medicine with right control.

SSVUN~YAH, mlo4sho, Nbajunkie and 2 others like this.
  20. marvil701

marvil701 Member

21. VaporEyes

VaporEyes Vaporization Aficionado Accessory Maker

I would like an account to vaporpedia. I feel as if I may have some pertinent information :2c:.

Thank you, vtac, for creating my account. I'll use it to the best of my ability. :wave:

Nbajunkie likes this.
  22. THC SCIENTIFIC

THC SCIENTIFIC Black Gold Manufacturer

I would like an account so that i can update a few of our vaporizers.

23. vtac

Unfortunately we've had to disallow all commercial accounts to maintain Vaporpedia as a neutral source of information. I'd like to make an exception, however that would be unfair to everyone else.

smokum likes this.
  24. THC SCIENTIFIC

THC SCIENTIFIC Black Gold Manufacturer

Thats fine V not an issue. Is there anyone that can do it for me? I would like to provide the info for it to be posted it up on our line of products and update the links on the other ones.

25. Forrest.Gump

Forrest.Gump New Member

I would like an account so that i can update PAX site. I have foud out that you can turn off PAX by just putting it in charcher without mouth piece and takin it out.

I have disassebled PAX several times and can provide that information too.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors