Vaporizing with oil as the bong water?

ITNinja

Hi guys, Long time reader, First time poster.

This question has been racking my brain for a long while now, I have asked elsewhere and cant seem top get any decent answers, I regard this forum as a place with more thought out answers so....yea here I am.

So replacing the bong water with something like canola oil should infuse the oil with the vapor, Thus you shouldn't get high. I would then like to see if that is a viable method to infuse oil with THC. Currently the issue im having is 1) Im not sure if it's safe, I cant assume it can be. 2) I cant say for sure if you will still get baked or not, Due to the fact that the vapor is trapped in a bubble and breaks when it reaches the surface of the liquid.

So I am assuming either I still get high and the oil doesnt get infused at all. I might get a little high and the oil get's infused, Which I feel is the preferred result for this experiment. The other being you dont get high at all, yet the oil is infused well.

I believe the only way to test this safely would be to vaccum the bong so your not actually breathing through it. Unless someone can confirm that it should be safe, Im not a chemist I just study it for fun ;)

Thanks in advance guys

ITNinja,

lepstadder

just use a vape with an air pump

Force the vapor up through a glass condenser

the vapor will cool and collect on the sides in the form pure oil

better than iso or bho

much like rosin

lepstadder,
What are you guys talking about? :o I have an ion and this sounds particularly interesting. Why would the vapor just not filter through the oil the same way it would with water or any other kind of liquid. What oil could this be done with and how would you go about using it? Can it be revape?

biojuggernaut,

OO

Technical Skeptical
the oil will not absorb all of the actives, and you can then cook with the oil, but unless you vape a ton through it, it won't be very potent.

but, water tends to absorb very little of the actives, so why bother with oil that's hard to clean?

OO,

ITNinja

but, water tends to absorb very little of the actives, so why bother with oil that's hard to clean?

Water will not absorb actives as the actives are Oil/Alcohol soluble as opposed to water soluble.

i enjoy you scientific theory, but the thought of taking hits off a bong filled with cooking oil...

Trust me, Im with ya hahaha. It is very awkward indeed. I am pretty sure there is no real world application due to us having much easier extraction methods.

P.S. Speaking of Rosin it's one of the only thing's I cannot find a guide on how to make. Is it strain dependent or something, Like does it require FMCD or something?

ITNinja,

nr-cole

I think it would probably extract very little of what you're looking for. When you extract with cooking oil or butter it has to simmer for a sustained amount of time, I feel like the smoke would run through the oil and into your mouth.

Might be that's not true though, since the actives have been activated by the heat from your lighter and might infuse with the oil.

In any case, I don't think it can hurt to try. After all, it is just cooking oil. You ingest it all the time.

nr-cole,

luchiano

I don't think this would be safe because as you inhale you will be bringing oxygen and heat into the oil and this will degrade the oil fast and by the time you eat the oil it will probably degraded with a lot of toxic compounds in it.

Just letting the bud sit in the oil with some heat is different because you are bringing in nearly as much oxygen as you would have if you inhale through it. Remember oils LOVE to suck up oxygen and attach themselves to it.

luchiano,
Top Bottom