1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Vaporizing Tobacco (not e-cigs)

Discussion in 'Vaporizables' started by vtac, Apr 11, 2008.

1. MPZ

MPZ Well-Known Member

Lol I am about to finish a bag of Stokkebye's Amsterdam shag... but I actually smoked most of it :(

I can't speak for anyone else, but your post certainly helped me- you just 100% confirmed the solo as my next vape. Now, the backstory:

I basically quit smoking (10-15 cigs/day) last sunday, and have had ~ 1 cigarette per day each day from Sunday on... lol so this is the start of day 4 I guess. It's bizarre- just as bad as everyone says in some ways, far easier in others (for me at least). I am not really craving cigarettes or enjoying them anymore, but without nicotine my sleep is all messed up and I am tired a LOT.

Ok I need to focus... (sorry, still adjusting I guess) I had a point- which is that while I am glad I quit smoking (Tho I suppose I might have the occasional cigar), I never had any intention of quitting nicotine- it is waaay to helpful to my ADD for that. I miss it, but not the cigarettes lol. I would ideally like to use an E-cig because some of the flavors on those are super delicious... but I might not be able to due to sensitive allergeies. Thus, I need a vape that I can use for tobacco on the go. I thought the solo would be able to do this well for a number of reasons, and you just confirmed it for me.

Thanks!

(Now I just have to wait for my Cera to come back from Thermovape so I can sell it asap and get a Solo. I hate to do it, as the Cera is both my favorite and the best vape I have ever owned, but it has also taught me that I need a temperature control to get the results I want from vaping... herb and especially tobacco. Flavor on tobacco was incredible through it, but managing the temperature was a huge chore. Now that I have quit smoking, and need it to stick for my new job, which requires me to not smoke for 8 hours straight per workday basically, I need something rock-solid for tobacco, unless I find e-liquid that doesn't bother my allergies. Even in that case, I will be happier with a temperature control for herb as well)
  2. Pcpvapors

Pcpvapors Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience with vaporizing pipe tobacco?
  3. Ansel

Ansel the midnight rambler.

pipe tobacco often has a casing on it. for that reason i wouldn't vaporize it. and also the tobacco might not be air cured. there is the option of growing your own then you can be assured it was air cured. you could try vaping snus (or even using snus full time) as snus should always be air cured tobacco.
  4. Ansel

Ansel the midnight rambler.

has anyone tried vaping tobacco in a solo on the 1 setting which is about 40 degrees centigrade? May work, nowhere near combustion... may make it taste better...
  5. arf777

arf777 No longer dogless

Unfortunately, in the US a lot of suns aren't really snus, and it can be illegal to import real snus, depending on the state you're in. A bit fucked up.

I've been trying with non-aromatics, like balkan blends and Dunhill, for years (sighs for Balkan Sobranie) and have never gotten decent vapor production, even after drying the tobacco out and grinding it. But I haven't given up. You may have all sorts of different issues with the flavored crap, f that;s what you use.

I've had more luck with the Pinnacle Pro than any other portable, and they're what I've focused on - don;t want to contaminate any of my decent desktop units with tobacco. The PnP has a really tiny chamber though.
    nopartofme and Ansel like this.
  6. Vapin_In_Vancouver

Vapin_In_Vancouver New Member

As someone who quit a year ago after smoking for about 5, I tried a bit in my ascent the other night out of sheer curiosity. Much less harsh that smoking a cigarette. Having said that, I highly doubt I will ever do it again.
  7. blasto2236

blasto2236 Recently converted to the ways of vapelife

I'm surprised not to see any mention of the Ploom ModelTwo (or the Pax, for that matter) in this thread. The modelTwo I like a great deal. If it weren't for the cost of the pods I would likely ditch my e-cig completely and use only the modelTwo. However I use a full pack of 12 pods per day if not using the e-cig, and that's even more costly than cigarettes, never mind e-liquid.

I've not yet used tobacco in my Pax, but I have some Blend-X arriving tomorrow, which Ploom claims is ideal for use in the Pax. I'll report back after I've had a chance to try it tomorrow.
    Ansel and cawshook like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors