• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporizing Tobacco (not e-cigs)

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Anyone have experience vaporizing tobacco?

Most of us probably don't want to "contaminate" our vapes, but surely there are some cigarette smokers out there looking for a healthier alternative.

3serieSensi

I have made a few spliff bowls in my Vapolution. I just crafted a vapor pellet, and rolled it in a small amount of tobacco. Probably 90% or more is herb. Works like I intend, as a spice and welcome change from routine.

I am a big spliff fan, but I like a low amount of, if I can, organic, tobacco. Usually around 80% herb, makes for a real good burn. Joints are better in many cases however. and I guess around here, vapor wins :ninja:

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Surely a vaporgenie would have to be the best vaporizer for a ciggie smoker. Just coz it simulates smoking so well.

vaporcloud,

Purple-Days

I was a cig smoker for many years. :( I have stayed away from the stuff a long time. :)

But finally curiosity got this cat. A few months ago I bummed a Marlboro from the landlord. Yuk, Ugh, Ptwwew... That's from a former cig smoker. Had to go brush teeth and mouthwash. Very harsh and nasty.

A current tobacco user might feel a lot different.

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
Purple-Days said:
But finally curiosity got this cat. A few months ago I bummed a Marlboro from the landlord. Yuk, Ugh, Ptwwew... That's from a former cig smoker. Had to go brush teeth and mouthwash. Very harsh and nasty.
I know what you mean. Lucky for me that my primary memories of cigarettes are bad ones. And 'harsh and nasty' even applies to smoking herb for me.

tokinGLX

one of the times i went down to the ssv factory, steve told me that one of the employees had been vaporizing tobacco for a couple weeks.

he said that it is HIGHLY recommended to use the flavored tobacco, and said that the heat has to be turned up a notch or two(thus, faster inhalation is needed to keep the herb from combusting), but it does work. haha, he also said to use a different wand, so as to not contaminate the weed wand.
(':

ive never smoked a cig in my life, the things disgusted me as a child and that feeling stayed with me up until this day, so i will never try it myself.

Purple-Days

One puff was enough for me, I didn't try to even take a full inhale, couldn't. So I'm not sure about the amount of nicotine delivered, but by the volume and density of the vapor I gotta firgure it would do the trick.

Folks who have read about our system may know that it was originally designed ( in 1979) to deliver nicotine to a cigar smoker. Just so happens it made pretty good herbal vapor too. Haha.

Flavored tobacco? Do you mean like pipe tobacco, tokinGLX. Borkum Riff or some cherry sweetened stuff might appeal. Only thing I tried was a cowboy killer. Nasty. At least the pipe tobacco wouldn't have all the crap thats added to cigarettes, would it?

Oh, and my tobacco tube went straight away into an overnight alcohol soak. At least having three tubes you could dedicate one to tobacco. (Like we keep an extra for visitors, the "red seat". :p )

Vaporizing tobacco has got to be better in the end, but like we say on our site,

Tobacco
is a known
carcinogen.
~We do not advocate it's use in any way or form.
~We make no claim that vaporized tobacco is healthier in any way.
~Please use the Purple-Days Diffuser to help in your efforts to quit using tobacco.

Tobacco sucks. :2c:

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
The tobacco industry is among the most despicable. Far too many people have died.

Not sure what type of tobacco would be the "best" for vaporizing, you would think it'd be a little safer than smoking the stuff in any case. Organic would have to be better than the polonium laced shit they serve up in mainstream cigarettes.

Vaporizing seems like it would deliver the nicotine. But obviously there's a lot more than that at play, and in the end I think it's the desire to quit that is missing.

:disgust:

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
From what I've read there are about 600 additives to cigarettes. I'd say smoking untreated tobacco would have to be less harmful than cigarettes, and of course vapor is always better than smoke.

max,

Purple-Days

"it's the desire to quit that is missing." , says vtac. Right you are !

Mom was in a hospital bed dying of cancer and asked me to quit. I couldn't have had a stronger motivation. But, it still took the patch to break the addiction, for me. It's a very strongly addictive substance. Maybe the worst. So, I guess don't fault those that can't quit, too much. Those who don't want to, are ignorant.

Purple-Days,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Success story via email:

Thanks for posting this about my method of tobacco vaporization. I have recently lowered the vape temperature to 340F. I have limited the amount of actual cigarettes to about a pack a week. If anyone has any experiences let me know. I feel like the only person in the world doing this!
:tup:

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Thats a great email vtac. Yeah I cant understand why ciggie smokers dont get more into vapping. I mean, if they gave a free VG with say a 6 months supply of nicotine patches you might see a huge reduction in smoking related deaths.

I dunno, I smoked a little when I was younger, and use to mix tabacco with my green when I lived in Australia for a few years. Thats a big no no here in NZ (mixing tab with herb) and I have never felt the urge to smoke ciggies regularly so never bothered. Use to have a partner who always lit up after sex and so I'd so the same and it was foul. Use to make my head spin so when my wife did that the first time we slept together I took the cigie off her and gave her a joint instead. She hasn't smoked tobacco since. :brow:

vaporcloud,
Reactions: paehtod

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I smoked for 6 years when I was a kid and 95% of my old friends still smoke, so it's great to hear stories like that.

I'm sure vaping would be a great quitting aid, but again, most of the smokers don't have the desire to quit. :\

I took the cigie off her and gave her a joint instead. She hasn't smoked tobacco since.
Nice upgrade. ;)

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
vapor_cloud said:
Thats a great email vtac. Yeah I cant understand why ciggie smokers dont get more into vapping. I mean, if they gave a free VG with say a 6 months supply of nicotine patches you might see a huge reduction in smoking related deaths.

I dunno, I smoked a little when I was younger, and use to mix tabacco with my green when I lived in Australia for a few years. Thats a big no no here in NZ (mixing tab with herb) and I have never felt the urge to smoke ciggies regularly so never bothered. Use to have a partner who always lit up after sex and so I'd so the same and it was foul. Use to make my head spin so when my wife did that the first time we slept together I took the cigie off her and gave her a joint instead. She hasn't smoked tobacco since. :brow:
That's a great story!

Why is mixing tab with herb a nono in NZ?

stickstones,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I dunno slickstones ... its just something that we never do unlike our cousins. Maybe its due to our plentiful supply we see no need to make our herb go further by mixing it with tab. Could be that it makes it taste like shit as well. I mean why taint the taste of lovely bud with an evil tobacco taste and foul headspin. No thanks.

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
Yeah, I've heard it's popular in Britain to smoke herb with tobacco. I've never understood the attraction.

max,

ozwiz

owner Vaporiser World NOW live Australia
max said:
Yeah, I've heard it's popular in Britain to smoke herb with tobacco. I've never understood the attraction.
A lot of people down under smoke herb with tobacco I would estimate 90% of my mates do . Mainly because the good bud is so expensive :mad: their thinking is to try & stretch it out a bit . Not sure if I agree though .:disgust: All said & done whatever mix of herb your using I think we all agree vaping is the ants pants.:cool: Our anzac mates don't have the supply & price probs that sometimes haunt tokers in Australia .:o

ozwiz,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
In Holland most of the people I saw mixed tobacco in their spliffs. Admittedly, the Drum light shag was nice compared to the crap in marlboros, and yeah, I've done it before. When you smoke cigarettes, it doesn't seem as vile. :disgust:

Never again!

:leaf::bigleaf::leaf:

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
I quit smoking cigs 12 years ago and now any kind of smoke is vile to me. Certainly if I were ever curious enough to try the tobacco/herb combo I'd go to my local tobacco shop and get some 'organic' product (or as close as they had). I think about all the chemicals US companies have added to cigs over the years-it's no wonder they cause cancer. You'd get cancer even if tobacco were safe. :/

max,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
I'M thinking i have too add here,27 yrs of pot and tabacca smoking together as well as 30-40 cigs aday most of that time( the occassional abstinence of ciggies 4 several mths) lately i had been smoking the "bush" or illegal tabacco,& allways found the habit easier to drop when on this stuff,anyway to the point,After 2-3 days with the Extreme,I "tasted" my chemical free baccy in the E & felt a rather noticeble buzz, not the same as MJ naturally,but a heavy buzz nonethe less & an Ok taste, then i tried a Longbeach cigarette and Woah what foul shit it Tasted like, Then I made the concience decision I would not partake in Tabacco again, & a month later nothing has or will change that. I believe I tasted the chemicals in Mums Ciggie and i didnt like it and iv'e had fuck all "cravings" mind over matter people, I'm more sure of that shit now, educate yourself is my advice if any ones interested:cool:

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
max said:
Congrats :tup: It's a tough habit to break.
It is if you think it is :brow:

My feeling, it's more a behaviour thing, It may be the Cannabis 4 me but i'm having no real craving's to speak of, 4 me I simply made an assessment of taste, thought about it briefly then made an informed decision.

I'm understanding the whole knowledge is power thing more objectively now

Cannabudz,

max

Out to lunch
I had no trouble quitting the first time. Turned out it was too easy. Didn't give me the proper respect for the evil weed, and I only lasted two years. The final time, 20 years later, different story-much harder. Nicotine is definitely addictive, but some have more trouble kicking it than others. Even after the first month, which is long enough to get over the physical draw, the mental/emotional attraction can last a long time. I think the success rate for people trying to quit on their own the first time is like 5%.

max,
Top Bottom