Vaporizing Stems

SmokingElectricity

Been out of buds for a few days and the anxiety was kicking my ass... desperate times call for desperate measures.

I had a jar full of stems so I thought i'd try something. I put the stems [well dried out] in the food processor and chopped them down into particles, loaded some into my DBV...

Works pretty good. :D

I'm sure it's just whatever trichomes are stuck to the outside of the stem that's giving the effects. I know this might sound grimey to some... but it's definitely better than lets say scraping a bowl and smoking res. :rolleyes:

Anyone else have success vaping stems?

sessnet

Noob Saibot
That's awesome!

I wonder if there are any trichomes to be seen under a microscope.

I just got a cheap 200X microscope, and I might be able to check, I get a new batch in a couple of hours. :)

sessnet,

weedemon

enthusiast
yeah it will work, busting them up to that degree isn't needed though bud, jsut snap the stems into pebble size pieces and it will work :) the trichs are on the outside of the stems. :)

personally, stem dust bothers me.

weedemon,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
So i took a look in my cheap-o 200X magnifier. It's really hard to see anything more than a single trichome at a time, thinking of getting another.

However, it looked like the stems are populated with trichomes - you can basically see them - they look like little hairs. I always thought hat was hairs but from the transparency and shininess they do look like trichomes!

Thanks for the tip! Now I am saving my stems in a separate bag :)

sessnet,
Reactions: KeroZen

weedemon

enthusiast
yep i hav a jar of stems and shake, a jar of abv, and then my jars of goodies :p

stems and shake i save for edibles, abv turns into oil. :)

weedemon,

onigiri1692

If I were you I would just get some dry ice and make some dry ice kief with the stems, perfect, simple, fast way to separate all those lovely tricomes from the stems.

onigiri1692,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Sounds interesting. Im all about reclaim so i need to start saving my stems. Ive noticed the hairs on them, but never thougt it was enough for any reclaim. Dry ice kief sounds interesting. Imust give it a try

YoGranMazPimp,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Not the first time I heard someone mention dry ice. I've never seen that selling anywhere - can you make it yourself, or have to buy it?

What happens if you put dry ice into a bong? :o

sessnet,

hogleg

its sold at grocery stores and its carbon dioxide so probably not a good idea in the bong

hogleg,

djonkoman

some poisondartfrofkee[ers also use it if they got a pest in their tanks, you get all the frogs out, make sure the tank is airtight, leave a little roo maybe to prevent overpressure and throw in some dry ice, sublimates into CO2-gas and kills everything alive in it if you let it sit for a few days, and your tank is clean from the pest while you don't have to tear it apart(those tanks are usualy beautifully made wth plants etc), and the plants just get a little boost from it
it's also used in smokemachines
you coul try asking at labs too
and in greemhousegrowing of crops it's also used in a similar way as described above against pestsI recently read somewhere

rom what I heard if you buy it from a suplier you usually only can get larger quantities(25 liter or so), but if you ask at businesses that use it themselves you could get a smaller amount
I've never seen it at grocerie stores tough

djonkoman,

onigiri1692

You can find dry ice in just about any city if you look hard enough, it is easier to find in some places then others. I have seen dry ice at grocery stores, Walmart type stores, you name it, you just have to remember that suppliers are spotty and not every Walmart or grocery store will have it.

I recommend you call around to see if you can find some at a grocery store or Walmart, because they usually sell smaller quantities albiet at a higher price. You can also check the website at the bottom of the post, it will help you find a dry ice supplier in your area. Just remember there is sometimes a minimum purchase at these types of places, so be prepared to buy 20 lbs worth, although at about a $1 a pound this should not be a big deal...it is just too bad you can't really store dry ice for to long before it sublimates and disappears.

Website to find dry ice supplier: http://www.dryicedirectory.com/

onigiri1692,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
$1 a pound..... I WISH, lol...

If your in Ontario, Canada, it's only available at Praxair, and $60 for 3kg I believe.

smokum,

onigiri1692

$1 a pound..... I WISH, lol...

If your in Ontario, Canada, it's only available at Praxair, and $60 for 3kg I believe.
I am sorry to hear that Canada, remember that website I posted is only a guide, it is not definitive. Just thought of another place you can find dry ice, Ice Cream Shops, a lot of those places have dry ice to allow you to transport their product distances and the times I have seen it, is has not been very expensive.

onigiri1692,
Top Bottom