Vaporizing in a Dorm/Apartment without getting caught!

Status
Not open for further replies.

max

Out to lunch
I think that it is safe to leave a window open and I think it helps to replenish fresh air quicker into a vape room faster than if the window was closed.

Also a BIG tip that I can suggest is hold the vapor in as long as possible. You will basically absorb as much as possible and when you exhale it wont smell as badly as if you just took a huge quick hit and blown it all out. I do this every time and as I said I have had no needs to "sploof" anymore.
IMO the easiest and best solutions. I know a woman who's hooked on e-cigs (the traditional nicotine type) . She has one hanging around her neck in a pouch, ready to hit, anytime she's not in bed or the shower. She'll take a drag anywhere, evan in public school classrooms. But in locations like that, where someone may see a vapor exhale and question her about it, she just takes a drag small enough so that she can hold it long enough to eliminate any visible vapor on exhale. For really good odor elimination, holding your hit even longer may be advisable, but there's no question that small, manageable hits are the best way to go.

Jdog

Looks like you are all set, that ozium stuff is really great, a little goes a long way. I have definitely drowned myself in that smell before, it's intense

Jdog,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Side note on mouth smell...
I've been "caught" having breath smelling like, quote "pure THC" after taking a big high temperature vapor rip, so its not impossible.

Definitely not as strong as your breath after a joint, but a big vapor rip can be plenty smelly.

X2

My wife can smell it after I vape if we kiss are speaking close to each other. Particularly after my night time high temp hits as SD noted. But my garage where I vape smells fine haha

Puffers,

BigBurlyBill

Burly Member
Yea. I think I'm pretty good with all of the advice. The main problem will be the stash itself, as well as my breath afterwards. Usually when I get a good buzz, I'll go and brush my teeth. Not sure why, but this happens a lot. lol

Also, has anyone seen this type of glass container? I'm thinking of purchasing these more for aesthetics, but I'm thinking that a mason jar might be more smell proof due to this one having a screw on "plastic" lid.

bss9.jpg

BigBurlyBill,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Unless it has some sort of gasket I would skip it, although the tinting is good. Even in a medicine bottle my meds kinds dry out so I only use em for short term storage. :2c:

Puffers,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Yea. I think I'm pretty good with all of the advice. The main problem will be the stash itself, as well as my breath afterwards. Usually when I get a good buzz, I'll go and brush my teeth. Not sure why, but this happens a lot. lol

Also, has anyone seen this type of glass container? I'm thinking of purchasing these more for aesthetics, but I'm thinking that a mason jar might be more smell proof due to this one having a screw on "plastic" lid.

bss9.jpg

Checkout this place for some jars:

http://www.specialtybottle.com/glassjars-2.aspx

Elluzion,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Lol. This was actually the site that I was looking at. The blue glass jars caught my eye, but I wasn't sure of the lid for them. They do offer small mason jars, so I might go with them. I was just wondering if one should be preferred over the other. Sadly, the mason jars do not come in such a color. =(

Well I think in terms of the color, the only advantage of the blue or amber is that it filters out some light so it may help your herbs stay fresh longer,, but I still think air tight is the more important factor

Elluzion,

BigBurlyBill

Burly Member
Well I think in terms of the color, the only advantage of the blue or amber is that it filters out some light so it may help your herbs stay fresh longer,, but I still think air tight is the more important factor

You're right. After some searching on the forums, I've uncovered the CVault. I'll probably look more into this as it is airtight, humidifying, lightproof, and relatively cheap (taking into consideration the benefits that you receive). :)

BigBurlyBill,

SD_haze

You're right. After some searching on the forums, I've uncovered the CVault. I'll probably look more into this as it is airtight, humidifying, lightproof, and relatively cheap (taking into consideration the benefits that you receive). :)
Cvault is amazingly smell proof :tup:
I'd get a small, at the very least.

I have various glass jars but my private reserve is in my cvault

SD_haze,

djonkoman

I use glass jars, thought they were called mason jars in english but now at that site they call them 'swingtop bale jars', and I just keep them in a dark place(in a cardboard box)

djonkoman,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
My wife hates the smell, though she doesn't have issue with my MMJ. The only thing she ever smells (and trust me... she has a freakishly sensitive sense of smell).

If I've just blown a cloud of vapor and she walks in... she smells it. Otherwise, the only thing she ever smells, is the bud itself.

BigDaddyVapor,

BigBurlyBill

Burly Member
Yea that's what I've been growing to realize. The vapor doesn't smell for too long. I'll be getting my first vaporizer next week, so I'll finally get to test out the smell et cetera for myself.

Cvault is amazingly smell proof :tup:
I'd get a small, at the very least.

I'm glad that you think that. I'm conflicted on which size to get. I know that I won't need more than a medium because the medium can hold up to an ounce. However, the small can hold up to a 1/2 ounce.. I'll probably end up buying the medium since it's only two dollars more. Plus vapeworld has a 10% off coupon (CoralReefer) that I can use to get it for $18. =)

BigBurlyBill,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
My wife hates the smell, though she doesn't have issue with my MMJ. The only thing she ever smells (and trust me... she has a freakishly sensitive sense of smell).

If I've just blown a cloud of vapor and she walks in... she smells it. Otherwise, the only thing she ever smells, is the bud itself.

Your wife sounds suspiciously like mine......lol

I got a great strain the other week (strawberries and cream mmmmm tasty) and when I brought it home in the car it rode in my lunch box. From there as soon as I walked in the door I took and put it in the garage emptied my lunch box and set it on top of my fridge. Wifey walks in to the house from the backyard and from the other side of the house I hear "Why the fuck does my entire house reek like weed!?!" hehe she had to clorox wipe my lunch box twice.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I'm conflicted on which size to get. I know that I won't need more than a medium because the medium can hold up to an ounce.

IMO your best bet is to buy multiple sizes. When your stash starts getting low, switch to a smaller size jar to prevent all the extra air from drying your blend.

I'd also pick up a really small jar to keep a days/weeks worth's of goods (maybe even pre-grinded) in so your not constantly opening and shutting your big jars.

:o Ever since I've switched from bags to jars I've had a things for nice glass. Thanks for the link.

Tweak,
Reactions: Elluzion

BigBurlyBill

Burly Member
IMO your best bet is to buy multiple sizes. When your stash starts getting low, switch to a smaller size jar to prevent all the extra air from drying your blend.

I mostly just buy an 1/8 every time. My last 1/8 was bought October 2011. It just ran out a few weeks ago. I don't consume much herb because I do not get migraines very often anymore. If I start consuming more then this, I'll probably buy a medium size case. =P

Edit: Also I like the idea of multiple cases. I'll probably just be getting a small glass jar for abv and then have one more for grinded herb.

BigBurlyBill,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
I'd say a window fan exhausting outside would work wonders. I used to do that in college and smoke blunts right by the fan. All the smoke would be exhausted outside and my room wouldn't smell one bit. Of course anyone outside is definitely going to get a whiff, especially if your on the 1st floor.

This is what I used
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Holmes-Dual...532?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0334b48c

This. I also used to use cannabis in my dorm room for the past two years and this helped out a lot. If you don't have a fan exhausting air out the window then the smell gets pushed under the door.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

SD_haze

I mostly just buy an 1/8 every time. My last 1/8 was bought October 2011. It just ran out a few weeks ago. I don't consume much herb because I do not get migraines very often anymore. If I start consuming more then this, I'll probably buy a medium size case. =P

Edit: Also I like the idea of multiple cases. I'll probably just be getting a small glass jar for abv and then have one more for grinded herb.
If you're storing just an 8th, I'd say the medium cvault is too big and the small would be perfect. Too much empty airspace in the container affects the storing capabilities even with a humidipack.

SD_haze,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom