Vaporizing in a Dorm/Apartment without getting caught!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBurlyBill

Burly Member
Hey guys,

In August I will be moving into a dorm for college. It will be a full Apartment Complex that is run by the school. I will have my own room, closet, window etc. I decided to do this for convenience with school. The problem is that I enjoy marijuana. I have mainly combusted so far. I'm hoping to obtain a vaporizer and end my combustion stage. Basically, I've already done a lot of research to avoid being caught. I have three main things to help with smell control.

1. Vaporizing - We know that vaporizing can have less smell and less lingering time compared to combustion. For this I will be purchasing an underdog log vaporizer. I think that it will be the best option due to its aromatherapy capabilities; I can use this as a cover. The stem will be the only item that gets "dirty", so I can clean that easily and quickly.

2. Activated Carbon Sploof - This will be used to blow vapor into after each hit. The carbon will absorb the smell and I will possibly put in dryer sheets to add to the absorption. I'm thinking about creating the sploof that is mentioned in post #89 on this forum.
http://forum.grasscity.com/diy-homemade/319821-easiest-homemade-activated-carbon-sploof-6.html

3. Ozium - I have heard this is the best air freshener because it will eliminate odors, smoke, etc. It's highly effective and highly recommended by most people that know of it. This will be used to take care of any extra smell that might escape my detection.

Overall, I think this would be all that I would need, but I rarely smoke. I try to be thorough and precise. I also am slightly paranoid about getting caught. I've never dealt with the police before, and I hope to avoid dealing with them this year as well. lol

What do you more experienced users have to say about this? Should I do more things, or will this be enough? My apartment will be on the 6th floor as well. Thanks for your help.

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
^

1. You are correct. A log vaporizer would be the "stealthiest" choice in terms of smell and looks for a hard hitting desktop vape. It is also great because it can pass off as a hand warmer or an aromatherapy device. I have found these type of vaporizers to be the most rewarding in terms of reliability, efficiency, hits, etc. They are simply amaazing.

2. Great idea on the sploof! If you want an easy version use toilet paper rolls and dryer sheets! works very well.(of course the chemicals are the downfall)

3. I don't think the Ozium is necessary if you are taking precautions. Here is the deal, the biggest "smell" in your room is going to come from the smell of fresh herbs or herb handlings. Just keep those to a minimum and you will be fine. The combo of the filter + a log vape + aromatherapy burning is all you need.

You would be surprised by how quickly vapor dissapates. I have to keep the smell of mj down in my room and all I do is ape in the open and blow it out and just put a copper cup on my log vape for the oils. The smell masks it up and with the log you can't smell the mj. it is great!

ALSO! I have found something to work VERY well. If you don't want to use a sploof or worry about Ozium, just take your vape and a light and go under your covers and take hits under there. Go up for air when you need it. This will keep the vapor and smell in a controlled area. A thicker comforter works best. I have successfully used this method for stealth purposes in a room.

BigBurlyBill

Burly Member
Thanks for the reassurance on 1 and 2. The Ozium is more of a "just in case" item. This is used for the excess vapor that might escape from my mouth or the stem. I do like the comforter idea though. I had never thought of that. However, I'm very paranoid, so I'll probably stick to the sploof.

Yea the herb smelling is possibly the most important thing to fix. I've had it in a thermos for the time being, but that hasn't been too successful. I will be switching to a mason jar soon. I've noticed that just pulling out my stash will get my current room to reek for a bit.

Should I leave a window open? I've heard of people doing this, but then someone else had their window open on the same floor. This led to the person being caught. I'd hate to have that happen. Is it more beneficial for a window to remain open?

BigBurlyBill,
Reactions: Elluzion

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Thanks for the reassurance on 1 and 2. The Ozium is more of a "just in case" item. This is used for the excess vapor that might escape from my mouth or the stem. I do like the comforter idea though. I had never thought of that. However, I'm very paranoid, so I'll probably stick to the sploof.

Yea the herb smelling is possibly the most important thing to fix. I've had it in a thermos for the time being, but that hasn't been too successful. I will be switching to a mason jar soon. I've noticed that just pulling out my stash will get my current room to reek for a bit.

Should I leave a window open? I've heard of people doing this, but then someone else had their window open on the same floor. This led to the person being caught. I'd hate to have that happen. Is it more beneficial for a window to remain open?

I think that it is safe to leave a window open and I think it helps to replenish fresh air quicker into a vape room faster than if the window was closed.

Also a BIG tip that I can suggest is hold the vapor in as long as possible. You will basically absorb as much as possible and when you exhale it wont smell as badly as if you just took a huge quick hit and blown it all out. I do this every time and as I said I have had no needs to "sploof" anymore.

BigBurlyBill

Burly Member
Alright thanks. I don't need much to get me in a medicated state, so with your tips, and my plans, I think I should be fine. I already try to hold it in as long as possible. ;)

Does anyone else have tips or advice to share? =)

BigBurlyBill,

SD_haze

Its great to diffuse some essential oil prior to starting a sesh, with a window open all throughout as well. I'd probably avoid getting a oil that smells kind of like weed (sage comes to mind). Cinnamons always nice

If you pre-grind 1-2 days ahead of time and keep it in a separate air-tight jar, that can also drastically reduce the smell of a sesh.

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Alright thanks. I don't need much to get me in a medicated state, so with your tips, and my plans, I think I should be fine. I already try to hold it in as long as possible. ;)

Does anyone else have tips or advice to share? =)

like haze said, the only thing i'd recommend if having pre-ground herbs in an airtight glass container.

ALSO after a vape session is done, instead of letting the ABV sit out and reek, put it into a separate airtight container to save for late nights or edibles. This is also nice because next time you have a session you don't have to clean out your stuff. Just load some fresh herbs and blast off! :)

Elluzion,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I was literally thinking the same thing as I scrolled down ;) About to grind up the rest of my Lavender and put it in a little container so I can just tip the goodies into my trench as needed :science:

Edit: Totally forgot to stay on topic... I blame the NYC SD! OP, you've got it down right. You can maybe light a candle? Bath & Body Works has a "Lemon Mint Leaf" candle that smells like lemons, which should be good to cover any smells. Everyone recognizes lemon!

Quetzalcoatl,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
ALSO! I have found something to work VERY well. If you don't want to use a sploof or worry about Ozium, just take your vape and a light and go under your covers and take hits under there. Go up for air when you need it. This will keep the vapor and smell in a controlled area. A thicker comforter works best. I have successfully used this method for stealth purposes in a room.
I wouldn't recommend this! If you do it many times, your sheet will start smelling like mj. Not like smoke, but like mj. A lot. Really, with vapes there is only a little worrying about the smell. For me, opening the window (or two of them - that is powerful) clears any vapor smell in minutes. You can try to recycle the vapor by blowing it into a bag and sucking it back few times. Not only it will make you way higher (vapor takes loong time to absorb) but also a lot of smell will go into you, so it doesn' even make it into the room. Also it's so powerful, that you can use even less herbs when you recycle, making even less smell in the first place (and conserving the herb even more than logs are able to).

If you go recycling route, change your bags for recycling regularly. I think they will get resin condensation, moisture and finally some bacterial growth after some uses.

Seek,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I used to use Ozium years ago when I combusted. For me it never really eliminated the smell but would cover it up for a few minutes.

I'd suggest one of these:
ONA-Gel-jug-400.jpg

Or you can make a DIY kind of air freshener with a bucket, some computer fans, a 12V AC adapter, some Water Gel Crystals, and a bit of essential oils.

Tweak,

quentin123

I'm not sure if this is available to you but I have had my friends come into my room literally seconds after finishing a large wand-full of pollen (Moroccan blonde hash) and it literally does not smell. They did not notice, even after I asked them about it.

quentin123,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Omicron with Puregold is totally stealth. No mj smell at all. None!!!!!!!!

If u live in Cali that is.....

ru_frothi,

BigBurlyBill

Burly Member
Its great to diffuse some essential oil prior to starting a sesh, with a window open all throughout as well. I'd probably avoid getting a oil that smells kind of like weed (sage comes to mind). Cinnamons always nice

If you pre-grind 1-2 days ahead of time and keep it in a separate air-tight jar, that can also drastically reduce the smell of a sesh.

Great tip. The only thing is that I don't know when I'm going to smoke. I usually do when I get a migraine, but sometimes it's on the spur of the moment. lol I'll probably get a vanilla extract for the diffuser.

I wouldn't recommend this! If you do it many times, your sheet will start smelling like mj. Not like smoke, but like mj. A lot. Really, with vapes there is only a little worrying about the smell. For me, opening the window (or two of them - that is powerful) clears any vapor smell in minutes. You can try to recycle the vapor by blowing it into a bag and sucking it back few times. Not only it will make you way higher (vapor takes loong time to absorb) but also a lot of smell will go into you, so it doesn' even make it into the room. Also it's so powerful, that you can use even less herbs when you recycle, making even less smell in the first place (and conserving the herb even more than logs are able to).

If you go recycling route, change your bags for recycling regularly. I think they will get resin condensation, moisture and finally some bacterial growth after some uses.

The recycling route is good. A friend and I did this with a condom that we washed out, this was a few years ago, and it worked like a charm. lol However, when this is used, I believe you would be inhaling a mass amount of carbon dioxide. I'm not sure if that is bad or not; it's possibly bad.

I'd suggest one of these:

Would I just leave the lid open on the container? I'm not sure what this is exactly.

BigBurlyBill,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Would I just leave the lid open on the container? I'm not sure what this is exactly.

You could just leave the lid open when the odor is present or use the Ona Breeze or the Ona Odor Stop.

A bit of info from there sight:

ONA PRO Gel is as close to odorless as we have ever come. Although it has a slight scent when sniffed in the container, the final result when working on powerful, noxious odors is simply a clean, fresh smell - period.
It leaves nothing behind to indicate that any odors were present. Nothing! Nada! Zilch! ONA PRO Gel is the best we've ever done, and it is all you will ever need. No scrubbers, no filters, nothing - just ONA PRO.

Money Back Guarantee
We are so confident in our product that we offer a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with the results. We have tested ONA PRO in the most odorous conditions and have found that it performs remarkably every time.

Tweak,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The recycling route is good. A friend and I did this with a condom that we washed out, this was a few years ago, and it worked like a charm. lol However, when this is used, I believe you would be inhaling a mass amount of carbon dioxide. I'm not sure if that is bad or not; it's possibly bad.

It's not. In normal indoor air, CO2 is around 600 parts per million, or .06%. At 1% (that's about 16 times as concentrated) prolonged exposure will make some people feel a bit drowsy. At 5%, or 80 times normal room concentration, most people will start to feel dizzy or get a headache after a few minutes of exposure. The treatment? Breathe regular air, unless you've been exposed a really long time or to a much higher concentration.

In other words, the difference in CO2 content between a bag with no exhales in it and one with three or four lungfuls exhaled into it are probably too small to be quantified. Not to mention that you most likely are breathing normal air between hits off the bag, which would more than compensate for any effects of the miniscule increase in CO2 from a bag you've exhaled into. The increase in concentration of CO2 is insignificant in health terms.*

As mentioned above, the real problem is the odour from your stash, not from vaporizing.

*Taken from a long-forgotten post I once made in another thread.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
It's not. In normal indoor air, CO2 is around 600 parts per million, or .06%. At 1% (that's about 16 times as concentrated) prolonged exposure will make some people feel a bit drowsy. At 5%, or 80 times normal room concentration, most people will start to feel dizzy or get a headache after a few minutes of exposure. The treatment? Breathe regular air, unless you've been exposed a really long time or to a much higher concentration.
#thankyoubasedpakalolo

The only time I really ever "recommend" ballooning anything you inhale is for nitrous, and even then just do it once and get some fresh air after every balloon.

Quetzalcoatl,

BigBurlyBill

Burly Member
In other words, the difference in CO2 content between a bag with no exhales in it and one with three or four lungfuls exhaled into it are probably too small to be quantified. Not to mention that you most likely are breathing normal air between hits off the bag, which would more than compensate for any effects of the miniscule increase in CO2 from a bag you've exhaled into. The increase in concentration of CO2 is insignificant in health terms.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Well if it won't hurt, then I'll definitely try this out. It will definitely help the smell situation. I'll possibly try ghosting, and other methods to get the most out of my herb as well.

I do have another question to ask though. Someone recommended the smoke buddy should be used. In your opinions, do you think that the carbon sploof would be better or worse then the Smoke Buddy?

BigBurlyBill,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
If you're asking opinions, and keep in mind that I have tried neither, then my opinion is that either would suffice because I think you're over-sensitive to the problem. Vapour doesn't carry as far or smell as much as smoke, and as I said already, the real odour problem is with your stash.

Also, always keep in mind that you're asking a bunch of stoners for opinions.

weedemon

enthusiast
I used tube tech to blow my tokes out hte window, and i would do the same with my vapor exhales as well if i still lived in that kind of circumstance. vapor is the way to go. and block off the bottom of your door so that there is not airflow. airflow is your enemy when you want to direct a toke out of your room! somehting even better than the tube tech is a window fan! install that and you are golden! :)

weedemon,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Conceal all your stuff in glass, fresh weed, avb, and like already said, grind 1/2 days of weed and put it in glass. The most smells comes when your grind your stuff
The vapors can smell more or less, depending on your stuff and the vaporizer model

Also keep your vape clean. You can keep the windows open, its not like a smoke smell at all, it's easy to deny when you almost got caught. Always deny. The smell is very light you don't have to worry that much. Your mouth don't stink, your fingers neither, you are clean for most.

Keep all your stuff concealed and you should roll. Air regularly is all you have to do. A bit of essential oils can help you make the perfect crime ;)

BigBurlyBill

Burly Member
I was actually going to get a mason jar or one of the suction glass jars. I'm not sure on which I will get as of yet. Thank you your helpful tips. I believe I've learned more than I expected from this thread. I'll try to grind ahead of time and keep my stuff ready for whenever I need it. I'm living in an apartment at the moment, so I might test it out here to see how things go with the vape and other things. ;D

BigBurlyBill,

SD_haze

Conceal all your stuff in glass, fresh weed, avb, and like already said, grind 1/2 days of weed and put it in glass. The most smells comes when your grind your stuff
The vapors can smell more or less, depending on your stuff and the vaporizer model

Also keep your vape clean. You can keep the windows open, its not like a smoke smell at all, it's easy to deny when you almost got caught. Always deny. The smell is very light you don't have to worry that much. Your mouth don't stink, your fingers neither, you are clean for most.

Keep all your stuff concealed and you should roll. Air regularly is all you have to do. A bit of essential oils can help you make the perfect crime ;)

Side note on mouth smell...
I've been "caught" having breath smelling like, quote "pure THC" after taking a big high temperature vapor rip, so its not impossible.

Definitely not as strong as your breath after a joint, but a big vapor rip can be plenty smelly.

SD_haze,
Reactions: Puffers

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
I agree with everyone else about airtight jars for everything. I live in an apt on the first floor, everyone in the building has to walk by my door. I don't think Ozium is very stealth, it smells awful and makes it obvious that you are trying to cover up something, i use a pure citrus spray http://citrusmagic.beaumontproducts.com/ A few sprays by the door and no one is the wiser. My neighbor down the hall combusts and that's the first thing you smell when you walk in the building. :lol:

VaporsVaporizer,

oneiros.

long lost dreamer
You could use a smoke buddy to blow the vapor on it. Works like a charm.

I've realized that vapor is one of those smells that some people notice, and some people not. One time I was vaping on my room with a friend that doesn't smoke, and she didn't noticed any smell. While other people have noticed the essence from far away, or even from other room.

One thing to keep in mind is how the air flows in the room. If there is only one window, when a current enters, what'a already inside would most likely go throught the door or any other opening inside, while having two windows will create a good airflow because the air enters from one window and exits on the other :p

I also always light up and incense or diffuse some oils everyday even if I don't vape, so now it kind of have a trademark non-weed smell.

oneiros.,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom