Vaporizing Hash

Raf007

Retailer
Ok, thx a lot for all that info.
You're totallyright about anything that melts, at least with the regular screens provided with those vapes (vcano included of course).

So it's really between the Q.ION/SSV.DBV

So an SSV works with a melting hash? and a Q also ?

Coz sometimes we do have something like that.

Hash in France is exactly as you remind it :D Hash in a generic term seems correct, like weed is. No ?
And apart the bubble hash, all the other hashs are created with the almost same method.
The same as yours actually, but they lighlty preheat and heavily pressed the kieff that has been more or less screened
Then, they cut it ! These bastards......

Vrip and Herborizer out of the equation too for my friends... alas

Raf007,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
Raf007 said:
At first I was directing him toward either a Q or DBV/SSV, but even if I never tried one of these I feel like the Q is a better investment for a vapor newbie. Isn't it ?
It very well might be. I don't have a Q yet in my collection so can't speak for it. It will probably be next in line. I'm debating with myself whether to get a HerbalAire or the EQ. I wouldn't recommend the DBV though. The horizontal angle makes its hard to use with hash. Sure you can hold it in your hands but the SSV is better suited since the heater angle is at a downward angle.

Raf007 said:
About the VG, If you don't consider putting an under layer of weed/abv, the sreen is gonna be a pain in the ass to clean, and you'll have to wait for the bowl to cool down totally to do another bowl because as long it's hot you hash is going to melt in the screen when being removed.
When vaping hash I usually don't bother with the herb layer, that's more of a kief thing. Sure the screen might get clogged up faster but I just bought like 100 of them on ebay for 5$ so i'm pretty liberal at changing them. I don't bother cleaning them I just chuck them out.

I usually break the hash (pressed, not bubble) into little balls , stick that in the bowl and take a few hits. This usually cause me to zone out and by the time I want to hit the VG again the screen and hash as cooled down enough that I can empty the bowl in my hand , crush the hash and take a few more hits. I repeat this until the taste is gone and I usually dump the rest in with the abv. Granted this is with a Glass VG. I didn't have as much success with my Exotic. I think the bowl in the GVG is bigger and there's more room between the filter and the bowl. It's certainly easier to hit with a torch anyways.

Skunkypete,

Raf007

Retailer
ok, good to know.
And indeed if you have lots of screens, then it's not so much a pb ;)
I'll give it a try with the VG when I will be able to. Coz I sold it to a friend.

Raf007,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
I usually break the hash (pressed, not bubble) into little balls , stick that in the bowl and take a few hits. This usually cause me to zone out and by the time I want to hit the VG again the screen and hash as cooled down enough that I can empty the bowl in my hand , crush the hash and take a few more hits. I repeat this until the taste is gone and I usually dump the rest in with the abv. Granted this is with a Glass VG. I didn't have as much success with my Exotic. I think the bowl in the GVG is bigger and there's more room between the filter and the bowl. It's certainly easier to hit with a torch anyways.
yes im doing a similar thing with my pressed charas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charas, break it into smallest balls as possible and putting it straight in my buddha. Then i get nice hits the taste lasts mainly in the first two to three hits once the wand heats up for a bit i get two or three huge rips and im blowing out huge clouds of vapor, after 6 ti 7 hits i stir the bowl with the pick eventually crush the balls to get rid of the outer vaped layer and then i get another round of fresh huge rips of vapor. i repeat this process 6 to 7 times gradually increasing the temperature in the last two stirs and stirring/part crushing the balls a little in each stir.

But your right i am facing quite an issue with da buddha's straight wand the hash falls to the bottom of the wand so no uniform heating which is why i am already collecting cash to invest in a silver surfer since it has that desired angle which would really benefit the uniform heating required for a thin layer of finely crushed hash balls.

Im not sure if i should be considering any other electronic vaporizers im quite happy with the vapour cloud hits im getting in the buddha after freshly stirred bowls and the ssv with its angle should be a perfect improvement to a proven vaping process im familiar with and works well.

audiodelic,

hereatlast

I put hash (pressed kief) in my Extreme v.3 sometimes and honestly it doesn't deal with it the way I want it to. I made this hash (using wet newspaper and an iron, so there was heat and pressure in the process) before I got the vape and loved it...the hash was great for transport and ease of use when packing bowls. Now that I'm vaping, the kief is easy to use and the surface area makes it easier to get all I want out of a few hits.

That said I can completely understand vaping hash, just seems my equipment and product aren't particularly suited to it. Question tho, for those of you with pressed-kief hash, how do you break it up into little balls w/o the hash just crumbling into powder? Mine just snaps and crumbles, I don't have much control over it.

hereatlast,

whosgottheherb

Audio, you can set the backside of da buddha on abook or something to elevate it,(this is what I do) but be careful of the wand falling out... I tied a shoelace tight around the wand, then fairly tight around the unit itself. this can slip off easily but is tight enough to hold the wand in place. hope this helps someone.

whosgottheherb,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
hereatlast - with pressed kief thats just what it does , crumbles back into powder , vape it as powder on top of a thin layer of herb ....good stuff !!!

Samsquanch,

whosgottheherb

I finally got it to work with my DBV just now(using wand hash rolled in kief) and I only have one word:AMAZING. maybe two cause perfect is a close second, haha.:ko:

whosgottheherb,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Does anyone have any experience/views on how good pressed hash would work with a herborizer/vriptech vaporizer ?

audiodelic,
Top Bottom