• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporizing flower vs vaporizing wax?- Any Difference?

Wax Pen or Flower Pen

• Wax

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Flower

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

Bonesjones521

First timer! Love the site and looking for good opinions on portable wax pens vs flower pens.

I have been searching days.. I went in the shop with the intention to buy a portable vape pen specifically for wax. I then learned you can buy a portable pen for vaping flowers only. Or- one for both (but read these aren't too good). I just have a few questions.. First, is vaping wax vs vaping flowers different as far as a buzz goes? When I smoke regular flowers by combustion, I always tend to get anxious, groggy, and the come down is harsh..But when I vape a buddies portable wax pen- I feel great/not super stoned, it seems almost more clean, and energizes me. Dabs , I can't do at all for it is way too much for me.. Ha! I've read pens for flowers "could" be better as far as health goes bc the wax hasn't had too many studies and could contain butane .

So, Is it the same buzz with vaping flowers vs vaping wax? And if so.. Are the flower portable pens or portables even worth it? Is the technology there? Any advice would be great! Also, I come In more frequent contact with buds more than wax which is why I'm torn! Thanks everyone!!!

Last edited:
Bonesjones521,

ean

The wax and herb pens are mostly just a coil that gets red hot. There is not really a "pen" that vaporizes herb properly, besides the grasshopper and the imag. I own a haze vaporizer and it is fantastic. It can vaporizer herbs and waxes separate. A vaporizer high is also more clear, and the come down is not nearly as much. I havent combusted in a longgg time and it is way better, also you save a lot of herbs. Any other questions feel free to ask or pm me and welcome =).

Bonesjones521

Thank you so much! I have heard a lot about the haze but I kind of need this one I'm going to purchase to be portable. I think I've officially went away from the pen idea and realize I need to go AT least portable to get some good results and a good reliable product. Unfortunately I don't think I can scrub up $200 for the haze mini but was considering the arises air.. I think vape is awesome and I love the way it makes you feel.

In your opinion, is the buzz of vaping wax vs flower any different from one another?

Bonesjones521,

ean

Thank you so much! I have heard a lot about the haze but I kind of need this one I'm going to purchase to be portable. I think I've officially went away from the pen idea and realize I need to go AT least portable to get some good results and a good reliable product. Unfortunately I don't think I can scrub up $200 for the haze mini but was considering the arises air.. I think vape is awesome and I love the way it makes you feel.

In your opinion, is the buzz of vaping wax vs flower any different from one another?
wax effects are usually stronger, but if u vaporize the oil, instead of hitting it out of a coil pen, you will get the same effects except stronger. The arizer air i've heard is great, i used to own a solo it was nice.

ean,

zor

I find that taste is the biggest difference. I get equivalently high off of a dab as I do from a load in DDave's SSV mod, dissolving wax into a carrier like puffmajic or a terpenes mix lets me enjoy wax on the go much more stealthily than flowers do. FWIW, vaping wax alone also tends to coat my teeth with a thin film which I personally don't like at all.

zor,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@Bonesjones521 - sounds like your just starting out. I can't speak to anything but flowers and portable vapes.

Generally speaking most folks might point you to a Arizer Solo as a starting point. Fool proof, built like a tank, excellent battery life and inexpensive ($135 to $160 US - I suggest Puff-It-Up and a direct contact via email to request a price minus the free grinder if your in the US).

There's another portable flower option that you might consider. It's a cigar pen called the XMAX V2 Pro. You could get it for about $79 US and less (again I suggest Puff-It-Up and a direct contact via email to request a price minus the free grinder if your in the US). The Xmax isn't as well built as the Solo but it claims to be able to do liquids as well). I bought two of them and I'm pretty happy with it. There may be other options that do both flowers and liquids. The downside of this unit is battery life but the battery is easily changed out on the fly.

Good Luck!

His_Highness,
Top Bottom