Vaporizing, Bronchitis, and Asthma

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
My brother is in town. He has cats at home. Currently I have doing laundry because the dander on his clothing is fucking choking me. When I have difficulty breathing I find low temperature vaping is obviously the way to go. But this is where it gets weird, with certain strains I think the lower temps may be an irritant. I wonder if low temp keeps the pollen in a condition where it may actually cause allergies?

In no such shape way or form is this actually anything more than a thought and I am NOT a doctor so don't you fuckers get started up in the wrong way....

Just something to ponder....

dumb_zps9f88bfc5.jpg

dunwich

Hello.
Just got diagnosed with asthma and am very interested in finding the best vaping solution for my lungs.
I read a lot in here about water filtration being good for asthma. However my doctor told me that the worst kind of smoke is the one comming from hookah/shishas and told me that they have some many arab women comming with lungproblems because of that. Soooo.....why is vaporizing through water better than smoking through water? I really dont want to invest in a water filtration system only to find out that its actually worse for the lungs.

dunwich,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Well... because smoking causes many more irritants to be produced due to what occurs in the combustion process. Asthma is a tightening of the airways in response to irritation. With vaporization, you are limiting the quantity of irritants to (hopefully) a comfortable level so that your lungs will not tighten in response. The difference between smoking and vaporization is huge in that sense, and of course that is just a very basic rundown. Vaporization is also more nuanced than smoking imo, and allows for more expression of flavor and effect, but it takes time to truly appreciate, I have noticed.

Water is used with vaporization mainly as a means of cooling the vapor down before inhalation, with filtration being a secondary albeit still important concern. Those with sensitivities often find the heat of the vapor itself to cause irritation to the throat and lungs. So in this instance a long vapor path or passing through water is quite helpful.

But... vaporizing of any kind will be better for your lungs than any form of smoking. Lets just make that clear.

dunwich

Thanks for your answer.

However im not questioning whether vaping is better than smoking. Im wondering if water filtration is really a good idea when having lung issues? Ive heard the moist is very bad for the lungs (which is why hookahs/shishas is apparently VERY bad for the lungs)

dunwich,

sanfranciscosadhu

Thanks for your answer.

However im not questioning whether vaping is better than smoking. Im wondering if water filtration is really a good idea when having lung issues? Ive heard the moist is very bad for the lungs (which is why hookahs/shishas is apparently VERY bad for the lungs)

Hookahs are indeed quite bad as there is charcoal used in it as well as artificially flavored tabacco.
There have been some studies done on the effects of using water tools to smoke cannabis. The effects were actually worse for the lungs then simple smoking. My own theory for this that when people use water tools they really get off on being able to inhale large clouds. I include myself in this category BTW
These days most of the time I micro dose tiny amounts in a vaporizer. Occasionally I will use a water tool and go for the clouds. If I did that all the time, my lungs may not like it so much.

Last edited:
sanfranciscosadhu,
Reactions: JCharles

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Im not a professional in the medical field. Some unprofessional advice. Also I don't have any lung problems but I may have done damage from smoking cannabis over the 30 years.

If you have any lung issues if using water for filtration make sure it's clean. It's very easy to get a lung infection with dirty water @t-dub suggests using cranberry extra in your water. It will keep your water clean, I would still change my water often though. Since you have lung problems you need to be extra careful.

I've been trying out warm water filtration.
It feels good that way.

Last edited:

C No Ego

Hello.
Just got diagnosed with asthma and am very interested in finding the best vaping solution for my lungs.
I read a lot in here about water filtration being good for asthma. However my doctor told me that the worst kind of smoke is the one comming from hookah/shishas and told me that they have some many arab women comming with lungproblems because of that. Soooo.....why is vaporizing through water better than smoking through water? I really dont want to invest in a water filtration system only to find out that its actually worse for the lungs.

one of the main reasons to vaporize through water is to be able to increase the vaporizer temperature comfortably with less throat irritation.... hotter temperatures makes it more sedative as the more sedative cannabis compounds need a high heat to release them.... vaporizing at a low temperature will be mostly a head high with not as much full body relief IME.... vapor can be rather dry so drawing that vapor through water can condition, smooth it out some and not really make it to moist... vapor starts out dry so the water balances it if you will...

C No Ego,
Reactions: JCharles

Leota18

After vaping for 2-3 days, I cough persistently for about a week. I feel lung tightness, I wheeze (especially when I lay down) and I cough up mucus. These symptoms are not felt while I am high (which makes me believe it it some sort of lung inflammation) and do not reoccur after I have stopped vaping cannabis for an extended period (1-2 weeks).

When I am wheezing, I sound like a cigarette chain smoker. I am really concerned about this.

I've vaped the same cannabis and with the same vaporizers with other people, and they do not experience the same issues that I do.

It's gone to the point where I have a hard time getting to sleep.

Advice?

Modnote: 3 threads were merged.
Tinctures may be better for you. I've read it's easier to control dosage than edibles.

Leota18

After vaping for 2-3 days, I cough persistently for about a week. I feel lung tightness, I wheeze (especially when I lay down) and I cough up mucus. These symptoms are not felt while I am high (which makes me believe it it some sort of lung inflammation) and do not reoccur after I have stopped vaping cannabis for an extended period (1-2 weeks).

When I am wheezing, I sound like a cigarette chain smoker. I am really concerned about this.

I've vaped the same cannabis and with the same vaporizers with other people, and they do not experience the same issues that I do.

It's gone to the point where I have a hard time getting to sleep.

Advice?

Modnote: 3 threads were merged.

Leota18,

shredder

I vape and have asthma. Also I get bronchitis and pneumonia easily. I havn't smoked cigs in years, but I have welded many years and worked in dirty dusty places, including working around asbestos before proper precautions were taken (power plants).

I have exclusively vaped almost 3 years now. But ive had a vaprizer (volcano) since 2009. I've found low temp vaping helps, as does water filtering, and vaping concentrates helps me as well.

I'm not sure why vaping concentrates bothers me less than vaping herb, but it does. It may be the total number of hits is less. I micro dosed before and still do but with concentrates. Or it may be a allergic reaction to the plant material. I do seem to have a slight allergy to mj. It mostly affects me while trimming terpene strong plants.

If things got worse vaping, I'd definately use edibles. We already make and use cannacaps so I could make the switch easy, although I still really enjoy vaping, and I think it helps me medically.

Top Bottom