Vaporizers with the least draw resistance

little maggie

I'd like a list of vaporizers with the least draw resistance. My CHF is kicking up and some of my vapes seem to be making it worse because of the draw resistance with water. I know I can try out each of my vaporizers to see which are easiest but I'd like to just skip to the ones that are least problematic.

Ace of Space

The herborizer and De Verdamper.
I own a Herborizer and it has like zero draw resistance, i do not own De Verdamper, but i expect something similar.
I used to do long, slow hits on the Herborizer but that never seemed to work that well.
Now i took it out of it's retirement because my Nano is on holiday and out of frustration with the long, slow draw that produces virtually no vapor, i started taking fast hits with the fc 187/v2 and it started to produce massive monster hits. The lack of draw resistance makes it all possible. :rockon:

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
My experience with the Ascent was completely opposite: like trying to suck a thick milkshake through a thin straw.
Really, I find there is no draw resistance at all, and probably why you never get huge clouds from the vape.

Too much air is taken in through the bottom holes, the draw is straight pass through for me and to the detriment of the WTA session.

Perhaps your holes were blocked in the stem or you didn't own ed's TnT wooden stems?

1DMF,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Agree with the Ascent, it's very easy to draw from. The Haze which is also a portable has no draw resistance.

CarolKing,

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
... Perhaps your holes were blocked in the stem or you didn't own ed's TnT wooden stems?
They weren't blocked but it got easier after my husband drilled out uptake holes to enlarge them. Never did get a wooden stem; makes sense that would be much more free-flowing. :)

Amoreena,
Reactions: killick

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
drilled out uptake holes to enlarge them.
Really? I was told it isn't possible to drill the holes bigger because glass shatters the second you try? I'd been after a modded stem like that to try after seeing one in the Ascent thread, but bought an Ed's TnT stem instead.

1DMF,

mikeben

@Ed's TnT stems make all the difference. His basic designs should be bought by all vape companies.

Last edited:
mikeben,

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
@1DMF - We got a Dremel tool tip to do it. Husband has very steady hands, clamped the Dremel tool in place, and dripped water on glass while in process. It was a PITA -- don't recommend trying. If I hadn't found the HA, would likely have tried a wooden stem next. No VAS here. :peace:

Likes2vape

Agree with the Ascent, it's very easy to draw from. The Haze which is also a portable has no draw resistance.
I haven't tried the v3 but the v2.5 is super restrictive and I have heard the v3 uses even smaller diameter mouth pieces. For me the haze has the most draw restriction out of all the vapes I have tried even more so than the solo.

Likes2vape,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Mighty. Shockingly little resistance. Like none. Been vaping forever, and was bowled over when I first tried it. My wife, who hates vapes with resistance, was like "WOW!"

mitchgo61,
Reactions: killick

420engineer

the Silver Surfer [7th Floor] has little resistance, and is probably what you're looking for as it is quite bong-like

420engineer,

little maggie

Thanks everyone. I have the Haze with Ed's mp- it feels restrictive with water. I'm on the waitlist for the Zion. What about the Arizer plug ins? Has anyone tried the extreme q? I need something that is very mild. The firewood, so far, is the only one I can use without water.

little maggie,
Reactions: Stevenski

mikeben

I haven't tried the v3 but the v2.5 is super restrictive and I have heard the v3 uses even smaller diameter mouth pieces. For me the haze has the most draw restriction out of all the vapes I have tried even more so than the solo.
The V3 is very easy to sip on for me. Ed has made me a V3 DD and he is now making me a Wong with a longer stem and I think he makes the draw super clean. Of course I think I have the lungs of Superman since fucking combustion so maybe my experience is different than others.

mikeben,

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
Aromed. If you dump the water, there is zero resistance.

Aimless Ryan,

little maggie

It looks like I'm going to try the Arizer exreme. I've never used balloons or whips so not sure how this will work.

little maggie,
Reactions: Stevenski

mikeben

It looks like I'm going to try the Arizer exreme. I've never used balloons or whips so not sure how this will work.
EDIT In my post below I am talking about the 2011 edition of this machine. I checked the form tonight and it looks like they fixed the tubing to be higher (if not medical) grade and the bag fills WAY more easily with a glass connector. I still do not prefer those methods, but I bet I would like the current version of the Extreme a lot more.

My feelings on the Extreme are.... well you might like it better than I. I know @DDave would make it much better, but I love the vapes I have in rotation so much I just never feel like pulling it out. Once the laws change a bit here, I will gift it to a needy med user for sure. Right now I'm afraid to even try because it's going to be ultra tough to get all of the tell tale smells and debris out of it's standard tubes.

I couldn't get the bag in without tearing it. This was 2011, and I was a total newbie with flowers period, but despite watching you tube vids I could not manage it. Now I could maybe, but I don't like all the air that gets into the vapor when you use the fan anyhow

With the whip, it was an herb hog, and it turned deep brown quickly. I had so much trouble cleaning it and getting the herbs from shooting up it into hard reach spots. Even soaking didn't seem to help. I since found I simply dislike that delivery method compared to glass, stainless steel, or wood.

I mentioned the fan before, without it, I had to crank the vape up and really hit hard to get some decent vapor. With it, a lot of air mixes in. I don't mind good airflow, but not mixed that deeply into the vapor.

Remember though a lot of people do like this brand and vape. Personally it kept me away from the brand for good and drove me back to combustion for a long while, but again this is only my personal experience. I would buy the DDave kit on ebay asap to bring it up to current vaping standards. I love mods and @Ed's TnT, @Ratchett, and DDave do great things for us. However a vaporizer shouldn't be a pain out of the box, it should already function without a headache. Water tools, stem accessories, even plug in options for portables, all of that is fantastic, but a vaporizer should work great with the bare minimum too. Just my :2c:. :peace: to Arizer fans, but not those darn fans.

Last edited:
Top Bottom