• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporizers Of the Future

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
As djelimon pointed out, vaporizers have come a long way from the early conduction/hotplate models which did a good scorching your herb.

Now we have ceramic heaters and lots of glass for clean convection action.

But where will we be in 10,50,100 years? Is there really that much room for improvement?

For one, I'd like to see super accurate, automatic temperature control... I mean to the level of current day million dollar scientific equipment.

High efficiency solar powered vapes would be nice. Maybe we can use lasers as a heat source... kidding. :)

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I saw some other people on other forum start to make some lazer beam vap ! and I must admit that this seem pretty cool .

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
This the laser vape you saw, CD?

Looks pretty cool indeed, hopefully he can get the wavelength and beam diameter down.

Should be similar in effect to a magnifying glass, setup, right?

No need to worry about the radiation?

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hehe yes this is the one I saw ...and for the radiation ....?! I dont know but I'm sure it must be cool cause it come hot really fast ....faster than any auther vap

Clear_Dome,

Kommyknocker

I agree it'd have to be legal.. the vapes built by bugatti and bmw and stuff would come out with all kinds of crazy ways to do it.
My personal favourite.. direct matter transport beam(startrek esq) a dose of thc directly into my heart and brain.. now THAT is cloud! :nod:

Kommyknocker,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I agree it'd have to be legal.. the vapes built by bugatti and bmw and stuff would come out with all kinds of crazy ways to do it.
My personal favourite.. direct matter transport beam(startrek esq) a dose of thc directly into my heart and brain.. now THAT is cloud! :nod:

No way I'd want that. One of the joys of vaporizing for me was the discovery of flavour. I hated the taste of combustion but put up with it. To get pure flavour from vapour is a great pleasure that I would not like to give up.

vapirtoo

I always thought that real vaporization needs the plant material to be placed
in a total vacuum and then heated up and extracted. Vacuum chambers
anyone?
I'm like Dr. Bones of Star Trek, No beaming me from place to place, and
no substances being beemed into me.

vapirtoo,

BlazedRunner

run high
I think vaporizing is a crude step towards some altogether different method of administration of plant material. In the immediate future I can see vaporizers including some kind of sensor that indicates if your material is still hitting.

BlazedRunner,

Jurassic

Woah! You just tripped me out dude, and i'm not even baked! lol

I saw some posts somewhere on here about a vaporizer/mist type device where the vapour was cooled by mist or tiny water droplets. Not revolutionary in idea, but i'm sure a very advanced technological vaporizer could be developed that would shake up the industry somewhat. Maybe i'm wrong though lol

Jurassic,
No way I'd want that. One of the joys of vaporizing for me was the discovery of flavour. I hated the taste of combustion but put up with it. To get pure flavour from vapour is a great pleasure that I would not like to give up.

Agreed. I first realized how great the flavour can be while vaping Northern Lights. It had such a sweet, almost "carrot-y" flavour to it. I think it was the strain that sold me on vaporizing.

Combusting friends of mine always react strange when they taste vapor for the first time - "It tastes 'funny'". Uh no, you're just used to the taste of fire. This is how cannabis really tastes.

Edit: come to think of it, I probably reacted the same the first time.

kingofnull,
Reactions: ugobo

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I also want a vaporizer to be developed which has not only convection action but uses that convect air current to blow the bud around, sort of like what happens when you pull too fast on a MFLB but while extracting. That way there are no missed spots or anything like that.

CentiZen,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I also want a vaporizer to be developed which has not only convection action but uses that convect air current to blow the bud around, sort of like what happens when you pull too fast on a MFLB but while extracting. That way there are no missed spots or anything like that.

That's why Arizer calls it the Cyclone bowl.

pakalolo,

survyvr

Geeky ol' Crank
CentiZen said: ↑

pakalolo said: ↑

That's why Arizer calls it the Cyclone bowl.

2008---->2012

"Come Full Circle Much?"

ftw?

survyvr,

Reveen

If you had the chance to design your own vape, what would be the "must have" features?

—portable, sleek, and stealthy (like the Pax)
—removable battery (18650 maybe?)
—removable chambers (one for herbs, one for concentrates)
—temperature control
—glass or ceramic vapor path
—vaporizes using convection
—stainless steel body or other sturdy material
—some sort of LCD readout where you can set temp, check battery, etc (like the Provari E-cig)
—performs well with large or small amounts of herb
—quick heat-up time
—Removable gong attachment for vape-bonging

Am I missing anything? If a vape came out with all of these features, I wouldn't hesitate to drop $300+ on the unit.

It really sounds like a cross between the Pax and the Cera now that I think about it . . . Cera looks like a winner but I can't look past the lack of temperature control. I would buy a Pax immediately if it had a removable battery and if the mouthpiece wasn't a moving part like it is. Should I settle for one of these or wait for my dream vape to be invented?

Reveen,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
I did design my own vape, and have used it daily for the last 20 months.

i don't care about vaping in public so the whole stealth aspect is missing.
i also don't care about using a "water tool".

So, these are my design goals:
  • all glass, only glass, vapor path.
  • computer temperature control, to within +/- 1°F.
  • digital temperature display.
  • 30 seconds to vape temp, 90 seconds to first toke.
  • battery powered - two required, with fast recharger (15 min per battery).
  • compact - 2" cube + power pack + cable.
  • glassware cheap to replace.
  • can hold about 0.2g at a time, but works well with less.
But the purchase price will be $500 -- if it ever becomes a commercial product.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: Reveen

Reveen

I did design my own vape, and have used it daily for the last 20 months.

i don't care about vaping in public so the whole stealth aspect is missing.
i also don't care about using a "water tool".

So, these are my design goals:
  • all glass, only glass, vapor path.
  • computer temperature control, to within +/- 1°F.
  • digital temperature display.
  • 30 seconds to vape temp, 90 seconds to first toke.
  • battery powered - two required, with fast recharger (15 min per battery).
  • compact - 2" cube + power pack + cable.
  • glassware cheap to replace.
  • can hold about 0.2g at a time, but works well with less.
But the purchase price will be $500 -- if it ever becomes a commercial product.

Wow! Looks awesome, nice work.

Just curious, how much time/money did it cost you to develop the Bud Toaster?

Reveen,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
thanks.

i made the very first Bud Toaster in 2001. i usually buy enough parts to make more than one at a time, so adding it all up, over the 14 models and many variations per model, at least several thousand dollars.

i have a somewhat boring day job, so this little bit of design and engineering keeps me sane.

JCat

Accessory Maker
There are actually a couple with this in mind ... ie. the Extreme Q "cyclone" bowl did just this ... (albeit not to my satisfaction :))

If you pack a smaller amount into the Cloud it does this too I believe.

Edit: Volcano also ...

JCat,
Top Bottom