Vaporizers In Popular Culture - Movies, Television, Celebrities

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Modnote: 4 similar threads were merged together and now comprise this one. Posts appear in chronological order.

Just watched Super High Me-- Probably worth a rent for most of the folks here, basically the same premise as its namesake, with marijuana substituted for McDonalds. Also a lot of attention on the medical marijuana situation in California.

There wasn't much said about vaporizing except that it "burns the thc and not the bad stuff". Seemed kind of odd since his doctor said that personally he is for medical marijuana as a citizen, but as a doctor, he doesn't want his patients to inhale the crude combustion products of a dried plant from (likely) unknown origins.

I guess the majority of pot smokers still see vaping as kind of an expensive novelty: smoking is easy, cheap and effective pretty much anywhere- Volcanos are expensive and cumbersome. For vaping to go mainstream, I guess it's going to take an ipod-esque portable (As of today the VaporGenie might be the closest thing, but it's not idiot proof).

Some interesting bits from the film...
- Doug's lung capacity after 30 days of not smoking: 92%
- After 30 days of smoking heavily every day 89%
- Sperm count was higher after 30 days of heavy smoking
- Doc said that perceptible physical harm to Doug from smoking pot was zero (before and after)
- Dispensaries in "Los Ganjales": Aug 2006 (11), Mar 2007 (325)

Of course it begs the question of how would all those tests would turn out if he'd vaporized without smoking. But more importantly, 30 days of McDonalds seems to be a great deal more harmful than 30 days of using a (n illegal) plant for medicine. :ninja:

Anyway, during his 30 day "binge" Doug used a Volcano (at home) and one of those wooden box whip vapes with the negative angle was also shown briefly.

The SSV makes an appearance in the new Harold and Kumar flick.

Any other pop culture references?

Last edited:

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
woa man !! totaly stunned !!! first time I eard about Super high me ...nice post vtac ....realy constructif !! but I never see vap in other movie or any thing else !!! we are still missunderstand or unknown for now ...

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
Doug's lung capacity after 30 days of not smoking: 92%
- After 30 days of smoking heavily every day 89%
- Sperm count was higher after 30 days of heavy smoking
- Doc said that perceptible physical harm to Doug from smoking pot was zero (before and after)
So was this after smoking or vaping? Or both?

It's almost surprising how 'underground' vaping still is, yet I can tell that it has spread quite a bit in the last couple of years. There are more online dealers. Good quality, affordable vapes like the Vapolution, herbalAire, Vapor Genie, the high end digital models, etc., are being sold by most of the web dealers. Some brands haven't survived but others have popped up on the market. It's no fad, that's for sure. Vaporizers are here to stay.

max,

xvapor

in super high me when he first gets his valcano his dumb ass freind is trying to grind some herb and drops it down the sink. it made me so sad :(

xvapor,

Herbalist

Nice post, vtac.

I've always overlooked super high me.
I find a lot of weed movies etc... to be pretty naive, but I might just check it out.

I haven't seen anything to do specifically with vapes in any movies or TV recently.

I have however seen footage, although I can't remember where, of people passing a balloon full of vapor around on a few occasions.

I haven't seen it in many years, but I believe Stacy Keach uses a hand held vape in Cheech and Chong's Nice Dreams. It may be a forced convection gun, but I remember it as being a vaporizer.

Anyway, if it is, then it has to be one of the earlier pop culture references.

As for other references.
Vape's have a huge dedicated following on YouTube.
Probably not quite what you were referencing, but definitely a strong pop culture medium.

Man, I like it here... Good solid discussion by people who know what they're talking about. Sweet.

Herbalist,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Popular Culture, is more about promoting bullshit or lies isn't it, doesn't seem like a platform for promoting sensible behaviour to me :) If not for the internet, I would probably be still lighting my herb with a lighter and smoking ciggarettes like iv'e been educated to do.

Noticed how it's so much easier to Hate with exposure to popular culture and all that it entails, it's all good though if you recognise the game being played and go your own way.:)

Cannabudz,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
im suprised nobodys mentioned that electric cigarette that was made for tobacco smokers

i guess people hear vape and just think of weed lol

Acolyte of Zinglon,

marcuss

above the clouds
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
im suprised nobodys mentioned that electric cigarette that was made for tobacco smokers

i guess people hear vape and just think of weed lol
i'm not surprised A.o.Z..... you right! vapes are for differents kind of weed....tobacco for vapes is just a legal story to tell to advertise vapes :rolleyes: anyway i think that vaporize tobacco is a good way to ingest all that crap they put on it....as you can understand i don't like tobacco!

grow your own plant(your favorite)then vaporize it if you like the wiser way!

marcuss,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
i think that vaporize tobacco is a good way to ingest all that crap they put on it....as you can understand i don't like tobacco!

grow your own plant(your favorite)then vaporize it if you like the wiser way!
I agree, Be Independent , Or as much as u can B, and I'd prefer not to rely on any one thing or person to much as change is as sure as birth and death.

If yah havin trouble giving up religion, you might wanna try budhism, now i see it Da Budha what a great name for a vape:cool:

Cannabudz,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Children of Men

"Here take a hit"
*hits joint*
"Now cough.... Taste it?"
*hrm*
"Its strawberry cough!!"

One of my favorite movies of all time. :p

SpiralArchitect,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman

Don't know if you ca see it the words are

DEVO
U-N-C-O-N-T-R-O-L-A-B-L--E
U-R-G-E

:) Im getting one of those baby's

You can even buy the red cone hats for about $20 :cool: Fuck search engines rock

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
They might be Subtle or Vage reference's but i feel or see em, especially that vid i linked :o

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c8an2XZ3MU&feature=related

Ive been watching a heap of these Terence Mckenna Vids on youtube, The most interesting Human being ive ever heard speak the English Language, Really Great take on Stuff, And He's helped me understand what i allway's "Knew" I was, An Apprentice shaman , Now I understand the fasination i have with the "Other" . Iknow it's a bit off Thread i just didnt know where to put this Stuff, but Mckenna is well worth a listen, I stumbled on him looking for tips on Peyote Germination, funny how you end up connecting with people, even if they have Died before meeting with thier Mind, The beautty of Youtube, i love this Shit, Prolly unintended But it's here now :tup: Free :bigleaf: Free us All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yag7m0zlQHE

I "Believe" I Had a Completely Psychadelic Experience Thru Eating The Green Dragon Resin Capsule, A very Rewarding Experience, I will line up for again unless BHO works Better(which i will try) Don't be coned Cannabis is Not The Minor Psyhcadelic Substance As "POPULAR CuLTURE" would have you believe.

I also believe My Current behaviour has indeed Re-Booted My Cultural Operating System, Very Effective Techniques Indeed.

"The Western Mind is a house of Cards" Terence Mckenna

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Nice that you think so sticks, but im wanting to a "Part" of this community, im no evengelist, just wanting to get this stuff up and talked about see the Views on the vids, like about 8 or 10 thousand, kinda depressing bro, I feel that culture has treated us like the mushrooms they dont want us to eat, the same culture you as an american and me as an australian r "Expected to to conform too :disgust: Monoculture for the World filled with greed ,,Competion& survival of the fittest/smartest, I want to hear what others feel too or inspire change beyond my own life, not just be a source of amusement.

terence Mckenna has some great stuff to say about shamanism/schizophrenia this bloke has some very insightfull things to say thought's that have occured to me b4 but ive never been able to articulate clearly enough till now, however mental clarity has been improving for me over the past couple of months, You may have noticed im not quite so on the ceiling @ the minute. hehehe

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
sorry Spiral, i missed it somewhere back there, where are you from bro, how did you come across McKenna, It just ripps me that all my favourite people Die Young, Or before i am ready to meet them, Kurt Cobain, Morrison, Hendrix,Both Buckley's , Michael hutchins, its a Fucking Long List Man

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
vtac said:
/\

Nice shirt, but where is the vaporizer? :huh:
Sorry this reply took so long V tac, the vape connection, Loose it maybe :lol: is the upside down "CONES" on their heads for better reception :D

I Take it litterally They may have been about some arty concept of better brain reception with no thought of Cannabis in mind, but when i listen to "girl you want", "whip it", "freedom of choice" and "beatifull world" and other songs, very Subversive Stuff, the time line blows me away more than anything, but the Message is very strong for me when i Listen and Watch the Music Video's .

thes guys are still around id love to hear what they have to say about this stuff, Man I just love the Guitar Rift in Beautifull world it is one of the best, ever, Up there with nirvana's great Rifts, you know "lake of fire" etc

Cannabudz,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I've lived in Alaska just about all my life. I heard about T. McKenna through a friend a few years back when I first started experimenting with drugs and reading about spirituality, mysticism, psychedelics etc... I'd have to say he is by far one of the most influential psychonauts in my journey through life. Him and Aldous Huxley.

2 of my favorite videos :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7jMaaijV5s

This one is directly about culture so you can't say it's off-topic since all culture is 'popular' if you want to get into semantics! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arh_raWjYDM

SpiralArchitect,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Ijust Love the Reference to the "Cultural Operating System" Its just So Apt, I mean i dont wish to murder, rob, rape, etc etc, however i wish to reject my Cultural Operating System as Redundant & illogical, Thru the Judicious use of Cannabis i have in fact amcomplised this task, however DMT, & mescaline Beckon ahead of my journey and that is Fine. Spiral, Alaska, A very nice place to live Brother, ive seen "Some" landscape imagery, looks beautifull Mate,
Being two of your "Favourite" video's , makes me most pleased to be connecting up Minds Brother, please feel Free to Share More, I havnt met too many shaman with a personal computer yet, with a desire to communicate. :)

Cannabudz,

Vape-Nation

Can you name any famous people who use vaporizers? I know John Mayer and Willie Nelson both use them and have spoken out extensively about how it helps save their lungs and throat. But I'm curious, who else?

Vape-Nation,
Top Bottom