Vaporizer with capacity between Volcano and Solo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapeguy

I had the Volcano years ago which was my favorite vape, then I got the Arizer Solo which I love other than the fact it only holds about 0.2g at a time so I'm reloading it often, especially with friends.

Recently a friend was selling his Volcano so I bought it, now the problem is that I'm literally going through my herb at least twice as fast since getting a Volcano again compared to the Solo, that 0.2g limit is very economical but also limits the effects.

The Volcano performs best with larger loads, so now I'm wondering if I should start looking for a model that works well and has a capacity somewhere between the Solo and Volcano as they are 2 extremes from extremely tiny to extremely huge. I'm thinking something in between would be a better balance of effect to consumption. If I wasn't so tight on cash I'd be happy with the Volcano but it's starting to cost me a lot.

Thanks

vapeguy,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
I have heard that some people use the volcano liquid pad to reduce the area of the bowl in the volcano so less vaporizables will be be required to run efficiently. You should be able to run .2g - but you'll either get less total number of bags or less dense vapor in the same number of bags.

You can also put a screen in the solo stem and get the bowl down to 0.05g which is great for 1 hit vaporbong rips!

There are lots of vapes with different sized bowls but I have found that most hold about .2g per session - ha, ssv, vriptech, lsv, vxc, etc.

It seems to me that sometimes the delivery method is just as important to the end result, as how many grams you inhale per session. .2 in the ha over a 20min direct draw session, can do the trick just as well as .4 in the sv in a 5 min session, or vice versa.

notmyrealUSERname,

u bwade wunner

Or a cheap $155 extreme q which will allow you to blow bags or use a whip or glass and You can use elbow packs to conserve (it uses tiny amounts) or use the extreme cyclone bowl when friends are over for longer sessions.
these are a quality vape and cheap as right now.they come with loads of glass accesorries and have temperature control

thread here

u bwade wunner,

Titamius

Developing Connoisseur & Vaporist
Or a cheap $155 extreme q which will allow you to blow bags or use a whip or glass and You can use elbow packs to conserve (it uses tiny amounts) or use the extreme cyclone bowl when friends are over for longer sessions.
these are a quality vape and cheap as right now.they come with loads of glass accesorries and have temperature control

thread here
+1. The cyclone bowl can hold anywhere from .2 to over .5 and the elbow does .1-.2 loads with thicker hits.

Titamius,

skyline

The Herbalaire is a great choice and a good alternative to the Extreme Q if you want something that extracts more actives, doesn't require stirring or even grinding, and can be knocked off the table without even blinking an eye. It blows bags quicker than an EQ but slower than a Volcano (should be about 60 seconds per bag). If you prefer whips though the EQ is better for that. If you want to use it with a bong though, I would recommend the HA for sure since its small so you can pick it up and directly mate its mouthpiece with any 14mm or 18mm downstem, while you need to use a whip to connect the EQ to the bong which in my opinion is more of a hassle.

The most I've fit in an HA crucible was .3g. You can find it on Amazon for about 180$.

skyline,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
In my experience, log vapes are the best at conservation. I got a Solo a few weeks ago and love the portability of it, but it seems wasteful compared to my UD. With the UD, I can put a dugout bat size load and fill my 12" beaker 3-4 times. I don't mind the "wasteful" (by comparison) nature of the Solo, because I know how much I save at home with my UD. :2c:

happyTrails,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom