• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporizer Suggestions

Blunt

Bluntmaster
Hey, I stopped by the site after Grasscity recommend it to me and I'm extremely eager to purchase my first vaporizer but I know better than to rush into doing so. I've looked over multiple vaporizers as well as many of the Threads on Fuck Combustion, but I'm looking for suggestions personalized to what I'm looking for.

Price; I'm looking for a setup that won't set me back more than $200, but I'm willing to budge if it's necessary.
Delivery system; I would prefer both the bag and whip, however I wouldn't be too devastated if there was just a bag system. I'm planning on using this in my house and therefore I don't need stealth, nor am I concerned about it.
Efficiency; The less money I spend on weed the better.
Manufacturer; You know better than I do.
Stealth; As I mentioned before, I'm not overly concerned with this because I don't foresee myself using this in public.
Learning curve; Knowledge is power, I'm always up for learning new things.
Temperature control; I would prefer to be able to set the temperature so I can find my preference as far as temperature is concerned.

Thanks in advance!

Blunt,

FEAR420

Search please.....This is now the 3rd "Vape recommendations" thread in as many days. Not trying to be a dick,just cut down on clutter and point you in the right direction.

FEAR420,

Blunt

Bluntmaster
FEAR420 said:
Search please.....This is now the 3rd "Vape recommendations" thread in as many days. Not trying to be a dick,just cut down on clutter and point you in the right direction.
I completely understand, I've seen the other two and looked through them both extensively. Sorry to clutter the Forums but if I'm going to spend $200+ on a vaporizer I want to be sure it's the one I want undoubtedly, rather than the one that the other original posters are looking for. For example, PuffinPaul said he's willing to spend up to $700, whereas I'm nothing like that and he also is looking for something stealthy, whereas I'm not. Everyone has different preferences and therefore I made a different Thread to suit mine, sorry to clutter the Forums.

Blunt,

FEAR420

Blunt said:
FEAR420 said:
I completely understand, I've seen the other two and looked through them both extensively. Sorry to clutter the Forums but if I'm going to spend $200+ on a vaporizer I want to be sure it's the one I want undoubtedly, rather than the one that the other original posters are looking for. For example, PuffinPaul said he's willing to spend up to $700, whereas I'm nothing like that and he also is looking for something stealthy, whereas I'm not. Everyone has different preferences and therefore I made a different Thread to suit mine, sorry to clutter the Forums.
Thanks for understanding man. I really try not come off as a dick,but sometimes its unavoidable.

Now,as for you & your question at hand....

Under $200 - Youre only gonna get the Crapir(Vapir) products. If you were to come up to around $250,you can get yourself the HerbalAire H2.1 which is one of the BEST vapes out. Its a triple draw system meaning you can direct draw,fill bags or use the whip....and the air assist is optional & Included ;) It does everything you want it to,...is UBER EFFICIENT! And did I mention it does everything you want??? Normally Id say go with the Arizer Extreme V3.0,but not right now. I have some insider info and from what my science friend tells me,the HerbalAire is WAY more efficient due to its use of 18 jets to fully cook the herbs from all angles & to penetrate deep inside the herb for FULL EXTRACTIONS. Also according to him,no need to break up or anthing,just drop a .1 nug in & go to town.

Trust me...look into the Herbal Aire....I think its absolutely perfect for what you're looking for.

FEAR420,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
If you want the bag feature look at the Herbalaire or the Extreme though they might make you budge on the $$ but not like the 'cano $.

If you want big bong style hits and are willing to forego the bags then the DB or SSV sound like they might be up your alley... If you already have some glassware to use with you might check out the VRip.

If you just want efficiency and a simple daily driver vape I'd look at the PD though there is a wait list, I adore mine A LOT.

Good luck!!

Lo,

Blunt

Bluntmaster
FEAR420 said:
Blunt said:
FEAR420 said:
Thanks for understanding man. I really try not come off as a dick,but sometimes its unavoidable.

Under $200 - Youre only gonna get the Crapir(Vapir) products. If you were to come up to around $250,you can get yourself the HerbalAire H2.1 which is one of the BEST vapes out. Its a triple draw system meaning you can direct draw,fill bags or use the whip....and the air assist is optional & Included ;) It does everything you want it to,...is UBER EFFICIENT! And did I mention it does everything you want??? Normally Id say go with the Arizer Extreme V3.0,but not right now. I have some insider info and from what my science friend tells me,the HerbalAire is WAY more efficient due to its use of 18 jets to fully cook the herbs from all angles & to penetrate deep inside the herb for FULL EXTRACTIONS. Also according to him,no need to break up or anthing,just drop a .1 nug in & go to town.

Trust me...look into the Herbal Aire....I think its absolutely perfect for what you're looking for.
Sounds too good to be true, ha. Do you have any preference or suggestions on where to purchase the product from?

Blunt,

FEAR420

Blunt said:
FEAR420 said:
Blunt said:

Sounds too good to be true, ha. Do you have any preference or suggestions on where to purchase the product from?
Vapeworld.com make sure you check the "recommended retailers" list/thread..... The Coupon Code for VapeWorld.com is FC12. I suggest you open a chat and talk to VapeChris,tell him FEAR420 sent you and get a nicer discount ;)

FEAR420,

Blunt

Bluntmaster
FEAR420 said:
Blunt said:
FEAR420 said:

Vapeworld.com make sure you check the "recommended retailers" list/thread..... The Coupon Code for VapeWorld.com is FC12. I suggest you open a chat and talk to VapeChris,tell him FEAR420 sent you and get a nicer discount ;)
Thanks for all the help, it's appreciated. Thanks to you too lo for your post.

Blunt,

FEAR420

Blunt said:
Thanks for all the help, it's appreciated. Thanks to you too lo for your post.
The guy you wanna talk to about the HERBALAire H2.1 around here is nicelytoasted. He's good guy....also tell him FEAR420 sent ya if you decide to contact him. :D

FEAR420,

Blunt

Bluntmaster
My situation is that I got a little over $200 for Christmas and I originally wanted to invest in a vaporizer, specifically the HerbalAire H2.1 (Thanks to FEAR420). I'm having second thoughts however, like I always do when I spend a large sum of money. My question is if you think I should spend all the money I just received on the vaporizer or if I should keep it. I should also include the fact that I'm unemployed at the moment, focusing solely on school so I have no way of making any money back.

My idea behind the investment is that it will last me for the rest of my life and it's extremely healthy. Smoking from my glass pipe 3 times a day does a job on your lungs and it's starting to become a problem as I try to become more active again.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Blunt,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
You do have a way of making money back. Vaporizers are good investments that are very efficient. The efficiency will allow the vaporizer to pay for itself over time (the amount of time depends upon your consumption habits).

You should check out the reasons why you want a vape and what you want. Bags are novel, but really, they're not the best. I bought an SSV to replace my HA and I have absolutely no regrets. In the Ask FC forum I believe it is, there is a thread with the approximate title "Which vape gets you the most mileage?" I described fairly well there why I think the SSV destroys the HA.

Do you like hash? If you like hash, don't get an HA. It's absolutely awful at vaporizing hash and hash is the Cadillac of shit you can put in the vape.

Pseudonymous,

Blunt

Bluntmaster
Pseudonymous said:
You do have a way of making money back. Vaporizers are good investments that are very efficient. The efficiency will allow the vaporizer to pay for itself over time (the amount of time depends upon your consumption habits).

You should check out the reasons why you want a vape and what you want. Bags are novel, but really, they're not the best. I bought an SSV to replace my HA and I have absolutely no regrets. In the Ask FC forum I believe it is, there is a thread with the approximate title "Which vape gets you the most mileage?" I described fairly well there why I think the SSV destroys the HA.

Do you like hash? If you like hash, don't get an HA. It's absolutely awful at vaporizing hash and hash is the Cadillac of shit you can put in the vape.
Thanks for the reply. I'm not too worried about getting my money back at all. I'm more worried that I may not like the high produced by a vaporizer because I'm aware it's more of a head high and because of this will end up wasting my money. As for hash, I've never touched it. Most of the weed I get is exotic, such as Kush, Haze and most medical strains. I posted earlier here and after listening to the advice of FEAR420, as well as doing some independent research, came to the conclusion that the HerbalAire was the best suit for me. I will take your advice as well though and look into the Silver Surfer, however I do enjoy the capability of a bag on the HerbalAire because I find bags to be extremely cool as well as good for parties. I've been told that the V-Tower Extreme vaporizer is good as well, but I'm not so sure about that.

Blunt,

Blunt

Bluntmaster
Many people are telling me to spend another $50 to get he Xtreme, what's everyone's thoughts on that?

Blunt,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
I can't comment on the Extreme, but most people here will recommend that over the HerbalAire. That is just what I know from reading some posts here.

If you want a party vape, then the HA or Extreme should be good. Bags are the best for parties and whatnot because a lot of people are ridiculously stubborn.

An SSV can give you hits just as big (and bigger) than a lot of bong hits. The density of the vapour also destroys the HerbalAire. The HerbalAire is awful with direct draw. After being used to the SSV, it really almost seems pointless to direct draw from the HerbalAire. The airflow isn't that great, either, so I find it a bit uncomfortable.

Pseudonymous,

FEAR420

HA is more efficient then the Extreme in many diff ways...Main one thats easy to spot right off is the bowl size. Extreme is kinda large....HA can get you ripped off 0.025....Extreme has all the nice stoner bells and whistles,but for pure overall satisfaction....Id have to go wth the HA myself over the Ex.:2c: Also,Nicelytoasted said to email him if you want @ bretdodger@hotmail.com

FEAR420,

Blunt

Bluntmaster
Thanks for your input, I'm still undecided but I did e-mail Nicelytoasted so we will see what comes of that.

Blunt,

FEAR420

Blunt said:
Thanks for your input, I'm still undecided but I did e-mail Nicelytoasted so we will see what comes of that.
Yeah man,its a tough decision when you can only get one & want to maximize the one that you do get. The Extreme is a great looking & performing vape,but if you want the efficiency of using next to no herb,then the HA is the one,hands down. The Extreme will use a bit more due to its larger bowl sizes...Either way theyre both excellent vapes & both rank right up there next to each other. Just a matter of looking at the 2 models now,comparing the features & FACTS and making an educated decision as to what you TRULY NEED & WANT. Do you really need a remote? Or do you just want one cuz its super cool and great for laziness? Do you want want the LCD readout? Or do you want a set-it-and-forget-it type of dial like the HA? Etc,Etc,Etc...Then look at size & sound... Try to watch vids,listen to the fans. Look at the vapor output in whip mode with fans on. All that other fun stuff that makes shopping such a chore :/

Either way,I would wait until you speak to Mr.Toasted as he currently owns both the HA & Extreme and would be much better suited at describing the variables of each model and the stronger/weaker points of each.

FEAR420,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
When buying the HA, the Extreme existed. But I chose the HA. It looked more sturdy and like less things could go wrong with it. The direct draw on the HA is really near worthless when compared to a real whip vape though.

If you get an HA, then you have to upgrade the pump. The stock pump is terribly weak and the one on their website that is better is terribly expensive. Want accessories for the HA? Be prepared to spend a tonne of money.

I liked the look of the HA, how it looked like lab equipment. I also likely how the display was not digital. I also liked how it was less gimmicky (having a remote? wtf?). But like I said, the only experience I have with the E is this forum.

The vapor from the SSV also tastes a lot better, I find. The HA can tend to dry your mouth/throat worse, in my experience. I also don't like how you have to have bud in the HA. You can bust it up, sure, but then the screen will just be clogged. More trouble than it's worth.

But hey! Vaporizers typically have hihg resale value. Take good care of it. If you change your mind in the future, it shouldn't be too costly. By that time, the vape will likely have paid for itself, anyway!

Pseudonymous,

Blunt

Bluntmaster
Pseudonymous said:
When buying the HA, the Extreme existed. But I chose the HA. It looked more sturdy and like less things could go wrong with it. The direct draw on the HA is really near worthless when compared to a real whip vape though.

If you get an HA, then you have to upgrade the pump. The stock pump is terribly weak and the one on their website that is better is terribly expensive. Want accessories for the HA? Be prepared to spend a tonne of money.

I liked the look of the HA, how it looked like lab equipment. I also likely how the display was not digital. I also liked how it was less gimmicky (having a remote? wtf?). But like I said, the only experience I have with the E is this forum.

The vapor from the SSV also tastes a lot better, I find. The HA can tend to dry your mouth/throat worse, in my experience. I also don't like how you have to have bud in the HA. You can bust it up, sure, but then the screen will just be clogged. More trouble than it's worth.

But hey! Vaporizers typically have hihg resale value. Take good care of it. If you change your mind in the future, it shouldn't be too costly. By that time, the vape will likely have paid for itself, anyway!
Well I don't want ti buy a vapotizer only to have yo upgrade it. If you are against the HerbalAire H2.1 then what would your alternate suggestion be?

Blunt,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
Comparing the HA to the SSV is apples and oranges imo, because they are different types of vapes. As with most vapes, there are strengths and weaknesses in ALL models, as there is no one best vape.

I will preface this by saying that I have never hit from an SSV.

Pseudonymous said:
Which vape gets you the most mileage?" I described fairly well there why I think the SSV destroys the HA
Imo, the HA is superior to the SSV in many ways, including:

- versatility (multimode vs whip only)
- efficiency (can be used effectively, with much less bud)
- extraction efficiency (flow design)
- precision analogue temperature control
- ruggedness/durability (no glass to break)
- no drying/grinding needed (gets the most actives/tastes to the bowl)
- customer service (7th floor seems to be lacking in this area, recently)

Pseudonymous said:
The direct draw on the HA is really near worthless when compared to a real whip vape though.
It depends on what you want out of this mode. I prefer the smaller, more processable type draws, myself. They may not look as impressive as a huge cloud, but are just as effective, with less wasted on massive exhales, imo. Again, its a personal preference.

Pseudonymous said:
Why do you need to upgrade the pump? I know I havent and Ive tried a larger capacity model. I dont mind the slower bag fills (all of a couple of minutes). If you do need a larger pump, you can simply get an aquarium type at a store. AFAIK, the accessories at the 7th floor as uber expensive as well, and if you order online or by email, be prepared to wait or not get anything at all, if they forget or dont respond to your request, as has been experienced all to often lately.. HA customer service has always responded to me contacting them, and expedites things in a prompt matter.

Pseudonymous said:
I find the vapour from the HA to be very tasty in all modes, especially the bags. While continuous direct draw from any vape can dry your throat, I found that using soft silicone tubing over the HA mouthpiece helps improve the flow and cools the temperature of the vapour, nicely.

It is meant for nugs, with its superior extraction design, and there is no need to break up the buds, and therefore no mess or trouble. Not having to dry or grind your herb a big advantage, imo, as drying (especially with slight heat) can result in the loss of some of the volatiles that provide the pleasant aromas and tastes. Ive done side by side by side bag comparisons of the volcano/E/HA with the same strain of herb. Though all 3 provide good tasting, potent end product, Id have to say that the HA has a slight advantage in this area, imo.

Blunt:

I do have both the E and HA and like them both, for different reasons, Please refer to this review (from the extreme thread, part II) for more details:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=32&p=88 (post 2177).

If you require further information, I would welcome any emails from you at my FC addy: bretdodger@hotmail.com (not bretdodger(s), ok?).

In the end, each person has there own wants/needs/tastes on how they will use their vape and what they will expect from it.

BTW, thanks for the endorsement, FEAR420.

nicelytoasted,

Blunt

Bluntmaster
Thank you very much, I sent you an e-mail regarding all my questions thus far.

Blunt,

Beezleb

I dont understand the PMing of questions. If you have some questions ask them here so others can benefit just as you have benefited from others that came and asked questions here before you. Just my opinion.

Happy vaping!

Beezleb,

FEAR420

Beezleb said:
I dont understand the PMing of questions. If you have some questions ask them here so others can benefit just as you have benefited from others that came and asked questions here before you. Just my opinion.

Happy vaping!
Some people dont want to look foolish or uneducated....which is why Ive sent you a few emails so far ;)

FEAR420,

Blunt

Bluntmaster
I don't care I am foolish and uneducated, otherwise I wouldn't be asking for help, :p. If everyone was educated and not foolish than there would be no such thing as questions.

Blunt,
Top Bottom