Vaporizer Smell

jibbs

Okay, so I put "smell" into the search engine, combed through the first 4 pages of results and only came upon one thread that hinted towards a possible answer to my question. If I'm wrong in posting this and have overlooked an obvious route to an answer, I apologize in advance and thank anybody who could point me in the right direction.

So I want to make my weed habit healthier overall, and I figure that a vaporizer is the best way to go. My only issue is the possibility of a distinct smell that vaporizers might create. I've read conflicting views about the smell caused by vaping bud... Some that say vapes create virtually no smell so long as you hold the hit in long enough to absorb all the vapor, others that say there's a bit of a smell but nothing that a scented candle can't take care of, and others still that say the smell is pretty distinct but nowhere close to smelling as strong as straight up weed smoke.

What is you all's experience with vaporizers regarding smell? I've had a few issues with my neighbors about the hallway outside my front door reeking of pot, and I'm trying to avoid that situation ever happening again. Granted, I could just smoke outside the building, but that presents issues of a whole other sort. I'm trying to figure out a way to keep my habit inside the apartment, without any kind of smell creeping out my front door and into the hallway. Do you all think a vaporizer would be ideal for my situation, or am I basically wishing upon a star with this? I haven't extensively looked into the vape that'd be perfect for me, but the Magic Flight Lunch Box seems pretty ideal and, as of right now, it's the one I'm leaning towards the most.

jibbs,

SD_haze

A strong smell from a vaporizer requires big hits.
The smaller the cloud, the longer you hold it in, the less the smell.

Either way, there shouldn't be an issue of smell seeping under your door and being strong enough to smell in the hallway. It simply dissipates too quickly.

Smell issues with vapor really are only if someone walks INTO the room you've been blowing big vapor clouds in, or if you talk to someone really close after taking some big hits (thc breath). And of course the smell from just from opening jars and filling bowls.

You can use a smokebuddy or similar device but unless your neighbors are coming over for dinner, I don't think it would be real necessary.

SD_haze,

JustOnCloud9

Ate the Kumo Kumo no mi
bags also smell. i've had vapor seep through under my door when filling bags and I had towel under the door. using a whip or a glass and not exhaling big clouds will reduce the smell by alot. Or ghost a hit. I plan to buy a smokebuddy when I get my new vape.

JustOnCloud9,

Nycdeisel

I find most of the smell comes from opening jars and grinding buds. so if you only had to open up your stash jar once each day and grind some up just once , and get some air circulation going while you do this, the vapor only smells a lot if you exhale a good amount of it into the air.

generally, you need a lot of fresh air in your home anyway, by opening windows- so it should no doubt be used to aid in helping the vapor and smell to dissipate.

Nycdeisel,

vape4life

Banned for life
Smokebuddy works awesome! At one point I lived alone and just exhaled into the room air. Every single person that ever came over (even if i wasn't vaping) said the place smelled like weed. So I then switched to blowing into the smokebuddy and it doesn't smell like weed anymore.

vape4life,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I have a smoke buddy, but I don't use it anymore. I used it a total of maybe 3 times.

The smell from vaping goes away pretty quick. However, if you are grinding a bunch of stuff, or leave some stuff out, it will add to the smell. Add it all up - and it can be stinky.

My girlfriend doesn't enjoy vaping with me, and is usually quick to point it out - if it smells. She's usually across the room, and told me from time to time "it's stinky".

So, I used an old trick to get rid of the smell. No smoke buddy, no perfumes, no fans, buying incense etc etc...

1. Get a pot and boil a cup or two of water. By the time the pot is ready - your should be ready to vaporize (vaporizer is heating up, pack bowl etc).

2. Buy a bag of regular coffee, put a couple of spoons in the water. Now the room/house fills up with coffee vapor. Coffee smells really strong and will kill the vape smell ruthlessly.

3. You can blow your vapor directly into the pot, or maybe the coffee is between you and the door, so it will be a filter of sorts. No more smell, the coffee smell will linger much longer than the vape smell.
If you hate coffee or the smell, a bag of popcorn will work, I am sure there are other things you can boil for a strong smell also.

This method works perfectly for me, since my girlfriend LOVES the smell of coffee. :tup:

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
The mflb is pretty CAN go undetected if you are experienced with it. But it seems to me like you dont own a vaporizer and haven't vaped many times (please correct me if im wrong) The mflb is definitely not going to seep out into the hallway. But it seems like you are trying to stay in your apartment. So if your interested in the mflb and want to make it perfect for at home use buy a power adapter with it so it never runs out of power like the batteries do.

Whether you decide to purchase the mflb or not you should keep in mind that with any vape proper ventilation is key. An open window and a fan is ideal

elevation

I just wanted to say something that i have experienced in my 2,5 years of vaping.

I learned that the most important factor in smell with vapor is still the strain you use.
Whenever i have Blue Cheese, a strong haze strain or any other smelly strain you can bet people are going to smell it.

I NEVER have this problem when i use regular weed. So this is basically what i use whenever stealth is needed. Being from Amsterdam i have plenty choice of course.So it's easy for me to switch up strains whenever needed. It seems to me white widow for instance is not smelling at all..And even if you smell it, it is nothing like the typical marijuana smell when i freshly vaped a bowl of some Blue Cheese..Which
can make my room smell like it éven if it's just laying around.

Just my 2 cents on this..And vaping a good cured regular strain is still not a bad experience at all.

:peace:

elevation,

oneiros.

long lost dreamer
A few months ago when I was still leaving with my mom, she would always the smell if I was vaping with my MFLB on the room, and sometimes even from her room, but she does have a really good nose.

I'm now living in an apartment, blowing freely on the air with my SSV, and while I usually don't notice any immediate smell after blowing a cloud, I've noticed that the whole room now have a weed smell in general, no vapor smell, but the bud in question. I think that's due the fact that I have just one source of air, so the vapor just stays there, sticking to thing in general. I can burn incense, or diffuse some oils, and while they mask the smell, when they dissipate, the natural smell of the room is still like weed. The only thing that helps is washing the sheets, and cleaning the whole room.

Apart from that, if I vape on another part of my apartment where there is more air flowing, the smell is pretty much unnoticeable.

oneiros.,
Hmm, I do find my office smells like cannabis vapor immediately after a session, by the time a half hour to an hour has passed the smell is gone. Get a fan, blow the vapor out your window and invest in some Febreeze air freshener or some Ozium.

edit: I'll second the Smokebuddy, it really does eliminate the smell of smoke/vapor.

Also, block your door "jam" with a towel or blanket to keep the smell inside your room.

kingofnull,

vapirtoo

Aside from the basic smell of your buds, each vaporizer has a different aromatic footprint.
Leaky vapes such as a Vapir 5.0 quickly release a huge footprint while really tight vapes
such as most log vapes, the MFLB or the vapolution are very stealthy.

I find that an exhaust fan in a window is the best solution eventhough I watch the wind
direction and try to vape in a downwind area (prevailing wind can overcome the exhaust fan).
Try to think of your vape area as a clean room where air pressure only allows air in and you
are directing the high pressure out through a window or vent. Some well engineered bathrooms
do this.
I also have a major LEO family- 3 cops- right next door and since vaporizing they seem much
happier with me, and I bet they think that I have stopped smoking...... which I have. :ko:

vapirtoo,
Reactions: OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yeah from my experience living in a apartment, didnt really have much trouble with smell going into the hallway, even with using it right next to door, however smell does creep under my bedroom door into the hallway inside my apartment. Also gotta give props to the smoke buddy, helps immensly since moving home

Mynameismud,

Galactus

ok, so i recently just bought a Mendo Mulcher 2" Vape grinder, and its worth the money if you were wondering. But its not as airtight as i hoped, because after reading a few posts on how much to pregrind and just out of excitement i pregrinded about half a grams worth, which for me is near a weeks worth. This lead to the inevitable complaints of my room smelling. I never really had this problem before and it was quickly fixed after i put all my pregrind in an airtight container and keep the grinder in an airtight container.
But is there any way to minimize grinder smell while grinding? because obviously the finer the grind the more it smells and this is a very fine grinder..

Galactus,
Top Bottom