• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporizer Safety

decaptain

lwien, your point is absolutely valid but one does not hinder the other imo.toxicity from material is one thing, where your mouth has been the last 45 minutes another

decaptain,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Lwien,

...do any of you REALLY think about where their mouths could have been 45 minutes ago?

Even when keeping multiple mouthpieces clean & ready you can bet these are likely to remain unused if/when offered as an option only, at least that's what i've observed.

:peace:

Egzoset,

charlaleone

banned spam shill from vaporizerusa dot net
I'm totally weird about that. I DO NOT PASS MY VAPORIZER TO ANYONE! I don't know where their lips have been or what they have been licking! I think that's one thing I like about this hookah craze, they give you your own mouthpiece. I love my Blaze pen & I don't particularly like to share it...just for sanitary reasons. Don't feel alone on that one!

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations CharlaLeone,

...one thing I like about this hookah craze, they give you your own mouthpiece.

You're not alone for sure, options are nice so lets have multiple mouthpieces visible everywhere - flavours included (and colours too of course), but... How does it work then? Is a fragrance all that comes off of it?...

I figure it's not much trouble to keep some spare tubing + glass mouthpiece around, for group occasions. This is also a tool i like to have handy:

A spray bottle filled with 94 % concentrated grain alcohol.

:peace:

Egzoset,
Reactions: grokit

Seren

Away with the fairies
When I toked the thought of sharing germs would cross my mind occasionally, but I'd just get on with it and pass the J. However, since I've started vaping I've become increasingly fussy. I guess it's because I sometimes will use the same mouth piece/stem for a couple of days. I always offer my friends a clean stem/mouthpiece when they come around for a session - whilst I'm changing it over - so I guess I give them no choice but to take me up on my offer :D

clukx

i dont share my vapes with anyone except the gf usually but if i am showing one off to someone i try to wipe the mouthpiece if im not too vaped lol.

clukx,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Some time ago i got a bundle of old used chinese vapes for cheap from a forum member ,which i was planning on giving to some combusting friends/people in need.I got the herbstick eco,atmos boss,tvape,also had lying around my gfs old flowermate.. So i thought i check whats in there..I am not a tech guy but inside were absolute horrors.
The herbstick eco had chipped plastic pieces jiggling around beneath the heating chamber,isolation melted off the wires,i guess it has seen some drops and heavy use but degradation from heat on the materials was a fact.
Atmos boss had a silicon disc attached to the bottom of the heating chamber,separating it from wires which had enormous amount of soldiering on them + some was spilled on some other parts,i can say the craftsmanship has been really poor.I wouldnt breath on that if if they pay me a shit load.
Flowermate ,i have used it a lot ,but i am glad it broke so i could stop using it. Maybe others have seen it too ,there are many photos of opened units,but that shit that looks like toilet paper ,which was white in the begging,after the heavy use it has seen has become almost black.. + the heat tape has fallen off at places.
Tvape's insides were worst of all,they might be separated from airpath but ,i dont want these things no where near something that i breath. First there is a plastic capsule ,inside of it there is some purple isolation,which looks like fiberglass, and is dusting dark purple powder all around in clouds,almost inhaled that shit when i was messing with the disassembling..All that wrapped arround a metal tube which is as thin as foil,i even doubt it is stainless steel,for sure it is not 316S
I wouldnt go into further details,but i just wanted to share my huge disappointment of the materials used in something marketed as a safer alternative to combusting papers.

Abysmal Vapor,

grokit

well-worn member
@Abysmal Vapor
those are all chinese commodity vapes, which have never been at the forefront of vaporizer engineering material & safety protocols. There are quite a few other vapes made in the usa & europe (mostly), that do pay heed to this vital area of our medication ritual. As you know this is the place to learn about them.

:sherlock:

Abysmal Vapor

@Abysmal Vapor
those are all chinese commodity vapes, which have never been at the forefront of vaporizer engineering material & safety protocols. There are quite a few other vapes made in the usa & europe (mostly), that do pay heed to this vital area of our medication ritual. As you know this is the place to learn about them.

:sherlock:
Sure they are, and i agree that this is a place to learn and i am well familiar with all those nice vapes produced here and there ,but as you see were are more of a fan community than ,shelock homles tech guys who like to gut things out,and all those chinese cheapos get more positive feedback than negative here,i feel like there even are some people in general that would rather close their eyes for the truth then see it and have nightmares bout it afterwards .Most of the guys are happy to have something that gets the job done.They care for vaporizer safety as much as they cared for smoke harmfulness.. I personally have never bought a vape from China except the few x-max for people that would have purchased it locally for 4 times the price anyway,but i have seen quite a lot of the other shit n hands of my friends and their friends,
I would really like to be able to give everyone in the world a free high end vaporizer or at least convince my friends to get one but minimum salary here is 300$ a month and rents are sky high,most people can afford only to live a simple life,without many of benefits of the modern age.Most people drive 10-20 year old cars.I wont get further into drama but.. only 60% of the people here have access to internet or most those dont have the technology needed to access it too.

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: grokit

Katnip

Noooope, no sharing for me. I'm not worried about common germs, those get passed around money and I'm a cashier, so I generally have some badass person's immune system. Rest of me, not all that great. But I will NOT share spit or lip res with anybody in unknown states of health. There's a chance to me, paranoid maybe, that something major is hiding in their system just waiting to find immunity soldiers that weren't trained on how to defeat it. Meningitis or something that tier of "holy shit batman fuck" and just completely destroy me or set my progress now back a few decades. No, not gonna do it. My vape is always gonna be MYYYY vape. I'll share material if you really want some, though I doubt it judging by my weirdass body and how it works with stuff that isn't supposed to act the way it does. But I am not puff puff passing. nope. Vaping with others, sure, I'll totally do that. I'm not antisocial. But no touchie my vape with your germs.

Abysmal Vapor

Noooope, no sharing for me. I'm not worried about common germs, those get passed around money and I'm a cashier, so I generally have some badass person's immune system. Rest of me, not all that great. But I will NOT share spit or lip res with anybody in unknown states of health. There's a chance to me, paranoid maybe, that something major is hiding in their system just waiting to find immunity soldiers that weren't trained on how to defeat it. Meningitis or something that tier of "holy shit batman fuck" and just completely destroy me or set my progress now back a few decades. No, not gonna do it. My vape is always gonna be MYYYY vape. I'll share material if you really want some, though I doubt it judging by my weirdass body and how it works with stuff that isn't supposed to act the way it does. But I am not puff puff passing. nope. Vaping with others, sure, I'll totally do that. I'm not antisocial. But no touchie my vape with your germs.
I feel the same as you buddy.. The more the years past ,the more my alien germophobia rises :D.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Squiby

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I don't care, don't clean or wipe mouthpieces, I'm glad to share my vapes or bubblers with anyone and a bit of saliva doesn't gross me out.
You are a bunch of fussies!

The Beagle,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I went to a cannabis farmers market a few years ago and they had a smoking lounge. I would bring my vaporizer. Some folks were interested in learning about the vaporizer I was using but not many. Most were combusters. It was a pretty smokey place. There were actually alcohol wipes at the tables. Some folks were using vape pens as well, probably using concentrates. I had met and found a fellow FC member there with her vaporizer. . When we started talking we realized we had already met on FC. We were FC sisters. It was @Enchantre. What a surprise that was for both of us. I actually started crying. i used an alcohol wipe and tried out her vaporizer. She tried out mine. She was using the Elevape and I was using the Solo I think. Another time she brought her Enano with her j hook. That had me sold on the nano. I bought 2 a couple months later.

I don't share vaporizer normally either. I do let my brother use my vaporizers but I give him his own stem. Also I have a best friend that I occasionally share my vape with. I give her, her own glass stem to use or we both use separate vapes.

I usually vape alone. My husband doesn't use cannabis because of drug testing associated with his job.

Last edited:
Top Bottom