Vaporizer Recommendations

I am a newbie to the whole vaporizing thing. A friend of mine recommended this site and only vapes. He has me convinced to quit burning DaWeed. Now, I was hoping I could get a recomendation on a good vaporizer as a first buy. I am looking for an everyday vape. Any suggestions or ones that I should stay clear away from would be great. Also, ease of operation would be key since I am new to this (and will be stoned using it). Thanxs in advance.

PuffinPaul,
I read this article prior to my post.
1. Price is not my concern
2. I would like one that is more efficient
3. The delivery would be for myself and the occasional guest
4. Stealth would be nice but not a priority
5. Ease of operation would be at the top with efficient.

I don't want to buy one and spend 500 and be unhappy with it. I am pretty sure I do not want a bag system but that's about all I know right now.

PuffinPaul,

tuttle

PuffinPaul said:
That sounds like a Purple Days, Myrtle Zap, or Woodeez to me.

tuttle,

CrazyCracker

Yep sounds like a PD, if price isnt a concern I might pick up a PD and
1)a SSV
or
2)Vriptech heat wand.

Good luck, Im happy with my PD, about to start an xmas session. :brow:

CrazyCracker,

lwien

PuffinPaul said:
I read this article prior to my post.
1. Price is not my concern

I don't want to buy one and spend 500 and be unhappy with it. I am pretty sure I do not want a bag system but that's about all I know right now.
Purple Days if ya don't mind waiting about 10 weeks to get it.
MyrtleZap if ya don't mind brass in your vape along with only a 90 day warranty (although I believe that Rick will stand behind his product for longer than that.)

Efficiency and ease of operation is the name of the game for the above two vapes.

lwien,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Yup sounds like one of the wooden ones. No need to adjust temp, it's the most efficent design and they don't look like a vape unless your using it.

The heatwand isn't a very good choice if your lookin to conserve. It still uses less than combusting but it's not even close to one of the wooden ones(pd, mz, wdz).

I'm not a fan of whips but that's me. To each their own.

minnesnowta,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
All good advice!! I'd get the PD and then if you're in need of a portable you could check out the Magic Flight Launch Box or the Iolite. Then you'd be covered at home and away :D

Lo,
thanxs guys for all your help. I am going to order the PD today (10-12 weeks:mad: to get) in the mean time I will search out a quality portable to get me through the next 3 months.

PuffinPaul,

FEAR420

PuffinPaul said:
thanxs guys for all your help. I am going to order the PD today (10-12 weeks:mad: to get) in the mean time I will search out a quality portable to get me through the next 3 months.
Seriously...you can do just as good as the PD. But it seems to be the uber fanboi vape around here so Im just gonna shut up & move along...All I can say is do some more of your OWN RESEARCH. Theres plenty of other vapes out there that'll suite you BESIDES THE PD.

FEAR420,

flanman

FEAR420 said:
PuffinPaul said:
Seriously...you can do just as good as the PD. But it seems to be the uber fanboi vape around here so Im just gonna shut up & move along...All I can say is do some more of your OWN RESEARCH. Theres plenty of other vapes out there that'll suite you BESIDES THE PD.
mz & wdz

flanman,

foglights

FEAR420 said:
PuffinPaul said:
taking puffinpauls criteria into account, the pd is basically a perfect fit.

puffinpaul is trying to do his own research. he doesnt need advice from someone on something they have no first hand experience with. nice of you to say all that after he ordered one too.

foglights,

FEAR420

foglights said:
FEAR420 said:
PuffinPaul said:
taking puffinpauls criteria into account, the pd is basically a perfect fit.

puffinpaul is trying to do his own research. he doesnt need advice from someone on something they have no first hand experience with. nice of you to say all that after he ordered one too.
Do you own one or know how the ordering process works??? And last I checked this a public forum in which people are entitled to THEIR OWN OPINIONS.If he already ordered one,thats his problem,not mine...I did research before I bought my vapes,LOTS OF IT. I also cant help the fact that this forum is biased towards the PD...if I had listened to all the PD hype I heard,Id still be waiting to vape....

FEAR420,
well, after looking more into it. I have purchased DaBuddah and an Iolite (not so happy with the iolite, different subject) but Dabuddah is perfect for me. It gives huge hits and really doesn't waste any. Plus I got it right away and for a far less amount which is why I purchased the Iolite. I am hoping the Iolite is just a matter of me getting more familiar with the device but so far kind of disappointed in it. Anyways thanxs for all your help.

PuffinPaul,

FEAR420

PuffinPaul said:
well, after looking more into it. I have purchased DaBuddah and an Iolite (not so happy with the iolite, different subject) but Dabuddah is perfect for me. It gives huge hits and really doesn't waste any. Plus I got it right away and for a far less amount which is why I purchased the Iolite. I am hoping the Iolite is just a matter of me getting more familiar with the device but so far kind of disappointed in it. Anyways thanxs for all your help.
Good for you man! The DBV is an awesome piece of vapeware. Just make sure you play with the temp dial & learn your limits.:D

FEAR420,

Beezleb

I recommend putting a mousepad in front of the DBV so if you accidentally pull out the whip while getting used to it, it likely falls on the mouse pad. Only an issue with use of a new tubing and with new people. I always break one out when I have company or am showing the vape to someone.

Beezleb,
thats a good idea. I have been keeping it on the rug for the same reason. Good thing about the DBV is if u spill it's only some vaped up weed. This is quite easy to clean up as opposed to spilling a bong's stinky water that u can never get out of the carpet.

This iolite is stilla disappointment. I am just hoping with a little more practice:D I will figure this thing out. I did bring it to the movies yesterday to see Avatar in 3d. U can totally use it in this type of enviroment and there were a decent amount of people at this show.

Any hints on the Iolite would be awesome.

PuffinPaul,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
I'm really pulling for you, Paul! If I hear good things from you, I will be strongly thinking about getting an IOlite. Yes, I could read the IOlite thread, but you seem to be going kind of more the same thing I am. I figure if it can't compete with the better home vapourizers, then I might as well just bring a pipe.

Pseudonymous,

vape4health

Paul , I got a Iolite also and was not happy with it at first . I had been using Ronson butane and I'm 100% sure that was the problem , it was hard to start , hits sucked I never got visable vapor , it would brown the herb but it would take like 30 minutes . I started using Vector and after about 2 to 3 weeks of only using vector it started running all around better , now it starts with the first click and I get better hits .

Look into the Magic-Flight Lunch Box for a portable , its a tiny bit harder to use then the Io but after you get it down :ko: :brow:

vape4health,

albe

i'm getting decent hits off my iolite too now, had it for a month or two. Initially i was using it for already vaped bud to stretch it out a bit, it does get a decent return from the stuff thats still greenish. With fresh buds its very good for me tho a little harsh at times, i've started using the tubing now though.

With the gas, i was having problems with refills. Now i'm tending to fill and just leave it on till it runs out. Pretty wasteful on butane (vector i'm using) but i'm getting less of that spluttering now when its half filled or near empty. I tend to only use my Iolite once or twice a week ... wouldn't recommend this for daily use though, would churn through the butane pretty quick. Its quite hard to guess how much is still in there... a meter of some sort would be very helpful!!!

albe,
Alright, after a couple of weeks with the Iolite I seem to have figured this sucker out. I have found that turning it on and letting it heat up for about 4-5 minutes then filling the chamber and letting it cycle about 3-4 times and your ready to vape. The manual says you can hit it every 30 seconds (bull shit) I have also found that after each hit you will need to let it cycle 2-3 times before it's ready to hit again.
I would say that overall I am happy with the Iolite. The downfalls, can be somewhat noisy and the butane chamber is small and with having to leave it on you will burn through alot of butane if you were to use this as an everyday vape. The stealth of it is awesome though, have brought it to the movies twice and vaped out with no problems.

PuffinPaul,

KuMaK

Im having serious problems with my Iolite, as I have pointed out on another thread. I wont go into it here again but basically mine will light eventually but when it goes to reheat the pilot light wont start and butane just keeps going, I live in Ireland so I can send it back however I have nothing else to vape with while its gone home to get fixed :(

I have been trolling these threads for months now doing research on vapes as I knew nothing before the iolite, and I need a vape for home use as over use is probly what screwed up the iolite.

Anyway PD is out unless I can get one second hand which is doubtful, so Ive been thinking SSV or DBV however when I see them they look very complicated and delicate, glass mouth pieces and whips etc dont do it for me.

So Im looking for something thats simple, easy to maintain and doesnt look like a massive bong.
Ive been looking at the HerbalAire, since its got the option of bags or not, however Im sure on the Vape itself.

Im willing to go up to 250 euro or so, or if someone can say that the Volcano origional is worth the money I may go down that road as I like the idea that I can see the vapour in the bag, and once thats done its done.
I seem to be sucking on the iolite for 30-40 mins to make sure I use up all the good stuff !

KuMaK,

FEAR420

I would recommend the HerbalAire H2.1 if youre efficiency minded & the new Extreme-Q if efficiency isnt the main concern. They both perform equally well at all 3 tasks,but from what I hear the HA shines at bags & the E shines at Whip hits. Both cost the same and do the same 3 functions. This way you cover all your vaping bases at a reasonable price with a quality product.The HA being slightly more efficient than the Extreme due to use of the crucibles.

FEAR420,
Top Bottom