• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporizer Desired Outcomes

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
At the heart of a vaporizer's value seem to be healthy and effecient consumption. Early units used AC power and portables broke into the game with butane and batteries. Early leaders in the market had units that were "pocketable" and the soldering iron days of old where forgotten. Lithium ion batteries coupled with electronics driving conduction ovens are hard to beat for size and battery efficiency and are flooding the market in droves. The latest craze seems to be with the oil which is the holy grail of convenience and the general population is happiest with a leak proof atty on top a high tech Mini 50 watt mod box... And who doesn't want perfect vapor instantly with near zero maintainance and a grand low cost supply of hardware via the e-cig craze.

So, it appears health & effecienty are followed by cost, size, speed, hi-tech, battery "life", acceptance...

But what if we just talk about our desired outcome that we are looking for. Healthy, flavorful, effecient, combustion-less delivery of herbal flower (assumption)

So, ideally then, we want a small object that would accept small to large dosages of medicinal herb easily and will deliver optimum vapor on-demand.

So, without describing the device specifically what is your ideal way to commune with your medicine? Do you want it to just take unprepared flowers? Would you miss the ritual of communing with your medicine? How many draws is ideal? How often do you want that many draws? Do you have medical conditions that need to be overcome like trouble with flow restriction?

For me, 90% of my usage should be covered by a device that could deliver 5-10 draws every two hours. 10% of the time I would exceed this demand but believe if the energy replenishment time was 15 minutes or less or immediate, cost effective, replaceable energy sources where available all my usage demands would be met. I would want "soiled" or fragile parts to be replaceable with low purchasing and shipping cost. I would want the device to fit in the palm of my hand and not have any parts that could be damaged when dropped. I would prefer to have a fast and standard way to charge the device if electric. Preferably USB or non-contact charging. Ideally it would be able to rapidly accept and reject fresh and spent loads and would work with a capsule system as well as a straight load... And, or course, it's made of all natural materials :)

So, what is your dosing profile? Do you micro dose like @pakalolo ? Do you like to blow clouds like @IAmKrazy2 and @DieHard ?

What are your desired outcomes that you require a device provide you?

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i give this a lot of thought, and i have concluded that there is no extraction technique that i am comfortable with. when i look at the trichomes on the herb, i just don't see bubble bags or a tumbler removing the sessile trichomes, and in the samples i examine these are at least 50% of the trichomes. so, a fluid extraction can get both kinds, but for me at too high a cost of danger and post processing to remove plant contaminants ... maybe a press, but there will still be plant waxes to remove ... the technology is just not there yet.

so herb it is. And, that makes it much easier to be sure of the quality ... for me it is organic, only!!!

and regarding battery technology ... the ideal configuration + energy delivery is just not there yet, for it to be integral to the vape.

after i gave up combustion, this is what i settled on ...
  • function: load .1g, turn it on, take 10 hits, and put it away - all within 8 minutes ... with no thought given to the process ... set the temperature and forget about it.
  • direct vapor: from herb - to draw tube - to lungs ... no bong/water to mess with, the draw tube cools the vapor and shows the vapor density.
  • pure vapor: where the vapor path is through borosilicate glass ... only air and herb.
  • user feedback: to know the vape is operating correctly, and the herb is the problem ... if there is a problem.
  • dependable: the vape should just work ... or be fixed - no charge, no questions asked.
  • power: interchangeable battery packs, with 80A plugs, 90 minute run time, 90 minute recharge time ... AC power can't touch 70A batteries ... and i just say no to butane.
  • safe: doesn't get too hot to hold after 3 (or 4) back to back to back (to back) sessions ... no koozies or wrist bands needed for insulation.
  • small: easy to hold in one hand.
  • complete: all pieces and parts in one case ... discrete, convenient, portable.
i vape at home, and it very much is a ritual ... repeated 5 to 6 times per day ... or taken as needed.

... and i won't have it any other way.

herbivore21

For me, herb vaping is for passing the time and cloud chasing for the hell of it, not for meeting my medical needs (flower vaping is too time consuming to get useful doses for most of my medical needs, also produces much greater irritation of my throat by the time I've vaped enough flower vs using concentrate instead). Flower just doesn't really give me the effects I need - this will be different for others of course.

However, @Hippie Dickie, research comparing the quantity and active content of the various kinds of trichomes has found that sessile trichomes tend to have 1/8th of the total volume of a capitate stalked trichome (which are the ones we are largely collecting with hash techniques - see http://www.gwpharm.com/uploads/finalfullthesisdjpotter.pdf for some of this data on p. 75, other sources that I am drawing on here are sadly not found in freely available/open literature). Moreover, the same research found that sessile trichomes tend to be found in 1/5 of the quantity on the most densely trich-covered parts of the plants tested vs capitate stalked trichomes. Combining these findings, according to this data we can see that 40x as much resin content will be accounted for in the capitate stalked trichomes vs sessile trichomes.

It is also noted that sessile trichomes tend to produce less cannabinoid content relative to the volume of the trichome cavity compared to capitate stalked trichomes. This increases that 40 fold difference even more so! Essentially, sessile trichome heads account for a very small part of the resin content of the plant.

This is summarized in the above GW source saying:

"This suggests that, on tissues that have abundant capitate stalked trichomes, the sessile trichomes population would have minimal influence on the overall cannabinoid potency and profile of that tissue."

Another quote after detailed analyses of the content of a variety of isolated sessile trichomes and isolated glandular stalked trichomes resolved that:

"On a mature flowering plant, the cannabinoid content of the sessile trichomes has an almost negligible influence on the total cannabinoid content."

As somebody who has experience with producing high quality extracts using almost all known solventless and solvent based methods, as well as plenty of experience vaping flowers in all kinds of vapes - I find that a small dab of full melt keeps me medicated for longer than a larger dab of rosin, which keeps me medicated for longer than the same amount of traditional solvent based extracts. Full melt and rosin both exceed the efficiency of just vaping the flowers that they came from for my needs. I find that whilst solvent extracts do keep me medicated for longer than the equivalent quantity of the same flowers, they do not have such a 'broad' effect vs rosin, the original flowers or especially full melt. I chalk this up to a narrower chemical profile in the solvent extract vs solventless extracts and flowers. This is because the more volatile of the terps are lost due to heat used in purging - this is actually a problem in traditional vacuum purging of BHO too, since even though a very low heat is usually used, the negative vacuum reduces the boiling points of the rest of your extract, including the volatile terps that already are at risk of boiling away at low temp at atmospheric pressure (exceptions exist, for example using a multiple vacuum pump based system making use of a molecular pump or similar to create a positive gauge pressure somewhere shy of half an mBarre).

Now it is inescapable that when I make full melt, I tend to get about 2/3 of the yield I'd get from rosin or solvents. However, I find smaller dabs of full melt to be as effective as a dab of rosin almost twice as big. I don't use solvent based methods except for reclaim these days because I prefer high terpene solventless extracts for my anti-depressant needs (the benefits of higher terpene retaining extracts for this purpose vs flowers or other extracts cannot be overstated here!). Basically, less full melt lasts me longer than more rosin, which in turn lasts me longer than solvent extracts and flowers. If I were to vape the same amount of flowers that my weekly usage of full melt was extracted from, I'd find that most of my medical needs would go unmet.

It is not more efficient to vape a given sample of flowers vs the highest quality extracts that could be made from said flowers IME. YMMV with lesser stuff of course, but full melt IME is the holy grail when it comes to flavor, effects and efficiency. This is why these days, full melt is primarily what I consume. The trouble with full melt is having the self-control to not keep dabbing more of it past what you need because it is so damned delicious and watching the melt is so enjoyable :lol:

Also those waxes are also being volatilized when you vape your flowers, along with various other plant content that isn't present when you make extracts, so if a shortcoming of rosin pressing is that there are still extraneous compounds like waxes to remove then this is even more true of flowers! :2c::peace:

Last edited:

TeeJay1952

Grand Daughter is 27 yr old Asst Manager at a Tim Horton's. She is single Mom. Very little money to spare and discretion is highest importance. CO2 carts last her a month and SHHHHHHHH.
I am old fart with all time and money, I am out of closet. Piles of vape crap everywhere and consider myself a kind of sewer (connoisseur). I want taste, clouds and since it all goes into cookie jar efficiency in extraction comes last.

I told you before if you want to widen your base include cart add on. Nicotine users while pitied have acceptable currency.
It is up to you. Do you want to be a Legend amongst enthusiasts or more money, more money, more money.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Wow! Happy my post is drawing some attention from the FC experts. So, concentrates are in the mix here, just not oils as I believe commercial technology (e-cig tank atty) is already mature and I don't care for corporate ;)

Great list @DDave... So I am going to add too and summarize here...

At the top I think health, taste and efficiency drive us to vape. When we do we desire:

1. Ease of use
2. Rapid extraction
3. Full extraction
4. Pure flow path
5. Adjustable temperatures
6. Adjustable load size (flower and concentrate)
7. Easily cleanable and serviceable

@Hippie Dickie hit many of these as well so I added...

8. Cool vapor without secondary cooling device (water tool etc)
9. Reliable with cast, low cost repair
10. Rapid recharge time
11. Diagnostics
12. Safe (burns, shock, contaminants)
13. Integrated - no, few removable parts
14. Small, discreet, pocketable

And @TeeJay1952 added

15. Leverage existing technology
16. The ability to do all forms of herb and extract

Can we add...
Visually appealing
Ergonomic and natural feeling
High in value

So, with all these desired outcomes give me you Willie Wonka idealized utopian description of the steps you would take to interface with a device during your typical session. What desired outcomes are most important to you?

Last edited:

Baron23

On another board I posed a similar question. My motivation was seeing posts on particular vape where some people have real issues getting it to work well for them and this is often countered by "but it has the best flavor". Me....personally....flavor is nice but is not my objective. I would NOT drink near-Scotch for the flavor alone...I want the effect. Same with cannabis....what I want first and foremost is the effect.

Also, in my opinion, concentrates are easy to vape. They are not a technical challenge. Heck, most of this stuff is pretty volatile anyway...just need to add a bit of heat. Extracting cannabinoids from a plant matrix is an entirely different story.

For concentrates I would like,

1. NO LEAKING - sealed atomizers (I'm ignoring bangers and nails and aiming this at portable coil or disk type atomizers)
2. Clean vape surface....quartz, ceramic...just want nice clean vapor
3. Adjustable temperatures (variable watt/volts, temp control, fine increments of adjustment
4. Ease of cleaning atomizer
5. Battery life and operator changeable battery

With regards to herb, which is the real challenge, my priorities are (well, at the moment):

1. Full, effective, consistent extraction
2. Ease of use - no special technique or body English needed to get it to work
3. Reliable and maintainable
4. Quick pre-heat time/no pre-heat time
5. Adjustable temperatures in one degree increments
6. Somewhat small load size (e.g. .2 g or less) with the ability to operate well with partial loads
7. Cool vapor without secondary cooling device (water tool etc)
8. Battery life and operator changeable battery
9. Easily cleanable and serviceable

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

Communing with the herb is one of my favourite things to do. I consider grinding before each session as my ritual, finishing off with my MFLB fine grinder and using that credit card to get a nice and neat pile. It's hard to explain why this is so satisfying--it just is. I even enjoy dumping out the ABV afterwards and seeing how evenly extracted my vape made it. This is why I sincerely hope that in the distant future, loose herb doesn't become obsolete in the industry and get replaced by pods. Nothing wrong with buying pods, just don't phase out the loose herbs please!
Another reason I don't want herbs to go away is because I am not a concentrate guy and NEVER will be. This is partly because I'm a microdoser (@ 5 little draws per sesh after work- and I get ALL the effects and benefits I'm after with just top shelf flowers, and I want to keep it that way) and partly because concentrates irritate my throat more, but also because I just think there's something special about flower-- it has a soul to it that concentrates don't have. This is all my humble opinion, but concentrates represent the cold, industrial world we already live in where humanity has all but forgotten about the natural environment we used to have before everything became super convenient and technological thanks to the industrial revolution. Hard to believe that my method could one day be considered "old school". I would hate to live in a time where marijuana across the board is available only in concentrated form. I love flower, I love prepping flower, and it's all I'll ever need--- not only does it "do it" for me in every possible way, but it makes me feel connected to the natural world, the way the world was before humans came along and fucked it all up.
There are plenty of vapes out there that adequately serve my above needs and like I've said before, it's an exciting time to be picking up this hobby.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Above all it has to be reliable.

I'm not interested in features and benefits that are irrelevant because the device doesn't work. This seems to be a huge problem in the vaporizer community and it's unacceptable for a medical patient. I feel like this is overlooked as most forums are enthusiast communities and don't represent the mass market who does not have numerous back up or alternative vaporizers should something happen to their unit.

It's different selling to someone currently using a glass pipe versus someone who talks about "vapor signatures."

herbivore21

Here's a big one I want to mention here.

Absolutely no wood in the airpath will be tolerated by this herbivore in a new vape. In my view, if you use wood, it should be an external component that has no contact with the vapor. Wood alters the taste of vapor and absorbs huge amounts of reclaim over time (especially through concentrate use) and is difficult to clean.

Preferably no silicone or other polymers in the airpath either. Inert surfaces that can be cleaned with high heat and solvents are a must.

hinglemccringleberry

Absolutely no wood in the airpath will be tolerated by this herbivore in a new vape. In my view, if you use wood, it should be an external component that has no contact with the vapor. Wood alters the taste of vapor and absorbs huge amounts of reclaim over time (especially through concentrate use) and is difficult to clean.
So does that rule out the Sticky Bricks? I know they have piping in most of the airpath, but IDK if 100% of it is isolated from the wood. On the Junior it appears that a few areas are not isolated (like the herb chamber itself), and I can't tell if the tunnel at the bottom that connects the intake half and output half of the vape has any piping or if it's just wood in there. And I'm too embarrassed to ask this in the SBJ thread. Lol

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

Baron23

Preferably no silicone or other polymers in the airpath either. Inert surfaces that can be cleaned with high heat and solvents are a must.
That might also put you off on the CFV from Boundless as they have some wooden chamber rings (also quarts and some metal perhaps??? Can't remember).

Baron23,

babybender

Regulated temperature would be nice to see in future RBT vapes, as Baron mentioned. It's the only thing stopping me from ordering a Milaana.

babybender,
Reactions: KeroZen

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
pure glass path
cleanable path
temp control
short airpath
water conditioning
filter on the vape intake
easy to repair (even if the manufacturer goes under)

When I am home I do this:

9fv381fRq4ToQ.gif

I take 2-3 five second draws off 0.7-0.1X grams.

flavor is nice but is not my objective. I would NOT drink near-Scotch for the flavor alone...I want the effect.

Terpenes do stuff. You want flavor if you want the full effect. Cannabis is closer to aromatherapy than drinking.
http://hightimes.com/grow/10-terpenes-found-in-cannabis/

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
An on demand vaporizer that can be a session vape too.
Taste
Size - I like a small powerhouse. I don't like big vaporizers
Cannabis but also can be used with waxes using a medium such as cotton or hemp fiber
Glass Air-path that's sturdy
Adjustable temp. with lighted dial
Portability
Conserves cannabis
User replaceable batteries lasting 1 hour approx.
Under $250
Included GonG
Wide array of glass mouthpieces available to buy
Auto turn off after 15 min feature that can be turned on or off
Can also be used plugged in without battery
Different styles to choose from
Can be a heavy hitter or not - with a temp dial that you can dial in for hard of soft hits
3-5 year warranty - 10 year warranties are nice but hard on a company financially

Good customer service is a must wherever you buy, the manufacturer or the online store.

Last edited:

Baron23

pure glass path
cleanable path
temp control
short airpath
water conditioning
filter on the vape intake
easy to repair (even if the manufacturer goes under)

When I am home I do this:

9fv381fRq4ToQ.gif

I take 2-3 five second draws off 0.7-0.1X grams.

Terpenes do stuff. You want flavor if you want the full effect. Cannabis is closer to aromatherapy than drinking.
http://hightimes.com/grow/10-terpenes-found-in-cannabis/

Ah, I do understand that. I also understand that you can get great taste from anemic vapor from a vaporizer that just ain't cutting it (I think of some folks FF2 experience....and I'm sure others).

I stand by my statement, I'm into it primarily for effect. Yes, effect is enhanced by terps and so I want my terps vaped also...not for the taste but for the effect. Taste is nice to have.

Cannabis is not at all like aromatherapy to me personally and I have been consuming it for a very long time. My only point was I don't drink Scotch just for the taste and and think that really when people talk about good tasting Scotch they mean it tastes good for being ethyl alcohol (right, I mean it doesn't taste good like a nice bowl of ice cream, yeah?). If there was no effect (as in no alcohol), I predict that most Scotch drinkers wouldn't actually drink it.

Likewise, if cannabis was just aromatherapy and didn't have more direct euphoric and medical effects, I would not spend the money on it.

So, we each have our own set of priorities and goals for vapes....mine may not match yours, but I listed mine and I stand by them.

Peace brother.

Last edited:
Baron23,
Reactions: Xelatsok

Farid

I think a lot of how I use is situational. If I am living a very hectic schedule then I prefer having an oil pen so that I can medicate quickly and discreetly. If I have time to relax I prefer to vape flowers. If my situation was different, and I had only access to say, European hash, then my needs would be very different. Likewise if I was living with people who I had to hide my usage from I would want a vaporizer that looked inconspicuous. If I didn't care, I wouldn't mind, and might prefer a vaporizer that looks like a smoking device.

In an ideal world I would only vape full melt dry sift or water sifted hash, and I wouldn't have to choose between oil for on the go and flowers for at home. Right now the vapcap is the only vape I have that would do well with that. The firewood looks like a good electronic vape for full melt since it is capable of higher temps, and it has the capsules. Other portable flower vapes would work as well, but many have a bowl that is much bigger, so energy is wasted in the heating process.

In future legal states, I see most cannabis vapers gravitating towards oil and pens on the go and flowers and dabbing at home. I see myself and other more picky users who have been vaping for a long time going the route of herbivore 21 and vaping fine hashes in flower vaporizers. It would be too expensive for me to try and make enough full melt to sustain my usage in the current situation here in MA, but if legalization passes in a few weeks then things could change big time.

Farid,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
my goto is definitely flowers, but some ability to do concentrates is a definite plus. Right now I don't see much need for advancement over the e-nano in a desktop, but I am leaning Milaana for a portable.

I often vape 2-3 e-nano stems of generally 3-4 hits per stem. But I often top up with a single stem after a while. In a portable I'd like to equal that, but want some sort of rapid heatup since it wouldn't be left on like the nano, and I definitely don't want a large bowl that gets cooked when not actively hitting it.

Easy ability to adapt to water is key, the ability for clouds when I need to medicate heavily/quickly is a plus.
Nothing but glass and plant material and maybe a metal screen in the airpath.
easy loading e-nano style is a plus. just 'suck' up the ground flowers, insert stem into nano.
easily cleanable and replaceable parts, standard batteries.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
This is an interesting thread. I keep gravitating towards long, slow sessions where I wait between pulls. Just sipping on vapor ever now and then. I like to take my time with a bowl and not rush it, relax.
I really like using a water tool for how smooth my vapor gets, but it changes the way I vape a session. The hits get bigger, and I'm done too soon so another bowl gets packed.

Anyway, I only use flowers, I don't save any reclaim or typically even save my spent herb, as it's typically dark coffee brown.

For me reliability, simplicity, and on demand are the things I now look for when looking into a vaporizer.

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: TeeJay1952

btka

as mainly a recreational user... and former combuster

I would like a vape which acts like smoking a joint....
I do not want to suck on the vape for several seconds for a big cloud... (it should be like smoking)
I do not wish to learn how to draw (operate the vape)...
As far as I am coming from combustion I like big visual clouds...
I would like that every hit I take from the vape tastes like the first hit rich in terpenes (in the old combustion days every hit tasted the same)
it should be small and portable made out of safe materials (glass, stainless steel, titanium, zirconia, wood....)
It should be efficient in terms off I do not want to use more herb then in the old combustion days...
I want to use it without extra cooling, it should also be descreet
batteries should be swapable and long lasting... Would be nice if one battery would be enough for all the day...
maybe something like a filter which collects small particals in the vapor...

at the end I started vaping because of health reasons and I am all the time in the search of a vape that best mimics my old smoking behaviour... I know that will be if ever possible in the far future but in my opinion that is the core of vas for a lotmof vapor enthusiatsts

natural farmer

OK, I'll bite! :D

I still like the ritual of preparing my medicine and I think it adds to the experience quite a lot!
The ritual for me starts with growing the medicine, out in the hot summer sun following natural farming technics, fully organically, in a clean and biodiverse environment.
I had the chance to do it just once so far, growing my two plants from random seeds from flowers I liked during the past years. I was "lucky" enough with one of the plants and grew a medicine of such amazing quality that I 've never been able to match so far, be it from outdoor grows, perfectly controlled indoors or imported ones from Holland. I want to believe that that seed combined with the farming technics I used made this possible. Everyone that tried agreed it was something extra special.
The experience of watching the plants grow and being able to touch, smell and taking care of them for 6+ months was one of the best experiences in my life.
After that comes the curing and the growing anticipation of the end result.
In the end the ritual continues with the opening of the jar, the picking of the flower, the careful grinding in a quality tool, the packing in a small storage case and then the loading in the vape of choice.
So yes, the ritual is very very important to me. :nod:
When it comes to loading I want to keep things simple and quick. Open the container, dip the stem/vape in it, load the needed quantity, close the container and of we go. :)

Then comes the ritual of vaping itself. :tup:

There I want my vape as small as possible, ideally in the form of a cigarette. Something I can hold with a few fingers, something light and if needed stealthy. Something I can always have with me and take anywhere I go, ideally in my pocket, but a small waist purse would still be OK.
I want to take a hit whenever I want in a few seconds and not waste the whole load if I don't need a session. And I want that hit tasty, potent, thick, full bodied and as smooth as possible.
I want it ideally to be simple in it's usage so I can share with friends. But I don't mind a little technic involved. Friends come second. I can have a more automatic back up for them. :p
I also want it to be economical energy-wise and never been left out of juice. I prefer butane than expensive batteries, which need to be replaced every year or less, for that reason but maybe in the future this changes with cheaper batteries that last much longer and have a ridiculous lifespan. :p
When the load is cached I want to be able to unload it in seconds and be able to load the next one immediately.
I also want my vape weather-proof so I can enjoy it anywhere at whatever conditions.
Finally I want it to be a work of art, beautiful, organic to the touch, built from sustainable materials and procedures so it has minimum negative footprint to the environment. I care about myself and the rest of the world. :)

I think you know where I am heading with this.... I need a combination of a Vapcap and a Milaana with the power of a Supreme if possible!!! :rockon: :lol:
Vapcap is pretty close actually. If a Dynastash comes out where the stash department is an electric heating station it will be very close to be perfect. :nod: A larger bowl and some more convection elements would make it the ultimate vape ever! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: I dream of a Vapcap and a Milaana heating element inside a Dynastash made of all kinds of exotic woods. Something tough, durable, practical and exquisitely beautiful!

Do I want that much? :ko:

I think it's really doable actually... ;)

Farid

Natural Farmer hit the nail on the head for me at least. I agree with pretty much everything he said. Especially when he talks about his ideal vape being a vapcap with more convection and the option of a dugout/electronic heater.

I don't know if vapcap's clicking design would work with this idea, but this is what I imagine: The clicking part of the cap would just be a cylinder (so like a toilet roll shape, still with the digger outer of course). The TI tip would be redesigned so that there is a section in front of the bowl pack which is made of a metal or wire mesh. Instead of the cap being over the oven it would be over that metal mesh heating element. The cap would be designed to click at a higher temperature, and the device would work more like a log vaporizer, cashing the load in one hit. It would have a very different vapor profile from the vapcap, but it would have the same awesome function.

Like a log, you would have to draw quickly, as drawing too slowly could risk combustion. I love the vapcap, but a full extraction takes more than 1 hit for me usually.

natural farmer

Natural Farmer hit the nail on the head for me at least. I agree with pretty much everything he said. Especially when he talks about his ideal vape being a vapcap with more convection and the option of a dugout/electronic heater.

I don't know if vapcap's clicking design would work with this idea, but this is what I imagine: The clicking part of the cap would just be a cylinder (so like a toilet roll shape, still with the digger outer of course). The TI tip would be redesigned so that there is a section in front of the bowl pack which is made of a metal or wire mesh. Instead of the cap being over the oven it would be over that metal mesh heating element. The cap would be designed to click at a higher temperature, and the device would work more like a log vaporizer, cashing the load in one hit. It would have a very different vapor profile from the vapcap, but it would have the same awesome function.

Like a log, you would have to draw quickly, as drawing too slowly could risk combustion. I love the vapcap, but a full extraction takes more than 1 hit for me usually.

This might be more suitable for the Vapcap thread... :p

natural farmer,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I prefer butane than expensive batteries, which need to be replaced every year or less, for that reason but maybe in the future this changes with cheaper batteries that last much longer and have a ridiculous lifespan. :p

A good Li-Ion is about $6 for say a year worth of cycles. Let's say you need at least two of them to be safe. You say this is expensive, so I'm curious what is your butane budget per year in $?

KeroZen,

natural farmer

A good Li-Ion is about $6 for say a year worth of cycles. Let's say you need at least two of them to be safe. You say this is expensive, so I'm curious what is your butane budget per year in $?
Last time I checked it was upwards 10€ for a battery if you add shipment and if you like the outdoors like me two ain't cutting it. If I go for camping for a few days I would need more than 10. So, for me, and for heavy use, yeah, batteries are still more expensive than butane I think. I have been left many times without a full battery in a vape. I can't even remember when I was left out of butane or any other flame... Butane budget per year? Maybe 4-5 cans a year times 3€? About 15€...

Top Bottom