Vaporizer Classification

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, do we consider anything that doesn't have to be plugged in a portable vape irrespective of actual size? If not, what are the criteria for making that determination?

It would seem to me that that first line is the current criteria applied in here. Zion, for example, is kinda big for a portable (to me) but uses batteries and is classified as a portable, or is at least in a subheading of portable. I don't know what other similar sized battery or butane operated vapes are out there.

I don't think the Supreme is considered a portable, or is it? While it doesn't take up a lot of space I think if I had one I would consider it a desktop due to it's potential for unintended combustion (of the surrounding area).

MinnBobber

I tend to consider portables in 3 categories, all don't need AC power, running off batteries or butane;
- "backpack portables" like the miniVAP or Arizer Solo that easily fit in a backpack and can be used in a car or in private outdoor settings
- "jacket pocket/purse portables" that are not discreet but can be carried in a jacket pocket or reasonable size purse. Mighty would be at upper size in this category. Haze V3, Crafty, Firefly, Davinci etc
- "discreet portables" would be small vapes that fit in a pants pocket. Pax 3 or Vapcaps or Grasshopper .
"Is that a vape in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?" :)

On this forum though, it would be tough to have 3 or more portable categories. A 4th category could be butane powered.

And what do you do with the miniVAP, can be powered 100% by battery OR 100% by AC. FC classes as a portable but???

shredder

Don't forget pens. And we can divide pen vapes by type, wax, ejuice, dry herb. Coil, ceramic, wick or other. Boy classifying gets sticky, lol.

Not to junk up this thread but I think portables are the future of vaping. And if someone starts making a portable concentrate pens with the performance of an enail, sign me up!

shredder,
Reactions: DirtyD
Top Bottom