vaporizer causes cancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenwarrior

herbalweedvaporizers.com/marijuana-vaporizer/marijuana-with-vaporizer-cancer

so I was researching on the net to see if vaporizer is 100% safe and came across this topic, it says that if you get a cheap vaporizer, it could cause you cancer, not from the weed materials, but what the vaporizer is made with, for example, they say if the materials are made from China then it's likely the vaporizer is made with some carcinogenic materials that if you heat up the vaporizer, you would inhale the carcinogenic materials too, so I'm worried.
I have an Arizer Extreme Q 4.0, would that be carcinogenic? and I also have a MFLB, and I heard from various forum about its copper toxicity too, might be carcinogenic :(

goldenwarrior,

mysticlaker

I think the Extreme Q (and other all glass path) vaporizer are probably the best bet for safety today.

That being said, 100% safe would be you not smoking or vaporizing. The research shows that vaporization greatly reduces the number of chemicals inhaled, and eliminates many of the *known* bad ones. Until a large scale study comes out on vaporization everybody is just guessing with the given research. That being said, large studies have shown the marijuana does not have an increase in lung cancer, so you have a good starting point on mj and smoking to make you feel better.

I have an underlying medical condition that I use medical marijuana for appetite and pain management. So I use more now that I ever have. I wish I could say this was 100% safe, but it is not proven to be yet. Is it probably a lot lot safer than smoking (even though that is proving to be safe is terms of cancer), yes...Is it better than not smoking? No. Is it better than the other medications I could take for my problem, yes.

It is all risk/reward. Hope this helps.

mysticlaker,

Kris38

I am not sure about your MFLB, but I can categorically assure you that the Extreme Q is the safest vaporizer you can buy. The heater is ceramic and the rest of the parts are glass. Neither of which give off any toxins when heated. I can see why you may be worried if you had a cheap vaporizer, but the Extreme Q is a higher end product.

Kris38,

steiner666

Serial vapist
The study is right, but its referring to cheap vapes like Vapir products and other <$100, plastic-everywhere sort of vapes. Uninformed buyers looking into getting a vape will more than likely be attracted to the low price tag of these models unfortunately. I almost bought one of these cheap china vapes at first, until i started to worry about the same thing and stumbled across this site and got a dozen+ better vape recommendations.

Vapes like the Da Buddha, Silver Surfer, your Extreme, and many of the other vapes you'll find regular members recommending here are known for their clean air path and were designed to have no materials near the heat source or air path that would release any sort of chemicals.

steiner666,

vapormonkey

It just zapped me. It occurred to me that this whole vaping thing is about to hit the fan in a big way. This is way bigger than we now realize. Tobacco companies are going to get onboard soon and it will be the primary delivery method of nicotine as well and when they do all kinds of big money will be put into R nad D.

vapormonkey,

max

Out to lunch
goldenwarrior said:

so I was researching on the net to see if vaporizer is 100% safe and came across this topic, it says that if you get a cheap vaporizer, it could cause you cancer, not from the weed materials, but what the vaporizer is made with, for example, they say if the materials are made from China then it's likely the vaporizer is made with some carcinogenic materials that if you heat up the vaporizer, you would inhale the carcinogenic materials too, so I'm worried.
I have an Arizer Extreme Q 4.0, would that be carcinogenic? and I also have a MFLB, and I heard from various forum about its copper toxicity too, might be carcinogenic :(

It's not where a vape is made that's important. It's about the design, components used, vapor path, etc.

Kris38 said:
I can categorically assure you that the Extreme Q is the safest vaporizer you can buy
Pardon me, but that's a claim you can't make. You would have to have tested pretty much every model on the market, and with equipment that I'm sure you don't have. I also find it hard to believe that you'd tout a vape as the safest, when it doesn't have an all glass vapor path. It does have glass, but doesn't route the vapor through nothing but glass, as some other models do (and using a screen is still considered an all glass path-heating elements and especially electronic components are what should be avoided, ideally).

max,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
goldenwarrior said:

Arizer is a Canadian company. As far as I know, there are no Chinese parts in any of their products.

Kris38, I don't think anyone should be calling any vaporizer "the safest" because there is no way to substantiate that claim, but I do believe that Arizer vaporizers are among the safest, despite the concerns of some about "air passing over the electronics." (It does, but before it is heated.)

The MFLB copper toxicity question is answered here:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi...22_from_heating_the_copper_contact_coil_up.3F

Wherever you got that information, it is from someone who either has no clue about the LB or is deliberately spreading lies.

Edited to remove spurious boldness

pakalolo,

goldenwarrior

pakalolo said:
Arizer is a Canadian company. As far as I know, there are no Chinese parts in any of their products.

I don't see any label on the unit itself that says it is made in China, but I opened the unit and I saw the fan, and the back of it says it is made in China, so I assume all the parts are made in China, moreover, everything is made in China these days.

goldenwarrior,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
goldenwarrior said:
pakalolo said:

I don't see any label on the unit itself that says it is made in China, but I opened the unit and I saw the fan, and the back of it says it is made in China, so I assume all the parts are made in China, moreover, everything is made in China these days.

The I stand corrected. I've had my Extreme apart a few times and never noticed that label, but then I wasn't looking for it either. The fact remains that the air isn't heated until it is inside the all-glass air path. If anyone can explain why unheated air passing over the electronics is dangerous, I'd love to hear it.

pakalolo,

goldenwarrior

well the heating element is ceramic, and I just researched about ceramic materials and found this:
http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/19/1/19.abstract

some kind of lung cancer related to ceramic, so.....
the reason why I opened my arizer is because the heater glass cover was broke so I have to replace it, that thing is so fragile, I guess I have inhaled glass vapor because I was using it while it was broken, I thought the heater thing is supposed to move around and wiggle :(

goldenwarrior,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
goldenwarrior said:
so I was researching on the net to see if vaporizer is 100% safe and came across this topic, it says...
Of course you should avoid hazardous materials in ANY product, including vaporizers. However, a poorly written blog post on an affiliate spam website is far from a reliable source on such issues. Avoid no-name import vaporizers and you're fine.

Here are some serious studies http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/The_Science_of_Vaporizing

And here is the article referenced by the OP. The site seemed to be having issues.
Marijuana (with vaporizer) = Cancer?!?!???
July 26, 2009

I like weed, ye i like weed so i want to smoke it guilt free, i want a vap. Im ripped right now, i love weed. My question is can i not get Cancer if i use a vaporizer?

From the vapor itself, not much risk for cancer.

But be careful about the vaporizer. Some cheap ones will cause the cancer.

The good ones from Vaporbrothers and Storz & Bickel (Volcano) cost more, but they use good parts and test their parts to make sure there is no contamination. On knock-off vaps (the cheap ones) you can get all sorts of crud from industrial China scrap metals they use, and they don't care! Then you inhale all sorts of metals that can screw you up with more than cancer, like lead or mercury poisoning.

So make sure you get something good like Vaporbrothers or Volcano.

Thread closed.

vtac,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom