• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporizer for a blind person

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations FalcOpus,

I am a blind person and I'm thinking to buy a vaporizer.
Now, I want to know what's the best vaporzer for me.

Interesting question as i gave it a quick 30 seconds visual sweep and among the very few with no external parts that will risk to fall and end up being lost i could only imagine the Vaporfection miVape and iOLite Wispr as possible candidates, although i can't even tell you what's inside any of them exactly...

My HerbalAire was a precious tool but i can't see myself trying to assemble a bag in complete darkness, actually i recall always searching for my glasses to put them on; not to mention its teflon opening can get quite a bit hot after a while, though i suppose that's not insumountable if training supervision is available. Well, at least the HA v2.2 has a rotary button and it's not too difficult to manage, for people with eye sight... But does it provide audible feedback? I don't think so and yet i don't know for sure as i had the v2.1 older version, actually.

In any case, after looking at 210+ of them i'd say it's far from being an easy challenge!!

:peace:

Egzoset,

falcopus

Get the Herbalaire or solo, I am a blind user and have no problems. The thing to remember is the screwhole on the knob at 12:00 when it is off, if you point this at the light at the bottom, this sets it at 350. The solo is no problem either only issue is the buttons aren't vertical so when I first got it I was like, wtf this up button isn't changing until I figured out the way I was holding it the up button was on the left. Easy to use, both solo and herbalaire I don't grind for, I run my solo screenless and stuff a small piece in that fills up the stem and that works, the herbalaire requires no grinding, I usually just cover the screen of the crucible, and dumping the crucible out when your done is no problem. I of course have knocked the herbalaire over once or twice, and thought bud and the cruicible was still in there and stuck my finger in a 400 f oven. heh. When I load the solo and put it down when I'm not using it I lay it on its back when the glass stem is inside of i because I might forget and knock it over and having a hot stem in a hot solo falling on its back just doesn't sound like a good thing.

H

Thsfy repy! Do youasuse t bag wh deHeba? Iiteayt illte?
Get the Herbalaire or solo, I am a blind user and have no problems. The thing to remember is the screwhole on the knob at 12:00 when it is off, if you point this at the light at the bottom, this sets it at 350. The solo is no problem either only issue is the buttons aren't vertical so when I first got it I was like, wtf this up button isn't changing until I figured out the way I was holding it the up button was on the left. Easy to use, both solo and herbalaire I don't grind for, I run my solo screenless and stuff a small piece in that fills up the stem and that works, the herbalaire requires no grinding, I usually just cover the screen of the crucible, and dumping the crucible out when your done is no problem. I of course have knocked the herbalaire over once or twice, and thought bud and the cruicible was still in there and stuck my finger in a 400 f oven. heh. When I load the solo and put it down when I'm not using it I lay it on its back when the glass stem is inside of i because I might forget and knock it over and having a hot stem in a hot solo falling on its back just doesn't sound like a good thing.
Hi,
Do you also use the bags?
- Is it easy to fill them and to know when a bag is full?
- How much do you have to put in it to fill one bag of vapor?
What do you prefer the solo or the herbalaire?

falcopus,
Reactions: Caligula

falcopus

Hello all,

I'm still thinking what vape to buy.
Is there a portable vaporizer taht is easy to use and give good vapor like the volcano but no ballons.
I hope someone give me some hints about: usebility and size of the vaporizer.

falcopus,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You did specify a portable.
I like the Solo as a portable to give thick and effective vape hits.
I have here in our community 3 blind individuals.
While 2 of them did not like the solo, and preferred using a Vapir NO2, the guy with the Solo loves his.
The 2 that prefer the NO2 say they prefer it because there is no stem to fill and place back on unit.. the NO2 is self contained as one piece..
The solo has the disadvantage of having a fragile glass stem.
If funds are not an issue I would like to recommend the
Inhalater 05. It has some of the thickest hits I have seen, and has no glass parts (unless you buy accessory glass stem)
Inhalater may be just what you seek.
They are around 250, but during the indiegogo campaign they are selling "bare bones" units (with capsule) for 170. Indiegogo Campaign for Inhalater

falcopus

Hi,
Thanks for the replies.
I think indiegogo is a place where every new portable vaporizer starts.
But what will be the best of them:
Inhalater 0.5
https//www.indiegogo.com/projects/inhalater-inh05-portable-herbal-vaporizer
grasshopper:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/grasshopper-vaporizer#comments
skycloud:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/skycloud-vaporizer#home
What are your thoughts?
For the inhalater I don't know if it's useable when it's charging and how long the battery can be used.
Regards

falcopus,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I know about the other "New comers".
I specifically said Inhalater for a blind person, because i use the early models, and blind friends have used them.
The Inhalater is not new... it is here now and has been for a long while.
This is an advanced model they speak of .. the INH05.
it is a 250 dollar vape being offered at 170.
Inhalater has lasted me all day on a charge.. a dozen sessions.
It can be used while charging.
You asked for recommendations.. I did my part and gave my best.:tup:

meduser#420

Fear & Loathing in FuckCombustion
At the moment I agree with an No2.

You load it up, vaporize, tap out you duff, load it up for next time, plus learning which temps you prefer is fun. My preference is the 375 to 395 range.

Good luck and enjoy your vaporizer which ever you decide.

meduser#420,
Reactions: Vitolo

Yoosh

I think the Inhalater 05 would be a great choice for you. As long as you could get 'down' the motion of filling the vape. You would 1) Pack the capsule/mouthpiece. (A scooping motion with the capsule into a bowl of herb would be easiest. You could also add a bit of tubing to the end of the capsule and use the 'vacuum' method to suck your herbs up into the capsule.) Then 2) You would put the capsule into the top of the vape (after a few sessions it'll become second nature I'm sure) then 3) You twist the bottom knob to your desired temp! (This may require counting of turns to know which temp setting you are on. A lot simpler than using buttons to change temp though!)

Another vape you may be interested in is the Tvape. It's easy to clean and fill. You just load the herbs right into the cylindrical tube and that's that. You would then hold the button down for 10+ seconds to form vapor and then puff away! It's similar to a Volcano in the sense that you are 'filling' the herb chamber (or 'bag') with vapor before you hit it. This one can be bought on ebay for about 108-120 bucks and would be a more expedient and cheaper option.

Hope that helps and welcome to the forums! :)

Yoosh,

falcopus

Hi,
Thanks for all the responses.
At this moment I can buy a arizer solo for a discount price.
I read on some websites it produces good vapor and is easy to use.
I already have a mflb, but I find the learning curve not so easy.
Is the solo better to use also at home instead of buying a home unit and keep on using the mflb on the way?
And last but not least:
Is it easy to use when you are a blind person?
Regards

Yoduh

Hey guys. I am also looking for an easy to use vape for low vision... I currently have a lotus which I love but a decline in vision is making it increasingly difficult to use on my own. Money is tight for me so I need a vape that is going to last... I use my lotus alot. Maybe 7-10 sessions a day. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks guys! :cool:

Yoduh,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Solo with a wooden stem would be my vote. It's an easy vape to use and is durable and works really well with a wooden stem. The metal end is pretty hot on the wood stem, but you' ll get used to handling it.

You get more vape for the buck and with a good warranty. Buy at Puffitup, they will price match and a no hassle return policy.

Gregury

A few years have past since the last post on this thread. Any new recommendations?
My wife just received her medical marijuana card and needs a portable herb vaporizer. She is blind and has some fine motor skill issues caused by severe arthritic joint damage. I've read/heard (on this site and from others) these devices might be appropriate; Inhalater 05, Vapir N02, Arizer Solo (with a wooden mouthpiece), TVape, PuffIt, Focus AND the Summit. Ease of use, unbreakable (no glass) are major issues. Grinding (as an extra step) seems like it might be problematic for her. What do you think? All responses would be greatly appreciated.

MinnBobber

She is blind and has some fine motor skill issues caused by severe arthritic joint damage
A vape with "capsules" that you can load ahead, for her, might be a good option. It would give a secure load/ not spillable.

The miniVAP has Flexicone basket modules (wire basket with silicone top) that are easy to handle and I often put them in the MV while looking at something else as they snap into cover easily/ intuitively in 2 seconds.
The on/off buttons also control temp (4 heat choices) and it always returns to previous temp after being turned off.
20 minute run time before it shuts off.

Could you load some for her? Ratchett might develop a basket loader for it, as he has one for another vape that just needs minor resizing.

miniV1.jpg

IMG_7300__58729.1452808766.100.100.JPG

Basket loader for MV could easily be made

Mr.tuffyino-h-i-o

Mighty vaporizer by Storz and Bickel. It's not a bag vaporizer but a portable

The outside of the Mighty doesn't get hot. Heats up in a minute, simple to clean, hits like a desktop vaporizer, and most importantly vibrates to tell you when your ready to vape.

Best of luck

Last edited:
Mr.tuffyino-h-i-o,

Shieldsab

Just thought I'd contribute to this, as I'm also a blind vaper. Sorry if it's rambly, I'm a bit vaked. My first purchase was the Crafty, because of both the vibration feedback, and as it turns out, the app. Also because it came with the chamber filling tool, which helped immensely, because to be honest I wasn't really able to get a picture in my mind of how it would all work. The app works both on iPhone and Android with the various accessibility technologies. The only thing that doesn't read is the battery life. the third party app for Android does work for that, however. Unfortunately you can only access the temperature presets, so can't set it to specific temps with Talkback. So I use the third party app for general status, and the official app to adjust things, or if the vibration motor is playing up in the Crafty, as the official app will vibrate along with the crafty at certain points. Unfortunately the downside to the Crafty is major reliability issues with the motor and other internals.
At the moment I'm also looking for a different vape. I like the Grasshopper because it's a discrete pen-style one that you can basically turn it on for about 5 seconds and hit. So as long as you can count steadily to 5, that would be a good one. It also has a temperature dial. It doesn't click, but it has stops at either end, so even if you can't tell where the arrow is pointing you can get a sense with some experimentation for what works for you temperature wise. Unfortunately there are delays in shipping with that one, and some reliability issues, which there are fixes for and apparently at least the warranty department of HL is hopping. So as long as you can diagnose which of the two common issues you're having, the fixes are doable. I think that one's going to be my next purchase anyway though, just because it'll be quick and easy.

There are also other portables that vibrate, including the Vapium Summit and AirVape XS. The Boundless CF also vibrates. I don't have any experience with any of these though, so can't speak to quality or anything.
There's another alternative, the Vapcap from Dynavap. That one is a manually heated one, so if you're comfortable with a lighter, matches or whatever method of applying heat, you can heat it however. The nice thing there is that it clicks once it hits vaping temperature and again when it's cooling. But the technique for heating seems to be pretty important with that one, and as much as I'd like one, I don't know that I'll end up going for it just because it seems like a mis-aimed flame could easily mess things up. That said, they are quite inexpensive, with the original one going for $30 US so at some point I may experiment anyways.

Shieldsab,
Reactions: Sand

little maggie

Ones that are simple and vibrate as a cue: dynavap- but I'd be worried about using a butane lighter if I had vision problems; I have enough trouble with adequate vision
Boundless CF: Simple to use and clean; they also sell a metal adaptor for water
Firewood 3

Milaana- no vibration but all you need to do is press the button for a few seconds and see how it tastes
All of the above are less expensive than the others that have been recommended

And of course the solo

The MFLB would probably be my last choice of those recommended. It was my first vape and I gave it away as soon as I graduated to the solo.

little maggie,

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
I know a LOT of people hate on it as its old tech and has only 1 temp.

But the Wispr could suit you perfectly.
No surface to burn yourself on while assembled.
When taken apart it has only 2 areas where you can get burnt, and are easily trainable to avoid by feel.

Loading the chamber is as simple as sticking the bowl in a pre-ground dish of herb and inhaling it full, then feeling its way into the unit itself, which once again with a bit of practice would be easy blind.

Turning on the unit makes a loud hissing noise, and then igniting it clicks and then will alter that sound slightly which should be noticeable to someone with such a hearing focus. Ensuring it has properly lit will be the hardest part of making this work for you. Which you could in all honestly just leave the gas on and spam the igniter until you feel the warmth and the only downside to that would be its a bit of a gas waste.

From there Its all auto and you just puff then slide it off, blow out herb once done.
If you were to just re-assamble it immediately while empty and wait for it to cool before trying to re-pack, then the risk of burning yourself goes to basically 0.

Re-fueling the unit would be easy to train up how to do by feel/sound alone.
Pretty damn confident in this idea.:2c:

That, or as others have said a Clasic volcano with easy valve perhaps with some MOD to turn the ready light into a beep ETC. Also has bags like OP wants, sorry I don't have as much experience with other bag vapes.
The mighty would also be prety good as well, simpl to use and you could EASILY set it to any temp yourself: Simply memorize how many clicks it takes to go from bottom to top temp. It also sets its temp back to last used so that is nice.

Ok also, for shits and giggles lets make the E-Nano work.

Setp 1: Get a friend to come over and you sesh out till you discover the ideal temp range on your unit/house ETC.

Step 2: Mod the analog controller to make it very easy to feel the range in question and the arrow, this could be done by sanding or painting a few coats in the right spots, perhaps even a sticker to raise it up or a large glob of epoxy. How is up to you, should be easy enough.

Step 3: Rely on the fixed glass screen stems.

Step 4: make a modded tool which allows you to simply inhale the herb and then squish it down to the perfect level, this can basically be a wood dowel that simply fits in the bowl perfectly, then has a wire tie or something like that on it at the right point to stop you from over-compressing it. With practice you will learn what over filling /compressing feels like.

Step 5: Slap a bunch of the silicon guards on the stems so you know the only part that is bare glass is the part you can be burnt on, then don't touch it.

Step 6: blow out herb and scrape bowl then re-blow.

The hardest part of the nano is going to be getting the stem on the center post without touching a hot part. Which to be frank I actually do this blind 2x with a nano in each hand as my rig places the bowls where I can't really see what I'm doing so its all by feel.

With practice and the help of a friend to make you a few special tools, this I am highly confident in working. Hell you could probably scale up to a GonG bowl and hitting a e-nano bong with practice.:rockon:

Last edited:
Dramma Lamma,

Doktor Dub

the Volcano was already mentionend a few Times, just wanted to ad that the new dosing Capsules could be a great help for someone blind - if you have somebody to help you / fill them for you.
That would make filling and doseing very easy.

I also think, a Mighty or Crafty could be quite useable. You get Vibration Feedback when you turn on the Unit, when it reaches Temperature and when it shuts off. If you want to change Temperatures or don t know where it is set, you can just push the + Button on the Mighty until you are sure that it is set to the highest Temperature, then count your presses on -
With the Crafty, you could get away with just useing normal and boost temperature.
You would need someone to clean it for you, but if you buy a few Cooling Units this doesn t have to be so often.

The dosing Capsules work with all these Vapes. If you choose a Volcano, i would think about Volcano Classic / Easy vlave System / Reducer + Capsules.

Don t know if this is any help, but wanted to try give some information.

Justpassedu

Hi everyone,

I was thinking of the herbal aire 2.2

What I need:
- Prefer bags
- Easy to use
- easy way to know when the vapor of the herbs is up
- No high teperature outside the vaporizer
- Easy way to fill the vaporizer.

Are there good alternatives for the ehrbalaire or is this a good vape?

Thanks

Without reading this entire thread i am going to go ahead and recommend the portable vaporizer called The Mighty. Being blind i can assume it is going to be a tough job to maintain a vaporizer unless you have some help , what do i know but the reason i recommend it is for the fact that they just designed the dosing capsule system. You load a bunch of capsules with your pre-ground flowers so they are ready to go when you need them , someone or even yourself can help load them up. This capsule system truly diminishes cleaning and cuts it down so much that you may only need to change your mouthpiece/cooling unit once every few months , not even. Before the dosing capsules came out one would just pack the chamber but now you just pack the dosing capsule and put that in the chamber. Heat up time is quick and the clouds are just as big as a desktop and it gets you medicated very quickly if need be. I also recommend it for you bc it has vibration feedback , you would set or have someone set your temp and when the unit is ready to be vaped it will vibrate for you. Bags are great , i happen to own a volcano but bags are not all they are cracked up to be. You will get a better taste out of the mighty vaporizer and it is also made by storz and bickel as well. I am just trying to help as best as i can and i wish you luck on your journey , this is a great forum for help and anything else you may need please ask.

Oogendoogan

I saw this and instantly thought volcano. I see a few others have mentioned it but it really is a great choice. I think once you got the bags down, ez valve is probably your best option. Then you just gotta learn to twist on the bags and the buttons on a volcano are very simple. Get the classic and you could even put a bump of some kind on the knob so you know what temp it is. And with a volcano you will know by taste and the lack of vapor that the herbs are done. I'm sorry if I am not taking into consideration many things that could be a challenge with the volcano as a blind user but it seems like a great choice. I think that all of the Storz and Bickel products may be good candidates.
Welcome to FC, hopefully between all the great vapor minds here, you can settle on something great that will work for you.

Last edited:
Oogendoogan,
Reactions: Mirimi

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Has anyone recommended a Volcano? I have only used one once but to me it seems the temperature setting would be fairly straight forward on the original, as the knob would have a tactile feel to it once adjusted to the locations of various temperatures. If im not mistaken the unit doesnt get very hot and the bags and herb chamber would be fairly easy to access. Also welcome to FC!

And the original bags make a unique sound when full:)

Silat,

EverythingsHazy

Has anyone recommended a Volcano? I have only used one once but to me it seems the temperature setting would be fairly straight forward on the original, as the knob would have a tactile feel to it once adjusted to the locations of various temperatures. If im not mistaken the unit doesnt get very hot and the bags and herb chamber would be fairly easy to access. Also welcome to FC!

And the original bags make a unique sound when full:)

I came here to recommend the Volcano. It's very simple, and can be done by feel, without nearly as much burn risk as many other vaporizers. Basically, if you work your hand up from the table, you will know exactly where the heater on top is, and it still isn't as hot as say a log vape, or LSV. Also, you get several hits form each bag, so you don't have to be fiddling with it as often as say a vape that has to be applied to a bowl/gong.

Hi everyone,

I was thinking of the herbal aire 2.2

What I need:
- Prefer bags ✔️
- Easy to use ✔️
- easy way to know when the vapor of the herbs is up ✔️ (you'll get used to how many bags your herb fills ~2-4 and then it'll be as easy as counting them)
- No high teperature outside the vaporizer✔️
- Easy way to fill the vaporizer.✔️

Are there good alternatives for the ehrbalaire or is this a good vape?

Thanks

Top Bottom