Vaporizer and heart rate

immortal10

I have recently discovered that I have some sort of heart condition (Yet to be discovered). My heart rate jumps to over 200, sometimes just standing. They also discovered I have an irregular heart beat. I love smoking, I do it every day. This was just discovered 3 days ago and my doctor said no smoking, period. If I got a vaporizer would I still be able to get my dose?

Thanks guys, I'm really hoping for the good answer, although I feel like I may have to never smoke again :( .

immortal10,

Nosferatu

I get an uncomfortable fast beating heart from vaping alot sometimes...but I dont know the answer for sure, maybe try it..

Nosferatu,

lwien

immortal10 said:
I have recently discovered that I have some sort of heart condition (Yet to be discovered). My heart rate jumps to over 200, sometimes just standing. They also discovered I have an irregular heart beat. I love smoking, I do it every day. This was just discovered 3 days ago and my doctor said no smoking, period. If I got a vaporizer would I still be able to get my dose?

Thanks guys, I'm really hoping for the good answer, although I feel like I may have to never smoke again :( .

THC if smoked or vaped can raise your heart rate by 20 bpm or more. For most, that's not a problem, but for you, it very well could be, so my advice would be to not to smoke or vape. Going to 200 bpm on just standing up is REALLY high. As a comparison, my resting heart rate is 48 bpm (which is low because I'm a runner) and when I stand, it goes up to 70 bpm and when I'm running, it never goes above 140.........and I'm 66 years old. So............if I was in your shoes, I'd say goodbye to the bud.

lwien,

MacRadish

Well, smoking IS not good for our bodies, we do know that.

A stress test showed a blockage in my heart. Surgeon looks me square in the eye and says "I want you smoke free before you're on my table." I quit smoking both herb and tobacco cold turkey. After surgery I got a VG and an SSV. Three years later, with daily administrations but remaining tobacco-free, new heart doctors (I moved) now telling me I have the heart of a 28 yo. I'm twice that.

YMMV and most certainly will.

MacRadish,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I agree with lwien. You should look into edibles. But ask your doctor first.

Stu,

lwien

Stu said:

No, no. Edibles will do the same thing. It's the THC that will raise your heart rate regardless of how you take it in.

I'm not a doctor by any means, but I do know that THC can raise your heart rate and if you have an underlying heart condition, that "could" pose a major problem, so the way I see it, it's not worth the gamble.

lwien,

steiner666

Serial vapist
lwien said:
immortal10 said:

THC if smoked or vaped can raise your heart rate by 20 bpm or more. For most, that's not a problem, but for you, it very well could be, so my advice would be to not to smoke or vape. Going to 200 bpm on just standing up is REALLY high. As a comparison, my resting heart rate is 48 bpm (which is low because I'm a runner) and when I stand, it goes up to 70 bpm and when I'm running, it never goes above 140.........and I'm 66 years old. So............if I was in your shoes, I'd say goodbye to the bud.

Ive heard this before as well. Out of curiosity, and perhaps for future reference (lets hope not), would edibles be a safe alternative? I'm thinking so, just by how different the effects can feel.

steiner666,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You should definitely check with your doctor before consuming anything... Safety first.

Stu,

immortal10

Well guys, I go in for an MRI type thing tomorrow, then I have to do a bunch of other testing next week which all ends on friday afternoon. I'll ask my doctor along the way but my guess is that he's going to tell me that I shouldn't smoke regardless if it effected my health or not. I'm just not sure where to find the answer to these questions. This is all scary enough, it'd be a damn shame if I had to lose my favorite thing.

immortal10,

lwien

immortal10 said:
Well guys, I go in for an MRI type thing tomorrow, then I have to do a bunch of other testing next week which all ends on friday afternoon. I'll ask my doctor along the way but my guess is that he's going to tell me that I shouldn't smoke regardless if it effected my health or not. I'm just not sure where to find the answer to these questions. This is all scary enough, it'd be a damn shame if I had to lose my favorite thing.

Yeah, but if it turns out to be something serious, consider yourself VERY lucky that you caught it before it caught you. You'll find another favorite thing.

Keep us posted.

lwien,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
A recent documentary on Cannabis on the BBC discussed the effects of THC in lowering blood pressure whilst simultaneously increasing heart rate, they also stated that during this period you're more likely to suffer some form of stroke or heart attack.

In my experience vaping has much less of an effect on my heart than smoking, but it's only ever some strains that produce really noticeable effects, perhaps it's those strains that are high in THC, particularly sativa dominant ones? Pure speculation, merely positing a thought.

Aside from that I sincerely hope your tests go well and know that you have the forum's best wishes whatever the outcome.

wilf789,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Lwein is right ,Cannabis increase your heart rate. Not a fact to be overlooked in this instance.

aesthyrian,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Stu said:

This advice could very well KILL you. I don't know how common this is but my only bad times with cannabis were eating it. Much more confusion and my heart rate was through the roof.

darkrom,

lwien

darkrom said:
Stu said:

This advice could very well KILL you. I don't know how common this is but my only bad times with cannabis were eating it. Much more confusion and my heart rate was through the roof.

Yup. That was very bad advice. It's one thing to give questionable advice about vaporizers, but when it comes to someone's health, it's best to do a bit of research before giving someone advice that may really hurt them.

lwien,
Top Bottom