Vaporizer advice (have a portable, looking for a bag / whip)

john24

Hi,

I have a 'Magic Flight Box' at the moment, this is my first and only vaporizer. I have found the thing to be fantastic, I can literally use TINY amounts of herb and works great for pain as needed.

I am looking into other vaporizers, more specifically the 'Extreme-Q Vaporizer' since it has bag and whip feature. Do these larger types use up a lot more herb than the small portables like my magic flight?

Making the herb last as long as possible is a big thing for me, so if someone could give me some idea of how much extra it would use I would appreciate it.

Also, any recommendations other than the Extreme Q?

mod note: Please post in the correct forum. General Vaporization is "Vapor related but not model specific". Thread moved.

john24,

Spacenstein

john24 said:
Hi,

I have a 'Magic Flight Box' at the moment, this is my first and only vaporizer. I have found the thing to be fantastic, I can literally use TINY amounts of herb and works great for pain as needed.

I am looking into other vaporizers, more specifically the 'Extreme-Q Vaporizer' since it has bag and whip feature. Do these larger types use up a lot more herb than the small portables like my magic flight?

Making the herb last as long as possible is a big thing for me, so if someone could give me some idea of how much extra it would use I would appreciate it.

Also, any recommendations other than the Extreme Q?

The most efficient home-vaporizer on the market, are the log style vapes. For example, MrytleZap, Purple-Days, and Woodeez. I can tell you that you'd be using even less herb than you do with your MFLB, if you begin using a log style vaporizer. Although, if you're dead set on a vaporizer with a whip and bag feature, the Extreme-Q is still very efficient. Also, look into the Herbalaire H2.1, it is also a bag and whip vaporizer that has very amazing efficiency. Most vaporizers are very efficient, the ones I would recommend you stay away from (ONLY because you are looking for a good efficiency, they are great vapes in other situations) are the Silver Surfer Vaporizer, the Da Buddha Vaporizer, and the Hot Box Vaporizer-- these tend to just eat right thru your herb, although still good vaporizers.

Spacenstein,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
I have a DBV and it definitely doesn't eat through my herb. I'm high all day and i never use more than 0.3-0.4g/day. Efficiency is more in the hands of the user rather than the vaporizer, all else equal.

TwztedVaper,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, man- I think that the Q is just as efficient as my PD. Just in a different way. I know that does not make much sense to someone new to vaping, but it is true.

As for myself, I have 3 vapes (and my son has the herbalAire). During the day (I work from home) I use the Q. I use HQ sativa mostly in the Q, and through a small beaker. If I am out running errands then I bring the MFLB with Powerex 2700 batteries.

At night I switch over to the PD. I know that the PD does not run as hot as the Q, therefore would not be the best for pre-sleep temperature. But I have it in my bedroom and find it perfect for a few more stems of indica while watching TV. You do not have to warm it up, there are no temperature settings or fans, and rips through my bubbler are tasty as hell. My wife loves it because it looks cool and doesn't stink up the room (she doesn't vape).

The only other vape I can comment on is the herbalAire. I bought it for my son because he only likes bags (although it does do whips as well) and this vape does not have glass pieces that he would eventually break. You don't need to grind your herbs, which was also a plus for him. It seems to be very efficient. In fact, I put some of his ABV under a scope and there were still trichs. He got several more bags out of it.

So there you have it. I love all my vapes, and they all have a place for my situation. If I HAD to pick only one to keep... it would have to be the Q. It can do it all, but luckily I don't have to choose :)

Tstat,

lwien

john24 said:

Regarding efficiency, all I can do is relate my personal experience.

I use one fourth the amount in my PD to get to the same high as I did when I used my Buddha, Ion, VaporGenie and Iolite and I believe that this is due to a few reasons. One, is that the PD is very efficient at vaping small amounts of herb. Secondly, because the bowl is so small, one can vape small amounts of herb and still maintain a high vapor to air ratio, which makes it more satisfying, at least for me it does, than trying to vape small amounts in other vapes. And third, due to the small bowl, it encourages conservation by helping you monitor your dosages. And fourth, due to the vapor path, there is less condensation going on than with a whip or bag vape.

What applies to the PD would also apply to the Zap.

If efficiency is at the top of your priority list, in my opinion, a log type vape would be the best choice with a few caveats. If you routinely vape with a circle of friends and/or, you don't have access to top quality bud, or you have a very high tolerance with no plans on lowering it, than a log style vape may prove to be a bit frustrating.

lwien,
Efficiency efficiency efficiency... So often people forget about potency.

If you have a high tolerance than the log style vapes aren't necessarily the best choices IMO. If you have lots of friends over to vape, same deal. Basically what Iwien is all true, but I think he might be on the lower-tolerance side of things and so is pleased with what the logs give him. If all I had was my Lotus (very similar to Logs in size of bowl) then I'd go crazy packing and repacking, and that's not even considering sharing with someone.

Make sure you look around on for prices on the Q, it can be had for well under retail. Also consider the herbalaire which also is a dual use unit at similar cost.

charliedontsurf,

max

Out to lunch
Tstat said:
I think that the Q is just as efficient as my PD. Just in a different way. I know that does not make much sense to someone new to vaping, but it is true.
Vapes like the Extreme and other big bowled whip units can certainly be used efficiently, but people seldom use them that way. I can drive my sports car as if it's a Prius, to maximize gas mileage, but if that was my priority, I'd have bought the Toyota in the first place. Driving the roadster to conserve fuel would be torture, so I don't do it. I don't go for efficiency when I use my SSV or bag filler either. IMO it doesn't matter if a model can be used to stretch your supply if it's not enjoyable to use that way, and if you load and hit large, you'll enjoy the experience but pay the price in more consumption. The log vapes use less and make it enjoyable at the same time. That's what makes the design special. That doesn't mean it'll satisfy everyone though. That's why a good selection of designs is both good to have and can be frustrating to choose from.

max,
Top Bottom