Vaporize Budder?

stickstones

Vapor concierge
A hit of Budder contains only pure cannabinoid vapor instead of the harmful byproducts of combustible materials found in a hit of regular marijuana or hashish.

From the article it appears the budder is vaporized, not combusted. I read all the articles you posted links to and then some and the shit sounds amazing. From reading this dialogue my guess is Clear_Dome either didn't get a chance to read the articles or didn't understand them.

How much does the stuff cost and how long does it last?

stickstones,

doughboy

stickstones,

re: Clear_Dome... I kind of figured that as well, which is why I tried to address each of the concerns he brought up with specific quotes.

re: Budder prices and length of effects

I get 1 g for $80 (that's Canadian funny money) and find the effects to last anywhere from 25-50% longer than if I smoked weed.

More important than the length of the effects is the potency.

As I mentioned earlier, the budder high is much cleaner with no headache/hangover the next day like you can get when you smoke too much weed.

If I were to smoke enough weed to get me as high as I get with one hit of the budder, I'd want
to sleep half the day away the next day or take a few aspirins to kill the headache, so I very much prefer the budder for it's ability to deliver the cannabinoids without all the other crap that slows me down the next day.

Like I said earlier... if you don't live in the US, UK, or Ireland -- just send me an email through the forum and I'll give you the link to the service I use.

doughboy,

Spiderman

oil baron
Right on......

those whole "isomerizing" thing about buddering is pretty much BS, IMO.
To make "budder" you take cannabis oil (preferably BHO, Butane-Extract Honey Oil, BHO is extremely pure if properly purged), put it on mild heat, and whip it with a pin. This whipping causes the oil to trap air, giving it the budder-like appearance. different strains will budder differently, and i've heard arguments for buddering giving more flavorful oil (something about terpenes being more easily combusted) but in my experience, the only difference between oil and budder is its consistency, and how fast it vaporizes up when you put it on the hot pad.

One of the joys of oil to me is that you are vaporizing it, not combusting it. You can combust it, of course, but that pretty much ruins the flavor of it. Instead, the "hot knifing" style hit while cause the resin to instantly vaporize, giving you a thick milky hit of vapor.

Which brings me to this point....hey mods, am i allowed to post pics of oil/buds? Just want to obey the rules! If so, and if ya'll don't mind, id like to start postin up some pics of my oil vaporizer, and some oil pics.

Btw, the oil that i toke comes exclusively from two people: one is a close friend of mine, who i trust to make good oil; the other is myself, and I know I can make good oil. Oil making is itself somewhat dangerous, and improperly made and purged oil could have very large amounts of solvent, or other contaminants inside. Hash is much safer, and always clean. (its hard to leave anything other than water inside bubble hash)

Spiderman,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Spiderman said:
Which brings me to this point....hey mods, am i allowed to post pics of oil/buds? Just want to obey the rules! If so, and if ya'll don't mind, id like to start postin up some pics of my oil vaporizer, and some oil pics.
Feel free. :)

This is the best link I've found for BHO.

vtac,

doughboy

Spiderman said:
Right on......

those whole "isomerizing" thing about buddering is pretty much BS, IMO.
You are correct that the budder itself is not isomerized.... it's the honey oil.

Here's the ISO Honey Oil Method for Buddering.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=21219&page=3&pp=15

The only difference between that method and BHO is how the honey oil is made
(butane extract vs. isomerizing).

Just for comparison... here's the BHO Method for Buddering.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2830

doughboy,

Spiderman

oil baron
Here's a start.....

Some MK Ultra oil i made, couple months back. Unfortunately, I dont have a camera, but I'll get new pics of everything for ya'll soon!

OILcloseCropped.jpg

The ICMag link for BHO making is pretty good. There are a few minor differences i would make to his technique, but its generally the right idea. Definitly succeeds in purging out all the butane.

Here's a pic of the purge tech, just before popping the butane bubbles.
DSCN0243.jpg

You can tell properly purged oil, because it "shatters" like rock candy. That is to say that it is as hard and brittle as rock candy.
Shatter pic:
DSCN0255.jpg

And finally....
And here is my oil vape, sans titanium swing arm:
DSCN5156.jpg

Spiderman,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
nice piece ! but once again !! ...lol the oil that I make was incredibly pure / filtred a lot of time / rightly distilled but there are still gaz particul inside and after smoking it during some year I start to have lung problem ...let the scientis do it ....long live to water extracted trychrome .maybe it is 5-10% under oil or budder but this gently extract with water so IT IS SAFE

this is a pix to what it look like when it start to melt :

PS : THIS IS NOT MY PICTURE IT COME FROM BUBBLEMAN ITSELF AND COME OUT OF AK-47 IF I'M RIGHT !!I just borrow it (or thief it LOL as you prefer)
Enjoy

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Thanks for all the links and pics, my mouth is watering. Here's another interesting solvent-less technique: "Rosin".

Maybe you can try that with your bubble sift, Clear_Dome. :D

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
vapor tactician said:
Thanks for all the links and pics, my mouth is watering. Here's another interesting solvent-less technique: "Rosin".

Maybe you can try that with your bubble sift, Clear_Dome. :D
hahah this good ol method !!! yea it defenetly work but to do that you need bad hash LOL and I dont have some ;) ....cause with good hash all the product will melt ...It is important to really understand how power full water extraction is when it is made by experimented people , you can defenetly get hash realy near pure canabinoid, but for this there is a lot of condition to respect and most of the people just dont care of it and want to get THE YIELD ....but I prefer QUALITY TO YIELD soo.....that's it LOL but really nice coment vapor tac LOL it make a realy long time that I havent see some people extract this way ;) that make me smile !:D

Clear_Dome,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
More important than the length of the effects is the potency.

As I mentioned earlier, the budder high is much cleaner with no headache/hangover the next day like you can get when you smoke too much weed.

My bad...what I meant was, how long does your stash last? I run through about 1/4 to 1/2 of weed per month...I only hit it at night and on the occassional stray weekend day. So, I wonder how long an $80 gram of budder would last me.

stickstones,

Spiderman

oil baron
Clear_Dome said:
nice piece ! but once again !! ...lol the oil that I make was incredibly pure / filtred a lot of time / rightly distilled but there are still gaz particul inside and after smoking it during some year I start to have lung problem ...let the scientis do it ....long live to water extracted trychrome .maybe it is 5-10% under oil or budder but this gently extract with water so IT IS SAFE

[url]http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/256591_dome.jpg[/url]
PS : THIS IS NOT MY PICTURE IT COME FROM BUBBLEMAN ITSELF AND COME OUT OF AK-47 IF I'M RIGHT !!I just borrow it (or thief it LOL as you prefer)
Enjoy
My understanding is that bubble hash is at most about 40-60% THC. BHO is, IIRC, closer to 98% pure. Don't get me wrong, I love a nice big bowl of fullmelt as much as the next guy, but I dont know about lung problems. Ever since i switched to oil vaping as my "staple," iv found my lungs feel cleaner/healthier than they did when i was smokin lots of herb. It feels pretty much the same (as far as cleanliness) as vaping herb does, just oil gives me a much thicker vapor.

As far as the cleanliness of my own oil goes? I use only Vector butane (do mirror tests, its the cleanest i've found yet), and i purge my oil until it refuses to gas off anymore butane. I even test my oil to check for butane trapped on the inside, and i continue purging until it is clean.

As far as using oilz in a herb vaporizer (volcano, ssv, extreme, etc...) id say budder might actually be a hair better suited than the "shatter" that im partial too. The only difference is the whipping step, but it serves to make the budder vape up tad more slowly. AS such, I think with a vaporizer this slower vape would help.

Spiderman,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Spiderman said:
Clear_Dome said:

[url]http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/256591_dome.jpg[/url]
Enjoy
My understanding is that bubble hash is at most about 40-60% THC. BHO is, IIRC, closer to 98% pure. Don't get me wrong, I love a nice big bowl of fullmelt as much as the next guy, but I dont know about lung problems. Ever since i switched to oil vaping as my "staple," iv found my lungs feel cleaner/healthier than they did when i was smokin lots of herb. It feels pretty much the same (as far as cleanliness) as vaping herb does, just oil gives me a much thicker vapor.

As far as the cleanliness of my own oil goes? I use only Vector butane (do mirror tests, its the cleanest i've found yet), and i purge my oil until it refuses to gas off anymore butane. I even test my oil to check for butane trapped on the inside, and i continue purging until it is clean.

As far as using oilz in a herb vaporizer (volcano, ssv, extreme, etc...) id say budder might actually be a hair better suited than the "shatter" that im partial too. The only difference is the whipping step, but it serves to make the budder vape up tad more slowly. AS such, I think with a vaporizer this slower vape would help.
As I said befor this is a difference between 40% canabinoid and 40% thc ,and there is a difference between water hash made by a nube (dont really know the right word , I dont want to shock anybody, I just want to say someone who make there 5-10 first batch)and water hash made by someone who have made more than 50 batch and more soo it is hard to me to tell what is the exact rate of thc in water extract resin ...and there also the fact that every size of ''resin'' that as been extract by water,have different % of each canabinoid..my kit got 9bag and each of the bag who got resin inside ,got a different profil ....but just take a look at the pix above , this as been made from ak47 (probably grow bio),hand made and extracted with water and ice than cured,this is just wonderfull :o ...this macro shot is big enough to let you clearly see the ''clearess'' of the dome just like chimical oil/butter so WH is maybe less potent than BHO or Budder but not 2 or 3 time less potent I dont just dont believe it but this is just my opinion ,this is a public forum so let's talk ,I love where this discussion's go ;)

PS: by vaporizing (using the good way)you are supose the get just canabinoid&natural oil in the vapor so I think the buzz are similar ...of coarse for the same amount of psychoactive substance

Clear_Dome,

Spiderman

oil baron
I do feel that the highs are rather similar, although in all honesty the SSV just feels like Mickey Mouse-style milk after the oil vaporizer.

I understand water hash reasonably well (im on fullmeltbubble.com, for starters) but would never say that oil is 2 or 3 times more potent. my understanding is that its about 150% more potent than full melt clear dome bubble hash (gotta love the FMCD).

But as far as the high being similar from oil to an herb vape, ya id say so.....but i feel the oil vape does it a little more efficiently.

Regardless, lets all vape and be high :D

Spiderman,

doughboy

stickstones said:
My bad...what I meant was, how long does your stash last? I run through about 1/4 to 1/2 of weed per month...I only hit it at night and on the occassional stray weekend day. So, I wonder how long an $80 gram of budder would last me.
Ahh... I see.

I get around 40-50 hits from a gram with each hit being about the half the size of an unpopped popcorn kernel.

I know... stupid comparison, but I was trying to find something universal everyone would be able to identify with.

If you're doing a hit every night and sometimes on the weekends... a gram should last the whole month with probably even some left over.

doughboy,

djelimon

Spiderman that's some fancy gear there. What is the name of that oil vape, may I ask?

djelimon,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
doughboy said:
stickstones said:
Ahh... I see.

I get around 40-50 hits from a gram with each hit being about the half the size of an unpopped popcorn kernel.

I know... stupid comparison, but I was trying to find something universal everyone would be able to identify with.

If you're doing a hit every night and sometimes on the weekends... a gram should last the whole month with probably even some left over.
Dude, that would be less money for better highs and more of 'em! That's it...I'm driving to Canada and filling my trunk with budder!

stickstones,
Reactions: tonuzzi

doughboy

stickstones said:
Dude, that would be less money for better highs and more of 'em! That's it...I'm driving to Canada and filling my trunk with budder!
ROFL...

I don't think you'll get too far across the border heading back through the US though.

"What was the purpose of your visit to Canada today?"

"Er... Ummm... to grab budder, want some?"

Jay

P.S. There's a good chance they might not even know what it is even if you do get caught -- just don't ask me to test it out :)

doughboy,

Spiderman

oil baron
stickstones said:
doughboy said:
stickstones said:
Ahh... I see.

For other reference......a hit that weighed .05 grams would be MORE than sufficient for an average toker to take as a "night cap." At this rate, a gram would last exactly 20 days.

//start self-promotion here ;)
My titanium vape is what some refer to as a "kutpipe" or "unobtanium." It was designed by Hashmasta-Kut, blown by GGirl, and "wired" by HMK. IMO, there is no equal for oil consumption. I'll get some pics asap of it in action if thats allowed, so that ya'll can see it go!

As far as price, its not exactly expensive....but its not exactly available either. Kutpipes are done on an extremely limited run basis, one by one, whenever Kut (and GGirl) decide. They are usually made for the intended owner, and are, IMO, priceless. I waited almost a year.

Sorry, i know i kinda went off there, its my favorite piece and im rather enamored with it ;)

Spiderman,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Spiderman, hell yeah! Don't be shy to make a new "show off your glass" thread, either.

Your picture didn't load for me last time, that's a beautiful piece of glass and cool story behind it!

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
!! I can still see it ... anyway I you can get an other tell it to me i'll buy it ....it make some time that I try to find some but it does'nt seem comercial ...

Clear_Dome,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hey spider look what I've found ,I'm wating for it:

35$ pretty cheap

EDIT:
DAMN the seller doesnt accept cc from canada so I'll have to find it in an other store :(

Clear_Dome,

Spiderman

oil baron
Right on CD, GonG bell's are a reasonably good way to do it. A lot of people use glass paddles with their bells, which would work, i just believe that the titanium pad is the key. Try rigging up a ti plate for that bell!

Spiderman,
Top Bottom