Vaporize Budder?

doughboy

Hey folks...

First and foremost, I do not currently own a vaporizer.

The main sticking point for me with buying any vaporizer is whether or not I'll be able to use it to vaporize budder.

I see you can get liquid pads for the Volcano which allow you to vaporize liquids like oil or honey oil, so I know it's possible to vaporize liquids.

Just wondering if anybody has vaporized budder before?

Is it even possible?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

doughboy,

djelimon

Man, tell me how to make budder and I'll happily answer your question.

That said, I've done honey oil. You just get some herbs, and put the drop of honey oil on. Liquid on mesh will just melt through the mesh, imo, so something is needed to block it. Volcano pads notwithstanding (never heard of them before)

djelimon,

djelimon

What is budder?
Budder is to honey oil as honey oil is to weed. We're talking 95% THC. Hot knifing a pin drop is like inhaling 2 jays in one puff. The only one who knows how to make it, afaik, is the mysterious "budder king". An ounce of specially bred weed reduced to 3 grams.

djelimon,

doughboy

stickstones,

Here's the article on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budder

The items of note are the following:

What it is...

"Budder is reported as being the purest cannabis product available, at anywhere between 82% and 99.6% THC/CBN/CBD[1], making it several times more potent than the buds of the cannabis plant that are usually consumed (5%?15%). One hit of Budder is supposedly equal to 1 ? 2 full cannabis joints. Also the high is reported as being more clear and longer lasting than "average" marijuana."

How it's made...

"Budder is made by whipping in air and freezing isomerizied hash oil. Isomerization is an additional chemical step that converts the delta 9-thc to delta 6-thc activating a lot of the normally non-active cannabinoids"

doughboy,

doughboy

djelimon said:
Man, tell me how to make budder and I'll happily answer your question.
LOL.

Sorry, don't make it myself... the mailman is nice enough to bring it by though :)

If you don't live in the US, UK, or Ireland... I can hook you up with the site I use to order through the mail.

Just let me know and I'll kick you an email through the forum.

Anybody else tried to vape the sweet budder?

doughboy,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Budder is to honey oil as honey oil is to weed.

huh?

An ounce of specially bred weed reduced to 3 grams.

I get that!!!

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Budder is made by whipping in air and freezing isomerizied hash oil. Isomerization is an additional chemical step that converts the delta 9-thc to delta 6-thc activating a lot of the normally non-active cannabinoids"

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

stickstones,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hi all !
the first I want to say some thing about budder , this think is a dry (crystalized) version of the honey oil so this is also a chimical thc extraction so I dont recomand to anybody to vaporize this ...during some year I try a lot of way to extract this precious thc and I drop all this shit when I realy understand how water extraction is power full so IMO if you vaporize you do it for healt so budder is maybe not the best thing to put in your vaporizer...If you realy want to see some crazy shit go on www.fullmeltbubble.com .I dont wanna do any pub for bubble bag (I use payload one only for my personal pleasur ) but this site is THE PLACE if you want to see some pure thc pix .I personaly vaporize some 73 & 90 micron trichrome in my extreme vaporizer and the thing is just amazing .... you can see some big clear dome of pure thx bubling in the bowl !!! it work realy good but you might change screen each time you vap some fullmelt !!!

I will try to do what I can to take some pix of the bubblin thc but my cam suck so it's hard to get some clear pics ....

enjoy

Clear_Dome,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
so IMO if you vaporize you do it for healt so budder is maybe not the best thing to put in your vaporizer

After reading up on it, it sounds like vaporizing is how it is consumed.

stickstones,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
stickstones said:
so IMO if you vaporize you do it for healt so budder is maybe not the best thing to put in your vaporizer

LOL I dont force anyone .....I just said that I make some honey oil / budder for myself since maybe 10 year now and this is defenetly bad for healt ...the vaporizer is the best way to rip off the thc of the budz so I just dont understand why some people wanna vap some chimical extract ....If you want to be more stone just vap more herb or some fullmelt shit ...and if with that your not enough stone just throw some crack in a pipe ....?! :/

Clear_Dome,

doughboy

stickstones said:

Kind of...

Let me try to explain how I do it right now...

#1 - Take a small amount and put it on the end of a safety pin.

Looks like this (although I NEVER put that much on - probably less than half that):

20612d1119330049-budder-recipe-img_0004.jpg

#2 - Use a butane torch to heat up a piece of metal which I hold with a pair of pliers until the metal turns a lighter shade of grey from being heated.

The butane torch looks like this one:

320670_d.jpg

It uses a regular lighter that has the flint removed and is filled with butane to create the flame.

#3 - Hold the pin with the budder in one hand, place it onto the heated metal piece I'm holding in the other hand and inhale through the straw I'm holding between my teeth.

As soon as the budder hits the hot metal it liquefies right away and turns into smoke which I inhale through the straw.

#4 - Sit back, relax and enjoy!

So... as far I know, I'm inhaling smoke... it's just the budder needs a hotter flame to turn from it's thick paste-like form into smoke.

I've been visiting some other sites looking for more information and I've found people who've vaporized budder in the Volcano using their liquid pads and said it was a different/better high than what I've described above.

Just as weed vapor is different from weed smoke in appearance... I imagine the budder would vapor in a similar fashion.

If all else fails, I guess I could just sandwich some butter between two pellets of weed and then vape that and hope for the best :)

doughboy,

doughboy

Clear_Dome said:
LOL I dont force anyone .....I just said that I make some honey oil / budder for myself since maybe 10 year now and this is defenetly bad for healt ...the vaporizer is the best way to rip off the thc of the budz so I just dont understand why some people wanna vap some chimical extract ....If you want to be more stone just vap more herb or some fullmelt shit ...and if with that your not enough stone just throw some crack in a pipe ....?! :/
I appreciate the advice...

I'm definitely no scientist, but the chemical extraction process is used to remove all the other crap and just leave the THC behind.

I'm unaware of the process you used to make budder, but the man behind it all is the Budder King who you can read about here:

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3589.html

Here's one quote which speaks about the presence of additional chemicals:

"The top Budder sample was 99.6% pure," Hornby explained, "which means if you had an ounce of it, only a tiny fraction of a gram would be anything other than cannabinoids. We also tested Budder for toxins, solvents, molds, diseases, heavy metals and other contaminants. There were none. It's essentially just pure cannabinoids. I've tested a lot of cannabis materials, but this is the most impressive."

Although I believe there are chemicals used is the budder making process (butane, isopropyl alcohol), they are used to EXTRACT the budder, meaning any chemical residue would reside in the waste material left over after all of the budder has been removed (not in the budder itself).

Another quote from the article...

"A hit of Budder contains only pure cannabinoid vapor instead of the harmful byproducts of combustible materials found in a hit of regular marijuana or hashish. Indeed, when pot smokers inhale burned marijuana, part of the "high" they feel is actually not a high at all ? it's a set of unpleasant toxic effects produced by inhaling burned plant material along with cannabinoids.

"I didn't create Budder so I could make money; I created it so people could inhale pure cannabinoids," BudderKing explains. "I see Budder as a spiritual THC high and a harm reduction method. One Budder hit gives you two joints worth of cannabinoids all at once, and it's kind to your lungs."

Once again... the smoke/vapor off a budder hit is 90-99% pure THC cannabinoids.

Although chemicals are used to extract it... very little to none of it are left behind, especially when compared to marijuana buds.

So... on the hierarchy or "safeness" it would be close to vaporizing in terms of avoiding the inhalation of anything other than THC, which is why I wondered whether or not it could be vaporized itself.

My assumption is that by vaporizing I would only get the 90-99% THC and the rest would be left behind the same as the spent weed after vaporization.

doughboy,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
LOL all those stuff might be true ...if your butter is extract by scientist ....but in most of the case the stuff is extract by a crack head who wanna make buck with people and just dont care about your healt ....I know that you did'nt write this tread but you probably just report something you read but first dont talk about 99%pure thc ....100% pure thc = odourless , colorless (clear as glass) ,tasteless so butter is'nt 100% pure thc not even 90% IMO ...maybe 90% canabinoids but not thc ...cause there are a lot of alcohol soluble contaminant in the weed like naturel wax,dust, fertilizer and many more ...soo for me budder is defenetly an other comercial crap made to make buck IMO(cause now I'm a healt freak LOL )....of coarse I'm not telling you that you wont be stoned by smoking this ...this will give you a hard buzz but this is defenetly not pure thc .....

Clear_Dome,

doughboy

Clear_Dome said:
LOL all those stuff might be true ...if your butter is extract by scientist ....but in most of the case the stuff is extract by a crack head who wanna make buck with people and just dont care about your healt ....I know that you did'nt write this tread but you probably just report something you read but first dont talk about 99%pure thc ....100% pure thc = odourless , colorless (clear as glass) ,tasteless so butter is'nt 100% pure thc not even 90% IMO ...maybe 90% canabinoids but not thc ...cause there are a lot of alcohol soluble contaminant in the weed like naturel wax,dust, fertilizer and many more ...soo for me budder is defenetly an other comercial crap made to make buck IMO(cause now I'm a healt freak LOL )....of coarse I'm not telling you that you wont be stoned by smoking this ...this will give you a hard buzz but this is defenetly not pure thc .....
Ummm... I know where I get my supply from and it's not from a crack head.

You're correct I didn't write the article I sourced... you can see by following the link that it's written by Pat Brady and that the included reference concerning the % of THC in budder is from his man:

Dr. Paul Hornby - http://www.hedron.ca

As quoted from the article:

"According to Dr Paul Hornby, a chemist and plant analyst who runs a company (www.hedron.ca) that tests cannabis products for purity and potency, "Budder is the cleanest, most potent cannabis product I've ever tested."

"We also tested Budder for toxins, solvents, molds, diseases, heavy metals and other contaminants. There were none. It's essentially just pure cannabinoids. I've tested a lot of cannabis materials, but this is the most impressive."

Hornby's tests also found Budder contains 80 to 90% of its cannabinoids as THC. It contains much smaller percentages of two other cannabinoids: cannabidiol and cannabinol. Of these two, cannabidiol (CBD) is most important because it has medicinal effects and moderates the stimulative effects of THC."

I'm NOT saying it's 100% pure THC... I'm reiterating what Dr. Hornby is saying:

Budder is the cleanest, most potent cannabis product... it's essentially just pure cannabinoids.

For comparison, here are the results of Dr.Hornby's testing on other cannabis products:

"Marijuana contains various cannabinoids, Hornby explains, with THC usually predominant. Hemp has barely a percent or two of THC. The best dried marijuana bud generally maxes out at about 27% THC. Sieved hashish averages about 45% THC. Bubblehash averages about 53% THC. Solvent-extracted products usually have more THC than bud, water hash or sieved hash, but none have tested as high as Budder, and Hornby says Budder is further distinguished because it does not contain any heavy metals, radioactivity, or other markers associated with inferior fertilizers used on source bud."

If you're able to provide your samples or proof of testing showing the contaminants you claim are in budder are actually there, I'd gladly accept your opinion... but until you do so it's just that...
your opinion.

Heck... I'll even send you a sample from my next supply of budder and you can get it tested yourself.

Dr.Hornby offers the service on his site: http://hedron.ca/hemp.html

doughboy,

doughboy

Better still mon ami Clear_Dome... you can order the budder yourself from the same supplier since you've in Canada and they deliver to us Canucks.

Send it to Dr. Hornsby and if it comes back anything less than 80% cannibinoids you can claim supremacy in this discussion :)

EDIT:

I just checked with my supplier.

They had their budder tested by Dr. Paul Hornsby... the results:

90% THC
5% CBD
4% CBN
1% D8-THC

Even if you've got great weed, budder is far and away cleaner when it comes to inhalation via smoke.

As for vaporized bud vs. budder... that's harder to judge because not every vaporizer operates at the same efficiency level, different strains of weed are used, and different temperatures are applied to the bud as well.

Regardless... budder is better and when you try the REAL stuff and not your own homebrew you'll know what I'm talking about.

doughboy,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
as you can see i'm french so I dont totaly understand what you write doughboy but you seem to have better link than what I have read in the past ...are you working for any of those lab ? or are you in any gouvernemental agence ?

Clear_Dome,

doughboy

Nope... don't work for the government or any lab... just a pothead looking for a better high who heard about budder and found a place to grab it.

I was intrigued by the THC% numbers and after using it for a while via the method I outlined above, I started to wonder about alternative methods of use -- which brought me to vaporizing,
the V-Tower Extreme, and this forum.

When I was talking to my supplier, he said a lot of his customers vaporize budder so I'll have to give it a go.

Now to decide which one to go with...

doughboy,

djelimon

I know of honey oil from personal experience when I was 16. Budder I read of in this book called Bud, Inc. The tech is legit. Of course it's underground so you have to proceed with caution as always, but a qualified party can give you safe chem extracts.

djelimon,

marcuss

above the clouds
Ciao to all the vaporists!!

Check the aromed foam tablet for oil vaporization...maybe it's good for your budder!!!

Old good bio-bombo-plants are out of trend?
I do prefer them for the life!!!

marcuss,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Obviously "budder" made by someone in their backyard isn't going to be as pure as something made by a scientist with access to expensive equipment. It sucks if people are pushing some homebrew extract as budder when it may be loaded with chemical residues, but the real stuff (if it is real) sounds fucking incredible.

I think there's somewhat of a feud going on between bubble/ice/water extraction advocates and people who use solvents like butane for oil... Clearly there's more room for error/unwanted residues when using solvents... but with the right knowledge and equipment I don't see why 95%+ "budder" isn't possible.

Back on topic, can you vaporize budder? Can't say I've had the honor of trying, but I don't see why not. You'd probably need a base of herb or something and the budder would likely have to be spread very thin to expose maximum surface area.

That brings me to a question about the Extreme... The bowl is above the heater, what would happen if some liquid dripped down through the screen? Maybe you'd be better off with a top heating unit like an SSV?

Thanks for the links, I'll have to check 'em when I get home!

:cheers:

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
doughboy said:
Nope... don't work for the government or any lab... just a pothead looking for a better high who heard about budder and found a place to grab it.

I was intrigued by the THC% numbers and after using it for a while via the method I outlined above, I started to wonder about alternative methods of use -- which brought me to vaporizing,
the V-Tower Extreme, and this forum.

When I was talking to my supplier, he said a lot of his customers vaporize budder so I'll have to give it a go.

Now to decide which one to go with...
ok I'll colapse LOL budder can be amazing but it must be made under strict restriction and by scientist ....but if you are like me and love natural stuff and make your own extract out of mj ,I'll realy recomand the water extraction cause if it is do in ''regle de l'art'' pure extracted trichrome is awesome !! i'll make some 70-90 micron soon and i'll try too show you the result in my extreme ....and yes I vap it on a ss screen (finer than arizer stock one) and the extract become totaly liquid and make some big bubble when the fan is on and it does'nt drip on the heater ,but I didnt recomande to vap oil with ss screen.

Clear_Dome,
Top Bottom