vaporization safe for post dental extractions

the_professor

I recently had my wisdom teeth out, and after some research, found that the chemicals in the combustion of tobacco and marijuana (the toxins and carcinogens in smoke) are likely to cause infection the areas of teeth extractions. I could not find anything really on vaperizing and its effects after teeth extractions, so i did it myself.

After a week of vaporizing after 3 impacted teeth extractions, the doc confirmed I was "in the clear" and go ahead to eat anything, clean the sockets out, etc...

I thought the couple hundred dollars for a vapor tower was worth the cost of avoiding a nasty smoke induced infection or dry socket, but it turned out to be the most efficient manner of consuming the greatest herb ont he planet !

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Why am I not surprised?

You're pioneering new areas for medical marijuana, professor!

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Very cool. So you lost the teeth and ended up saving your lungs.

:tup:

vtac,

Herbalist

the chemicals in the combustion of tobacco and marijuana (the toxins and carcinogens in smoke) are likely to cause infection the areas of teeth extractions.
Nice one, professor. Very true.

After having a tooth removed a while back I was terrified that I was gonna get dry socket coz there was no way I was quiting smoking for several weeks after the surgery.

Smoking and extractions are a threefold danger.

Firstly, smoke restricts the flow of saliva (which acts as a barrier to germs etc...) to the mouth.

Secondly, it also restricts blood flow by constricting blood vessels, which means less blood reaches the surgery site.

Thirdly, the act of sucking, like on a cigarette, joint or bong can lead to dry socket.

It's my uninformed opinion that vaping would eliminate all of the above hazards.

Damn nice observation, professor. Now I don't have to worry *when* it happens again... Respect!

Herbalist,

Purple-Days

"Thirdly, the act of sucking, like on a cigarette, joint or bong can lead to dry socket.", says Herbalist.

That's the big problem, so sucking is out, no matter whether it is vapor or smoke. Bag vapor seems like it would be the least likely to cause a problem.

Purple-Days,

Herbalist

Yeah, or a fan forced whip.

The big thing is the equalising pressure.

Herbalist,

You

I did the same thing, had my wisdom teeth removed and vaped often with a whip style with no problems. I did make sure to take slower hits and turn the heat down a little to compensate. Better than taking the prescribed meds anyway.

You,
Top Bottom