Vaporization(Boiling Point) and Altitude (Atmospheric Pressure)

Purple-Days

In another thread (model specific) there is side discussion of vaping at altitude.

Wikipedia says, "the boiling point of liquids varies with and depends upon the surrounding environmental pressure."

This applies to all liquids, from helium to tungsten, including the THC we are after.

Here is an example of how altitude affects boiling points.

BTW this is for water... HtO :lol:
Sea level 212.0 degrees Fahrenheit
3000 feet 206.4 degrees Fahrenheit
4000 feet 204.6 degrees Fahrenheit
5000 feet 202.8 degrees Fahrenheit
5500 feet 201.9 degrees Fahrenheit Nearly a 10% drop in boiling temp.
6000 feet 201.0 degrees Fahrenheit
7000 feet 199.2 degrees Fahrenheit
8000 feet 197.5 degrees Fahrenheit
9000 feet 195.7 degrees Fahrenheit
10000 feet 194.0 degrees Fahrenheit

Applied to THC, and this is an assumption, but likely close, all the curves are similar... 365F x .90 = 328.5F

So, as Devo points out, "from my observations a little elevation puts out a tiny bit more vapor" (and he is already a 'mile high', no pun, he is in the mountains).

I have always suspected this. It just makes scientific sense. :cool:

Purple-Days,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
hmmm so why is it that my IO seems to cook at lower temps :uhoh:

Oh and I always knew us mountain folk would be getting more vapors for our moneys worth :cool:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,
Reactions: LeftBased

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
When I am up near the ski area near here, I have over medicated several times on amounts that I would normally consume. more likely too get couch-lock vaping while sitting on top of a mountain. :D which at times can suck, when you realize your too high too drive back down the mountain and got too wait it out.

DevoTheStrange,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
DevoTheStrange said:
When I am up near the ski area near here, I have over medicated several times on amounts that I would normally consume. more likely too get couch-lock vaping while sitting on top of a mountain. :D which at times can suck, when you realize your too high too drive back down the mountain and got too wait it out.
Unless you actually have somewhere to be though, waiting it out atop a mountain must be incredible. I can't say from personal experience but I can imagine it must be beautiful.

The_Other_Shoe,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I also think the same principle that affect how much booze you can drink depending on altitude also apply too consumption of THC. Mostly likely due too the amount of O2 in your blood.
so high altitude does two things, lowers the vape temp, and also takes less too get you into orbit....
personally I enjoy the thin air, always been in the mountains for the majority of my life..

being at the top of the mountain can be peaceful, that is if your up there alone... always tends too be someone else up there. there is a Tram that goes from the bottom all the too the top, one of the longest in the world.. been on that stoned several times... which can suck if your scared of heights

DevoTheStrange,
Reactions: LeftBased
Top Bottom