Vaporists Conserve & Smokers Waste

stinkmeaner

Now that I have been Vaporizing so long, It seems I every person I know wastes so much herb when they smoke, some of them are rolling huge joints or blunts with 1-3 grams each, which can cost up to $50 and to be it doesn't get you any higher than just a couple bowls in a vaporizer.

A real pet peeve is when I see someone smoke a bong and they are forcing the burning weed down the diffuser wither with a Hakko or the back of a lighter, every time I see this I want to laugh, I think to myself "just let it burn and go down naturally so you actually use it all" It is the same as the type of people that take 2 hits off a full bowl and them claim it is cashed, in my eyes when there are huge clouds of smoke, the bowl is not cashed, especially at 20 a gram.

stinkmeaner,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
i'm very frugal, so to me, that is part of the appeal of vaping. not only do you use less, you get this nice lil bonus of ABV.

i have friends that will smoke a bowl just until it's barely black and then pack up another one! they must spend a fortune!

seems a lot people are just wasteful with everything these days. we truly live in a disposable society.

herbgirl,

stinkmeaner

Yes it really goes with most everything from food to gas/energy and of course to weed.

stinkmeaner,

kevintech

great thread, i smoke 6 days a week and i love how an eighth will last me about a month.

for those with the purple days vape, how many bowls does it take you to get high? for me, i can only take one puff off a bowl and then its over. am i wasting the bowl? i just dont see as much vapor after the first puff.

kevintech,

Vapenstien's Monster

I think traditionally cannabis users have been part of the smoking culture. There seems to be a disproportionately large amount of cannabis smokers that are also tobacco smokers. This is not to say that all cannabis users also smoke cigs, but there are certainly a lot of them.
From my earliest use, big clouds of smoke on exhale meant that you were getting big hits. I didn't know at the time as I am sure a lot of people do not realize, big hits do not mean more has been absorbed into your system. Exhaling huge clouds is impressive but exhaling huge clouds only shows exactly what has not been absorbed. That big cloud is waste.... for shame for shame hahaha

I think the big blunt/Joint idea goes to the social aspect of cannabis use more than the medical aspect. When sharing with friends, passing around a 12 foot bag or a foot long joint makes the session last longer. When by myself, nobody to impress... a few hits does the trick fine.

Back on the topic of vaporists conservation vs smokers wasting.
By and large I think vaporizer users are better informed. take their cannabis consumption more serious and are aware of trends in the market. I think vaporizer users are more aware of the medical aspects and health benefits of smoking vs combustion so it stands to reason most vaporizer users understand the less is more concept. Sometimes I get a better buzz off 2 or 3 vapor hits vs 2 or 3 bags/bowls consuming more gets me beyond high to the naptime stage and that,... is wasteful.

I find in social situations and maybe I am just stingy haha, but I find using the vaporizer with a whip is a pain when more than a couple people are around. Using a bag or hooked to the water-pipe is far better for social situations. Point being, I can have all of my vaporizers going at the same time with a crowd of 8 or more and use less cannabis than if I was alone and using combustion methods.
More efficiency = less waste
I do have some friends who when they vaporize only take the first few hits, the fresh green or strain hits and then empty the bowl/basket for use with cooking etc. Even these people are consuming less than if they were combusting and I would find it very wasteful if they didn't also use the abv.

Sorry for the ramble,... bit vaked myself this AM.

Vapenstien's Monster,

vapirtoo

Thats what I'm talking about.
Nothing like the morning high. I like it with a cup of coffee and a good read.
I've never vaped with more than 4 or 5 people, and then they all used the whip and held in each toke.
These college kids got wasted on a small amount basically the typical fill of the blissville grinder .
We used the vapir 5.0 and everyone was satisfied. One cassette slayed the whole group. The temp read
392 f. and the ABV was a light brown. After they left, I reground the ABV and vaped it at 395 f. I filled a bag and got wrecked again!
Yes vaping is very efficient! :brow: :ko:

vapirtoo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
kevintech said:
great thread, i smoke 6 days a week and i love how an eighth will last me about a month.

for those with the purple days vape, how many bowls does it take you to get high? for me, i can only take one puff off a bowl and then its over. am i wasting the bowl? i just dont see as much vapor after the first puff.

Not seeing any vapor when I exhale is my goal, because anything exhaled is wasted.

Thin vapor is not the same thing as no vapor. When I first started with my Extreme, I used to feel that thin vapor was weak vapor. Since higher temperatures gave me thicker vapor, I just turned up the heat until it got thick. Then someone in a chat forum with a lot more experience than me told me to try lower temperatures and thinner vapor. I went down to 160 C on the Extreme and got wonderfully tasty cooler but pretty thin vapor--that got me blasted. I've since experimented and I can tell you that you can actually get ripped with no visible vapor!

Don't judge when your load is cashed by the thickness of the vapor, use the color instead. If it's still green or even light brown, there's more to be gotten from it even if you can't see any vapor. The PD is capable of getting a stem a fairly dark brown.

pakalolo,

kevintech

pakalolo said:
kevintech said:

Not seeing any vapor when I exhale is my goal, because anything exhaled is wasted.

Thin vapor is not the same thing as no vapor. When I first started with my Extreme, I used to feel that thin vapor was weak vapor. Since higher temperatures gave me thicker vapor, I just turned up the heat until it got thick. Then someone in a chat forum with a lot more experience than me told me to try lower temperatures and thinner vapor. I went down to 160 C on the Extreme and got wonderfully tasty cooler but pretty thin vapor--that got me blasted. I've since experimented and I can tell you that you can actually get ripped with no visible vapor!

Don't judge when your load is cashed by the thickness of the vapor, use the color instead. If it's still green or even light brown, there's more to be gotten from it even if you can't see any vapor. The PD is capable of getting a stem a fairly dark brown.

Wow thanks for the informative post! I guess I've been wasting a lot of weed then!

kevintech,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
^^unless you want to leave a lil 'love' in your abv, that is^^

i love how versatile and precise vaping is. I can choose my level of medication just judging by how brown the trench is. Morning is the lighter stuff - 6-7 hits (leaving some love in the abv) off the MFLB gets me adequately medicated but not stoopid. Then later in the evening I can hit it (not the same trench) for maybe 15 or so hits till it is dark brown - grinding a few times. gives me that sedating effect I'm looking for, perfect for the pre bedtime vape.

i also love that we go through herb at about half the rate we did before. how's that for frugal? :brow:

herbgirl,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
I smoke socially and can easily say I could finish about 20 in a night if i'm with a few more people that can match. I dont smoke much because vaping is much smarter and in fact a lot more conveinent for me on a daily basis.

I use a Launch box a lot when im out of the house and a Purple days when im at home. I vape about twice a day. Usually about once out of the launchbox and two stems in the Purple days.

This to say, 20 dollers could last me about a week, sometimes two depending on consumption. Vaping is obviously much more efficiant. Even at the smaller level; smoking, I usually use about five times more to do the trick one time.

HighSti,
Top Bottom