VaporGenie

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I found I don't get soot, if I am careful only to let the very tip of the flame dip down towards the stone, but not actually go down into the chamber, it stays up above where I can see the end of the fire, but is pointing down at the stone... Once the flame starts to enter the chamber too much it tends to lick the side and create soot. At least that is my take on it... now this is using it on the bub when it's pointing up and down... using it native, sideways like a regular bowl might pose more of a challenge with this...

jambandphan03,
Reactions: placetime

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Hand Carved walnut (straight top) arrived today, and I am enjoying my first bowl now :D I am very pleased with this purchase so far. Classic look to the pipe, nice wood finish, very nice :tup:.
The hit is fairly smooth, and the flavor does not seem to be effected too much by the wood flavor, it's not as over powered as other wood products I have used. I like how the top does not get too hot to handle, I can unscrew it between hits and check the load. Would be super sweet to have a wood tip on the mouthpiece, instead of plastic... hmmm

Here's my Flame Vape collection so far... I'll be ready for any power outage... as long as I can make fire...

pictured below from left to right:Vector Volt torch, Vapor Lithe, Hand Carved Walnut, Vector torch/yellow flame lighter, Coil, home made glass VG gong, and the glass Sherlock.

jaYxGum.jpg

SD_haze

I use the coil successfully with and without a bubbler. I haven't tried a torch lighter, but have had good luck with a yellow-flame lighter. Maybe it's easier with a non-torch lighter?

One problem I've seen with the coil, though, is that if I screw the two main parts together too far, a small gap is created on the outside surface of the coil, air leaks in from the side, and it doesn't work nearly as well. In that situation, just unscrewing it a bit helps *a lot*. It's hard to see the gap when it happens, but if I look closely I can see it happen.

Another problem, as noted by others, is that a yellow-flame lighter leaves soot on the coil. Not a deal-breaker for me, but might be for others. :2c:

:peace:

:o

I was having major performance issues (as I've mentioned earlier this week) but also just realized I changed to screwing the coil allll the way down around the time it stopped working right. Never made the connection...

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:luv: this walnut hand carved VG is awesome!! I am still very surprised it took me so long to try these out... what was I thinking?

jambandphan03,

OF

:luv: this walnut hand carved VG is awesome!! I am still very surprised it took me so long to try these out... what was I thinking?

About other vapes no doubt, many of them are nice too.

I ended up buying the same one not too long back when it became clear my Teak one isn't ever coming back from loan.....seems it's appreciated there too.

After the Bronze one, it's my favorite VG for sure. I like the view.....I need to see what I'm doing you know. Sometimes that doesn't really help much.

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
The Bronze looks good, just been out of stock for a bit. I will probably end up with one at some point, I like the idea of being able to fully clean it, and like you say, the top view helps aim the flame.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: OF

OF

The Bronze looks good, just been out of stock for a bit. I will probably end up with one at some point, I like the idea of being able to fully clean it, and like you say, the top view helps aim the flame.

Add to that it's mighty pretty IMO, darkens up nicely with use. It also 'feels good in the hand' and all that metal makes for a cool draw if you keep your pace under control. You do need bigger pockets to carry it, however.

I'm sure you'll like it, in fact I think I'll have a go with mine right now as my brand new Solo seems to have packed in and I'm afraid to hit that Ti Cera oil cart this early.......

So many good choices we have, talk about walking in tall cotton.

OF

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Add to that it's mighty pretty IMO, darkens up nicely with use. It also 'feels good in the hand' and all that metal makes for a cool draw if you keep your pace under control. You do need bigger pockets to carry it, however.

I'm sure you'll like it, in fact I think I'll have a go with mine right now as my brand new Solo seems to have packed in and I'm afraid to hit that Ti Cera oil cart this early.......

So many good choices we have, talk about walking in tall cotton.

OF

You guys had me bust out my hand carved teak and enjoy the sobriety and gentlemanesque feeling of vaporizing through a wooden pipe. :D

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have to say this hand carved has quickly become my favorite vape to grab right now. Of course, I still love my other vapes, but there is a bit of satisfaction I am getting from using the VG that I am not getting from the electronic vapes. I'm not sure if its just roasting at higher temps, using wood/fire to vape, or what, but I am experiencing a much stronger over all body effect from the VG vapor than what I get from some of my others. I love how simple and instant it is, only takes a few seconds with a blue flame, and I have been switching back and forth between blue flame and yellow flame getting great results with both.
:smug:

**does anyone know what size screen these VG wood pipes are using?

jambandphan03

in flavor country
thanks, I missed that, even though I have been to the site at least a dozen times now :lol: much appreciated Kief!! I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I am favoring the wood VG over all my other portables right now, after spending all that money on battery powered gadgets, I am happiest with one of the basic wood pipes. Now, I don't regret a thing, having tried so many vapes has given me the ability to appreciate the differences. I imagine the new factor will wear off in time, we'll see which vape I'm raving about in a couple of weeks. Right now though, the walnut wins, I even like it better than the glass VG. :o

vorrange

Vapor.wise
thanks, I missed that, even though I have been to the site at least a dozen times now :lol: much appreciated Kief!! I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I am favoring the wood VG over all my other portables right now, after spending all that money on battery powered gadgets, I am happiest with one of the basic wood pipes. Now, I don't regret a thing, having tried so many vapes has given me the ability to appreciate the differences. I imagine the new factor will wear off in time, we'll see which vape I'm raving about in a couple of weeks. Right now though, the walnut wins, I even like it better than the glass VG. :o

My genie was my first vaporizer, apart from a handmade VAPO from a incandescent bulb, and it was the Buddha that converted me.. a year after.

When i got the genie i was inexperienced with vaporizing and i did not put the time or the effort to pull through that first hiccups and i just assumed the problem was the genie wasn't enough to get me where i was used to.

Turns out, the problem was me. Nowadays, i love my genie.. i don't use it often since i have at hand, more complex machines.. but i know how to get there in a way i didn't know when i first got it.

So, don't feel bad for not trying them sooner.. now you can fully appreciate them. :D

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah, I don't think I would have given the VG the proper chance had I started with it. I am sure this is the only down side to this vape, is the learning curve. I am glad I started with a Solo, it was just a no-brainer, and it got me familiar with what vapor should be like, but now the electronic devices are going to be hard pressed to compete with the VG. I can still see plenty of reasons to use each one, depending on the situation. I am still very nervous to want to hand off my VG to newbies. I actually went ahead and ordered the teak version, so I have a "me only" VG in case somebody fouls up the taste by over heating and combusting. That worries me a little...

jambandphan03,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Yeah, I don't think I would have given the VG the proper chance had I started with it. I am sure this is the only down side to this vape, is the learning curve. I am glad I started with a Solo, it was just a no-brainer, and it got me familiar with what vapor should be like, but now the electronic devices are going to be hard pressed to compete with the VG. I can still see plenty of reasons to use each one, depending on the situation. I am still very nervous to want to hand off my VG to newbies. I actually went ahead and ordered the teak version, so I have a "me only" VG in case somebody fouls up the taste by over heating and combusting. That worries me a little...

Yeah, i think the Solo is the perfect entry vaporizer, for the ones who want to invest a modest amount to start with. I was a bit cheap, hehe.

I think you should be carefull, but at some point the wood will need care anyways. Vitolo suggested baking soda to neutralize odors in the wood IIRC.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I would have picked up the bronze to start with if they had them in stock... still watching for that one to come back. I like the shape, and the changing color tones on the surface look cool. OF says the position of the top makes it a little easier to see where your flame is going, and the bronze cools the vapor nicely. I expect the wood to take on flavors. That doesn't bother me, in fact I kind of like that "toasted" flavor the last hit or two get, as long as it doesn't scorch. Its a fine line. I have the 1/4" SS brush to clean the stem with, and I added a second screen under the ring that holds the screen in place.

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
so I decided to take on a project. I am becoming very interested in turning wood on a lathe, small stuff for now, so I have a lathe and some "pen blanks" and a few other supplies heading my way this next week. What I am hoping to accomplish after learning to work up a few pens from the kit I ordered, is to make a wood stem for my VG Coil, and possibly even figure out a way to make some wood bits (mouthpieces) for my VG wood pipe. I really don't care much for these plastic tips, and I don't know where I could look to find better, already made replacements. I did some google searches that turned up very little that was useful. I don't know if I was using the wrong words to search or if they just don't exist, so my next solution is to try to make something. I like the idea of a wood tip to complete the look of the hand carved. The only part I am having trouble with at this point is finding a "mandrel" that will be thin enough to fit the hole size I need for the mouth piece since they use a 1/4" hole on the VG now. Hoping all of this will work out for me, it's an interesting hobby. If I am able to get decent results from any of this, I will be sure to share pics. :D

WannaVape

Hey all, recently one of my drunk housemates decided he wanted to smoke out of my VG while I was sleeping and ended up packing a bowl on top of the ceramic disc, and proceeded to combust the herb in that little bowl. Is my VG destroyed? I love this little thing but being a broke college student, I can't afford a new one

WannaVape,

OF

Hey all, recently one of my drunk housemates decided he wanted to smoke out of my VG while I was sleeping and ended up packing a bowl on top of the ceramic disc, and proceeded to combust the herb in that little bowl. Is my VG destroyed? I love this little thing but being a broke college student, I can't afford a new one

You're not the first trusting soul to foolishly expose his VG to the great unwashed. It's been damaged, but not fatally probably.

Which VG are we talking about?

OF

OF,

WannaVape

You're not the first trusting soul to foolishly expose his VG to the great unwashed. It's been damaged, but not fatally probably.

Which VG are we talking about?

OF
They have not yet seen the light, but now that I have my LSV they are getting closer. I have one of the Classic VG models.

WannaVape,

OF

They have not yet seen the light, but now that I have my LSV they are getting closer. I have one of the Classic VG models.

There's a special place in hell for such guys, should he get past you don't worry.

Bummer about the wood part, makes it harder to clean up. OK, split it apart, the metal top part can be taken apart easily. There's a clip on the element. This lets you swab out the bore of the top part. An old toothbrush might help if you feel inclined. Doing the the vacuum cleaner burn on it after putting it back together should do the job there.

Likewise, the lower bowl area can be stripped out, the screen and clip 'flamed' (heated until they glow) clean. Again an ISO swab out of the cavity takes you to the wood. No more ISO. Not on wood. Best we can do is pipe cleaners. VG and other sell ones with spines, those are the ones you want. Fish them in, bend the free end at right angles, and spin it to scrub in circles. Replace and repeat. Leave a slightly damp (water) one in for a few hours and go again.

Then, the really hard part. Vape a dozen bowls of tasty herb and see if that got it.

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I noticed the Bronze VG's are in stock, but the purple sold out while I was trying to get one... so the purple is out of stock right now, but there seems to be green and gold still available. I think I'll wait for the purple.

doniv

possibly even figure out a way to make some wood bits (mouthpieces) for my VG wood pipe. I really don't care much for these plastic tips, and I don't know where I could look to find better, already made replacements. I did some google searches that turned up very little that was useful. I don't know if I was using the wrong words to search or if they just don't exist, so my next solution is to try to make something. I like the idea of a wood tip to complete the look of the hand carved. The only part I am having trouble with at this point is finding a "mandrel" that will be thin enough to fit the hole size I need for the mouth piece since they use a 1/4" hole on the VG now. Hoping all of this will work out for me, it's an interesting hobby. If I am able to get decent results from any of this, I will be sure to share pics. :D

Jam..., this was exactly what I was thinking of doing! Do keep us posted on your progress.

I got my VG alu pipe a couple of days back with a broken mouthpiece. I just started hitting it without the mouthpiece and it does get a little hot but it's fine.

Got clouds on my second attempt :D Tried with some nice weed and also hand-rubbed hash (like the one in my profile pic) and it's working great. Getting great flavour. Loving my first vape :tup:

Shared it with a couple of combusting friends and they too managed to get vapor (not dense though) without much trouble.

Top Bottom