VaporGenie

HoichiTheSmokeless

What's up all, first time poster, fairly new VG user (had it about a month).

On the pics posted of the exotic model... I have the exotic model and the finish on the wood top looks different... it's dark and it matches the grain on the pipe bottom. I'd post pics but I've lent out my camera. A friend has the ash version and so I've used both and I definitely recommend the exotic version between the two. No major differences but the exotic version has these advantages over the ash:

* It's lighter and thinner.... a more comfortable hold.
* It's longer length wise but also shorter height wise... that gives you a better angle on the position of the flame.
* It looks like a tobacco pipe. Holding it like a tobacco pipe when using it gives it a nice refined quality... Also if you had to tell people it was used for tobacco it's believable.

The ash is more durable, given it's stem is shorter and thicker. But with care I don't think the exotic would break.

I've had difficulty using a blue flame torch... I've overcooked it using one a few times... getting that burnt popcorn taste. Haven't had that problem using a bic. Yet I want to master the blue flame torch to get cleaner hits and not have to worry about using it outdoors... the yellow flames will whip around with even a slight breeze, and even if it doesn't go out, a whipping flame makes it more difficult to use. Then there's of course the aggravating possibility that the flame could go out just as the VG bowl has reached the temperature sweet spot. I think with the blue torch, I may have just held the flame over the VG too long. Yet sometimes when I cut it short I get nothing. Be nice to get more thoughts and pointers on using a blue torch effectively. I really want to avoid overcooking on the thing and starting a buildup of tar in the pipe.

I really want to try that whip attachment! Vapor_cloud did you get your food grade whips with another vaporizer? Is there a type of store where you can pick one up?

HoichiTheSmokeless,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Local hardware store for the tubing. I did try to find medical grade stuff but couldn't but the food grade stuff if thick and doesn't have any taste.

The blue flame is always prone to burning, I find it best to apply it for 5-7 seconds then take away the flame while still sucking and continue applying in bursts. But I still get the odd burn but the big clean hits inbetween make it well worth while.

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
wake n bake genie's this morning. My replacement electric vap should arrive today but 2 VG bowls vapped using my mini-torch. 2 big lung filled vapor tokes of each bowl ... yummy :lol:

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
I really want to try that whip attachment! Vapor_cloud did you get your food grade whips with another vaporizer? Is there a type of store where you can pick one up?
Probably not worth it for just a short VG piece, but for anyone needing replacement tubing, this a good place to buy-
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pr...USPlastic&category_name=29331&product_id=8073.

They also have food grade and beverage tubing that will work fine.
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ca...ic&Category_Name=29331&Page=1&clickid=leftnav

Your typical vape tubing is 1/4" I.D. 3/8" O.D. and 1/16" wall. For a good fit with the VG, you'd want a larger inner diameter.

max,

HoichiTheSmokeless

stickstones said:
Welcom aboard smokeless! Do you have any other vapes?
At the moment, no other functioning ones. My first vape was an Aromazap. It was functional and initially I was pretty happy with it (no experience with any other vapes, and it gave me vapor so I was content), but it's a poorly built piece... it eventually broke and the customer service was bad. And after looking for a new one I realized what a bad value it was (now they've raised the price a lot since the time I first got it... what a joke!).

I'd like to get another electric vape, I got the VG because at it's price and it's functionality, I figured I'd be worth it, and it has been... amazing value. When I do get a new one I'll be sure to make a better decision than the aromazap that's for sure. The VG is keeping me pretty happy for the time being.

Thanks for the welcome and the recommendations on whips, all!

HoichiTheSmokeless,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
^^^ You should check out the PurpleDays unit, same basic style as the Aromazap, but fixes (that's putting it lightly) the issues you mentioned.

Sounds like the newer exotic Vaporgenie's are worth a look. :)

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
vtac said:
^^^ You should check out the PurpleDays unit, same basic style as the Aromazap but fixes the issues you mentioned.
Yeah, let's make it clear that the Purple-Days vape shares only the basic design with the Aromazap, which is based on the original Eterra. But the design has been upgraded tremendously via the stainless steel heat exchanger, and everything from the ceramic heater/resistor to the wiring is, unlike the zap, RoHS compliant (no lead or other hazardous materials). The build quality is also a quantum leap from the zap. Probably a dozen zaps can be produced in the time it takes to build one PD (I may be wrong on that. It may be 2 dozen :lol:) ). And I guarantee the Aromazap doesn't have the reserve heat supply that allows the PD to be so flexible in how you hit it.

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
You're right, I was just about to edit my post to reflect that, but you're quick. :ninja:

I guess it's kind of like the Vaporgenie vs the terrible Vaporbuddy... well, maybe that's a poor comparison. :)

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
vtac said:
You're right, I was just about to edit my post to reflect that, but you're quick. :ninja:

I guess it's kind of like the Vaporgenie vs the terrible Vaporbuddy... well, maybe that's a poor comparison. :)
It's a good comparison in that you have two similar vapes that are vastly different as far as quality. The VaporBuddy falls into the 'avoid the made in China ripoffs' catagory, while the zap is, unfortunately, in the 'avoid a US made, inferior quality vape'. The PD is so much better than the Aromazap I hate to see them mentioned together. Another important difference is that nobody will ever get poor customer service from purple-days.com. ;)

max,

HoichiTheSmokeless

The Purple Days unit looks good... though at that price range I'd probably prefer to go in a different direction (plus it's nice to try a different style). It's nice they're making a proper unit though. I had almost the exact same issues described in that post. The electric connection was loose and I fixed it myself after the "Zapman" stopped responding to my emails, but then it just fell apart. But a quicker start up time would probably be something I'd be looking for. I've heard good things about Da Buddha, from the makers of the Silver Surfer. I've had my eye on that. Plus it's a local company for me... there's some non-tangible appeal to that.

HoichiTheSmokeless,

max

Out to lunch
I've heard good things about Da Buddha, from the makers of the Silver Surfer. I've had my eye on that. Plus it's a local company for me... there's some non-tangible appeal to that.
Reliable, clean vapor, and big hits. You can't go wrong with 7th Floor. The SSV is all I'll ever need in a full sized whip vape. :tup:

max,

streetsofsurrey

After a few more tests, I can definitely say that the Vapor Genie is a really good product. I would rate it 8.5/10.

Pros
- works great, you can get huge vapes
- you save tons of weed (you just need about .2g of weed and you get about 3 hits of vape which is good enough i guess.
- just need a lighter
- gets you really high

cons
- the metal part and the lid can get real hot at times but it gets easier for you to manage the more time you spend with it
- do not use this with friends. Most likey they will say its shitty because they are not doing it properly.

just one question for any weed smoker out there. Is it okay for you to smoke or vape stems? I ran out of weed ATM but I have this stem. I am thinking of throwing it away because I heard its not good for you but if you go on google, its a mix reaction.

So should I vape this stem? can you get high off it? I am pretty sure the stem has THC on it and if you vape it extracts that. But yeah let me know your opinion on this one.

streetsofsurrey,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
So should I vape this stem? can you get high off it? I am pretty sure the stem has THC on it and if you vape it extracts that. But yeah let me know your opinion on this one

If they're from really good bud, stalks can have a few trichomes on them, which, of course can be vaporized.

Still, that's probably going to me more of a tease than anything. Especially with only one. :2c:

Don't you live in Vansterdam? :)

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I vape all my stems with the weed...just throw it in the grinder with the buds. I doubt it will get you a buzz by itself, though.

stickstones,

streetsofsurrey

vtac said:
So should I vape this stem? can you get high off it? I am pretty sure the stem has THC on it and if you vape it extracts that. But yeah let me know your opinion on this one
Don't you live in Vansterdam? :)
I live about 20 minutes away from Vancouver. Its very easy to get there though. I just gotta skytrain it there. But yeah thats stoner's paradise lol. Yeah but right now I have no weed left and no ride. So im call my buddy and ask him for a ride.

stickstones said:
I vape all my stems with the weed...just throw it in the grinder with the buds. I doubt it will get you a buzz by itself, though.
Thats what I thought. I will try it out though

EDIT: I just vaped that stem I had and I am kind of high. I guess this will do for a bit until I grab some more ( in an hour from now ). Oh yeah, the taste is different.

streetsofsurrey,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
just a question on the VG anyone got an idea on how a hot coal or ember would go for the heating job, like a campfire senario, if yah lighter's shiting itself:uhoh:

Cannabudz,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I don't think the ceramic disc would like the hot ember ... I could see dust and crap getting into the pores and rendering it useless. Plus its a pretty small opening so the coal would have to be small and would burn out very quickly. VG = lighter required

vaporcloud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I agree on the dust. MAYBE, and I mean MAYBE, if you had the coal in a pair of tongs and held the VG to the side of it with the opening facing the coal and sucked hot air through it that way it could work. But my guess is you wouldn't get air hot enough to do anything and you would probably burn the shit out of your face holding a hot coal four inches from your mouth!

Would be fun to watch, though...make sure to video it! Could be a great Harold & Kumar scene!

stickstones,
Top Bottom