VaporGenie

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
max said:
I'd get the exotic. It's improved over what it used to be, and I think the longer length makes it easier to use. You'll have a better chance of getting your choice (yellow or brown if you go with the exotic) from the manufacturer's site too.
Oh cool they changed the design.

exotichirespt3.jpg

exoticbowlhirestd1.jpg

Now with new metal bowl! The exotic VG is now being made with a stainless steel bowl insert.
The bottom of the exotic VG is made of one of several types of tropical hardwoods (if you prefer the brown version or yellow striped version let us know). Top is made of Oak. Some say the Exotic is a little easier to use because it is longer (about 1 inch longer) than the Ash VG.The Exotic VG is 5.5 inches from mouthtip to the center of the bowl.
That's nice, especially the bolded part. Last I heard the ash was using chrome plated brass for the insert (the metal lining the interior of the sphere).

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Well I went with the ash ... dont like the look of the exotic and the ash is suppose to be more durable. Got my email this morning telling me its been sent already. sweet

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
The wood grain and color doesn't match up on the exotic, that's for sure.

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
SO can you heat the ceramic disc by aiming a jet lighter at it ... without sucking? After reading some of your links vtac I'm not really concerned about butane ... seems to me it will be all burned off!

Anyway, seems to me everyone comes up with a reason why a vaporiser 'could' be unhealthy. Metal heating coils giving of bad fumes, poisenous butane gas off a bic lighter ... shit there is some evidence that points to ceramic heating elements drying out overtime and giving off arsnic fumes :o FFS ... I can walk outside and breath in a heavy mix of carbonmonoxide and other nasties thanks to a city based job if I want to. Somethings going to kill you in the end ... if it aint toxins it'll be old age. In the end vapping is the just the best way to consume mothers finest herb.

:cheers:

VC

vaporcloud,

streetsofsurrey

thanks you guys. i will order one from the official website. no point in spending 15 bucks (shipping) for a free grinder that is made out plastic. I can get one from couple of blocks from my place. I will go with the exotic one. will post back once I receive it.

streetsofsurrey,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I just bought a jet lighter ... its a cheapie ... only $7 to the door ... so I dont expect it to last but at least I can experiment to see how it goes with the VG :)

vaporcloud,

streetsofsurrey

vapor_cloud said:
I just bought a jet lighter ... its a cheapie ... only $7 to the door ... so I dont expect it to last but at least I can experiment to see how it goes with the VG :)
nope. surrey, bc. Canada!

streetsofsurrey,

max

Out to lunch
vapor_cloud said:
SO can you heat the ceramic disc by aiming a jet lighter at it ... without sucking? After reading some of your links vtac I'm not really concerned about butane ... seems to me it will be all burned off!
You can definitely heat up the ceramic filter without drawing on it. A torch would allow you to preheat the Genie, maybe enough to then get vapor without keeping the flame on it while hitting it (kind of doubt it though). You'd have to try it and see. I absolutely believe a torch is much better than a standard lighter. It's cleaner-no leftover carbon (soot), hotter, and the steady flame is much more useful for vaping. And flame instantly breaks butane down into hydrogen and carbon, leaving only carbon as a hazard, which the torch easily takes care of.

Anyway, seems to me everyone comes up with a reason why a vaporiser 'could' be unhealthy. Metal heating coils giving of bad fumes, poisenous butane gas off a bic lighter ... shit there is some evidence that points to ceramic heating elements drying out overtime and giving off arsnic fumes :o FFS ... I can walk outside and breath in a heavy mix of carbonmonoxide and other nasties thanks to a city based job if I want to. Somethings going to kill you in the end ... if it aint toxins it'll be old age. In the end vapping is the just the best way to consume mothers finest herb.

:cheers:

VC
Yeah, I agree. Unless you're out in the country and live like the Amish, you're exposed to toxins on a daily basis. All you can do is use common sense and avoid the worst of it. And vaporizing with a decent, brand name vape is surely better than sucking smoke.

I do salute Tom in his efforts to make a safer, lead free vaporizer, and hopefully we, as vape users, can start asking other manufacturers if their products are lead free and otherwise safe. If vape makers put out cheap and dangerous vapes (like the Chinese ripoffs), and we buy and use them without questioning, then they'll just continue to produce the same crap.

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
vapor_cloud said:
The ceramic sponge can take the heat. I cleaned some soot (someone thought it was a normal pipe :mad:) off mine by putting the top cylinder on the end of a vacuum and torching the sponge it with a pencil torch (a lot bigger and hotter than what you'd be using to vape with).

If there was no air being sucked through it along with the flame it would probably heat up a lot more and possibly damage the wood. Haven't tested it, but just a thought.

vapor_cloud said:
Anyway, seems to me everyone comes up with a reason why a vaporiser 'could' be unhealthy. Metal heating coils giving of bad fumes, poisenous butane gas off a bic lighter ... I can walk outside and breath in a heavy mix of carbonmonoxide and other nasties thanks to a city based job if I want to. Somethings going to kill you in the end ... if it aint toxins it'll be old age. In the end vapping is the just the best way to consume mothers finest herb.
Yeah sometimes it seems like we go a bit overboard, but I mean, with all the toxic crap that we can't avoid in day to day life, I'd rather err on the side of caution whenever possible. It's just nice to have one less thing to worry about. Even strictly from a taste standpoint, most people would probably rather keep it as pure as possible.

vapor_cloud said:
... shit there is some evidence that points to ceramic heating elements drying out overtime and giving off arsnic fumes :o FFS
Whoa, can you link to this please.

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
vtac said:
, most people would probably rather keep it as pure as possible.

vapor_cloud said:
... shit there is some evidence that points to ceramic heating elements drying out overtime and giving off arsnic fumes :o FFS
Whoa, can you link to this please.
Wasn't a scientific experiment just a comment I read somewhere. When I stumble across it I'll link it for sure.

And Vtac, dont get me wrong, I'm after the healthiest possible way to consume MJ as well. I just know how far I've come from the days of rollies, spots and shitty bongs ... its such a pleasure to be able to vap efficiently ... and its only going to get better :tup:

vaporcloud,

3serieSensi

I have had one for a while, and agree that it is a good, albeit with practice, for portable/stealth smoke alternative. However, don't try it with friends, they will either burn the wood with the lighter or get anxious that it is not working quickly or at all....

I have found myself, in the past, before I had a vaporizer regime going on, getting frustrated and just smoking it without the top, like a pipe. Which works, but requires a screen replacement for next vapor session.

Pretty easy to load / unload actually.

3serieSensi,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Mine arrived today. Exactly 10 days from the date shipped. I will say it certainly looks like customs opened the package.

Anyway ... the VG works quite well. I burnt the first bowl using a jet lighter. Bowl 2 and 3 were a lot more successful using a bic. This will certainly become my out-and-about vap machine :D

vaporcloud,

streetsofsurrey

I have finally got mine today. I went to BCMP and bought it there. It was okay but I have to test it out a bit more. I had a feeling i was doing something wrong. But I did got high though. But yeah I am just gonna check out some tutorials on how to use this. Other than that, I am real happy right now that I have this.

streetsofsurrey,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Streets...go check out page one of the Portables thread here. vtac has a post there on how to use the genie that helped me tremendously.

stickstones,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I added 15cm of 8mm food grade tube to the mouth piece of my VG and it worked great. Smoothed it out and I got a couple of hits that were bigger than anything achieved off the VG so far. Even the wife prefered it over the non-tube VG. She hasn't been enjoying using the genie while I wait for the replacement vaporite but she found the extra tube gave her more control and better taste. Dunno why but it seems to work.

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Sure. It works well and if you watch the tube closely you can see the vapor filling up the tube, you then stop applying the lighter and you never burn. I'm finding it a lot tastier ... similair to a whip hit from an electric vap.

vgbn3.jpg

vaporcloud,
Reactions: DrKramik

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
NB: the tape provides the an air tight connection. Was the best I could find last night ... will find a better (looking) solution today :cool:

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
Is the removeable mouthpiece still attached? Looks like it. Have you tried it with and without the mouthpiece? I do like the mod. Seems like it would give you a much better view of the bowl while you're applying flame as well as the helpful view of vapor in the tubing. :tup:

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
The tube slides straight over the mouth piece. And in my pursuit for the pefect VG hit I bought a butane mini-blow torch and soldering iron. Its like a jet lighter but you twist the body to adjust the flame and need a naked flame (bic lighter) to fire it up. I turn it right down, point it into the bowl at the ceramic disc and its fucking fantastic. Pretty mucxh instant vapor and little - no burn because the flame is so low. I will post a pic later.

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
After several more experiments :cool: its still possible to burn but just as easy to get it right and it hits smoother than a bic IMO.

torch1da4.jpg

vaporcloud,
Top Bottom