VaporGenie

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations everybody,

Better late than never, it's been a long while (since 2015-Jan-28!), so here's what input i can add after spending significant resources, including my fair share of customized VG pipes used as a "Prototyping Platform", over a period of 5 years...

In respect of intellectual property owned and patented by this manufacturer, always.

:D

Admire my transformed pipe and also some future "killer" niche, still awaiting. M'well, good luck finding anything like it!

...I think I may get myself a bronze VaporGenie soon...

The day there's one in front of me at a local shop i'll be likely to want/get mine too.

That day eventually came and i even managed to evaluate 3 models: Classic, "Classic" look Aluminium and Bronze Sherlock. Most unfortunately free reliable picture hosts appear to be volatile these days, hence i'll begin with a direct link to my Google-Plus Photo collection considering that's the source i'll be using in this present post:
Pictures are a major aspect of my contributions, for example this sample illustrates an early need i felt to promote safety, relatively to skin burns, though i must admit in retrospective that overheating mostly resulted from my early experimentations actually:

Custom%2BVG%2BSphere%2B-%2BVariations%2Bon%2Ba%2Btheme%2B%25282016-Apr-16%2529%2B%255B320x200%255D%2B.PNG

The next picture is a reminder that it was necessary to move my heat source closer to its workload:

5%2B-%2BMetal%2BPipe%2BCompatible%2BRecessed%2BScrew-Base%2B%25282016-Apr-20%2529%2B%255B400x400%255D%2B.PNG

The Brass Screen wrap disperses heat along its plane to delay hot-spotting while also providing resilient mechanical support for the Top-of-Bowl SiC Puck of a Hybrid Core (with 2 such "Pucks" inside). Details right below:

Egzoset%2527s%2BCust.%2BBronze%2BSherlock%2BVG%2BPipe%2B-%2BLabelled%2B%25282018-Mar-11%2529%2B%255B300x400%255D%2B.PNG

It simply was a matter of implementing an extended version of the forgotten Fig. 11/12 item from VG's patent (US7434584 B2): to add a metal disk to the core, essentially... On top i tagged this the "SiC Front Puck", followed by the "17-Holes Metal Disc" (where each hole is #53 dia. as i recall), then the "Top-of-Bowl SiC Puck" wrapped in what seems to be MESH-50 Brass Screen.

Both the metal Flame-Catcher and Monobloc inside my Sphere had to be cut in length because i wanted to switch to a blue torch flame though using the genuine path it turned out my flames kept self-extinguishing themselves, because of accumulating hot exhaust gases in excess, which was the normal result to expect from a clean-burning (blue) butane flame (H2O + CO2)... So i made the path shorter while half of my core was migrated into the Sphere's/Monobloc "Screw-Base Aperture".

2 PinHoles "à la VapMan" are present but the main one couldn't be located optimally, e.g. right on the sphere.

On the long run flexible plastic PVC Tubing Extensions was verified to be absolutely appropriate for my purpose; its inside surface changes visually as it absorbs moisture approximately reflecting consumption, which offers a clear hint to help developing self-awareness...

The Plastic/Metal Junctions proved being a perfect spot where to install 100 % "bio" cotton swabs meant to filter out particles - also promissing tasty reclaims as a bonus:

Egzoset%2527s%2BCust.%2BVG%2BPipe%2B-%2BCotton%2Breclaim%2Bin%2BMating%2BJunction%2B%25282018-Feb-14%2529%2B%255B550x480%255D%2B.PNG

I think this later multi-function feature should be exploited for "Bio-Feedback" tablet/phone applets when it becomes desirable to accelerate climbing the "Learning Curve" even further. My horizontal arrow points at an auxiliary PinHole from where airflow sound can be picked up by a tiny condenser mike; the 2 vertical ones point at sites capable of holding 2 pairs of optical sensory fibers, so that speed & pressure can be extrapolated from cloud opacity, i figure...

Egzoset%2527s%2BCust.%2BVG%2BPipe%2B-%2BSensor%2BSites%2B%25282018-Apr-1%2529%2B%255B640x200%255D%2B.PNG

Egzoset%2527s%2BCust.%2BVG%2BPipe%2B-%2BMating%2BJunction%2BMP%2BBase%2B%2526%2BPinHole%2BRing%2B%25282018-Feb-13%2529%2B%255B640x200%255D%2B.PNG

The plastic tubes themselves are easy to replace using standard supplies from a local hardware store, in addition the later Plastic/Metal Junctions simplified all necessary plastic reshaping necessary for convenient terminations that match and lock hermetically.

Below this was my all-time tastiest handle layout of all 3, the "Classic" look Aluminium VG pipe:

Egzoset%2527s%2BCustomized%2BVaporGenie%2BClassic-look%2BAluminium%2Bpipe%2B%25282016-Nov-1%2529%2B%255B600x300%255D%2B.PNG

2%2B-%2BEgzoset%2527s%2BFully%2BCustomized%2BClassic-style%2BAlu%2BVG%2BPipe%2B%25282016-Oct-20%2529%2B%255B300x300%255D%2B.PNG

Take note those were older cfg. "iterations", here's a recent one evaluated with the wood "Classic" instead:

Egzoset%2527s%2BCust.%2BVG%2BPipe%2B-%2BYear%2B7%2BAroma-Taste%2Bsetup%2B%25282018-Feb-15%2529%2B%255B640x500%255D%2B.PNG

Egzoset%2527s%2BModdified%2BVG%2BClassic%2BPipe%2B-%2BLabelled%2B%25282017-May-19%2529%2B%255B300x300%255D%2B.PNG

Aroma/taste appreciation was similar in both Classic layouts, the Bronze Sherlock appears to have too much of a "vortex" effect in the large base cavity below its bowl.

Below these are illustrations of my multi-purpose Reversible/Near-Symetrical Capsule concept where 2 Hybrid Cores enclose a bowl from each side:

Egzoset%2527s%2BFully%2BCustomized%2BVG%2BBronze%2BSherlock%2B%25282016-Sep-26%2529%2B%255B530x300%255D%2B.PNG

In this basic case the capsule would work unidirectionally, requiring its user to reverse it once in a while, to keep it clean by virtue of a probable self-cleaning effect. The flashing feature (next) indicates where the Main PinHole shall need to be displaced, for much better performance eventually ("conservation" wise):

Capsule%2BCollector%2BChannel%2Bvs%2BCustomized%2BBronze%2BSherlock%2B-%2BAnimation%2B%25282016-Sep-15%2529%2B%255B400x300%255D%2B.GIF

{ This message concludes next... }

Last edited:

Egzoset

Banned
{ The previous message concludes here. }

These drawings express my views on integrating "Bi-Energy" benefits, which includes "Potentialization"/"Inlet Self-Moisturization" of the "Release/Transport Agent": in other words to beat "Hot Dry Air Ovenizer" designs by offering what they lack most: Water (H2O)!!

Consumption%2BModes%2B-%2BSkills%2Bvs%2BPower%2B%255B450x200%255D%2B.PNG

And perhaps someday also prove it doesn't take as much energy to do "more with less".

Butane%2BConsumption%2Bvs%2BApplication%2BRanges%2B%255B330x300%255D%2B.PNG

And talking of "less"... That curve above is about how i perceive going from yellow "candle" flames to the torch ones. Long pre-heat made me feel short of breath, wasting bowls in vain all too often; while the new Hybrid Core configurations gave me access to a radically different ritual that's similar to this:

Micro-Bursting%2BSequence%2B%25282016-May-3%2529%2B%255B480x100%255D%2B.PNG

Take note very little inhalation force is required to keep a flame alive. Not to mention i no longer pre-heat for this long, thanks to acquiring more suitable operator skills i guess...

Last but not least, here's how optimistic i feel for VaporGenie's future:

Weapon%2Bof%2BMassive%2BSeduction%2B%25282018-Mar-18%2529%2B%255B300x400%255D%2B.PNG

Egzoset%2527s%2BBi-Energy%2BSlogan%2B.GiF

Imagine a glass Bi-Energy Sherlock...

So that's why i'm still urging VG to integrate IH/"Bi-Energy" features to their original patent, since "Plan-B" is already theirs de-facto while "Bi-Energy" doesn't exist without it anyway.

In any case the founding manufacturer intuition proved correct relatively to a selection of materials which i'm glad to have trusted initially.

:cool:

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

Last edited:

hibeam

alpha +
I finally got the SS Coil, after passing over it numerous time since 2015 when I got a Lotus. I kept looking at it because of its novelty but never considered it to be serious. Then this year instead of ordering a replacement Lotus cap I watched some Vapor Genie vids because for the cap money I could get a whole Genie. I saw that really chill looking big dude toke with the coil in his car. It looked like he combusted, but then he showed the ABV.

I can dose much faster with the coil than the Lotus. I can use a <5.00 Eagle piezo lighter with a 1/3 inch flame. And with a little adjustment for how the filter end and the bowl end connect, I can use a half pinch of herb at a time. Very ingenious design and FUN to puzzle with.

So, is it possible to use the VG concentrate pad in the bowl? I can imagine the melty running right out through the spring gaps. Also, do people connect the coil to other devices?

Samson

Hey just wondering if anyone who has both the GVG and the DynaVap can recommend a lighter that would work well with both? Trying to use one lighter with both devices.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Zak McKracken

I have solved the harshness issues with my walnut vg by placing some hemp fiber under the screen.Now it's my hardest hitting portable. I use it with a torch lighter.So ,@Samson I guess any torch lighter with adjustable flame would do for both IME.It's mostly the technique.

204Markie

I saw that really chill looking big dude toke with the coil in his car. It looked like he combusted, but then he showed the ABV.

Lol at chill looking big dude! He does a lot of good vape review and demos and some are pretty comical.

So my VG is one of my first vapes and because friends have combusted in it TOO many times it has a bit of a taste that I cant get rid of :(. At my local headshop the VG with the colors are on clearance but I really dont like the look of them compared to the hand carved one I have.

After looking on the forums i saw that people made a BonG attachment (brass on glass) and i thought i could give it new life by getting that and using it with a J hook. The problem is that I cant seem to find the exact piece for it at Home depot. And searches on google isnt helping so much, so could someone send me a link?

Much appreciated, as always 420 in the 204!

204Markie,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I gave away my first one that came with a blue/purple patina and it was looking really good after sitting out on the screened porch for a couple years. When i went to order a new one i found they only sell it with the gold finish these days. . . I did see that they're now out of stock, thankfully mines on the way.

OF

If you guys are really serious about this, I suggest considering the 'go to' solution Gunsmiths use for Brass and Bronze parts:
https://www.amazon.com/Birchwood-Casey-Brass-Finish-3-Ounce/dp/B0000C514O

You can often get it in larger sporting goods stores. I haven't done it in years, but you can really build up the finish, IIRC it works best if you heat it up a bit in the oven first.

OF

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I was asking about the time in the oven required for a green patina because it say's on the vapor genie web site that you can get the patina by washing and drying it well and baking it in the oven at 300F-350F for about an hour and that the patina color varies depending on the temp and time its baked.

A good friend told me I could pee on it for a few days and it would be the color of the statue of liberty in a short time but somehow that just doesn't sound like a great solution to me.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I was asking about the time in the oven required for a green patina because it say's on the vapor genie web site that you can get the patina by washing and drying it well and baking it in the oven at 300F-350F for about an hour and that the patina color varies depending on the temp and time its baked.
FWIW I tried this once, but it didn't work for me. I might have done something wrong of course. Ok, likely. :ugh:

I don't care about the patina anymore and just enjoy the unit's performance. Often.

:peace:

OF

FWIW I tried this once, but it didn't work for me. I might have done something wrong of course. Ok, likely. :ugh:

I don't care about the patina anymore and just enjoy the unit's performance. Often.

I tried that once on some Black Powder pistol parts, wanting to make them look like they were very old. I too had not much luck. Then a couple of 'the guys with dead animals on their heads' ('coon skin hats like Dannel Boone and such) from the club gave a few hints. Like it has to be squeaky clean, wipe down with Acetone clean. Then don't touch it, even with 'rubber' gloves (clean cotton cloth or hang on wires), a tiny film of skin oils or similar junk keeps the Oxygen away, making for blotches in the surface. Secondly, time in the oven is important, it can take a while to get a deep finish.

I ended up using the chemical (again, their advice), which came out too dark. Then I gently polished it down to the color I wanted with 0000 steel wool with a bit of oil as I recall. Took some fiddling, but in the end it came out blending right in.

Then again, Stu's idea of running a lot of herb trough it has merit as well.......

OF

KidFated.

Unknown Member
It’s great to see I’m not the only one still enjoying these vapor genies! I still rock a coil in a bubbler, it’s actually our “garage” vape and it performs flawlessly everytime! I still use my hand carved while watching tv with the girlfriend, and the classic was one of my first vapes! A solid intro to the flavor and efficiency of vaporization!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes the Vaporgenie is an awesome vape, just be sure the bowl's screen is clean enough. I modded my Classic maple using the @Egzoset idea and added a glass screen and ss screens to get more heat retention, I don't think it's enough to mimic the Egzoset mod but I find it easier to get thick draws.

I'm thinking to get a Bronze too, looks awesome... or maybe only a cheap Coil.

Why not Vaporgenie don't try to offer newer design like DynaVap does, custom vapes, different woods and shapes, gems, gold or silver rings,... so much things to do with that vape. Would like to see a wood bong version of the VG, similar to the Coil but made of wood. Is somebody know if the bowl part is removeable from the wood? It might be nice for cleaning or to mod it to fit a waterpipe.

There is so many portable vapes avalaible now I had to look for the VG thread on the page n°4 or 5 of the portable vaporizers section! Hi @Stu , maybe it's time to create different sections like butane powered and discontinued to make a search easier for average users. When I begun in vaporization mood there was only a quarter of the choice we get now (and it was only 5-6 years ago) and already the choice act of my first portable was a nightmare for me, now it's might be crazy and time consumering for a beginner which is tight on money.

Top Bottom