VaporGenie

Killa $moke Ninja

You can look up terms like "14mm glass adapter" on fleabay, there's lots of parts to mix and match but I think that nothing you come up with will equal the performance of the real, custom-made, thing :2c:

:sherlock:
Thanks man I'll check it out and see what I can come up with , but your probably right I might as well just save up for the real thing. I think I should have just bought the sherlock first instead of all these other vapes. (The coil, the fm 5.0s,mflb,vg classic and glass bat. For now I just gotta stick to my faithful purple classic. I'll still end up getting a replacement body for my glass bat as well . Vgs are just so fuckin awesome! IMO nothing else tastes better or hits harder.

grokit

well-worn member
Thanks man I'll check it out and see what I can come up with , but your probably right I might as well just save up for the real thing. I think I should have just bought the sherlock first instead of all these other vapes. (The coil, the fm 5.0s,mflb,vg classic and glass bat. For now I just gotta stick to my faithful purple classic. I'll still end up getting a replacement body for my glass bat as well . Vgs are just so fuckin awesome! IMO nothing else tastes better or hits harder.
I went through a similar kind of vg progression. First I ordered a glass bat and loved it. Then a bronze sherlock and wasn't into it, so I exchanged it for the glass sherlock. I loved it so much I gifted the bat to a friend I was trying to convert that was into chillums. Recently I added a wooden classic model :)

Killa $moke Ninja

I went through a similar kind of vg progression. First I ordered a glass bat and loved it. Then a bronze sherlock and wasn't into it, so I exchanged it for the glass sherlock. I loved it so much I gifted the bat to a friend I was trying to convert that was into chillums. Recently I added a wooden classic model :)
So how big is the top piece and bowl on the glass sherlock? Because I found a reducer on eBay for a couple bucks that is 14 mm female on top and 18 mm male on the bottom and my ceramic from my bat fits snug in a 14 mm . The VG people said it wouldn't fit the sherlock, but I think they might be fibbing about that so I can buy the whole thing.

Killa $moke Ninja,

Just out of curiosity what didn't you like about the BSVG? I ask because you're just about the only person I've seen say they find another model superior.

I own two HC's and an old coil but have used the glass bat and classic. The BSVG calls my name..

grokit

well-worn member
Just out of curiosity what didn't you like about the BSVG? I ask because you're just about the only person I've seen say they find another model superior.
There was a similar case posted here relatively recently, where the purchaser was dissatisfied with his new bsvg. I liked its looks online, but I used it once and didn't like it; it was years ago so the details are murky, but this recent issue sounded similar to what I received. I cleaned it to new (not supposed to return used) and was able to exchange it. You can search my past posts in this thread for more, but glass vgs rock.

:sherlock:

Smokelessoz1990

Been lurking on this site for some time. Got myself a handcarved VG and the tips here have been invaluable in making the learning curve a breeze.

One thing I did that also helped alot was to do a dry run of the pipe with nothing loaded in the bowl. This really helped me to determine which sensations would come from the pipe and how to position the flame. Made the first actual attempt a breeze and I had a cloud on my first bowl.

Cheers for an awesome forum.

Gray Area

Thought it was long overdue time I came and reported how very impressed I was with the VG coil I bought for a recent trip to Amsterdam.

I bought it to take unused and leave there after use...
Wow, was I sorry to leave it.

I too did a couple of empty hits to get the feel of the heat to expect on the lips etc and had it hitting great from the off as soon as I got to try it for real. Couple of charred loads to start with but my fault really as I was pushing it out of curiosity (as you do).

I used a torch lighter and just about avoided burning my eyes or nose. I have to say it's quicker to produce vapor than my lotus (or any other portable I've used) and the vapor quality itself is fantastic when used right, and completely under your control :tup:

I'm truly amazed that these aren't more popular considering the price and similarity to smoking a pipe. Maybe a less funky looking classic body, I dunno... :shrug:

I'd have preferred a hand carved or bare wood classic but took the stealth option for my trip, going to pick one up sometime soon now I know how great these things are.

:peace:

Killa $moke Ninja

High marks for ingenuity
Thank you very much sir! It's a lil awkward but it works pretty damn good for now until I can find the perfect 19mm male mini bubbler to attatch it to. The steamroller wasn't really made to fit a 19mm female but it works. It's not exactly a perfect fit. I didn't really like the little raspberry picture on it though. It was supposed to say 420 in rasta colors and I don't know why this pic came out upside down.

[/URL.[/URL

Last edited:

Schotzele

Relaxing
Thought it was long overdue time I came and reported how very impressed I was with the VG coil I bought for a recent trip to Amsterdam.

I bought it to take unused and leave there after use...
Wow, was I sorry to leave it.

I too did a couple of empty hits to get the feel of the heat to expect on the lips etc and had it hitting great from the off as soon as I got to try it for real. Couple of charred loads to start with but my fault really as I was pushing it out of curiosity (as you do).

I used a torch lighter and just about avoided burning my eyes or nose. I have to say it's quicker to produce vapor than my lotus (or any other portable I've used) and the vapor quality itself is fantastic when used right, and completely under your control :tup:

I'm truly amazed that these aren't more popular considering the price and similarity to smoking a pipe. Maybe a less funky looking classic body, I dunno... :shrug:

I'd have preferred a hand carved or bare wood classic but took the stealth option for my trip, going to pick one up sometime soon now I know how great these things are.

Handcarved VG is an excellent choice, I have a couple of them and love them all.

I really don't understand why you left your ss coil VG behind you in Ams.

Those can easily been disassembled and all parts can be cleaned in solvant.

Hope you did not throw it away at least... next time let me know ;)

Gray Area

Handcarved VG is an excellent choice, I have a couple of them and love them all.

I really don't understand why you left your ss coil VG behind you in Ams.

Those can easily been disassembled and all parts can be cleaned in solvant.

Hope you did not throw it away at least... next time let me know ;)

No, it was left in a coffeeshop with the guy at the bar. Hopefully he/or someone else will get use of it. I'll give you a shout next time ;)

I simply had nowhere to clean it... had a long wait for a flight after leaving the place I was staying (ADM Amsterdam, fantastic place, an old shipyard that's been squatted now for years), and so was killing time using the coil... it got dirty :rofl:

Yeah I reckon a hand carved is on the cards, although I do like the flamed effect natural classics too.

Got to try the aluminium bat the other day too. A friend bought one coincidently just after I got back. To be honest I wasn't as impressed as I was with the coil, but to be fair he only had a clipper lighter to use and I was using a torch with the coil, so it could well have been my technique :shrug:

Still amazed these aren't more popular considering the price.

Schotzele

Relaxing
Definitely, considering its price, efficiency and sustainability it might be the best deal, especially for beginners.

To be honest I only like the Bats and the Coil on a waterpipe. I've tried to add a mouthpiece on a Bat but still find it uncomfortable to use.

For regular use I'm a fan of my walnut handcarved.

I'm a bit of a VG freak (among others) as you can see ;
2NhMxpi.jpg

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
To be honest I only like the Bats and the Coil on a waterpipe. I've tried to add a mouthpiece on a Bat but still find it uncomfortable to use.

For regular use I'm a fan of my walnut handcarved.

Awesome collection.

i love the classic and hand-carved VGs and had a decent time with the coil but the SS bat is one of the most useless vaporizers I've owned or tried.

Schotzele

Relaxing
Thanks for the compliment ;) I'm crazy about those classy stylish sexy elegant little wooden things :love:

Try your Bat on a (preferable glass) bong. You might be happily surprised!

I have 2 stainless steel bats that are too heavy for my glass bong, I actually never use them. But I'm now on a rediscovery trip of my forgotten dusty vaporizers hehe

I never really managed to use my coil VG properly (it's an older model from 2013 I guess, thinner coil), what do you guys appreciate about this model?

Schotzele,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

hillbill

You see what vapor genies I have and the still get used but Flowermates and my underdog get the most use now. The old SS coil was too flexible and would chip away at the filer and it would allow it to tip causing combustion. The NEW COIL is vastly better and may be my hardest hitting vape. This is not a toy.

Killa $moke Ninja

You see what vapor genies I have and the still get used but Flowermates and my underdog get the most use now. The old SS coil was too flexible and would chip away at the filer and it would allow it to tip causing combustion. The NEW COIL is vastly better and may be my hardest hitting vape. This is not a toy.
I dropped my glass steamroller and shattered it. So I upgraded to this lil mini bubbler I got at the local headshop for 15$. It works even better and it's more comfortable to hit. I'm able to position the flame much better and I have a better view to watch the vapor form. Plus now I can add water and ice .

Last edited:
The NEW COIL is vastly better and may be my hardest hitting vape. This is not a toy.

Just purchased the coil and 1-2 good cloud hits with many failed vapes attempt.

Here's my story I use the MFLB as my daily vape. The extreme q I find inefficient use of flower but I love the balloons. I have a VG classic in a location I visit frequently and just used it and forgot how much I love VG.

With that said go back home and wanted a VG but needed a more stealth vape (reason I use MFLB) to use on my balcony - I know how to use the classic but fail at the coil. (Use bic on classic so using bic on coil)

Is there a special angle to hold the coil, or adjust the bowl height or ???

All help appreciated.

Ps wondering if I can use something other than flower to practice (I'm wasting flower with no cloud or buzz )

Thanks

hillbill

Hold candle lighter just below and in front of end of coil and light, inhale so the flame dances slightly into the coil. Steadily inhale and you will feel the pull of the herb vaporizing. Keep pulling gently 'till you are lit. This vape will get warm but A/C vent on your vehicle cools it fast. The bats can be cooled by running cold water over them while covering intake with thumb. Wiping dew off grasses and waving wet bat in the air works to.

Hold candle lighter just below and in front of end of coil and light, inhale so the flame dances slightly into the coil. Steadily inhale and you will feel the pull of the herb vaporizing. Keep pulling gently 'till you are lit. This vape will get warm but A/C vent on your vehicle cools it fast. The bats can be cooled by running cold water over them while covering intake with thumb. Wiping dew off grasses and waving wet bat in the air works to.

many thanks and sending lots of good karma - you guys really taught me how to use the coil . the best advice was to hold the flame below and let the flame dance as I inhale.

loaded a ball and now understand that it needs to be a complete full bowel. interesting because the classic vapor genie you only fill the bowel up 3/4 and then screw on the top.

I now understand the aero dynamics of the why the coil (with a seemingly larger bowel than classic) requires to have a full bowl.

which makes me think that possibly having a screen on top of the flower to create a 'puck' ... A filter of flower between heated air, That would insure the air flow has flower

Now I'm getting great vapes and incredible buzz. Really elevating buzz. (Still have lots to learn because of occasional 'nothing')

OK Vaped a bowel with the coil before going for my exercise walk ... Today's walk was a NEW experience - wow I'm loving my coil

More to follow ... Will share my learning curve for others & future VG coil

Side bar: I'm sure this must be discussed somewhere in the forums different vaporizers different buzzes with same flower.

I'm thinking the VG coil gives me higher high than my MFLB or is it just something new way and a change

Going to read this forum for torch lighter suggestions

More to follow

Top Bottom