VaporGenie

OF

When you mean by adjustable. Does it change to a soft flame or just make the torch smaller? I'm looking for an adjustable dual flame torch lighter.. I think I may have found some.

I meant adjustment in the normal sense. As in pressing the gas pedal adjust the speed of the car. Not a mode change from torch to candle flame, that would be the car version of using reverse?

I guess I never found much use for such things (even though I have a couple for other reasons. IMO that's a gimmick, not a feature for the most part. It's sure not any adjustment. By changing the air intake (as they do) you change the way heat is produced/delivered but don't adjust the heat in any real way. The same amount of gas is being burned, the same number of calories liberated per minute. It's a matter of concentration and control. No change in heat output in the overall sense.

If you want a candle flame type lighter, I suggest you get one designed that way. Likewise if you want a torch type, a candle flame 'feature' might as well be a can opener or light saber when it comes time to use as a torch lighter. A fun gimmick perhaps, but a compromise in design and another moving part to fail.

If you're still hung up on the idea, you might consider:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...st-503-pen-style-butane-jet-torch-and-lighter

I like the built in stand and 'no roll' yet still basically round body. Kind of large for a pocket......

OF

PS, glad folks are enjoying 'shopping' at DX.......don't spend too much money......

OF,

Looper

I meant adjustment in the normal sense. As in pressing the gas pedal adjust the speed of the car. Not a mode change from torch to candle flame, that would be the car version of using reverse?

I guess I never found much use for such things (even though I have a couple for other reasons. IMO that's a gimmick, not a feature for the most part. It's sure not any adjustment. By changing the air intake (as they do) you change the way heat is produced/delivered but don't adjust the heat in any real way. The same amount of gas is being burned, the same number of calories liberated per minute. It's a matter of concentration and control. No change in heat output in the overall sense.

If you want a candle flame type lighter, I suggest you get one designed that way. Likewise if you want a torch type, a candle flame 'feature' might as well be a can opener or light saber when it comes time to use as a torch lighter. A fun gimmick perhaps, but a compromise in design and another moving part to fail.

If you're still hung up on the idea, you might consider:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...st-503-pen-style-butane-jet-torch-and-lighter

I like the built in stand and 'no roll' yet still basically round body. Kind of large for a pocket......

OF

PS, glad folks are enjoying 'shopping' at DX.......don't spend too much money......

Didn't realize that pen style was dual flame. Thanks! Now I know what lighter to get :D

Looper,

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Ahh never saw one before, have seen many Hookahs, curious as to why he called it a vaporizer...though he says it turns into a steam?

HillaryClinton,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Hookahs actually do vaporize if used correctly but your breathing in the fumes of the coal along with the vapor.

Found a dozen or so like that from the Islands a few weeks ago, I'll try to remember what search terms I used.
Now I cant find 'em.

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Hookahs actually do vaporize if used correctly but your breathing in the fumes of the coal along with the vapor.

Found a dozen or so like that from the Islands a few weeks ago, I'll try to remember what search terms I used.
Now I cant find 'em.

Huh, that's interesting, wonder the effects of the coal....wonder how bad that is, can't be great I would think.

HillaryClinton,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Here is a vid showing the coconut vaporizer...

I have to also add that I still enjoy using my healthstone/VG herb mod pipe for an all glass dry portable that fits in my pocket better than the J hook style of the VG glass stem. :D I have it stowed away for my summer festing enjoyment.

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth

Ronp

I noticed that if I use my Vector Volt torch with my coil, it remains much cooler than if I use hemp wick or a soft lighter; maybe it's due to the fact that I'm able to heat it up quicker. I'm unable to run a complete session with my coil and hemp wick or a bic; the coil gets too hot. I'm able to run a full session and my ABV is a nice dark brown with the torch.
I would buy the Vector at an authorized local dealer; if you buy it local, you can bring it them if you have a problem, and they'll send it to vector for free. If you buy it online you have to pay for shipping if there is an issue.
One aside: If you buy the vector volt get the tie dye color and get the tie dye kind cache try: They are a perfect match in color and look great together.

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
I just ordered the Rapid Dash Vector lighter from cheaphumidors on ebay, his return policy seemed nice.

"Cheaphumidors is committed to excellence! That means we want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase. If a problem exists, we'll do whatever it takes for you to be satisfied. If for some reason a product doesn't work correctly, we'll make it right (and we'll make that a priority)! And if we can't satisfy you, we'll gladly refund your money.

Cheaphumidors warrantees all merchandise free from manufacturer defects for one year. If your new Cheaphumidors product is defective we will replace or repair it!"

On the Vector site it seems they also give a no questions asked lifetime, if it breaks ship it to them and they fix or replace, so I think I am safe ordering online, I don't mind paying a shipping fee for something that small anyways, usually really cheap, hopefully the lighter lasts a while.

HillaryClinton,
Reactions: Ronp

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Just got my free screens in the mail (thanks VG!) and they threw in a sticker! Can't bitch one single bit!

Yeah they do that, did the same a month ago, nice free service, hope no one abuses it though.

Vector lighter seems nice, seems to ignite 9 out of 10 times though, and I wish the adjuster was metal like the rest of the lighter but its a small nitpick, overall not bad for the price I don't think...

HillaryClinton,
Reactions: Vitolo

Ronp

Yeah they do that, did the same a month ago, nice free service, hope no one abuses it though.

Vector lighter seems nice, seems to ignite 9 out of 10 times though, and I wish the adjuster was metal like the rest of the lighter but its a small nitpick, overall not bad for the price I don't think...
It's so difficult to find a reliable torch lighter. Vector or Xikar seem to be the best for people who would like to spend their money on other things.

I also got a free screen about two months ago. I thought the same thing: "How long before some fool abuses Vapor Genie, and we all lose." That's always the way. I love this community: When else can you call a manufacturer, talk to the owner, and have him send you something free. I don't know about you, but I'm a regular guy who doesn't talk to many succesful owners of businesses.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Considering it was 98¢ postage, plus screens and a sticker? That's gotta add up!

Great people. Great products.

And FC is quite the community!

Ronp

Let just say, I have $100 in my pocket, (which I don't)...

Let's start this again...If someone were to give me $100, what should I invest their (now mine) money in: Should I get a vapor genie bonze sherlock or a Lotus. I like the fact that if I have fire, I could theoretically use the stick and heat the vapor genie, but I don't think I will ever be in that situation. The folks that have the Lotus speak like it's better than most desk tops. I have a NO2, a Solo, a V-Tower, a VG Coil, a classic VG and a MFLB. With this line up of vapes is it likley, if I get a Lotus, that it will be markably better then these other vapes?

Ronp,

OF

The folks that have the Lotus speak like it's better than most desk tops. I have a NO2, a Solo, a V-Tower, a VG Coil, a classic VG and a MFLB. With this line up of vapes is it likley, if I get a Lotus, that it will be markably better then these other vapes?

I have a Lotus that sees little use. Since getting it, I've bought 2 more VGs including my favorite the Bronze one.

OF

hoptimum

Let just say, I have $100 in my pocket, (which I don't)...

Let's start this again...If someone were to give me $100, what should I invest their (now mine) money in: Should I get a vapor genie bonze sherlock or a Lotus. I like the fact that if I have fire, I could theoretically use the stick and heat the vapor genie, but I don't think I will ever be in that situation. The folks that have the Lotus speak like it's better than most desk tops. I have a NO2, a Solo, a V-Tower, a VG Coil, a classic VG and a MFLB. With this line up of vapes is it likley, if I get a Lotus, that it will be markably better then these other vapes?

Considering you already have 2 VGs, I'd get the Lotus with the water pipe adapter if you have a bubbler.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
i had a friend who was wanting the VG stainless coil.
wondering if its any good.
The coil is great for using with a water tool. I didn't care much for using it without water tbh. It's probably the closest thing that VG will make as a WPA version as they don't seem to want to cater to those of us that like to use water toys. I much prefer the Bronze sherlock for handheld use.:2c:

:peace:

New_World

Cuck Fombustion
pros and cons of new style vapor genie vs the old?

pro for new style
-mouthpiece has larger opening
-new top filter is replaceable.

anything else??

New_World,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Are you speaking of the older tops from pre 2011?

I find the newer tops with replaceable filters make combustion more difficult. Otherwise there isn't anything different in performance.

paytonpenn,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
My original VG classic has the permanent filter and is now the bottom of the fiter is very stinky.
@Vitolo is there a way to replace my filter ? TIA if you know a way.

Top Bottom