VaporGenie

jambandphan03

in flavor country
ok...I'm already calling dibs on the brass VG when jam buys it and then wants to sell it!

Ha!! well, it's not glass, so chances are less likely I'd want to sell it off, but they need to get some of those Bronze pipes in stock at VG!! I've been watching for about a month, and the one time they had some, it sold out while I was still shopping. I tell you what though sticks, if that is to happen, you'll be the first to know.;)

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Just a quick tip for those of you using the glass sherlock VG. The plastic 18mm Keck Clip slips right over the top of the glass VG top, for easy removal when it might still be hot.

yaKlbwO.jpg

MGd8zbr.jpg

stickstones

Vapor concierge
jam...I rarely found the top to get too hot for me with the Sherlock. Is it getting hotter when you use it on the glass pipe adapter you made? I still gotta get that project going!

stickstones,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
yeah, I use blue flame mostly with the glass gong, and it can get hot, I like to stir often with this set up. Enjoying a little wake and vape with the teak hand carved :brow:

jambandphan03,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
You do not ever immerse the stone in water.
You clean it by torching it to glowing then let it cool.
check that the filter is seated all the wa6y at bottom, and that the metal clip is holding it firmly... not wiggle...
then hold the top up to the light to see that there are no gaps visible for flame to sneak by.
yea i will def check it out i know what it is i dropped it 10 feet onto a rock and the metal thing in the filter is loose, it still works but the flame is getting pass the stone filter i think and combusting one side of the material i havent been using because im over the butane and stuff and i got a da vinci now but the thing does rip and its a good pipe.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Damn you Puffitup.com! How do I say no to a $40 maple VG, before FC discount is even factored in?

I hadn't used a classic VG in several years now and I definitely appreciate the slight design changes. The classic VG really is a brutally effective design for how inexpensive it is; I was blowing out a huge vapor cloud within 2 minutes of unpacking the box.
Thanks for the tip, I just got one for $34! Been in need of a portable for herb and this seems cheap and easy...
Ps looks like I got the last natural?? Only yellow left, get it while it's hot!!

SSVUN~YAH,
Reactions: OF

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
yea i will def check it out i know what it is i dropped it 10 feet onto a rock and the metal thing in the filter is loose, it still works but the flame is getting pass the stone filter i think and combusting one side of the material i havent been using because im over the butane and stuff and i got a da vinci now but the thing does rip and its a good pipe.
If you remove the ring and the ceramic filter is in one piece , place it back in so it's laying flat in the top section so no flame can get past . If the "Stone" ain't broken Your good to go.

RUDE BOY,

OF

You know 'getting past the carbide heating body' isn't right. Depending on the model it's held in by a clip or other means you can easily correct. Kept in working order and used correctly it does a great job for LOTS of users (many of them here).

If I was going to pick vapes to drop ten feet on their heads, VG would definitely be on that list. At least some models.

My advice is get it back in working order and enjoy it. IMO Butane phobia is no reason to not use a well running lighter....you don't fear a gas stove in the kitchen do you? A LOT more gas used there..... There's also hemp wick of course.

Your call, of course.

OF

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
The VG was one of the first vaps I tried. It was a buddy's and being a noob with it I don't recall it working out very well. I then got my SSV and I dismissed the VG and didn't really try it after that. I've been getting into flame based vaps and I'm wondering how the VG would be now that i've become much more experienced with vaping. From what i have read here, the VG delivers big hits.

SSVUN~YAH

^^ Very similar story here too! Although I have never used a lighter based vape, my first try was a wooden box vape wasn't impressed. But I bought my first vape, the ssv, over 4 months ago and now I can't believe I didn't like vaporizers back then! We must have been doing something wrong back then, b/c vaping is the shiz! Stoked about this lil VG hope I pick up the tricks quick!

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
^^ Very similar story here too! Although I have never used a lighter based vape, my first try was a wooden box vape wasn't impressed. But I bought my first vape, the ssv, over 4 months ago and now I can't believe I didn't like vaporizers back then! We must have been doing something wrong back then, b/c vaping is the shiz! Stoked about this lil VG hope I pick up the tricks quick!

If you have a chance, post a little update after it gets there and let us know please. I'm interested in hearing how it goes.

I got my SSV as a gift roughly 6 years ago now, from someone who cares very deeply about me and wanted me to be as healthy as possible. I did the research and picked it out. It's still running just like it did the first day, so you've made a good investment there.

I don't want to post the SSV stuff here and distract the thread; the most important part is the caring and the being healthy.

people still reading this, if there is someone out there you care about that is still combusting, reach out and get them vaping.

The VG is the perfect price for such a gift and i'm pleased to read in this thread that some people have been through a bunch of VGs because they end up giving them away. Major props to you people.

SSVUN~YAH

Thanks for the tip, I just got one for $34! Been in need of a portable for herb and this seems cheap and easy...
Ps looks like I got the last natural?? Only yellow left, get it while it's hot!!
They went quick!

SSVUN~YAH,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations LaugingSoDreamy12,

...the flame is getting past the stone filter i think and combusting one side...

Somehow this formulation makes it sound incorrect as the flame should never come in contact with anything: it's the heated air around it which we're supposed to depend on, otherwise contact will cause improper butane burning which in turn translates as soot build up + ruined aroma/taste, unless i'd be mistaking...

Consequently, since i'm new to this i'm now actually using 2 sintered-ceramic heat-diffusers instead of a single one, the later being original while another on top (near the entry) was made 5 mm thick using an ordinary file:

Of course it's still possible to combust even without direct flame contact, i experienced it routinely in the begining but found a solution and now i'm satisfied with it. The taste of butane is an experience i haven't renewed for weeks, nonetheless...

:peace:

Egzoset,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I know I posted about this in the HealthStone thread, but since I have been pairing up my HS pipe with my VG glass top, I've been using this set up for a bit now, and really loving it. I thought I'd share this here too since I am using VG parts for the mod, in case anyone else has these parts and wants to give it a try... I took the VG screen and wire support and suspended it inside the HS bowl, it fits in mine perfectly, but it can push through if too much force is used, have to be light handed when stirring. It's been working beautifully this way, and so far have not combusted with this set up, even with blue flame, though I am careful to keep a nice gap between the flame and the stone. I do prefer the size of this glass pipe over the sherlock. It fits nice in my pocket, but I am likely going to leave this one at my desk.

V4wWioH.jpg

AHZAX4Z.jpg

BmT0cnV.jpg

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations JamBandPhan03,

...HealthStone...

Well, if "HealthStones" are about sintered-glass heat-diffusers then that's certainly interesting but i've got to wonder if one can rework such "filter" pucks with a file, as i felt was necessary in my particular case...

Egzoset,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
...you can use the regular stone for the HS, it's just hard to get in and out, unless you make something to lift it with. I got mixed results using the HS stone though, because my wire lift was degrading the edges a bit and making gaps for the flame to seep in. The VG top has offered me very clean and controlled hits so far.

jambandphan03,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
jam...I just ordered a side firing torch lighter to use with my GVG. Have you already posted your tips for using the torch? I came in here to ask you but thought you might have already put it out there.

stickstones,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I did post some tips a while back, but basically you want to keep the blue flame at a distance, and let the heat coming off the flame enter. I usually hold mine a couple of inches or so above the bowl, you can adjust distance depending on how hot your torch gets, less is more with the blue flame. I have not experimented with holding it sideways, I always point mine at the stone, and move it in a tiny circle to try to avoid hot spots. :D

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again JamBandPhan03,

...gaps for the flame to seep in.

That's one part i'm most puzzled about. Wouldn't contact with flames generate soot while hurting taste/aroma with butane reminescences? Etc...

7.gif

The VG top has offered me very clean and controlled hits so far.

Gime another month or two and i'll probably find myself in a position where i can think of a statement that competes with yours above! My pipe tool already serves me well and i wouldn't want to go back, that's what i can tell so far but my optimism is growing!!

16.gif

...you want to keep the blue flame at a distance...

M'yeah, sort of noticed...

...move it in a tiny circle to try to avoid hot spots.

I have a question on my mind about this. I've sandwiched two sintered-ceramic "filters" with some amount of air in the void between them, this modification appears to work for me so i wonder if that's not doing something similar when it comes to "hot spots". What would you expect this is doing exactly?

Have i created a vortex inside the heat exchanger or else?!...

Egzoset,
Reactions: OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Hi again JamBandPhan03,

That's one part i'm most puzzled about. Wouldn't contact with flames generate soot while hurting taste/aroma with butane reminescences? Etc...

7.gif

You don't get soot with blue flame, and I have watched the fire creep into the side of the HS disk where I had worn a small groove, and dip into the herb creating an instant cherry (the benefit of using clear glass) so that is what I mean. If I were using yellow flame, it would create soot so you don't want that touching the stone.

SSVUN~YAH

Well no update on shipping the past couple days so I emailed PIU. Just got an email back from Randy and he informed me they had no units to ship and since they weren't getting anymore units, they purchased a new one from the manufacture to be sent to me! Talk about great customer service, above and beyond!

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations everyone,

Are there VG owners using both the Lotus L1100 Gaucho lighter and the VaporGenie customized version?

I'm curious more specifically about customer impressions... Whatever makes one prefer a product over another, for example!

Egzoset,

satyrday

Just tried out my brand new yellow wood VG that I got on clearance from piu. Sticks turned me on to the VG through his comments in an Ask FC thread. I was afraid the yellow would look too funky, but it's actually a very pleasant shade and I'm glad I got it instead of the natural wood tone. Makes it stand out a little - like a bumble bee with that black stem.

First try with my Firebird Hookah jet flame lighter and I got a very thick hit - clean and simple. The bowl loosely filled about half full. Just blasted it with the tip of the flame barely entering the top and away she went. Checked the herb after one hit and it was pretty even light brown with just one tiny black spot, so I will be adjusting the flame a little. But the taste was still very good!

So simple and effective. Makes me realize how much my yearning for new and expensive vapes is often just vape-lust and not real need. I feel already it's by far my best bang for the buck purchase at $32.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So simple and effective. Makes me realize how much my yearning for new and expensive vapes is often just vape-lust and not real need. I feel already it's my best bang for the buck purchase at $32.

yes, I have found that I prefer the VG over my other portables now, unless I am going out to a show, then I'll use the Pax for stealth, but my other vapes have been getting much less attention since the VG has entered the picture (and all the other flame mods that I have concocted ;) ) I do enjoy the simplicity and the higher temp vapor. Glad to see your yellow VG is working out! :D

tonight, I took a healthstone ceramic disk and shaved it down with a file, and made it fit inside one of my low-pro 18-14 adapter, and sure enough it works well on top of that 14-18 expander gong mod.:ko:

:leaf:Happy 4/20 everyone!! :science:

Top Bottom