• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporgenie: Smoke or Vapor? Descriptions and questions about smoking

heyheyheyhey

Hello,

Great Forum! I have been reading about the VG i just bought. I like it so far, but i have a few questions as i try to figure out how to use it:

1. When you exhale, should there be nothing visible in the mirror? I am confused if i am getting the herbs too hot and actually burning them instead of vaporizing them. Sometimes i see big clouds of what look to be smoke, but could it be vapor? Sometimes i breathe out and only taste the herbs, but cant see anything escape from the mouth. I am colorblind so the blue reference does not help!

2. What color should the herbal mixtures be when finished smoking? I have seen other vapes where a brown color is the final point, but the vaporgenie website says to vaporize until it turns dark brown or black. I smoked some of the old vaporgenie herbs and they seemed to be potent in the conventional bowl. Does this mean they can go further in the VG?

Thanks!

heyheyheyhey,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
There you go! Yes, with the VG it IS easier to combust than with other vapes but unlearn what you have learned with all of your days as combusting.

Trust your senses here - curl your tongue up and feel the warmth of the vapor as you are slowly drawing in. (I removed my black mp as it got too hot for me)

Taste the flavors that you didnt before. It should taste 'sweeter' and much more pleasureable. It took me a little getting used to but you learn the different tastes. As you get several tokes into your pack, the blend will start to taste more 'toasted' and almost always immediately like burned popcorn if you accidentally combusted. (Or are getting close to the end of your pack)

YES! You will get VISABLE vapor (especially with the VG) but your best guide (imo) is your other senses. Taste (and smell) you will learn when you are getting pure vapey goodness, and when you accidentally (or when your noob friends) combust in the VG by accident.

Good luck and remember to take your time on the inhale :)

Oh yeah, and your spent ABV will be brown. There are varying degrees of browness depending on how spent it is and may even vary from strain to strain. If you have combusted it will be black. You will see the brown(er) ABV with black spots.
Ive even had a small cherry in my LB from combusting before. That beiotch didnt want to go out and I had to dump it in a hurry :p

AGBeer,

the electrician

I had one of these once, it was my first vaporizer and i was in england, so uh...yea. Its a good, sturdy piece of equipment though, a good thing for a group if they know how to use it. When the bowls packed you can chuck it around from person to person without any mess. \A good experience with it was watching the colors live dvd and getting totally lost in it sharing just a couple bowls with a friend, used next to no weed at all.

How I like to measure vapour is using a desk lamp. However, the guy above me is correct. In the long run you want to be able to know by taste when youre getting the vapor you want, desk lamps dont exist away from desks remember.

Black herbs are generally ones that have combusted at some point. If youre careful you can get them to a very dark brown with the vapor genie, though i was rarely good enough for it.

the electrician,

aero18

vaporist
Distinguishing burning matter from vapor is very easy to do since they both taste radically different. If you have ever smoked cannabis before, you should be able to pick out vapor from burning plant matter.

Vapor has a more subtle taste, kind of a dusty sweet taste. It also tastes a lot like the smell fresh cannabis.

aero18,

SmogTown

Easy vapor should taste like bud smells at least the first hit, smoke tastes like tobacco only way i can put it. That's why i have troubling smoking bud now. :2c:

SmogTown,

the electrician

Would you agree that vapour has a certain feel to it as well. It's kind of obvious i guess, but when you take a nice big hit out of your chosen apparatus there's a sense of total lucidity i find thats completely separate from a smoky hit

the electrician,

SmogTown

the electrician said:
Would you agree that vapour has a certain feel to it as well. It's kind of obvious i guess, but when you take a nice big hit out of your chosen apparatus there's a sense of total lucidity i find thats completely separate from a smoky hit
At least I'm not the only one who thinks that. I can feel when the VG is vaporizing properly. I don't even know how to describe it but I can definitely feel the difference.

SmogTown,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
SmogTown said:
the electrician said:
At least I'm not the only one who thinks that. I can feel when the VG is vaporizing properly. I don't even know how to describe it but I can definitely feel the difference.
most vaporizers you can feel a difference in the pull when it is vaporizing... It is an ever so slight resistance that is added too the pull when it is happening. Feels much different than it would if you hit it without a heat source. The air is more "Velvety" kind of reminds me of savoring a bite of your most favorite food.
So yes It does have a certain feel too it.

DevoTheStrange,
Top Bottom