• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VaporGenie or Vaponic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
I own a couple expensive vaporizers, in a way the Vaporgenie still is one of the best, never lets me down, I would get it over the others in that price range, you also can't go wrong with a Palm 2.0 if you can find it for around 40, I have seen it go pretty low on sale...but 60 isn't a lot, you will go through a lot of lighters with a VaporGenie anyways, so in the end its about the same.

hoptimum

Vapor Genie Classic hasn't failed me yet. I consider it a good vaporizer at an introductory price. As long as you have herb and a functional lighter, you'll always be able to vaporize. Plus you don't have to consume the whole bowl at a time, like you do with some vaporizers. Hit it, let it cool off, and hit it again whenever you want

hoptimum,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
As I said in my second post, I can't spend more than 40$, I am not seeking a long term vaporizer yet. It is just to try vaporizing, I don't even know yet if i like the vapor high. I don't want to buy a 100$ vaporizer just to realize I prefer the smoking high.

The key to fucking combustion and vaping is to give your body several weeks to adjust to vaping.

You are making a wise choice to venture into vaporizing. I had my doubts in the beginning also. Once you've stopped smoking completely for a few weeks and let your body understand what it really means to get medicated (and not the instant buzz from carbon monoxide/carcinogenics), you'll be hooked.

Once you finally try combusting after a week or two of vaping, you'll ask yourself how the hell you ever tolerated the taste of smoke! :puke:

Delta3DStudios,

Yoosh

As I said in my second post, I can't spend more than 40$, I am not seeking a long term vaporizer yet. It is just to try vaporizing, I don't even know yet if i like the vapor high. I don't want to buy a 100$ vaporizer just to realize I prefer the smoking high.

I understand the urge to try vaping before 'converting' but I think you should consider it more in terms of your health and lifestyle. There's a lot of added (unhealthy) things that are burned along with weed when combusting that contribute to your smoking high so vaping is gonna feel a bit different-especially at first. If you can make it past that initial hump it's cleaner, healthier, more effective, and cheaper in the end.

Also, 40 bucks isn't much to work with. Something to keep in mind is that your consumption is going to be cut in half with vaping, at least. By that I mean the amount of herb it takes to get you to point X. I used to go through an 8th a week and now its an 8th a month (and I'm getting sillier than I ever did smoking). Those drops in your herbal spending after switching to vaping will more than make up for the initial price of a solid vape. I've got more vapes than I could ever need and I'm still spending less a month on vaping than I ever did smoking (and I used the same bong over and over and over again).

I know vaping vs. smoking can often seem like a 'this or that' type affair but it's really more than that. I like to use herbs for the effects, not for the lifestyle. Vaping keeps me smelling clean, keeps my skin/hair nice, I cough less, I get sick less, I wake up feeling dazed way way less. I feel in control and I feel like me all the time. It's a beautiful thing. And-if I want to get fucked up-I can get really really really up there. There's a purity to the feeling I've never experienced with smoking. It cleanses 'being high' of everything besides it's best, most universal parts-trust me.

If you're concerned with keeping weed in your life think of the transition to vaping as a graduation. Things change and fun things either get left behind or grow up with you. I couldn't smoke and live the professional lifestyle I live now. It's never been a problem with vaping.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

hoptimum

I do not plan on vaping in public^^ But I don't really like the fact that I'll be inhaling butane fumes, it seems hard to get the heating right.

it's not hard with a little practice and the butane poisoning is way overblown in my opinion. I'd like to see scientific evidence that inhaling the amount of butane you're likely to encounter heating a vapor genie is harmful in any way shape or form. Otherwise I'd like to see that canard buried once and for all.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
it's not hard with a little practice and the butane poisoning is way overblown in my opinion. I'd like to see scientific evidence that inhaling the amount of butane you're likely to encounter heating a vapor genie is harmful in any way shape or form. Otherwise I'd like to see that canard buried once and for all.

Not exactly true..... I can't speak for the VG, but using a Lotus which supposedly intakes LESS butane than the VG design I can speak firsthand....

One+ hour long sessions with my Lotus in a non ventillated room produced strange mild headaches shortly after my extended saturday sessions..... The headaches disappeared the second I switched to an electronic vape for my daily driver (e-Nano)

I still use my Lotus quite often, but only in a well ventilated area/outside, unless I'm sneaking a single quick hit inside, which the Lotus (or any butane vape) would be sufficient. But if you're going 3, 4, 5 loads deep, all that butane is going to add up.

Sure in small doses butane is totally safe. But in larger quantities, it can cause quite annoying mild headaches that can last for over 30 minutes. I should know, I experienced them firsthand (I'm fortunately quite healthy, rarely EVER get headaches, so I noticed a correlation quite fast). Never considered it a hazard before. Now that I use caution around it and prevent accidental inhalation, I don't get headaches.

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: KidFated.

hoptimum

Not exactly true..... I can't speak for the VG, but using a Lotus which supposedly intakes LESS butane than the VG design I can speak firsthand....

One+ hour long sessions with my Lotus in a non ventillated room produced strange mild headaches shortly after my extended saturday sessions..... The headaches disappeared the second I switched to an electronic vape for my daily driver (e-Nano)

I still use my Lotus quite often, but only in a well ventilated area/outside, unless I'm sneaking a single quick hit inside, which the Lotus (or any butane vape) would be sufficient. But if you're going 3, 4, 5 loads deep, all that butane is going to add up.

Sure in small doses butane is totally safe. But in larger quantities, it can cause quite annoying mild headaches that can last for over 30 minutes. I should know, I experienced them firsthand (I'm fortunately quite healthy, rarely EVER get headaches, so I noticed a correlation quite fast). Never considered it a hazard before. Now that I use caution around it and prevent accidental inhalation, I don't get headaches.

IMO, your headaches had as much to do with being in a non-ventilated room as it did the butane itself. Scaring people away from using butane on a VG or Lotus seems excessive to me. If anything, caution them to use it in a well ventilated environment. I also observe a lot of people complaining about the "smell" of butane when butane is colorless and odorless. It seems to me that there's way too much hysteria being vented against butane, when it's perfectly harmless in an environment with circulating air.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

...I'll have a hard time hiding a big-ass bong in my closet without them finding out. Any portable sized vape or blubbler won't be a problem...

Then i assume water is OKay though only in small quantity. Also i guess glass ain't practical...

...I can't spend more than 40$...

Houston, we got a problem!!

109.gif

...not seeking a long term vaporizer yet. It is just to try...

That's not how it works, we'd all pick the 40 $ option if it were worth the associated trade-offs.

Here's my best "stealthy" enumeration for today anyway, it's an old list:

Element VapMan
Karma DaVinci
iOLite Wispr
Storz & Bickel Plenty
Vaporfection miVape
VaporGenie Coil

Most unfortunately within such an anemic budget the VG is all that remains and there's no garantee you'll even manage. I did not. I do now but that's a modded pipe and not exactly the cheap deal i wished for initially. Long story...

...the butane poisoning is way overblown in my opinion.

It feels nice to read a reasonable comment over butane once in a while, and it's been a long while actually.

:nod:

...the amount of butane... ...colorless and odorless...

Chances are it might happen to be human mishandling errors which trigger a large majority of the usual remarks, not to mention indequate lighters & butane cans, etc...

:peace:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I got a VaporGenie for our son who just cannot have electronics.

He LOVES it. It works. It's purple, it's huge and PURPLE, but he loves it. It's not stealthy for public use, but it is great for his needs. I think I paid $42 for it.

I vote for the VG, the cheap one, because it will work. Be careful with flame, and keep the area ventilated and you hydrated.

basement farmer

My face is melting...
The VG in any form is a great introductory vaporizore. Cheap and effective, it'll get the beginner a good understanding of vaporization technique and produce very nice clouds. The effect of butane is debatable, look it up on the VG website for a fuller explanation, but the reality is that you are inhaling CO2 and water when butane fully combusts, fully flavorless and completely safe.

In my lineup of vaporizors which are all fully flame driven, the VG still gets plenty of use along with the Lotus and Vapman. Of the three, it's probably not the smoothest tasting, but it's still good in it's own way with a slightly bolder flavor.

It's also a reasonably stealthy peice and can pass as a tobacco pipe if you get it in the slightly less funky Hand Carved version.

hoptimum

I got a VaporGenie for our son who just cannot have electronics.

He LOVES it. It works. It's purple, it's huge and PURPLE, but he loves it. It's not stealthy for public use, but it is great for his needs. I think I paid $42 for it.

I vote for the VG, the cheap one, because it will work. Be careful with flame, and keep the area ventilated and you hydrated.

Purple is pretty cool

hoptimum,
Reactions: Enchantre

Jethro

After owning a Pax as my first vaporizer for almost 2 years, I decided I needed a low tech, inexpensive and reliable vaporizer. My Pax is great but it had to get sent back to the company and I was left combusting again and that is no longer acceptable. So I got a Vaporgenie classic. I love it. Get a good jet flame lighter and you will never taste any butane ever. It's also really efficient, I can pack a tiny amount and get a half dozen big, fat clouds. I love it, but the Achilles heel is definitely the lighter. When I was a big cigar smoker I would bet I spent $300-500 in blue flame lighters and every single one of them would die sooner or later. Even a very expensive Colibri using nothing but the very expensive quad filtered butane. Luckily the jet flame lighters are now very common and in every convenience store. You will not be sorry with a VG.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

Get a good jet flame lighter and you will never taste any butane ever.

It's preferable not to ignite/extinguish just inches away from a nose as it appears clogging often results in dropplet spitting and i shall add despite frequent tank purges anyway. Beware of minute fuel capacity models with a valve that must be set at full throttle (with no real control range) and avoid retractable covers which may transfer excessive heat - or keep wet paper around to dissipate it between tokes...

Yet, overall a blue jet flame butane lighter has definitive advantages in the end anyway. :nod:

...I can pack a tiny amount...

The HerbalAire crucible sure feels wasteful in comparison. A bowl can hold maybe as little as 80 ~ 100 mg i my modded VG Classic, additionally weeks ago i started to "blend" freshly grinded dry cannabis with depleted "ABV" material (while the rest serves in chocolate cookies) and somehow i feel this takes me back to my former smoker habit, without toxic smoke.

The pipe is rich in ritual and it goes beyond having some cheap beginner's introductory low-tech solution IMO, as a former smoker vaporist i can't insist enough over trying it at least as a "Plan-B" and even one to be revisited later, multiple times if necessary, eventually.

:2c:

Because all vaporists should consider the power of fire!

...the Achilles heel is definitely the lighter.

And yet that butane gas is a blessing to people like me who are made miserable trying to empty dry cannabic bags, etc, whatever. Really, 15 ppm of comet dust doesn't compare to the lack of proper moisturisation and it turns out the VG concept is one of the rare few which is self-moisturizing by virtue of butane burning. So i keep it away from my nose (before/after) but i greatly value water vapor availability in such a convenient pocket format, because there's practically no alternative other than water washing, etc, whatever.

Then there's the curing jar, grinder, butane can, lighter, brush... More ritual stuff than a church has to offer!

You will not be sorry with a VG.

I must concur with Jethro: actually it's almost a love affair...

:peace:

max

Out to lunch
..... But I don't really like the fact that I'll be inhaling butane fumes ....
But you won't be inhaling butane. You will be inhaling some partially burned carbon/soot, if you use a standard lighter, but no butane.

You've gotten over a dozen responses since your last post here 3 days ago, and I see you were here earlier today. If you don't keep up participation in your thread, it'll be closed and archived.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Been hitting a vg classic with a bic for years and never got a headache, much herb many bics since 2009.

Also have vaped near an oz through the Daisy Vaporizer in the last couple of weeks with many hits per session and at least 1/2 dozen sessions a night still no headaches.

The VG classic is the model I've recomended or given most often as gifts and not one went unused. Can't go wrong picking one up in my opinion.

420time

Been hitting a vg classic with a bic for years and never got a headache, much herb many bics since 2009.

Also have vaped near an oz through the Daisy Vaporizer in the last couple of weeks with many hits per session and at least 1/2 dozen sessions a night still no headaches.

The VG classic is the model I've recomended or given most often as gifts and not one went unused. Can't go wrong picking one up in my opinion.
well maybe your just not sensitive to butane inhaling

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
well maybe your just not sensitive to butane inhaling
True i guess i'm not, both me and all those I've shared with.

I would venture to say the number of people who are sensitive to it are a very small percentage of the worlds population. You know kinda like in over 50 years of life I've only actually meet 2 people who were allergic to cats but those who are seem to believe it's much more common then it really is.

Edit; I actually don't inhale butane since i don't hit it when there is no flame.

Last edited:

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
True i guess i'm not, both me and all those I've shared with.

I would venture to say the number of people who are sensitive to it are a very small percentage of the worlds population. You know kinda like in over 50 years of life I've only actually meet 2 people who were allergic to cats but those who are seem to believe it's much more common then it really is.

Edit; I actually don't inhale butane since i don't hit it when there is no flame.

I had an allergy test recently, I am allergic to pretty much everything, animals included, and butane never gave me an odd effects, must be rare because I am an allergy magnet.

HillaryClinton,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
rare or depneds on how its used correctly or too high power flame
Could be both. I know that after hours of using a bic type lighter during the day sometimes my throat will be a little irritated but I attribute that to the hot H2O vapor that is the main by-product besides heat from a butane flame. Doesn't happen with a cleaner burning candle flame lighter or torch(although i myself don't care for a torch with a VG).

and taking a hint from Egzoset and using 8 inches or so of tubing takes care of that for me if i use a bic.

RUDE BOY,

eusaebus

You've gotten over a dozen responses since your last post here 3 days ago, and I see you were here earlier today. If you don't keep up participation in your thread, it'll be closed and archived.

A wise man speaks because he has something to say, a fool speaks because he has to say something. I've gotten the answers I was looking for, I have no further questions. If people wants to discuss about butane allergy on my thread, please don't make them stop because I stopped posting.

eusaebus,
Reactions: Enchantre
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom