VaporGenie Liquid Pad

VaporGenie

Manufacturer
Hello FC,

We have just launched a liquid pad for VaporGenie pipes. We would love to get some feedback on these from the FC community, so the first 20 are free (with free shipping). To get a free liquid pad for testing go here - http://vaporgenie.com/liquid-pad-liquids-oils-waxes-free - But if you get a free one you have to test it and get back to us about what you think.

flat--liquid-pad-750x.jpg
handcarved-liquid-pad-750x.jpg

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Well, I'm back with my first impressions of the VaporGenie Liquid Pad! I just tested mine out with a couple little grains of reclaim from my Solo stem... So I apologize in advance if I seem a little scatterbrained! :brow: :ko:

This is definitely a nice little thing to have to make your VG more versatile. From my first test, I can say it works quite well. I put just a tiny amount of reclaim oil on the pad and stuck it in my VG Classic. The fit is quite snug, which makes it a little bit difficult to get out of the VG bowl once it's in place. I'm thinking that this tight fit is necessary, however, in order to distribute the airflow more evenly? I'm not sure how true that is, just a thought... Anyway, I've found a small paperclip works well to pop the pad out of the bowl when you're done.

...So where were we? Oh yeah.... So I put a little bit of reclaim oil on the pad and put it in my VG. Then I hit my VG, using my torch lighter so I could achieve a high temperature very quickly. I was rewarded with a very dense cloud of vapor. :o I got a couple more small hits after the first one -- all in all, I was surprised by how much vapor I got from such a small amount of reclaim.

I have almost no experience whatsoever with using concentrates of any kind, but I found the VaporGenie Liquid Pad to be really effective and really easy to use. I'd give it two thumbs up! :tup::tup: Thanks again, @VaporGenie!

Oh, and one more thing that I need to mention: the Liquid Pad does make the VaporGenie run a lot hotter than usual. The pad absorbs heat quickly and retains that heat for quite a while. The metal parts on my VaporGenie Classic (the bowl, etc.) quickly became much too hot to touch. This isn't a huge problem as the wood never gets hot, but caution is definitely advised when handling a hot VG right after finishing a session.

TL;DR :cool: :sherlock: :o :whoa: :tup: :rockon:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My feedback is not the same, sorry, but I was under impressions this is not well designed for the VG..I explain:

The pad is large and take place in the bowl so when you heat you vape the oil in the middle and the rest is dripping on the side, you noticed that too:
in order to distribute the airflow more evenly?

I think a smaller pad which fit in an solid SS ring (inverted cone shapped) could help to lead airflow only in the center where the oil is and will be.

ime the first hit is tasty, the second is a bit cloudier and nothing more, even with a larger dab, if you heat more, taste will degrade quickly cause you are burning the residue in the center of the pad in order to vape the rest...not a good option imo!

To be able to vape the unvaped oil on the side of the pad I placed it in a HA crucible (fits perfectly!) and I got a long session!

SpaceCoyote

Just got mine, but missed out on the free deal :-(
Haven't used it yet, but it's a bit too big for my glass VG. It gets hung up on the lip above the bowl, leaving me two options: Use it in the higher position (resting on the little lip) or push it down into the bowl.
If I leave it where it is, I'm afraid that it'll be too close to the heat exchanger and risk burning my goodies.
I'm afraid if I push it all the way down, I won't be able to remove it without pulling it apart.

SpaceCoyote,
Reactions: Derrrpp

SpaceCoyote

I finally tried out the liquid pad. It works well, but no better than making your own out of a copper pot scrubber.
As I feared, I wasn't able to remove it non destructively. I had to yank it out with needle-nose pliers, ruining the shape. You can sort of mash it back together, but I could never get it back to its perfect original shape.
I'd say it's good for a dedicated setup, but sub-optimal if you plan to switch back and forth between herb and concentrates.

PS: I know we're not supposed to make back to back posts, but I couldn't edit my old one for some reason, and can't figure out how to link the two together. (But I'm sure all those little heiroglyphics at the top of the page have something to do with it ;-)

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
@SpaceCoyote you can only edit a post for like 6-8 hours so after that time back to back posts are A-OK.

I've only had a chance to use the liquid pad a couple of times, once with reclaim scrapped from a stem and one night with just a tiny bit of wax. Worked great for me but my wax source has dried up ever since I received my pad to try out. I haven't tried to remove it yet so maybe my old classic will just become my dedicated wax/oil/shatter vape for now it did work better, well at least it made the least mess with the same results with the wax as anything else I own right now.

Hope to be able to do more testing this coming weekend. :science:

Last edited:

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
My first post on the liquid pad was a glowing review. I do like the thing, but I am a bit disappointed about one aspect: it's such a tight fit in the bowl of the VG, it is essentially non-removable. I have taken mine out several times now, and have practically destroyed it in the process. @SpaceCoyote hit the nail on the head:
You can sort of mash it back together, but I could never get it back to its perfect original shape.
I'd say it's good for a dedicated setup, but sub-optimal if you plan to switch back and forth between herb and concentrates.

@PPN: thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to try heating it next time I remove it. Although mine is so deformed I don't think it will matter at this point haha :D

Last edited:

davesmith

Glass Blower
Ooo I always wondered about this. Seems logical considereing how expensive healthstone pipes are

davesmith,

Alexis

Can anyone please tell me- could this pad be used to vaporize essential oils? I have severe allergies and use essential oils to clear lung congestion. I am currently trying to vape the essential oils with my herborizer, by dropping them onto hemp fiber placed in the bowl.

But the oils drip through the hemp fiber, and it needs changing regularly because the oils dry and it gets blocked.
I dont have a vapor genie but I see no reason why this oad cant be placed in the herborizer bowl.

Thanks very much for any input.

Alexis,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Its going to leak. I would try cotton or rayon over hemp fiber. Kind of surprised its leaking through that though. Are you using very little hemp?

paytonpenn,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

Its going to leak. I would try cotton or rayon over hemp fiber. Kind of surprised its leaking through that though. Are you using very little hemp?
A fair bit of hemp, enouhg to fill the bowl up. I could use more though, and pack it a bit denser, I left it quite loose to allow the oil vapor to travel through.

I will try more fiber, and I just need to get used to how often it needs changeing, I think at least once every 3 uses.
Not too expensive really, just would be nice if it lasted longer without getting blocked (no vapor comes off the oils at this stage, whereas a fresh hemp gauze and the vapor is pretty thick, peppermint power!)

I was hoping the concentrate pad may hold the oil better and be an easier option, but from what you say it may just be a waste of money.
Thank you for your reply really appreciated.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Have you tried vaping the hemp by itself and seeing if there is vapor production with only hemp.

This issue is oil/liquid normally goes runnier as it gets heated so I'd expect the oils to eventually seep through.

paytonpenn,

Alexis

Have you tried vaping the hemp by itself and seeing if there is vapor production with only hemp.

This issue is oil/liquid normally goes runnier as it gets heated so I'd expect the oils to eventually seep through.
No the hemp fiber doesnt produce any vapor by itself. I have for years, practised steam inhalatikns you see with the peppermint, rosemary and eucalyptus essential oils. It works amazingly for my allergies to clear severe lung congestion.
But it is a laborious, time taking procedure. I have looked for alternatives for years but it has been so hard to find a solution or easy practical way to manage the most severe symptoms every single day.

This new method I have been trialing with the oils vaped on hemp fiber, is actually vry effective, and much easier and more leisurely than the steam inhalation.
Just the problem with replicating the results each time, with the hemp fiber becomming less effective with each use, and the oils running through of course.
I just have to work at it though!

Top Bottom