Discontinued Vaporfection viVape

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
thinking of picking one up since they are hooking me up cause my mivape order was delayed.
abs you have any other vapes to compare it too.
thanks

ilovebOObs,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Man i wish we could get some real reviews...

Not to call anyone out but the two people that have stated their "review" of the unit was simply: OMG INCREDIBLE VAPE, I WAS SO WRONG!!

Hope you guys can provide us with some in-depth information, similar to what is provided in other review threads.

MarcellusWiley,

mistergyro

nice guys...glad to see people are getting their units...

can anyone give more than a 1 sentence review? thanks all

mistergyro,

abs

MarcellusWiley, fair enough. I found this place and decided to post here because I was worried about actually receiving my order.

So, after not receiving my tracking info as fast as I was expecting I decided to contact them and to my surprise, Herb, the owner, contacted me on more than one occasion and he assured me it was a small supply problem and he promised orders would be going out as soon as possible. When it took a couple days longer then he promised, I'll admit, I lost faith. But in the end he delivered everything as promised. Including the free items.

Now as far as a review on the vivape. Well, I have only an IOlite to compare it too and have tried other old school vaporizers. It is very easy to use. It does have a slow continuous stream of vapor so it is an effortless draw. Just remove the whip and that stops the flow. The importance of the one inch piece of safety tubing where it meets the glass becomes very obvious when doing this. Dont forget this small but very important little piece when assembling the whip. The touch display is more then just a temp adjustment it also allows you to choose between balloon bag or whip usage it allows you to set the auto shutoff and set the temp in Celsius or Fahrenheit. The instructions are good. Its the size of about a cigar box. Uses the same power cable as a typical PC. I haven't tested the balloon yet. My biggest concern is how long will the heating element and fan last. Its a little noisy.

abs,

stebod

Concerns about a silicon taste have been mentioned, have you experienced this with your vivape?

stebod,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Thanks for the update, abs. appreciate it!

If you have the capabilities to try out water filtration with a bubbler or bong or something that'd be awesome too!

Sounds like they had issues with fulfillment and QA with the new product but did a pretty good job in offering compensation.

MarcellusWiley,

damienm420

Please people... do not try reviewing the ViVape when you have never even used a vaporizer before.. :/ Everyone thinks that a vaporizer is amazing when they try their first one... especially a higher end vape. :2c:
Thanks

damienm420,

headdoctor

I would add: all genuine and honest reviews welcome! What is more perceptive than beginner's mind?

headdoctor,

vape4life

Banned for life
Pics and video would be great, but a more detailed review would be even better. I mean, is there any foul taste, etc? What are the pros/cones etc? thanks!!

vape4life,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Since the ViVape is (I assume) fan driven, is the air flow strong enough to push through a small water chamber like on the Aquavape or a bubbler (i.e., ~1-1.5 oz)? And is the flow the same on both the whip and bag settings?

Thanks.

oldiebutgoodie,

weedandbombs

Vape Queen! :D
I'll be getting one of these very soon and will review it on my site once I get it :D Very excited!

weedandbombs,

stebod

Just tracked my order via usps and all being well I will get my mits on it tommorrow. I will endeavour to answer some of the questions in this thread but please don't be to critical as I am a vape noobie

stebod,

Ando

Mine's coming tomorrow as well, will compare to my workhorse Volcano Digit as soon as I can test it. It definitely won't be a one-liner review about how I was wrong for doubting them and that it's just great. But for the money it better be friggin' great.

And to those concerned about silicone taste, I haven't encountered a new whip that didn't taste like silicone. Try the balloon and get back to me.

Ando,

damienm420

headdoctor said:
I would add: all genuine and honest reviews welcome! What is more perceptive than beginner's mind?

They have nothing to compare it to?? It's like a virgin having sex for the first time. Or trying only one flavor of ice cream. How can you say it was the best or worst when you have never tried others before?? I would say sure, if they know what to look for or just want to point out some facts about it, go for it, but all of their opinions should be left out or taken for granted.

damienm420,

max

Out to lunch
oldiebutgoodie said:
Since the ViVape is (I assume) fan driven, is the air flow strong enough to push through a small water chamber like on the Aquavape or a bubbler (i.e., ~1-1.5 oz)? And is the flow the same on both the whip and bag settings?

Thanks.
The air flow provided by bag fill isn't really designed for water filtration, so I wouldn't expect much from it. And the forced air that you get with these high end digital boxes isn't really for hits. With whip use your best bet is to hit it like it's a completely passive unit.

max,

oldiebutgoodie

max said:
The air flow provided by bag fill isn't really designed for water filtration, so I wouldn't expect much from it. And the forced air that you get with these high end digital boxes isn't really for hits. With whip use your best bet is to hit it like it's a completely passive unit.

Thx Max, that was actually my impression as well per earlier posts/discussion (i.e., the airflow's purpose is for unit cooling). But a short review above associated the continuous airflow with an "effortless draw", and I don't really see the connection so I wondered if I was missing something. (I was also trying to be diplomatic.) :)

oldiebutgoodie,

headdoctor

damienm420 said:
headdoctor said:

They have nothing to compare it to?? It's like a virgin having sex for the first time. Or trying only one flavor of ice cream. How can you say it was the best or worst when you have never tried others before?? I would say sure, if they know what to look for or just want to point out some facts about it, go for it, but all of their opinions should be left out or taken for granted.

This is a couple days old, but I'll respond. On the one hand it's obviously helpful for reviewers to have experience and knowledge, and to be able to compare models. But on the other hand, this same experience/knowledge can make us stuck in our old views and limit what we're actually seeing. "Beginner's mind" is a Zen term that suggests an open mind, free from preconceptions. So, in many ways, to use your example, a virgin having sex for the first time might be much more sensitive to the experience, rather than, say, a middle-aged man sleeping with his wife after 30 years of marriage (as I would know!). Or someone trying ice cream for the first time might notice subtle things long lost or unavailable to long-time indulgers. Yes, some of the gushing of newbies should be discounted, and comparisons are useless. But their opinions and experiences might be a breath of fresh air, as it were.

damienm420

headdoctor said:
damienm420 said:
headdoctor said:

This is a couple days old, but I'll respond. On the one hand it's obviously helpful for reviewers to have experience and knowledge, and to be able to compare models. But on the other hand, this same experience/knowledge can make us stuck in our old views and limit what we're actually seeing. "Beginner's mind" is a Zen term that suggests an open mind, free from preconceptions. So, in many ways, to use your example, a virgin having sex for the first time might be much more sensitive to the experience, rather than, say, a middle-aged man sleeping with his wife after 30 years of marriage (as I would know!). Or someone trying ice cream for the first time might notice subtle things long lost or unavailable to long-time indulgers. Yes, some of the gushing of newbies should be discounted, and comparisons are useless. But their opinions and experiences might be a breath of fresh air, as it were.

That just blew my mind right now :o lol thanks for your insights man :peace:

damienm420,

oldiebutgoodie

headdoctor said:
. . . So, in many ways, to use your example, a virgin having sex for the first time might be much more sensitive to the experience, rather than, say, a middle-aged man sleeping with his wife after 30 years of marriage (as I would know!) . . .

We're not gonna ask if the wife sees your posts. You were OK until that "as I would know" remark. And just remember, truth and logic has nothing to do with it. :lol:

oldiebutgoodie,

headdoctor

!! I'll refrain from jokes about whether my wife is still interested in my post after all these years, and instead reassure everyone that she does know about my vaporizer; does not know about this forum; and understands, bless her, that my relationship with truth and logic, while tenuous, is benign. That is, it's all good! ;)

headdoctor,

oldiebutgoodie

headdoctor said:
!! I'll refrain from jokes about whether my wife is still interested in my post after all these years, and instead reassure everyone that she does know about my vaporizer; does not know about this forum; and understands, bless her, that my relationship with truth and logic, while tenuous, is benign. That is, it's all good! ;)

Thanks, headdoctor. Gotta say your reply gave me the best :lol: I've had in a while!

oldiebutgoodie,

max

Out to lunch
Reviews from 1st time vape buyers are certainly welcome on the forum. headdoctor has good points. It's always helpful to state your vaping experience of course.

There are several viVape vids now up on youtube. Just search 'viVape vaporizer'.

max,

oldiebutgoodie

max said:
There are several viVape vids now up on youtube. Just search 'viVape vaporizer'.

I took a look. There are several, including this one (now, don't shoot me - and the title is her's, not mine):

New ViVape Is Here!

This may have been a stealth hit by a competitor. Or maybe Vaporfection just has a great sense of humor. All I could think of was Lucy in the chocolate factory. :lol:

oldiebutgoodie,

jeff

oldiebutgoodie said:
max said:

I took a look. There are several, including this one (now, don't shoot me - and the title is her's, not mine):

New ViVape Is Here!

This may have been a stealth hit by a competitor. Or maybe Vaporfection just has a great sense of humor. All I could think of was Lucy in the chocolate factory. :lol:

That was pretty funny! Looks like some sick chalky clouds.

jeff,
Top Bottom