• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Vaporfection viVape

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Firstly, thanks for the legwork and posts Oldiebutgoodie. Well presented to the manufacturer, and well presented to us.

I'll say i am very turned off by these two statements: "best direction inhalation device period", and "Vaporfection is going to continue to change the vape world with constant innovation".

C'mon. Really? Ignorance at the very least. Let the product speak for itself, or get one into someones' hands qualified to make comparisons to some of the best direct draw vapes on the market; that isn't employed by YOU. There is some tough competition with the VXC, LSV, SSV, Solo, PD, ect. Someone is a little too big for their britches, and is making huge claims. Forced air isn't for everyone, and saying something is the best just because, is ludicrous. In what categories? what was factors used to make your proclamation? Best direct draw vape is a partial statement, and i doubt the team has tried all the competition to make a truly educated comparison. Laughable IMO that the customer service and one of the heads of the company would make such bold claims on a opinionated statement, with nothing to back it up.

Continue to change the vape world? Have you made a dent already? Does a little glowing screen contribute to the function of the best inhalation device period. When i saw their add in High Times i lost all interest, sorry not interested in just paying for a jazy touch screen. That is the only selling point highlighted, a touch screen. You have already taken a lot of customers money, and still haven't delivered anything but rhetoric, opinionated speculation.

Oh, and if you don't like our speculation or opinion . . . *edited*. . . jump on the forum and start taking the questions. I am certain you may be baptized with fire, but i feel Oldiebutgoodie was more than polite and fair in his questioning and how he presented your response to us here @ FC. If you want to put in your own 2 cents, than join up..... we'd love to have another manufacturer represented here. great publicity, but a lot of work.

Modnote: As per the forum rules, please do not ask to beta test.

*edited, my apologize. Although the beta period is likely over, as units should ship for a lucky few soon, my request was still in violation. sorry.

IAmKrazy2,

headdoctor

I considered a viVape but was also put off by the sleek ads, grandiose claims, and delivery delays. I've already expressed my skepticism in this forum about the way the company has rolled out this vape, and I decided against buying one, at least for now. But I also think it's time we "let the product speak for itself," and let up a bit on the criticism. The company is proud of the product and is aggressively advertising; I don't find it appealing but a quick glance at other companies shows the same pride and advertising, if not the same tone. (According to their website, the Cloud is "the ultimate vaporizing experience"--most vaporizer companies make some kind of "ultimate" claim, dogmatic or not.) I've heard some really good things about the viVape. Maybe it won't turn out to be the best vaporizer out there; but maybe it will turn out to be a pretty nice vape, and something that does contribute to the field. At this point our complaints are really about the marketing style (which, again, I don't like); otherwise, it's mostly speculation. (And, again, they certainly could have been more forthcoming about the technology, etc.) But if they had come forward with a different approach--more modest, more open, more "authentic"--I bet the machine would be welcomed. So let's see what it can do. At this point I'm more interested in how the thing works than how the company is marketing itself. Maybe by now it's actually in the hands of some FC members.... Maybe we'll get some reviews....??

headdoctor,

mistergyro

IAmKrazy2 said:
Oh, and if you don't like what i have to say, either send me a unit (I am a season beta tester with experience with many of the premier direct draw vapes), and if your product is as amazing as you claim ill be certain to tell the world.

sorry about that.

Modnote: As per the forum rules, please do not ask to beta test.

mistergyro,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Thanks for the comments. Points all well taken.

IMO this whole episode is ironic. There were a couple of reviews, and these were the catalyst for the subsequent discussion re the perceived continuous vapor flow and consequent reviewers' concern about possible vapor loss. That concern could have been easily and proactively resolved. Eventually, with the dialog among us here, it was resolved - in favor of and to the benefit of Vaporfection.

This was a a missed opportunity. While it is marketing's role to raise awareness and attract prospects, it is sales' role to prove and persuade. The most powerful sales voice is endorsements from respected users - such as those here at FC. Hopefully that opportunity will be revisited, as vaporists and manufacturer alike would stand to potentially benefit.

oldiebutgoodie,

max

Out to lunch
oldiebutgoodie said:
The most powerful sales voice is endorsements from respected users - such as those here at FC. Hopefully that opportunity will be revisited, as vaporists and manufacturer alike would stand to potentially benefit.
How powerful FC feedback is, depends a lot on the particular company and product involved. If you mean sending out free units for review, beta or production units, not many companies do that, especially if the product is as expensive as this one, and if the company doesn't value forums, which seems clear here. A company with a product like this is going to get more mileage from their glitzy ads than from forum members, some of whom are going to eventually end up taking the vape apart and posting pics (see Super Vapezilla).

There's a big difference between a new company like VapeXhale, starting from the ground up, without a big marketing budget, and a company like Vaporfection, which has been selling in the $400-500 price range for years, and has both a well established reputation and distribution network.

max,

oldiebutgoodie

max said:
How powerful FC feedback is, depends a lot on the particular company and product involved. If you mean sending out free units for review, beta or production units, not many companies do that, especially if the product is as expensive as this one, and if the company doesn't value forums, which seems clear here. A company with a product like this is going to get more mileage from their glitzy ads than from forum members, some of whom are going to eventually end up taking the vape apart and posting pics (see Super Vapezilla).

There's a big difference between a new company like VapeXhale, starting from the ground up, without a big marketing budget, and a company like Vaporfection, which has been selling in the $400-500 price range for years, and has both a well established reputation and distribution network.

I understand. One reason I wrote "such as" those at FC was because there are undoubtedly other informed sources available, too. And, no, I don't at all necessarily expect companies to send out free units for review, although doing so with reputable sources is a proven marketing technique, especially now given the ease of finding such info on the web. The ROI on a small number of review units can be quite good, but as you said, some companies do, some don't.

My main point, based on my time in technical product marketing and sales - albeit admittedly in a different market space but IMO the principles are the same - was that the most effective selling is based on references. Many if not most people have some suspicion of glitzy advertising, and therefore seek out substantiation from an unbiased and knowledgeable source. As the price point scales up so does the customer's risk, and so obtaining good information becomes even more of a factor. Seems that there sure are a lot of folks coming to FC for just that reason. :)

As far as beta testing, that is a different matter altogether. Actually, it is the largest companies with more mature R&D that prototype as early as possible to get real world customer feedback, incorporate those observations, and iterate that process repeatedly. This practice increases probability of market acceptance and accelerates time-to-profit. For start-ups with tight funding, this is even more desirable but often just not feasible, which is why so many new product introductions are premature and the business fails. (Of course, beta-testing in public view carries its own obvious risks.)

The vaporizer market is still, comparatively speaking, somewhat new and small, yet seems to be growing nicely with a rather crowded stiffly competitive field. In that context, the above re marketing and sales applies to all competitors, even those well established. And especially those using indirect channels which have the option of promoting multiple offerings. Anyway, as I think you observed in another post, we will know soon enough by virtue of market acceptance of which products.

oldiebutgoodie,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Spagz1510 said:
Anybody get the vivape yet? Ordered mine in oct

My Vivape was suppose to ship out today. But now they tell me Jan. 19. I didn't order it from Vaporfection so i do not know if this is the their new ship date as well. I don't see a ship date on Vaporfection's website.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

mistergyro

wow. that sucks to hear...i bet you they had to move it back for some reason. has anyone else got an update yet?

mistergyro,

abs

I ordered in the last week of October. I have received the same promises. In october they said it would be two weeks then when that deadline came and went I was told, December 10th or 12th.
Then i was told the week of the 12th. Now i get no response at all...

abs,

stebod

I am sick off being annoyed about this. I am thinking and hoping that these delays will ultimately give us a better product

stebod,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

stebod said:
I am sick off being annoyed about this. I am thinking and hoping that these delays will ultimately give us a better product

I was getting annoyed too. So i canceled my order. I will wait till someone really has one and gives a review on it. I am tired of being a beta tester for everything i want that's new.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

oldiebutgoodie

fwiw and in fairness, in the earlier email exchange I had with co-owner Jonathan on Saturday, he did say:

"Sometimes in manufacturing and especially launching a new product there are delays which are beyond my control so everyone at Vaporfection has been working doubletime to get our units out for the holidays . . . "

and that he was very busy responding to "hundreds of inquiries every day" and with "shipping related matters in order to service my valued clients."

That left me with the impression that Vaporfection is under a lot of pressure right now managing the launch, that the company is working extremely hard, and that it is serious about its customers. The last thing a customer wants is for a product to be rushed out the door, and there are a myriad of details which must go just right or all hell can break loose.

I'm not making excuses, mind you. And not saying that the communication should not be a lot better. But at the end of the day, it's likely Vaporfection will make good on its commitments, albeit tardy.

oldiebutgoodie,

Spagz1510

I have been tracking it on ups. They told me they would overnight it and never did lets hope the free case they promised me will be with it. The gave me a free case cause I have been waiting since the last week of September. I will let you all know how it is on the 22nd

Spagz1510,

stebod

You got promised a free case, I got promised a free whip,these delays could cost them an arm and a leg

stebod,

Ando

I've been bugging Vapeworld every other day since they said they'd ship on the 15th. Today I got the best news so far; they received 10 yesterday and expect to get 10-20 in daily from now on. They'll be shipping them in order of who pre-ordered first, naturally, so no word on how many orders are in front of mine- I hope not too many given the delays and sketchy marketing. Will let everyone know if/when it arrives.

Ando,

scrog

I have been following this thread and have also ordered a viVape (from vaperfection website).
Yesterday I received an email stating that my package would be shipped out on Friday of this week. I am not sure what this means but had not heard anything from them before that point (except my credit card being charged the 13th of December when I made the purchase).

Please note I live in Canada (Quebec) and the package will be sent from Florida. I am not sure how long it will take to receive the parcel nor what method of shipment will be used but am hopeful.

scrog,

Spagz1510

I just got my vivape and the case they promised. I just got done using it: very easy to use, easy to figure out. And very nice feeling after. I would highly recommend the vivape!!

Spagz1510,

abs

Just got my viVape. It absolutely rocks! I ordered directly from vaporfection.
They delivered everything they promised, free case as well.
Brad sorry for being such a dick. Herb you are the man, sorry I ever doubted you!

These guys ARE the real deal!

Merry X-mas!

abs,
Top Bottom