Discontinued Vaporfection viVape

stickstones

Vapor concierge
it just looked like the fan was blowing right into a steel plate, and I know that ain't right. the pics are awesome, though...thanks!

stickstones,

BoB Nesmtih

why is there a metal plate in front of the fan?

There is an exhaust port at the top with a small hood that the high speed blower pushes air into. On that note BE EVER SO CAREFUL about the blower when you re-assemble the unit. It is simple to over-tighten the screws, and then the blower will no longer attach to the vent tube properly, and then you will need a new blower. Also over-tightening the blower can cause the corner plastic "bits" on the blower to crack off, drop inside of the blower, jamming the blower, and spewing burnt electrical flavor through the unit (thank goodness airpath is glass!). On that note, if you ever power the unit up and do not hear the blower start to turn, power it off immediately. Also, DO NOT EVER hit the blower with compressed air. It will break blades off of the blower. Yes, the blower is fragile. I am glad that SWIM took the liberty to post those pictures. T1 and T2 (on the LCD side of the PCB are momentary contact points.. Be careful with that blower. I cannot over-emphasize how easy it is to damage it, and it is a relatively expensive little blower. On that note, how about taking a clean readable shot of the sticker on the blower of yours and posting it? I think its worthwhile to find an alternate source for these blowers, such as Digi-Key.

BoB Nesmtih,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Also, how about a picture of just the circuit board front and back ... pretty please?

Hippie Dickie,

UnixRasta

Some questions for you
1)What type of adapter are you using. I get the 14/18mm adapter but are you using one of the hose adapters like SSV makes or similar styles like glassblowersdirect has?
Because before i had one of those adapters i tried sticking just the hose into my joint and didnt get good results. Also if it is a hose adapter, depending on the angle make sure the tubing isnt bent/cuting off anywhere because that could also limit vapor production

2) Also by not seeing visible vapor, do you mean in you zob piece when your inhaling or when you are exhaling?
Im assuming you mean when you exhale or you wouldnt have a problem but anyway most of the time Its difficult for me to tell theres any vapor in the bubbler until i exhale.

3) have you tried anything else with water besides your zob? I doubt the zob is the problem though.

Like i already mentioned, it seems like you may have an issue with the heating element. Especially if your starting out at 374F and ending at over 400F. The main component of what your vaporizing starts to combust at around 392F so if your going over 400 and still getting light brown ABV it is definetly an issue with your heating element and i would suggest contacting vaporfection. If you do end up needing to get it fixed, Without the 24hr warranty expect about a 10 day service time ( once they recieve it you should have it back within a week-10 days)

EDIT: if you have one of those laser/IR thermometers it might be worthwhile to check the temperature of the air coming out before you contact vaporfection or send it out.

Mud, I just got my IR/Laser thermometer from amazon.com
It is a relatively inexpensive HDE H87 model but is supposed to be accurate within +/- 2%.
I set it to measure farenheit, turned on the vV2 and let it heat up to the default temperature of 374f. Once the blue light illuminated I pointed the laser thermometer directly into the herb chamber
opening on the front of the vV2, pointing at the screen inside.
The HIGHEST temperature that I recorded was ~125f, FAR from the suggested 374f.
I changed the vV2 to 410f and saw just a slight increase on the thermometer.
I put an empty herb chamber into the vV2 and measured various locations on the glass chamber, including the hot air that was exiting from the chamber. Same results.
Just for grins I shot the laser at a 150w light bulb and got a reading of 442f.
I then measured the temperature of the air conditioning vent in the ceiling. It was 76.
I turned on the air conditioner and set it to 75f. Shooting directly into the air vents I get readings in the 50's-60's, as it cools off the room.
For even more grins, thrills and chills, I turned on my PAX and set it to the highest setting (410f I think).
I took the lid off the PAX oven and measured the screen. It was ~135f.
I took the screen out and pointed the laser down the metal air tube.
I got a reading of ~140f.
This leads me to question the validity of this test.
Do you (or anybody else on this board) have a IR/Laser thermometer to check your vV2 for readings?
A PAX owner with an IR/Laser thermometer can chime in as well with your readings, or any type of vape for that matter.
I would hate to send in my vV2 and be without it for 10 days, based on bogus assumptions on my part.

UnixRasta,

BoB Nesmtih

Mud, I just got my IR/Laser thermometer from amazon.com
It is a relatively inexpensive HDE H87 model but is supposed to be accurate within +/- 2%.
I set it to measure farenheit, turned on the vV2 and let it heat up to the default temperature of 374f. Once the blue light illuminated I pointed the laser thermometer directly into the herb chamber
opening on the front of the vV2, pointing at the screen inside.
The HIGHEST temperature that I recorded was ~125f, FAR from the suggested 374f.
I changed the vV2 to 410f and saw just a slight increase on the thermometer.
I put an empty herb chamber into the vV2 and measured various locations on the glass chamber, including the hot air that was exiting from the chamber. Same results.
Just for grins I shot the laser at a 150w light bulb and got a reading of 442f.
I then measured the temperature of the air conditioning vent in the ceiling. It was 76.
I turned on the air conditioner and set it to 75f. Shooting directly into the air vents I get readings in the 50's-60's, as it cools off the room.
For even more grins, thrills and chills, I turned on my PAX and set it to the highest setting (410f I think).
I took the lid off the PAX oven and measured the screen. It was ~135f.
I took the screen out and pointed the laser down the metal air tube.
I got a reading of ~140f.
Do you (or anybody else on this board) have a IR/Laser thermometer to check your vV2 for readings?
A PAX owner with an IR/Laser thermometer can chime in as well with your readings, or any type of vape for that matter.
I would hate to send in my vV2 and be without it for 10 days, based on bogus assumptions on my part.

My IR thermometer will be here Thursday and I will let you know my results. I also ordered the HDE it was around 22 bucks. I also own a PAX as well. Although I do not like the PAX and never use it. I will take a few temperature samplings and let you know what I get but it seems pretty obvious the unit needs to go back.

BoB Nesmtih,
Reactions: UnixRasta

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
UnixRasta said:

i had the same problem ... i never had much success using my IR thermometer for my vape measurements. i decided figuring out how to adjust the emissivity was too much of a hassle, compared to just getting some BBQ thermometers and using contact measurements.

Hippie Dickie,

UnixRasta

My IR thermometer will be here Thursday and I will let you know my results. I also ordered the HDE it was around 22 bucks. I also own a PAX as well. Although I do not like the PAX and never use it. I will take a few temperature samplings and let you know what I get but it seems pretty obvious the unit needs to go back.

Bob, thanks, this will be a big help....
I am going to hold off on calling Vaperfection until I hear your results.
I had also stopped using my PAX until recently. I did not like it at first.
Now I use it in conjunction with my vV2, usually for a few nightcap type hits before bed.

i had the same problem ... i never had much success using my IR thermometer for my vape measurements. i decided figuring out how to adjust the emissivity was too much of a hassle, compared to just getting some BBQ thermometers and using contact measurements.

Hippie, are you saying that your readings were not as expected when you used your IR thermometer
either? So your measurements were way off also?
What were the results with your BBQ thermometer, were they more accurate?

UnixRasta,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
UnixRasta said:
Hippie, are you saying that your readings were not as expected when you used your IR thermometer either? So your measurements were way off also? What were the results with your BBQ thermometer, were they more accurate?

Yes, not as expected and appeared to be way off -- say 175°F instead of 380°F. i don't have a way to really know what the temperature is, so i just take the BBQ thermometer as gospel. Contact beats IR, unless the IR is calibrated for the specific material.

Hippie Dickie,

UnixRasta

Yes, not as expected and appeared to be way off -- say 175°F instead of 380°F. i don't have a way to really know what the temperature is, so i just take the BBQ thermometer as gospel. Contact beats IR, unless the IR is calibrated for the specific material.

Interesting... I will see if we happen to have a BBQ thermometer anywhere in the house and give it a try.
The IR thermometer seems to be accurate for readings on everything else other than the vV2 at this point.
It will also be interesting to see what results Mud obtains when his IR arrives...

UnixRasta,

lwien

There is an exhaust port at the top with a small hood that the high speed blower pushes air into. On that note BE EVER SO CAREFUL about the blower when you re-assemble the unit. It is simple to over-tighten the screws, and then the blower will no longer attach to the vent tube properly, and then you will need a new blower. Also over-tightening the blower can cause the corner plastic "bits" on the blower to crack off, drop inside of the blower, jamming the blower, and spewing burnt electrical flavor through the unit (thank goodness airpath is glass!). On that note, if you ever power the unit up and do not hear the blower start to turn, power it off immediately. Also, DO NOT EVER hit the blower with compressed air. It will break blades off of the blower. Yes, the blower is fragile. I am glad that SWIM took the liberty to post those pictures. T1 and T2 (on the LCD side of the PCB are momentary contact points.. Be careful with that blower. I cannot over-emphasize how easy it is to damage it, and it is a relatively expensive little blower. On that note, how about taking a clean readable shot of the sticker on the blower of yours and posting it? I think its worthwhile to find an alternate source for these blowers, such as Digi-Key.

The fan speed is electronically controlled and the fan is a DC blower. The DC power supply within the unit has a regulated power input and output, so 220 wont make a difference. In an application such as a medication room, or someone that likes theirs to go to 11, the 220v step up makes sense. But it wont vaporize any better or worse.

What WILL make a difference is calibration, and the distance of your herb chamber from the output of the front of the ViVape. If you move the herb further away, obviously temperature fluctuations are more likely to occur.

The only real way to tell whats wrong is to have the unit serviced. From what you are describing it sounds like an issue to me.. I have def. seen units that the element would partially heat. This is actually quite common, and in the first run of ViVapes, as has been stated before, there were some elements that were defective.

Less common and rather unlikely would be the need for calibration.

Huh? Wait a second. I just read all of the above, but I just gotta ask, and I know that I may be opening up a can of old worms here, but the above quotes sure doesn't sound like it's coming from an end user, eh? I mean, how would an end user know all this stuff about the internals and their associated weak points and how would they know how expensive the "little blower" is?

Something doesn't quite seem right here...........And yeah, I know. I can hear it, "There goes lwien again on his crusade but it's been awhile, but when something doesn't quite smell right, I just can't keep my mouth shut.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Oh come on iwein, can't you read? He took his unit down to the service center himself and they were nice enough to just let him come in and they decided to give him a complete knowledge of the inner workings of his device while they worked on it.

Because they are nice like that, and why not right? </s>

CentiZen,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Also, how about a picture of just the circuit board front and back ... pretty please?
Best I have at the moment.
E5JflxU.jpg

ldZwufT.jpg

BoB Nesmtih

You can defend yourself but you cross the line whenyou tell someone to F off. That breaks our "Be nice" rule. Warning point issued.
haha you guys are funny but I truly am just a customer. I do know Dan, in the sense I have personally met him twice. I also know the man that invented this device. However I have absolutely no relation to these guys at all. I am an electronics engineer, and a computer security expert. I have my own corporation that is completely unrelated to anything having to do with any sort of business having to do with vaporizers or any other consumption apparatus. Vaporizers are relatively simple devices at the end of the day. How do I know so much?? I BROKE MINE?? I BROKE MY FAN, I TOOK MINE APART - I PLED MERCY ON MY WARRANTY IN PERSON. The REAL question I have is why i spend any time at all defending myself as if I could give a shit.

I am simply trying to share my experience with this device, and join in on the group. Post some info, read some info and have a good time. It just got a little less fun. I came on here, and was like cool, look! A Vivape forum! Look! theres a few people with broken vapes! Maybe I can help out!

I did go to the "repair center" They really were nice enough to let me come over. They really did let me stand there and watch while they fixed it. I asked an awful lot of questions. You have NO RIGHT to question me, my motives or what I have or have not done without facts. So on that note, F off if you dont believe me. I have only tried to contribute positively to this discussion thus far. I dont appreciate being accused.

BoB Nesmtih,
Reactions: harmudge

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
I am simply trying to share my experience with this device, and join in on the group. Post some info, read some info and have a good time. It just got a little less fun. I came on here, and was like cool, look! A Vivape forum! Look! theres a few people with broken vapes! Maybe I can help out!

They're not personal attacks against you. There are just reasons to be wary about someone(new members typically) with lots of information to present. In the past(none of which I witnessed) various persons from various vape manufacturers(including vaporfection) have come on here to boast about their product.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
You have NO RIGHT

Dude, this is a private forum. Your idea's of "rights" are invalid here. You get to post whatever you want, and I get to post whatever I want (within the rules). And I want to post my concern that you are not here as an impartial party.

If that's not the case, then you get to try to prove me wrong. Or don't, I really couldn't care either. But when we have a relatively new account, that is only posting in threads related to the vaporfection products, this fits a very tired pattern with vaporfection sending people to the forums to only to try to drum up sales and push their products over competition.

So, get mad if you want, but this fits a pattern with vaporfection, and in my experience those who start spouting off with 'YOU HAVE NO RIGHT' are usually at the end of their useful spectrum of responses. And you know what? The last person we caught from vaporfection acted the same way when accused.

If you are legit, I am sorry - but dude, this is so suspicious. And I'm not the only one to think that. But I'll bit my tongue and leave it at that as to not derail this thread any more than it already has been.

lwien

You have NO RIGHT to question me, my motives or what I have or have not done without facts. So on that note, F off if you dont believe me. I have only tried to contribute positively to this discussion thus far. I dont appreciate being accused.

Ya know, you did a pretty go job of defending yourself and then you blew it with the "Fuck off" comment. Going on the offense like that is a dead give-a-way.

Now regarding your comments of "You have NO RIGHT", and that you "don't appreciate being accused", I'm here to tell ya that I have EVERY right considering how employees passing themselves off as end users have presented themselves not only in this thread, but others as well and while I totally get that you don't appreciate being accused, that is a given. I don't know of anyone who would appreciate that, even if they were guilty, ESPECIALLY if they are guilty of that which that are being accused of.

And VaporEyes is correct. This isn't a personal attack against you. Hell, I don't even know you, but what this IS an attack on, is the marketing tactic of manufacturers doing what you are doing here. This particular company, Vaporfection, has been busted on this practice in the past, and so, when someone comes in here smelling like a duck in the same Vaporfection thread where ducks have tread in the past, than you're gonna have some people sniffin' just a bit harder than usual to find out...........is this really another duck?

So I would suggest to get off of the defensive tact of:

"You have NO RIGHT to question me"
"F off if you dont believe me"
"I dont appreciate being accused."

for that does nothing but further tarnish Vaporfections reputation, which is slowly dwindling away.

For the life of me, I don't understand why companies resort to these tactics, simply because the downside of getting caught doing this, or even the suspicion of a company doing this, far outweighs whatever benefit that they THINK they could garner.

Bob, for the record, it's not only WHAT you said, but how you said it that set off the red flags.

lwien,

BoB Nesmtih

Ya know, you did a pretty go job of defending yourself and then you blew it with the "Fuck off" comment. Going on the offense like that is a dead give-a-way.

Now regarding your comments of "You have NO RIGHT", and that you "don't appreciate being accused", I'm here to tell ya that I have EVERY right considering how employees passing themselves off as end users have presented themselves not only in this thread, but others as well and while I totally get that you don't appreciate being accused, that is a given. I don't know of anyone who would appreciate that, even if they were guilty, ESPECIALLY if they are guilty of that which that are being accused of.

And VaporEyes is correct. This isn't a personal attack against you. Hell, I don't even know you, but what this IS an attack on, is the marketing tactic of manufacturers doing what you are doing here. This particular company, Vaporfection, has been busted on this practice in the past, and so, when someone comes in here smelling like a duck in the same Vaporfection thread where ducks have tread in the past, than you're gonna have some people sniffin' just a bit harder than usual to find out...........is this really a duck?

So I would suggest to get off of the defensive tact of:

"You have NO RIGHT to question me"
"F off if you dont believe me"
"I dont appreciate being accused."

for that does nothing but further tarnish Vaporfections reputation, which is slowly dwindling away.

For the life of me, I don't understand why companies resort to these tactics, simply because the downside of getting caught doing this, or even the suspicion of a company doing this, far outweighs whatever benefit that they THINK they could garner.

Bob, for the record, it's not only WHAT you said, but how you said it that set off the red flags.

Red flags? whatever.. I decided to display my anger at being accused of being a liar. I dont know how you take that, but thats how I take it. You guys have a wild imagination.

BoB Nesmtih,

lwien

The red flags, Bob, wasn't in your post where you defended yourself, but rather in the post where you described in detail about the inner components of this vape and what specifically should be watched for if one undertakes this effort.

As you can see from my post count, I have been here for a very long time and have seen volumes of posts of qualified people, engineers and such, describing various vapes and their internal workings, and to me, it is very easy to tell when one is coming from the point of view as an end user or if one is coming from the point of view of the manufacturer. YOU are coming from the point of view of a manufacturer, and to me, that's obvious.

One of the reason why it's so obvious is because I've been in the marketing/advertising/sales game for decades. I wrote ad copy and it was my job to entice potential customers to come into our stores with them realizing that they are being enticed. As a sales trainer, I trained my sales managers how to sell without the customer realizing that they are being sold. If a customer feels, or even has an inkling, that they are being sold something by the salesman, than the salesman has failed to do his/her job, even if they were successful in selling the product. So..........in this context, I am an expert. In just about all others..........I am not. ;)

lwien,

BoB Nesmtih

The red flags, Bob, wasn't in your post where you defended yourself, but rather in the post where you described in detail about the inner components of this vape and what specifically should be watched for if one undertakes this effort.

As you can see from my post count, I have been here for a very long time and have seen volumes of posts of qualified people, engineers and such, describing various vapes and their internal workings, and to me, it is very easy to tell when one is coming from the point of view as an end user or if one is coming from the point of view of the manufacturer. YOU are coming from the point of view of a manufacturer, and to me, that's obvious.

One of the reason why it's so obvious is because I've been in the marketing/advertising/sales game for decades. I wrote ad copy and it was my job to entice potential customers to come into our stores with them realizing that they are being enticed. As a sales trainer, I trained my sales managers how to sell without the customer realizing that they are being sold. If a customer feels, or even has an inkling, that they are being sold something by the salesman, than the salesman has failed to do his/her job, even if they were successful in selling the product. So..........in this context, I am an expert. In just about all others..........I am not. ;)

Well I apologize for getting pissed but I had pretty much made it clear I THOUGHT several posts ago that I do not work for these guys, and I actually went on to describe the mind blowing customer service I got, and suggested you guys send your vaporizers in for repair and explained that I had been to the service "center" and saw the insides of one. Same place I saw the 220v in operation, same place I saw EVERYTHING here. Again, I dont want to "hurt" Vaporfection, however I have no interest in "helping" them, or at this point even caring about their "reputation" - My help here was to help YOU GUYS - other than the fact that the guys that I met were very cool sincere people that share the love that we all do and want everyone to be happy. In fact, I was kinda hoping to get help with other vaporizers here in the forums when I saw the ViVape thread. I see your point, but let me counterpoint on one thing. If I HAD been a corporate shill (and vaporfection was like 2 or 3 guys total from what I could tell) why would I want to hide? I think I have provided quite a bit of help here, and that is about it. But knee-jerking and composing entire posts that are rather insulting to a new member will definitely stifle membership and new ideas.

I get that I am new here. I suppose what I dont get is how freaking cut throat blood thirsty competitive Willy Wonka level corporate espionage the Vaporizer business is. I guess sometimes winning the golden ticket is hard for some to believe.

lwien

If I HAD been a corporate shill why would I want to hide?

Because that's what shills do. That's kinda like asking, "If I were a snake, why would I want to bite you?", to which the answer would be the same...............because that's what snakes do.

I have no interest in "helping" them, or at this point even caring about their "reputation" -

Ok, let's do this. Being that you have such an intimate knowledge about the how this vape works, tell us a few things that are negative about this vape that could cost the company future sales without putting ANY positive spin on those things. And then, lets discuss those issues without you defending them. Let's even touch on a few things that other vapes would do better at these specific weak points. Sounds like a good place to start in order to maintain a bit of credibility here.

There's not a vape on the market that couldn't be discussed in this way, eh?

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Damn looks like vapeworld stopped selling the vivape. Missed my chance to get it for $289 but my original is still going strong so I cant complain

Mynameismud,

UnixRasta

Damn looks like vapeworld stopped selling the vivape. Missed my chance to get it for $289 but my original is still going strong so I cant complain

It looks like the vV2 is still available for $299 directly from vaporfection.

UnixRasta,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
It looks like the vV2 is still available for $299 directly from vaporfection.
Yeah but they charge $60 shipping, vapeworld had free shipping. I was only thinking about getting it as a back up because i thought $289 was a steal. But they dont have it anymore so I thats no longer an option and i just got mine fixed so its like brand new anyway

Mynameismud,
Top Bottom