Discontinued Vaporfection viVape

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
OTG:

Yes Azarius, Conscious Wholesales, VapoShop is the same owner and company!

About the ViVape:

Was at the fair. The units are pretty sleak and the design is nice (be aware I'm an Apple Addict so that opinion is personal and subjective).
Heating time: it's more then 26 sec. as sold but still pretty impressive IMO! I would say around 45 sec.
Temp. display: Over rated IMO: when it says 190c the vapor coming out looks like a 180 c one.
Vapor Flavor: Not bad, with a slight silicone taste
Vapor waste: Huge IMO... and clearly a No GO for me as heat is always running on the herbs, even in whip mode (WTF guys????). So, it's wasting vape (visible vape coming out of the whip like a geiser), energy (consumes 700 Watts OMG!) and heating my living room to ridiculous point in the summer! To be considered too: you cannot unplugg the unit till the cooling process is done, just like his ancester the Novus!
Noise: Pretty impressive as the unit makes the same noise as an external HD running... Nothing unbearable!

So in resume a pimped design for the Novus. I am sure this unit will have the expectd buzz at first, and essencially from vape newbs' as it has design references to more known products. But I'm also confident the FC average member will recognize this as what it is: not a revolution in terms of vape technology... In fact an improved novus in a magnificient casing! ;)

FLskwat,
Reactions: Pappy

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Samo_T said:
It's not the same company, vaposhop and azarius are affiliates of us (as are a number of other vendors) - the commissions are used for server costs and to purchase new vapes.. send me an email if you want to chat more, so we can stay on topic here :)

I'm having trouble uploading more photo's and I'm in a rush to head off to Cannafest in Prague, I hope to be able to upload that video from there - if not it'll be monday.

Smart way to fund your hobby. Not to interested in the website at the moment though, I already spend way to much time on this one as it is. Thanks for the offer though, I know where to find you if I change my mind.

Funny, I get email replies from the same guys (Rutger & Rik) when I contact either the Azarius or the Vaposhop customer service. But you're right that this isn't the place for that, perhaps I'll should just repeat the question in the Vaposhop thread to see if they'll respond to it there.

Have fun in Prague! Been there for the first time in my life this summer, beautiful city & a wonderful country overall.

edit: you posted just as I was typing FLskwat, but thanks for confirming my suspicions. I wonder what's going on there & why they wouldn't stick to just one shop, or why they didn't register Azurius on FC since it seems to be more known globally then their other shop that is listed as an FC friend. & I also wonder why Samo_T would deny this, I assume he should be informed enough as an affiliate.

Also thanks for the added info. Sounds like they got some kinks to work on, really curious if something similar is going on with the portable version and if this has anything to do with the fact that the initial release was delayed.

OhTheAgony,

Samo_T

Ahh, I thought you meant our company (we're a webdevelopment company) that made the website.. While Vaposhop and Azarius dont openly advertise they are owned by the same company, I think many people are aware of this..

And yeah, Im curious to find out how the mivape will perform, since vaporfection doesnt have any prior experience with portables.

Samo_T,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks for clearing that up Samo, & sorry for reading to much in to it. I'll keep an eye out for that video ;)

OhTheAgony,

Samo_T

Here's a link to the video: http://youtu.be/aDT0JF5APKU (or can we embed them here?)

Sorry for the somewhat lousy audio/video quality (and the sales talk, heh)

Like FLskwat mentioned, you can actually see vapour coming out of the whip when it is in whip mode, so yeah, waste of vapour and power usage seem to be somewhat of a problem right now.

Samo_T,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Vapor from the bag looked pretty good for that kind of lighting, but those units are big man, didn't expect that. For some reason I would love to take one of those apart.

Thanks for the vid Samo (don't think embedding is possible btw)!

OhTheAgony,

Canna Hound

Vapor test pilot/glass freak
Samo_T, thank you for the video; it is making the wait all that much harder. Do you know if stirring is required like most vapes using a similar wand?

Do you by chance have any experience using the Oracle; can you compare the two?

thanks again for the vid
H

Canna Hound,

max

Out to lunch
The Oracle doesn't provide direct draw in passive mode. You have to tap the forced air vapor stream. The Vivape seems to compete much more with the Extreme and herbalAire, as a true dual mode vape. If it uses forced air in a similar way to the previous Vaporfection units, in direct draw mode, it would still be mostly dependent on lung power, like the other dual mode models.

max,

mistergyro

man this is kind of a bummer to hear....who is engineering this stuff? just doesn't seem right. hope there isn't some huge thing we are missing on the mi vape too...

mistergyro,

stebod

Got one of these on preorder as my first ever vape as i needed something that didn't look like a bong. What im confused with is if the whip is using forced air (as in video) what's the difference when you put it on balloon mode? Auto shut off maybe

stebod,

Samo_T

It fills balloons much faster when you switch to balloon mode, as it increases the fan speed.

Samo_T,

Canna Hound

max said:
The Oracle doesn't provide direct draw in passive mode. You have to tap the forced air vapor stream. The Vivape seems to compete much more with the Extreme and herbalAire, as a true dual mode vape. If it uses forced air in a similar way to the previous Vaporfection units, in direct draw mode, it would still be mostly dependent on lung power, like the other dual mode models.

I should have provided some background for my question...

Since I ordered the ViVape at the beginning of November my vaporizer needs have changed dramatically. I went from almost 100% Herbalaire bags, back to my Vapor Tower whip, and then finally full circle back to using a water piece with the whip like when I got my first whip Vape a few years ago.

With my renewed interest in glass plus the purchase of a VHW3.0 and Silver Surfer; along with the Cloud release looking to coincide with the ViVape's actual release, I see no need for me to purchase anything other than the best forced air vaporizer for my needs. The ViVape, for me was a compromise between the Cloud and Oracle; with the added advantage over the Cloud of being immediately available according to Vaporfections site when I placed the order.

Now that the Cloud I am on the waiting list for, and the ViVape which I paid for at time of order(yes they charged me already!) will both be available at nearly the same time, I know I will only be using the ViVape for filling bags.

Due to my at times crazy schedule with work and family, I may only have 10-15 minutes for a vape session; a whip based vaporizer has never been able to provide me with sufficient pain relief with only 15 minutes. My Herbalaire was great because it would fill a Turkey bag in about seven minutes, providing nearly two full bags in fifteen minutes; assuming it is warmed up(or add 2min for warm-up).

After spending the last six weeks using nothing but the VHW and/or Silver Surfer, I know I still need a bag filler if I want to come close to achieving the medicinal effects of my dearly departed Herbalaire. With that in mind, I don't need another glass/glass heat injector or whip; I need a vaporizer that is going to give me the best bag full of vapor in the shortest time...

After watching the video from the cup posted above, along with the Oracle videos; I was reminded of the inherent need to stir a whip based vaporizer with a wand design such as Vaporfection's; along with the ViVape's delayed delivery and lack of communication, I am starting to feel like my gamble on this vaporizer may not be a winning bet for my needs. Plus the cost of replacement glass for the Vivape is more expensive, compared to the Oracle's; as far as I could factor.

While the Vivape may still be one of the best options for a dual purpose unit; I have to be honest with myself and my needs... Plus, I am really not the type who is willing to sacrifice performance???

That is why I was asking for comparisons to the Oracle; I am personally thinking of ordering an Oracle. I am just trying to decide if I can justify keeping this Vivape on order?

Canna Hound,

stebod

Peeps have mentioned in this thread about it wasting vapor as it is constantly spewing the vapor out of the whip, would it be an issue to just block the end of the whip your finger when passing it around or having a quick rest. I am assuming you can not shut off or reduce fan speed via the touch display

stebod,

max

Out to lunch
Canna Hound said:
I am personally thinking of ordering an Oracle. I am just trying to decide if I can justify keeping this Vivape on order?
If you have a VHW and SSV, you're very well covered for direct draw. I'd get the Oracle if you want top quality bag fill. It's very fast and very efficient, and you can still steal a direct hit while the bag is filling. Whether you can justify the viVape as well is up to you and your wallet, but I'd say it would be overkill as far as covering functionality.

stebod said:
Peeps have mentioned in this thread about it wasting vapor as it is constantly spewing the vapor out of the whip, would it be an issue to just block the end of the whip your finger when passing it around or having a quick rest. I am assuming you can not shut off or reduce fan speed via the touch display
Blocking the forced air is not recommended. There's not very much air flow in direct draw mode (at least there hasn't been on previous models), so you don't lose much. Bag filling mode, I assume, would kick in a much stronger flow of air.

max,

stebod

IMO any waste of expensive product is unacceptable, how do other vapes with forced air get around this problem? Could you simply just pull the whip out the machine and reinsert as required. I am a bit of a sipper and not a big hitting bong sort of guy so maybe forced air could be an issue for me

stebod,

max

Out to lunch
how do other vapes with forced air get around this problem?
They don't. There aren't that many forced air units out there. That part of the vape market didn't really take off. You had air paths that weren't well isolated from the electronics in some cases, and display units/digital controllers were expensive to replace out of warranty. More people went with passive, analog models for direct draw.

Could you simply just pull the whip out the machine and reinsert as required.
That still wouldn't stop the air flow.

I am a bit of a sipper and not a big hitting bong sort of guy so maybe forced air could be an issue for me
Sounds like you may like the log vape design-PD/CRZ/TT- are all excellent sippers. They provide good hits and do a great job of stretching your supply.

max,

jeff

Max don't some units like the Extreme Q have a forced air mode that you can toggle on or off? (which while I have not used seems like best vape pound for pound. It seems to do everything and come with everything).

Also staying on topic. this funny little add showed up in my email.

Saying that it was named best vaporizer of the year in the new product category at the Amsterdam Canna Cup. Though I don't really see any fans in this forum!

jeff,

stebod

I got that email too, i am concerned this thing could end up a very expensive room heater. I have read, correct me if im wrong, that an extreme q or Herbalaire (standard pump) does not have the power to push the vapor through an aquavape, if this is also the case for the vivape then why would blocking the whip be an issue?

stebod,

max

Out to lunch
jeff said:
Max don't some units like the Extreme Q have a forced air mode that you can toggle on or off?
The fan on the Extreme obviously has to be used with bag fill, and it's an option with direct draw. But even the lowest speed is high enough to fill a bag, and I don't think it's very popular to use the fan, at any speed, with whip hits. Most people prefer to have total control, via lung power, over the vapor flow. The forced air on high end digital models like the Vaporfection (in direct draw mode) is not there for providing vapor. It's more to assist the electronic design. I guess you could take nose hits with it, but it really doesn't push much air/vapor. This constant 'dribble' of air flow has always put me off on models like this. And I don't see any info on their site about it. I wouldn't be happy to buy one and then find out it's always pushing air in whip mode. OTOH, some of what I do see on the site isn't what I like to see on any vape maker's site - "Unlike other vaporizers that use ceramics, metals and plastics, which can cause impurities, ours only consists of glass-on-glass technology, resulting in only the purist vapor experience possible." They'd like you to believe that vapes using ceramic, metal, and/or plastic are unsafe, while they imply that the viVape's vapor path is glass and only glass. I'd like to open one up and see exactly what materials are exposed to the vapor path. And it's a shame that on such a professional looking site, they can't manage to do a spell/grammar check and use 'purest' (adjective) instead of 'purist' (noun).

stebod said:
why would blocking the whip be an issue?
Email the company and ask. I bet they tell you not to block it.

max,

jeff

max said:
jeff said:
Max don't some units like the Extreme Q have a forced air mode that you can toggle on or off?
The fan on the Extreme obviously has to be used with bag fill, and it's an option with direct draw. But even the lowest speed is high enough to fill a bag, and I don't think it's very popular to use the fan, at any speed, with whip hits. Most people prefer to have total control, via lung power, over the vapor flow. The forced air on high end digital models like the Vaporfection (in direct draw mode) is not there for providing vapor. It's more to assist the electronic design. I guess you could take nose hits with it, but it really doesn't push much air/vapor. This constant 'dribble' of air flow has always put me off on models like this. And I don't see any info on their site about it. I wouldn't be happy to buy one and then find out it's always pushing air in whip mode. OTOH, some of what I do see on the site isn't what I like to see on any vape maker's site - "Unlike other vaporizers that use ceramics, metals and plastics, which can cause impurities, ours only consists of glass-on-glass technology, resulting in only the purist vapor experience possible." They'd like you to believe that vapes using ceramic, metal, and/or plastic are unsafe, while they imply that the viVape's vapor path is glass and only glass. I'd like to open one up and see exactly what materials are exposed to the vapor path. And it's a shame that on such a professional looking site, they can't manage to do a spell/grammar check and use 'purest' (adjective) instead of 'purist' (noun).

stebod said:
why would blocking the whip be an issue?
Email the company and ask. I bet they tell you not to block it.

Agreed no way there is nothing but glass on glass on glass in there. Or a heating element made from glass? Seems Fishy. There site is highly devoid of information. But you know on the other hand most vape manufacturer sites I have been to suck and lack info. In my quest to research and find a vape for me I found this site and you tube has way more info, and not biased info at that. Go FC. And people like Randy at Puffitup. Super helpful. I am actually bout to hit send on an order through him for a wispr. Pretty good price with the FC code.

jeff,

SlimShady

Well here it is 12/10/11 and no email with tracking info as HERB said would happen.:mad:

I'm cancelling my order Monday and asking for a refund.

If I have any troubles with the refund I will post the details.

While waiting for the vivape I bought a Solo off Amazon. Its the SS M105 model. Love it!!! No smell, awesome vapor and gets 4-5 sessions per charge. I use the straight 4 hole stem with a SS screen on setting 5 or 6. Damn near perfect in my opinion.

SlimShady,

stebod

I had an email from herb stating that shipment will comence on the 10/12th of December. This could be due to the 10th being a Saturday. I am expecting an email tommorrow with the shipping details so give them a days grace until you cancel your order

stebod,

max

Out to lunch
SlimShady said:
Well here it is 12/10/11 and no email with tracking info as HERB said would happen.:mad:
Wow. It doesn't take long to make you an unhappy buyer. It's the weekend man.

stebod said:
This could be due to the 10th being a Saturday
Could be indeed.

max,

Canna Hound

Yeah, I received the same email a day after I asked for a refund. I am still waiting for that refund a week later; hopefully it is the banks fault is hasn't shown up yet...

I personally feel stupid in hindsight; I ordered an untested product from a company with no presence here on FC, while a handful of other companies have tried and true designs that have a wealth of non-biased information and performance data readily available. Not to mention actual customer service!

I took a gamble on this thing and even if I can get my money out of them, it was still a bad bet on my part.

I hope Vaporfection can at least fulfill it's design promises to the customers they have left. Customer service; or lack their of cost them at least my order. I just couldn't afford to wait any longer.

Canna Hound,

SlimShady

Fuck the weekend.... these chumps can't look at a calendar when they give a "ship by" date?

My credit card was charged 42 days ago and another missed ship date.

I don't care how good their vaporizer is..... they suck.

mod note: If you don't think you're breaking this rule- Don't attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed., I'm letting you know that you are. "chumps" and "they suck" are over the line.

SlimShady,
Top Bottom