Discontinued Vaporfection viVape

BoB Nesmtih

I was at their service center. Seems like things are back on track. Got my ViVape tuned up, while I waited. These guys are completely legit, and from what I gathered there HAD been a slight speed bump in their business plans, but things are much smoother now. I would recommend you give them another shot. These guys have been at it a long time, and any shadiness is likely an honest mixup. I truly do not see any of these guys looking to scam someone for a few bucks. I have what some might call a vaporizer museum, and I can tell you that the ViVape2 is hands down the best vaporizer I have ever used. I vaped some wax into a bag today, and it was AMAZING.

BoB Nesmtih,

dormouse

I received my replacement viVape today. Looks good. It will be another couple of weeks before I'm able to vape again, but I can't wait to try it.

UnixRasta

I received my replacement viVape today. Looks good. It will be another couple of weeks until I'm able to vape again, but I can't wait to try it.

Well it is good to know that Vaporfection is still alive and kicking at least...

So does anyone know of a place to get good replacement hoses for the viVape, or do most of you just order then directly from Vaporfection for $10.00 per hose?
I like the medical grade silicone hoses that they sell, but would like to find a cheaper alternative.

I also just ordered a ZOB bubbler from ALT and a 18mm H2O adapter from gotvape.
I want to see how the vV2 works with a ZOB.

UnixRasta,

dormouse

Well it is good to know that Vaporfection is still alive and kicking at least...

So does anyone know of a place to get good replacement hoses for the viVape, or do most of you just order then directly from Vaporfection for $10.00 per hose?
I like the medical grade silicone hoses that they sell, but would like to find a cheaper alternative.

I also just ordered a ZOB bubbler from ALT and a 18mm H2O adapter from gotvape.
I want to see how the vV2 works with a ZOB.

Personally, I don't ever want to use another silicon hose again. I prefer an all glass air path. This will be my setup with the ViVape.

VV2_1_zps6b622ad5.jpg

VV2_2_zps9eb03229.jpg

VV2_3_zps9c760e87.jpg

UnixRasta

Personally, I don't ever want to use another silicon hose again. I prefer an all glass air path. This will be my setup with the ViVape.

This is an excellent configuration. Where is the herb chamber? I see what looks like a small
screen in the top picture.
Where did you find those H2O adapters, they look better than most that I have found.

UnixRasta,
Reactions: dormouse

dormouse

This is an excellent configuration. Where is the herb chamber? I see what looks like a small
screen in the top picture.
Where did you find those H2O adapters, they look better than most that I have found.

:)

The glass adapters are from Planetvape. 18mm male to 18mm female - 90 degree, and 18mm male to 18mm male - straight.

The herb holder/dome screen came with an Arizer Q Elbow adapter, but they're sold separately as well.

I haven't been able to try this out yet, as my involuntary period of sobriety doesn't end for another few weeks, but I have high hopes for this setup.

VV2_4_zps312a207b.jpg

UnixRasta

:)

The glass adapters are from Planetvape. 18mm male to 18mm female - 90 degree, and 18mm male to 18mm male - straight.

The herb holder/dome screen came with an Arizer Q Elbow adapter, but they're sold separately as well.

I haven't been able to try this out yet, as my involuntary period of sobriety doesn't end for another few weeks, but I have high hopes for this setup.

VV2_4_zps312a207b.jpg

Thanks for all the detailed information. Looks like it is time to start ordering some items online!
This seems like a good placement for the herb chamber.
I remember someone had a Mobius and there was a concern about the "blowback" that was caused
by the leveling of the water in the Mobius after clearing it on the last hit.
Apparently there was a tendency for the herb to be blown back into the vV2 which of course can cause serious problems, according to Vaporfection.
I also wonder how this setup will function with the constant air flow from the blower fan which is always on on the vV2.

UnixRasta,

dormouse

This seems like a good placement for the herb chamber.
I remember someone had a Mobius and there was a concern about the "blowback" that was caused
by the leveling of the water in the Mobius after clearing it on the last hit.
Apparently there was a tendency for the herb to be blown back into the vV2 which of course can cause serious problems, according to Vaporfection.

When I tried a similar setup with the defective viVape, the blowback was a concern to me as well. The glass adapters should be removed before clearing the bubbler, but that's fairly easy to do. Also, if there is blowback while the "slide" is still in, I think this setup is preferable to using the original herbal container, as the herb would fall back into the dome screen with this configuration. I think the 90 degree adapter and the air flow from the viVape will probably prevent blowback from becoming a major problem.

Worst case, I'll just use my Kind Creations bubbler instead.

Salutations DorMouse,

Just for the fun of it:

34ozwvq.jpg

:peace:
Mother of God, what is that oddly beautiful creature? Some kind of electric snake?

dormouse,

max

Out to lunch
Whatever you do, do not EVER open your ViVape. This will void the warranty and render the unit unrepairable. I have seen inside one, and I assure you there is nothing interesting in there. Perhaps whats not in there is the most interesting thing?
So BoB, how is it that the unit becomes "unrepairable" if it's been opened. If that were the case, then no warranty repairs could be done, right? Voiding the warranty and being unrepairable are two different things. And how is it that you've decided what qualifies as interesting for everyone?

I have what some might call a vaporizer museum, and I can tell you that the ViVape2 is hands down the best vaporizer I have ever used.
The best in every respect? Your museum must be a small one.

max,
Reactions: Tweek

Egzoset

Banned
Hi DorMouse,

Mother of God, what is that oddly beautiful creature?

Sorry, i'm glad if this interlude felt enjoyable but i'm afraid it's only virtual (Photoshop); it's not even clear to me if the relative dimensions would make sense or not anyway. Yet i can't but think to myself something like that might prove convenient...

:peace:

Egzoset,

BoB Nesmtih

So BoB, how is it that the unit becomes "unrepairable" if it's been opened. If that were the case, then no warranty repairs could be done, right? Voiding the warranty and being unrepairable are two different things. And how is it that you've decided what qualifies as interesting for everyone?

The best in every respect? Your museum must be a small one.
?

I think it is like any other product that is not user serviceable. They do not want people that think they know more than they do mucking around inside, breaking it and creating service issues. With their wide open door service policy (as long as you dont violate the warranty by opening it) I hardly can blame them. Besides why would you need to open it up? Do you disassemble your car stereo or your television for the hell of it?

Ok, so maybe it is not portable. but I truly cannot think of anything else that I would change about this vaporizer. If you had something in mind please tell me, I am all ears. I can vaporize almost anything I want to whip or bag, from wax to oil to herb, taste is incredible - produce dense clouds of fog, and the unit has rock solid temperature control, as well as a sealed glass heating element, and sealed glass airway. Rock solid customer service and repair. I love my Vivape!

BoB Nesmtih,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
It's a good product but there's still a lot of gripes I had with the unit in the short time I had one. For one it heated my tiny room up a lot and I didn't like that I just couldn't unplug it and put it in a drawer whenever I felt like it (or needed to!) without giving it time to blow out all the heat. I really wish the unit was designed with better heat sinking, and that you could turn the fan off when you don't want it. Other than that, it's just as good as any other all glass vaporizer in terms of taste and versatility. No need to put it on a pedestle in my opinion.

As for there not being anything interesting in the ViVape, I disagree. Not only can a skilled technician open it without rendering it useless (like I did - I know I have a problem), there are a lot of parts in there that could be replaced by someone who knows what their doing upon failure. However, I can see why vaporfection wouldn't want people to do that. But still, I'm curious, how did you come to see the insides of a ViVape while still keeping keeping the notion it would be destroyed in the process without working for Vaporfection?

Of course, I'm assuming that a representative of vaporfection would follow all rules of the forum and contact VTac before posting again after the debacle last time. Maybe I shouldn't.

CentiZen,

BoB Nesmtih

It's a good product but there's still a lot of gripes I had with the unit in the short time I had one. For one it heated my tiny room up a lot and I didn't like that I just couldn't unplug it and put it in a drawer whenever I felt like it (or needed to!) without giving it time to blow out all the heat. I really wish the unit was designed with better heat sinking, and that you could turn the fan off when you don't want it. Other than that, it's just as good as any other all glass vaporizer in terms of taste and versatility. No need to put it on a pedestle in my opinion.

As for there not being anything interesting in the ViVape, I disagree. Not only can a skilled technician open it without rendering it useless (like I did - I know I have a problem), there are a lot of parts in there that could be replaced by someone who knows what their doing upon failure. However, I can see why vaporfection wouldn't want people to do that. But still, I'm curious, how did you come to see the insides of a ViVape while still keeping keeping the notion it would be destroyed in the process without working for Vaporfection?

Of course, I'm assuming that a representative of vaporfection would follow all rules of the forum and contact VTac before posting again after the debacle last time. Maybe I shouldn't.

Im a customer of Vaporfection. Certainly not a representative of theirs if that is what you are eluding. I happen to live very near to their service center, so I was able to physically bring my unit there, and watch them work on the unit. I was offered a loaner unit if I did not want to wait, but I decided to save myself a return trip and waited for the unit. Your mileage may vary in that respect. I dont know if its SOP for them to have customers as guests. For whatever reason, I was and I was allowed to watch. I have no reason to believe that anyone else would not have a similar experience. It was an interesting visit and I was able to ask a lot of questions about the unit that they happily answered.

You most certainly can open it.. Opening the unit yourself voids the warranty. That is clear and typical of any electronic device. I dont know what the steps are beyond a voided warranty for repair other than fix it yourself, which you likely could. But why even go there when Vaporfection is there to fix it as needed. The unit will not self-destruct if you open it. Sorry if I implied otherwise. I can understand that the reason that you would want to open it is curiosity but like I said in my original post its rather uneventful inside. Its a heating element, fan, airway, and an LED, and a power supply with a circuit board that drives the display.

BoB Nesmtih,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ahhhh well after a good year of use my vivape has crapped out again. Turned on, heated up to 350 took a couple hits, left room for a couple minutes and came back and tried to take a hit and no vapor. It said it was at 350 but cold air was coming out. Turned it off and no cool down session. Turned immediatly back on and it was at 127 F and just decreased in temperature and wont heat up at all. Had the same problem a year ago and they said the heating element failed

. I have the 24hr replacement warrantly so hopefully ill get it back a day after they get it but it took about 8 days last time so im not getting my hopes up. Also hoping i dont get an undeliverable notice like others. I just sent an email so well see what happens...

Mynameismud,

ugobo

Ahhhh well after a good year of use my vivape has crapped out again. Turned on, heated up to 350 took a couple hits, left room for a couple minutes and came back and tried to take a hit and no vapor. It said it was at 350 but cold air was coming out. Turned it off and no cool down session. Turned immediatly back on and it was at 127 F and just decreased in temperature and wont heat up at all. Had the same problem a year ago and they said the heating element failed

. I have the 24hr replacement warrantly so hopefully ill get it back a day after they get it but it took about 8 days last time so im not getting my hopes up. Also hoping i dont get an undeliverable notice like others. I just sent an email so well see what happens...

Same problem that i had with my first vV. Is this a vV or vV2? I would'nt ship the faulty vV before speaking with someone at Vaporfection if i were you. Good luck and keep us posted!

ugobo,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
It seems to be the common point of failure across most of the failed units I've seen, apart from broken glass of course. I wonder if it is the actual element failing from stress or if it's an electronic component that just can't take the constant buildup of heat that it has to undergo.

CentiZen,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Original vV. this was my 2nd replacement from last year. I had the same problem with the one this one replaced if that makes sense. But the 1st time i had the problem it occured a day or 2 after recieveing the unit.

DAN replied to me right away (i guess hes back lol, or theyre using his old email account) and told me to send it to 1200 N federal (the address everyones been having issues with). I sent another email and am waiting for a response

That suuuuucks mud. Who got an undeliverable notice?
I believe dormmouse and ugobo got undeliverable for his rebate thing not positive though, ots probably inthe last couple pages i just dont feel like reading right now

It seems to be the common point of failure across most of the failed units I've seen, apart from broken glass of course. I wonder if it is the actual element failing from stress or if it's an electronic component that just can't take the constant buildup of heat that it has to undergo.
From what i was told last time, i believe its an elecronic compenent. Which is one of the reasons they released the vivape2 but i could be wrong/making that up so who knows

Edit: so Dan assured me the address should be fine, and he wasnt with the company when i last had issues so I shouldnt have any problems with the 24 hour warranty and I am in good hands... We will see, i just sent it back, should arrive friday so hopefully Ill have a working vivape by Monday. Ill be back to let everyone knows how it goes. Ill also ask about the mivape since a couple months ago dan apparently left the company and said it was never coming out...

Mynameismud,

BoB Nesmtih

Some of the earlier heating elements had a component that was not properly brazed when the element was manufactured. My experience is that Dan is a very helpful and responsive guy. I purchased things via the website when he was in charge, and he actually gave me a call about a question I had. Lets see how quick you get your vape turned around Mudd. Hopefully it is very fast.

BoB Nesmtih,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Alas, I don't think Dan is with Vaporfection any longer. They've gone radio silent and have not responded to any of my emails.

Vapinghole,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Alas, I don't think Dan is with Vaporfection any longer. They've gone radio silent and have not responded to any of my emails.

Dan is definately still with vaporfection. I figured maybe they were just using his old email account to respond to me, butI i have a voicmail from him from about an hour ago. They recieved my vivape, its getting fixed and they will be trying to get it back out to me today. I should have a working vivape by monday! (I specified id be gone all weekend)

Im not 100% a believer yet, but if i get my vivape back working early next week im back on board.

Mynameismud,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Good to know. I thought Dan told someone on FC, perhaps ugobo, that he left the company.

Vapinghole,
I just want to say I just purchased a new ViVape2 for $209.00 shipped.
Here is how to get it assuming coupon code works.

Go here: https://vaporfection.com/products/vivape/
Add to cart
Type in: Vote30 into promo code box and apply it (30%off)
It says shipping and handling is $59.99 but after I entered my zip code it became free shipping.
Enter billing info and order.

I'm super pumped about this vaporizer! I had a Mrytlezap that I liked but it literally broke in half and started having major issues. I'm amazed that I could get this $300-400 unit for around 200 brand new.

I would like to have an attachment for my bong, any advice or direction on getting ViVape accessories would be appreciated.

Items OrderedQuantityItem PriceItem Total
viVape 2™ – Black
13101 1 $299.99 $299.99
Subtotal $299.99
Discount -$90.00
Shipping $0.00
Total
$209.

Hardlinemonk,
Top Bottom