Discontinued Vaporfection viVape

ugobo

I would like to see the inner body of the vV under it's cover. I own two of them but not quite willing to sacrifice one for now. I suppose i will have to one day!

EDIT: Hey Vapinghole! Congrats for your 1001 post!!!

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I would like to see the inner body of the vV under it's cover. I own two of them but not quite willing to sacrifice one for now. I suppose i will have to one day!

Thanks, ugobo! And one year ago today I became an FC member!

Vapinghole,
Reactions: ugobo

ugobo

Well today was quite an emotional roller coaster. I've had so much bad news lately in general, so when I read this thread today, I was really bummed out and thought both the vV and the mV were lost. The fact that USPS changed the status of the vV sent back for repairs to "undeliverable" didn't help.

But I contacted Dan and he was quick to get back to me. He said they have been making some changes and were doing some site repairs, but that everything is fine. USPS apparently messed up, but Vaporfection will send me a brand new vV2, so I won't have to wait for repairs. He also said they expected a production update on the miVape after the 1st and would let me know.

That's enough for me. I feel greatly relieved.:)

Did you received your brand new vV 2?

On a sidenote,my $50 mail rebate card got returned to me today with the mention "Not deliverable as addressed.Unable to forward". I wonder if someone has ever received the $50 mail rebate wich Vaporfection marketed the vV with?

So sad...

ugobo,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I received my rebate card in May, I sent it to them in Janruary. If i remember correctly, the first time i contacted them They said it usually takes about 3-4 weeks, the 5 weeks after i sent it they said it usually takes about 6-8 week and im pretty sure i contacted them again after about 8 weeks and they said it takes 8-10 weeks or something. Really shady, i flipped out at them the last time and finally got my rebate.

They obviously are no longer at their listed address, rebate cards and vivapes being undelivered I dont understand how they can act like everything is fine and tell you they dont know why its coming back undeliverable

Mynameismud,

UnixRasta

I received my rebate card in May, I sent it to them in Janruary. If i remember correctly, the first time i contacted them They said it usually takes about 3-4 weeks, the 5 weeks after i sent it they said it usually takes about 6-8 week and im pretty sure i contacted them again after about 8 weeks and they said it takes 8-10 weeks or something. Really shady, i flipped out at them the last time and finally got my rebate.

They obviously are no longer at their listed address, rebate cards and vivapes being undelivered I dont understand how they can act like everything is fine and tell you they dont know why its coming back undeliverable

This is really unfortunately because I really really love my vV2.
I had tossed around the idea of getting an Extreme Q or some other whip vaporizer,
but I really can't think of one that I would prefer over the vV2.
I use the vV2 at home and a PAX while on the go.
Any vV2 owners who have any other home vapes that they consider just as good as the vV2?

UnixRasta,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
find a friend with a SSV and suck on that...then tell us what you think of the viVape. I've never used a viVape before, but I'd be surprised if it was better than that one.

stickstones,

Tweek

This is why I don't do mail in rebates anymore. I have been screwed over more than a few times...so it's instant rebate or no sale.

Tweek,

UnixRasta

find a friend with a SSV and suck on that...then tell us what you think of the viVape. I've never used a viVape before, but I'd be surprised if it was better than that one.

Cool, thanks for the tip. Unfortunately all of by friends are still using combustion.
Anybody else here have any experience with a SSV versus vV2?

UnixRasta,

ugobo

This is really unfortunately because I really really love my vV2.
I had tossed around the idea of getting an Extreme Q or some other whip vaporizer,
but I really can't think of one that I would prefer over the vV2.
I use the vV2 at home and a PAX while on the go.
Any vV2 owners who have any other home vapes that they consider just as good as the vV2?

I also own an HA and a Plenty and the vV 2 is alone in it's field. I've tried other vapes and the vV is always the one i compare with the other whip vaporizers and the vV is always a winner.

It is very unfortunate and sad that Vaporfection choosed the wrong path and is where they are now. They had an exceptional product and an innovative one coming up. What went wrong?

ugobo,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Cool, thanks for the tip. Unfortunately all of by friends are still using combustion.
Anybody else here have any experience with a SSV versus vV2?

Yes, I sold my silver surfer to purchase the vivape when it first came out and havent looked back since! If your interested vapeworld is having a valentines day sale which makes the vivape2 around 230$ with free shipping i believe. Thats about 30 dollars less than a SSV.

Heres my comparison

SSV pros: no fan, heating element can be left on for days, extremely durable, great taste, comes with an awesome case

SSV cons: glass wands can break, heating covers can break, very easy to blow a load into the heating element scorching whatever your vaping which is a real bummer, stains the heating element and stinks up the room,

vV2 pros: bags or whips, extremely quite fan, glass heating element (taste is amazing all the way through a session), digital temperature, stealthy(blends in with my computer stuff)
vV2 cons: fan cant be turned off, 2 minute cool down time.

As far as customer service, i have found that both companies are very similar in that department and both respond to inquiries in similar times. I have had service on an SSV and also had to send 2 vivapes back. For the SSV, i lost my reciept so it cost 50 dollars and took about 3 weeks to get serviced. With the SSV, it was still useable but would only turn on when put in the max position (it wasnt the max temp though, it ended up being the perfect temp for vaping) but i still wanted to get it fixed. Total time was about 3 weeks. My first vivape i knocked the heating chamber loose(completely my fault, OCD), still useable but it was 4 days after i got it so i sent it back and got a new one in a week. The second ones heating element failed a couple weeks after i got the replacement and i purchased the xtended warranty and got a new vivape 2 days later! Service wise, vaporfection definetly was superior however it seems as if they no longer have offices/warehouse so there is nowhere to send for service, i know someone on here got theres back undeliverable and vaporfection said they would send a new one but i dont know if they ever did get it...

For me personally i would definetly get the vivape over the silver surfer, while you still can. Its new price on vapeworld is 289$ but for valentines day it comes to 230 like i said. Id contact vaporfection first though and ask about whats going on with their offices and say your concerned about buying it without having somewher to send it back. If your worried about longevity Id probably get the SSV, however id recommend getting a DBV or LSV and save even more money for basically the same thing. I know the LSV price is more than the SSV but it can be found on sites as low as 189$ and the DbV is 169$ i believe. That being said, 1 of the two broken vivapes was completely my fault like i said so its basically even with each of them breaking once on their own, and my 3rd replacement (after the original and the replacement) has been going strong since february with daily use.

Hope that helped, feel free to pm or ask questions ill be glad to help if i can

UnixRasta

Thanks for the replies, this is a very interesting situation. I am inclined to pick up a second vV2 at these fire sale prices.. Of course, my original vV2 might last long enough such that an entirely new vape might hit the scene and blow the vV2 out of the water! While I ponder I will totally enjoy this device with some new kush that I just snagged.. The flavor that you get with vV2 is amazing...

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Yes, the viVape is a great vape for its class and the taste is quite nice. It edges out the SSV in that regard (my friend who owns the SSV agrees) but the SSV is also a solid vape. Really can't go wrong with either.

But... I'm not keen on Vaporfection and can't justify doing any further business with them. Not sure of the company's future and therefore any purchase is a gamble. That said, if you're willing to take that gamble--gamble being no support if your vV breaks--then the vV is a nice option at a good price.

Vapinghole,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yeah i wonder if dormouse ever recieved a replacement vivape im assuming not since he hasnt posted.

Ugobo did you contact them about your undeliverable rebate?

Mynameismud,

ugobo

Yeah i wonder if dormouse ever recieved a replacement vivape im assuming not since he hasnt posted.

Ugobo did you contact them about your undeliverable rebate?

Nah... Enough time and energy wasted on them already. It's already painful enough watching their decline...

And anyway,i got it cheap and was'nt expecting to receive the mail rebate. But i would have take $50 worth of whips and balloons instead! But it was'nt possible this time...

ugobo,

max

Out to lunch
Not certain about the viVape, but the top of the line Vaporfection offering has always had a $500+ price.

max,

dormouse

Vaporfection has replied to all my e-mails, and today they sent me a tracking number for my replacement viVape.

They also said their landlord had started rejecting boxed returns sent to their offices at 1200 N Federal Highway, and that returns should be sent to their service center at 590 NE 7th Avenue, Unit 101 South, Boca Raton, FL 33487.

dormouse,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

ugobo

Vaporfection has replied to all my e-mails, and today they sent me a tracking number for my replacement viVape.

They also said their landlord had started rejecting boxed returns sent to their offices at 1200 N Federal Highway, and that returns should be sent to their service center at 590 NE 7th Avenue, Unit 101 South, Boca Raton, FL 33487.

Good to know they're not letting you down...

ugobo,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I believe $499. But there's always been a $50 rebate as far as remember.
459$ with the 50$ rebate that was supposed to be for a limited time, i believe oiginally ending in april 2012 but i dont think they ever ended the mail in rebate thing until recently. The only reason i bought mine when i did was cause i wanted the rebate so i wouldnt have to pay over 400 dollars. Leason learned and im never rushing to buy another vape again as hard as that will be

Very shady response IMO, that doesnt explain why Ugobo's mail in reabate was undeliverable

BoB Nesmtih

Whatever you do, do not EVER open your ViVape. This will void the warranty and render the unit unrepairable. I have seen inside one, and I assure you there is nothing interesting in there. Perhaps whats not in there is the most interesting thing?

BoB Nesmtih,
Top Bottom