Vaporbrothers VB2

KimDracula

I have one being delivered in a couple of hours. Can't wait to try this! I have 9 strains to test in this experiment. Extensive testing required! Inquiring minds want to know what all the fuss is about!

Awesome. Can't wait to hear your impressions. I think you're gonna like it.

KimDracula,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I have one being delivered in a couple of hours. Can't wait to try this! I have 9 strains to test in this experiment. Extensive testing required! Inquiring minds want to know what all the fuss is about!
I am curious as well to see how you like it. I'm sending the one I was using back to its home. I feel somewhat less inclined to buy one. Maybe if there were more temperatures to choose from...

DieHard,

redijedi808

Seems like a bunch of us are tapping our foots waiting for your reply.

I am actually very curious as well since you may be the best for my inquiry.

Lately, I have made concentrates my number one medication . I currently run the 710whip since I can't handle high temp dabs too well.

I really love the flavor but have been thinking of trying to improve my current setup.

I'm on the fence with the VapexHale Evo(especially since its on sale) or the VB2

When you get a chance, I would love to hear how those 2 compared as primary concentrate tool.

redijedi808,
I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE! I AM ALSO DONE WITH TESTING FOR TODAY. Can't really find many words tonight. It's worth the money. Flavor is awesome. Unbelievable actually. The effects are literally mind blowing. Paralyzing. I ran the unit for about 2 hours and tomorrow I'll visit Wal-Mart for a special oven glove for it. This thing can get "HOT!!!" The flavor can diminish when ran this hot. I find when the body is scalding hot you can cut it down to the medium setting and the flavor really shines and it still has the impact of a freight train. @DieHard Ive caught a couple of burnt hits but i saw my errors when i did. Overall I'm more impressed than i thought I'd be. I can't figure why my skillet tools Honeybun dabber doesn't allow the concentrate to vaporize. Is it the fact it's stainless on ceramic?
When I drop concentrate down in the dish it performs like a MASTER, but when i use the skillet it doesn't even work, the dab just melts on to the skillet tool. Anyone know what that is?

KimDracula

Glad you're enjoying the VB2 so much.

I'm interested to test out your theory about dropping to M when hot. I've always found H to be best but I also don't know if I've tried it since the M temp was increased, either.

In my experience most of the time a small bit of the concentrate will flee up the dabber. Dabbing technique can help mitigate this but I haven't been able to eliminate it entirely so far. Maybe @Vitolo or @vaporbrothers have more advice on this for us.

I can't wait to get mine back even more now.

Last edited:
KimDracula,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
FWIW, I found the best hits from the unit I was using by setting to M then turn to L when hot. I also found that having my dab just barely dangling from the dabber allowed the dab to fall off above the dish. This stopped it from running up the dabber.

KimDracula

FWIW, I found the best hits from the unit I was using by setting to M then turn to L when hot. I also found that having my dab just barely dangling from the dabber allowed the dab to fall off above the dish. This stopped it from running up the dabber.

Thanks a bunch for this tip. I had tried it before but I guess I got impatient. I'm glad you caused me to try it again. It's quite effective.

On other topics: I still think H is the setting to go with for me.

A question for all of the VB2 vets. My performance seems to have diminished somewhat over the last couple of days. Initially the dabs would dance and tasted awesome. Now they taste good but not as good. I am wondering if it could be the ceramic disc insert getting older? Does performance diminish as this gets older?

Cannabis Connoisseur,

KimDracula

I've been wondering about that recently, but mine have seen a lot of use now. I ordered a couple that should arrive tomorrow. Aren't yours practically new?

KimDracula,
It was new thursday. But I don't fuck around I've punished it. It has some cracks but not through. I have a spare with more on the way. Didn't want to waste it if that's not the case

Cannabis Connoisseur,
Reactions: KimDracula

KimDracula

It's hard to tell for me. Sometimes I get the flavor of things really well; other times not so much. Both of mine are now thoroughly used so I'll let you know if I notice a difference when I use a new one.

KimDracula,

rasmundi

Once you get hooked on it you're fucked, so good luck in deciding ;) After getting used to the Cheesebox aka Honey Pot aka Pot Crock, the old methods start to seem really cumbersome. :D

Truer words are seldom spoken. I've had the pleasure of sampling most methods of BHO vaporization and nothing compares to the taste, efficiency and overall abilities of the VB. There is no comfortable going back, once you've been initiated.

I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE! I AM ALSO DONE WITH TESTING FOR TODAY. Can't really find many words tonight. It's worth the money. Flavor is awesome. Unbelievable actually. The effects are literally mind blowing. Paralyzing. Overall I'm more impressed than i thought I'd be. I can't figure why my skillet tools Honeybun dabber doesn't allow the concentrate to vaporize. Is it the fact it's stainless on ceramic?
When I drop concentrate down in the dish it performs like a MASTER, but when i use the skillet it doesn't even work, the dab just melts on to the skillet tool. Anyone know what that is?

The ceramic does not radiate infrared like a metal nail does, so there is none of that almost instant melting and dropping of the dab like the old methods. @GR came up with the idea of holding the tip of your loaded dabber a touch above the plate to pre-heat, until it spontaneously starts to drip. This produces a harder, faster (actual) dab.

Last edited:
Today I'll test my theory on the performance of a used ceramic disc insert VS. a new one. Im still getting amazing hits and unbelievable feelings. I just noticed the flavor has diminished slightly and that wonderful dancing the concentrates were doing has ceased. If I'm correct in assuming the disc is the culprit, I'll just try to buy 50 of those disc in bulk wholesale. This is the absolute best way to use concentrates IMHO from my EVO to my buddies ENAIL, and haven't tried a torch and nail and don't want to. The pens aren't for me at least not the ones I've tried. I clean my VB2 unit every day and if those
little disc will keep it performing like the first time i tried it, I'll buy as many of them as possible! I feel i got my money worth once again Thanks to the reviews of FC!!!

KimDracula

Extensive testing proved my theory correct. The New insert took the VB2 back to the original performance!!

Good news. I should have two new ones any minute. I noticed a definite loss of flavor on my last few sessions and there may have been a gradual dropoff before that I didn't really notice.

EDIT: Actually, I think I know what happened. The last time I had trouble with top temperature the newer disc was dirty and unable to self-clean and some of the residue dripped onto the bottom, making me not want to put that one back on the heater so I went back to the older one. I bet that one was just too used up.

EDIT 2 (after arrival of new ceramic heater covers): WOW! I guess I completely forgot how this thing was really supposed to perform. I didn't even know what I was looking at for a second after the dab melted and fell, but it was the dancing @Cannabis Connoisseur was talking about. It danced and sizzled and gave a completely different hit than I have been getting recently. I'm really excited for this thing again.

Last edited:
Good news. I should have two new ones any minute. I noticed a definite loss of flavor on my last few sessions and there may have been a gradual dropoff before that I didn't really notice.

EDIT: Actually, I think I know what happened. The last time I had trouble with top temperature the newer disc was dirty and unable to self-clean and some of the residue dripped onto the bottom, making me not want to put that one back on the heater so I went back to the older one. I bet that one was just too used up.

EDIT 2 (after arrival of new ceramic heater covers): WOW! I guess I completely forgot how this thing was really supposed to perform. I didn't even know what I was looking at for a second after the dab melted and fell, but it was the dancing @Cannabis Connoisseur was talking about. It danced and sizzled and gave a completely different hit than I have been getting recently. I'm really excited for this thing again.
EXCELLENT NEWS!!! I'll be tying to grab about 10 packs at a time now! My first heater cover lasted an exact week!! With that type of burn rate I'm looking at quite a few replacements. Needless to say i use my unit relentlessly!

Cannabis Connoisseur,

KimDracula

I'm gonna do some testing real soon to see if the lack of taste Diehard was getting from my unit was due to an older disc.

Definitely worth checking out. There was a huge difference. I couldn't believe I had forgotten how well it was supposed to work. It seemed to waste some product as well, in hindsight.

KimDracula,
Definitely worth checking out. There was a huge difference. I couldn't believe I had forgotten how well it was supposed to work. It seemed to waste some product as well, in hindsight.
That was the first indication there was something different happening. It seemed my dabs weren't being completely obliterated!

Last edited:
Cannabis Connoisseur,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
So I have done @DieHard a disservice by loaning him my VB2 with a dirty disk. Yesterday I fired up the old disk with some of his concentrate and it tasted just like the shit I always use. Then I hit it on a clean skillet and it was like night and day. Much cleaner and tastier. I'm gonna have to figure out another tasting for you, buddy!

TeeJay1952

After reading this for a while, inquiring minds want to know: How long do disks last before change? How much are disks? Difficulty factor in changing disk. Can you clean a disk?

TeeJay1952,
So I have done @DieHard a disservice by loaning him my VB2 with a dirty disk. Yesterday I fired up the old disk with some of his concentrate and it tasted just like the shit I always use. Then I hit it on a clean skillet and it was like night and day. Much cleaner and tastier. I'm gonna have to figure out another tasting for you, buddy!
Man this is a definite factor in this uunit.
On another note I'll be sending my unit in to be repaired today :cry:
Wasted about half of gram before I
was willing to admit something was wrong :cry::cry:

Cannabis Connoisseur,

KimDracula

After reading this for a while, inquiring minds want to know: How long do disks last before change? How much are disks? Difficulty factor in changing disk. Can you clean a disk?

It depends on how heavy you use them, I suppose, considering how quickly CC burned through one, but mine lasted probably six to eight weeks. The discs are about $13/pair, I think. Changing them is no difficulty at all. They just rest on top of the heater. They self-clean quite well on the High setting, but after a while the performance dropped off.

That's a bummer, @Cannabis Connoisseur . You'll have it back pretty quickly, though. That's probably the one drawback in not having a temperature readout IMO: you can't really be sure until the hit doesn't go right.

Top Bottom